Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official chat room

Go down 
+2
Haar
Karbo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Wel Cliff has convinced me that we need a static and official chatroom for Felarya Smile
So which one do you think should be the one ?

I am not sure yet how I will attach it to the forum but I will seriously look into it ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm thinking the best bet would be to put it directly on this forum.

Looks like it's already implemented. Try following these directions.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Hmm, what Haar posted could work. I was thinking about something similar to what I've seen on other sites. there's a link on them that links to thei IRC chatroom, and runs it right on your browser with Java. This is an option too, but I have no idea how to add something like that.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Its All 19 wrote:
Hmm, what Haar posted could work. I was thinking about something similar to what I've seen on other sites. there's a link on them that links to thei IRC chatroom, and runs it right on your browser with Java. This is an option too, but I have no idea how to add something like that.

I thought of that, too, but I'm not sure if Forumotion would allow it. (Hey, why does Forumotion underline their own name as being not a word?)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Haar wrote:
Its All 19 wrote:

I thought of that, too, but I'm not sure if Forumotion would allow it. (Hey, why does Forumotion underline their own name as being not a word?)

Ahh, I wouldnt be surprised. Forumotion seems to be a little picky with some of their rules. Oh well, Im sure we'll think of something. As long as we get a good way for people to talk, its good ^^
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Its All 19 wrote:
Haar wrote:
Its All 19 wrote:

Ahh, I wouldnt be surprised. Forumotion seems to be a little picky with some of their rules. Oh well, Im sure we'll think of something. As long as we get a good way for people to talk, its good ^^

I guess it's down to using either the built in chatroom or an external one.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Well it's very late here so I can't test right now but i have set something basic I think. feel free to try it Smile

quick command list :

/clear Delete the messages from the Chatbox
/cls Same as the '/clear' command
/ban Ban a member from the Chatbox. This command must be followed by the username to ban. (ex: /ban username). Once the user is banned, he won't see neither have access to the Chatbox.
/unban To unban a user from the Chatbox. Its use is identical to banishment (ex: /unban nickname)
/me In the beginning of a sentence, this command will be replaced by your username (ex: /me eats a delicious pizza" will display "Nickname eats a delicious pizza")
/kick Disconnect a member from the Chatbox. The command must be followed by the username to disconnect (ex: /kick username). Disconnecting a user won't prevent him from reconnecting.
/exit Disconnect from the Chatbox. You can also precise the reason that will be visible for all members connected (ex: /exit reason)
/abs Send a message noticing that you're absent. You can add a reason that will be displayed in the message and visible by all members connected to the Chatbox (ex: /abs reason)
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:52 pm

It keeps jumping to the top of the scroll box for me...any way that can be fixed?
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Wow this is pretty good, thanks karbo
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 am

Agreed. This rocks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Official chat room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official chat room   Official chat room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official chat room
Page 1 of 1