Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RP bantering update

Go down 
+8
mangamastermind
Cypress
Siafu789
Wario-Man
Davis
Malahite
Pendragon
lami
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

RP bantering update Empty
PostSubject: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:10 pm

prelude

You may have seen some characters reaction in random threads around felaryan forums, I thought why not have a specific chat for that, for our characters to interact and the like, without the danger the comes from personal confrontation with 500 feet long snakes,.

drop in if your interested.

Prolong.

Felarya, a Dangerous and voracious world is inhabited by numerous sentient animals but many of them without any form of advanced technology, A group of crazy scientists financed by an encentric wealthy indavidual is conducting an experiment of the intelligence, culture and various langauges that exist in the Felaryan Races,

using a modified Air machine built for containing heavy loads and smaller scout ships, Scientists locate and air drop large termenals resembling high tech cellphones mixed with armor plating are dropped in and around areas where unwarlike races are found, because of the nature of the delivery, Areas containing large populations of harpies where skipped.

Lacking man power and support from avarage citizens who view the large creatures as evil monsters, The scientists are recruiting, just about anyone who wont eat them to try and talk to the Felaryans that answer the call.

All phones are not one way and share one omnilink with the facility and other units, the scientists hope to discover how races also relate to eachother in this fasion.

Technology. (skip if you dont care how the phone is made)
Because of the nature of this experiment, certain technologies are built specificaly in mind for large creatures, although compact to large creatures, the device is a deal larger than humans, about 10 feet tall, most of the device's surface is taken up by a holographic screen, this retro holographic approch was used instead of LCDs to ensure a more durable product, the screen is built on a hydrolic system that allows pressure, the screen itself is covered with a film that is touch sensitive,

despite the size of the device, it boasts a quiet speaker, excessive volume was shown to degrade speakers faster and it is thought that having a high volume might prove irritating or offensive, to compensate for this a removeable slide in the back attached to the unit with a long cable that can be held near or agains the ear, there is a speaker built into the main device, however, and the device can be used like a traditional telephone.

The microphone is built to recieve numerous frequencies, but it is thought races use the same ones as humans, other gadgets built into the phone include a camera, and weather monitering systems,

the software is light and intended to be energy efficient, and mainly focuses on tutoring users in how to use the device in a visual way thats not relient to language, instead optiong for pictures and universal symbols ( O and X ) and tunes that show positives or negatives,

the device contains a battery that can be used for a long period of time, scientists estimate a month of use, but even outdated technology is known to surpass its limits by extreme ammounts, the battery is replacable, but no plans to retrieve the device after the electricity runs dry have been made, this is for obvious reasons.

the device transits speach to a special facility, where it is logged and recorded and where by people may respond and communicate with specimens,

toping it all off a splash screen for the device is triggered during boot up and shut down, boot up shows a picture of a naga and human talking (human not to scale) and the shut down portrays a Naga showing the device to another naga, hopefully to encourage the sharing of the device instead of the "finders keepers" mentality thats sure to exist in any race.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 3:27 pm

I have a few characters here. I didn't think people would like them.

*to the group*

Clawdy! Xiao! Alex! Come on in!

note: Alex is my split personality. (<--- author insert)

Last edited by on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:22 pm

Right, so there I was, minding my own business, and wouldn't you know it; a Daemonhost tore apart the very transport I was hitched in!

Well, to put the long struggle short, me and some buddies get to land, and what do we see? Our own little piece of home! Emperor help me, I love this place! The bugs are sly as an Eldar witch, the predators are as big as a good ol' Catachan Devil, and the plants all want a taste of you.

Wonderful lil' place, gonna tell regimental all about it. Provided we make it back to Imperial Space, that is.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:10 am

hmm i may have even discovered a plot for this RP as groundwork.

Lured by promise of free food and a bit of cash, Aki finds herself sitting in a chair in a large room, few people occupy it, and most are in lab coats, food is catered, It looks apatazing to Aki, who lives on scraps, but in reality is rather so so, she gathers an asortment of whats there and parks infront ofa terminal, The terminal is clearly labled with instructions but aki passes them and decides she can figure out the device on her own, the reciever is rather plain, its an old handphone reciever only the wierd and out of place switches made it distinguishable,

Aki- I guess I'm supposed to talk into this things. is anyone there?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 9:46 am

Alex: I find it very fortunate that my mech can hold that phone. Makes it easier to communicate.

But anyway, here's an interesting story for you:

I was with Xiao on the lookout, watching for any predators. It had been a quiet night.

Suddenly, what do I see? That's right: a giant tree turtle, shuffling through the woods.

It didn't look like much out of the ordinary, but I noticed something. That wasn't not a tree on it's back. It was a dryad!

Man. It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Alex: I find it very fortunate that my mech can hold that phone. Makes it easier to communicate.

I was with Xiao on the lookout, watching for any predators. It had been a quiet night.

Suddenly, what do I see? That's right: a giant tree turtle, shuffling through the woods.

It didn't look like much out of the ordinary, but I noticed something. That wasn't not a tree on it's back. It was a dryad!

this thread isnt for stories, its for our characters to chat to eachother.
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:20 pm

(Not exactly sure how I should portray my character speaking since I named my account after him, I guess I'll go with the least confusing route)
Davis: "I'm telling you this is a stupid waste of time, I mean what are the chances this thing even works."
"No I'm not calling you stupid I'm calling the idea stupid."
"Why? Because god knows what could attack while we sit here next to a large phone trying to talk to god knows who. I mean look at the size of it, do you really think it was meant for us to use?"
"Ok, I admit I didn't notice the earpeice but still, wait what?"
"It's on? How long has it been on!? What do you mean the entire time!?"
"Ummm, hello? Is anyone there?"
Back to top Go down
http://iakos.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:15 pm

lami wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

Don't worry. I was just making friendly conversation.

What do you all think of this? Xiao keeps telling me how cool it was. Clawdy is just baffled by it. I happen to like it.

BTW, if I was weaving a story, you'll know it.
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 11:46 pm

Pendragon wrote:
lami wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

Don't worry. I was just making friendly conversation.

What do you all think of this? Xiao keeps telling me how cool it was. Clawdy is just baffled by it. I happen to like it.

BTW, if I was weaving a story, you'll know it.
W-M: ...Sounds like a story to WAAAAARIO...no offense...
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:57 am

So, is all of this actualy said or Davis still waiting to hear something?
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:45 am

I dunno, I was hoping their would be people with GIANT characters to use the devices intended for them, looks like the idea was a flop sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 11:57 am

Eugene Adamski leaned back in his chair, debating whether or not to pick up that phone. Eugene Adamski knew that he agreed to participate in the experiment-Johnathon Wirtschaft pushed the idea that it would be good "Public Relations" for the natives, if not for other human groups.

This was all wrong-when he built this base, he intended for it to be a secret place-a place where mankind could be invisible while he studied Felarya. Sure, he was okay with a few exceptions-but, not like this. The Anthill was never meant to advertise its presence like this. Sure, he knew that it was sheer paranoia that the average Felaryan would be able to trace a phone call-it was the principle of the thing, of maintaining secrecy.

However, there was one Felaryan he wanted to call-he shrugged, and quietly picked up the phone.

"I hope I can get a hold of her-let's see what kind of dryad Cypress is..." he muttered to himself...
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Cypress had hardly expected the thing to turn on... let alone be addressed to her. the techs in the Hall had deemed it safe, and had disabled any tracking esc components, but had left the devise mostly intact... besides a speaker amp and a patch back into the controll room it was just a rudimentry coms device.

And there it was... rining a sort of encouraging chirp. A glyph of a humanoid and a naga lit with a few rays leading from the human to the naga. She had since gotten over the presumption of species but with it lighting up again she was a bit put off by it. she sighted and picked up the receiver, "hello, who may i ask is speaking?"
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:49 am

"Uwoa! someones actualy speaking" the distant sound is made from Aki's own audio link, clearly she wasnt holding it at attention, instead fiddling around and munching on some fruit, Aki was carefull not to gourge herself however. "Umm, this is Aki i guess. I'm working with a team of reaserchers who are interested in Felarya and the culture of its umm, larger inhabitants." what am i supposed to say? Aki thought idly, "Basicaly if your free to talk then we would like to talk with you to know more about you, U'mm i guess i should let you know, Other people can talk too, Its sort of a multiple people thing."

Aki thought helplessly, she was used to being alone not having to talk or deal with strangers, it certainly put her out of her element,
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:33 am

Eugene Adamski, for a few moments, said nothing-could this be Cypress!?! He overhead Aki mentioning that this conversation could be heard by everyone...he must be doubly cautious, so as not to blow his all too precious cover of secrecy. What was strange to him was how...kindly this voice seemed. Not at all a "come-hither" tone, or a child-like invitation to play-it was the calm, assuring voice of a grown woman. It reminded him a lot of her mother, God rest her soul-put her through hell with his obsession with Felarya. However, he knew couldn't leave her hanging-he needed to respond, say something.

"A hum-Adamski. Eugene Adamski. I apologize if I sound dense, but are you Cypress?"

His voice was a deep clearness, suggesting what would be considered African lineage in our world.

"If so, it's an honor to speak to you."
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Cypress was somewhat taken aback by the greeting, how had they already known her name? "It is certainly a an honor to be addressed as such I assure you Mr.Adamski. This is Cypress yes, ...i must say though there are a fair few who know my name outside of my home. May I ask how you came by it?"
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:45 pm

"Clawdy, you ignoramus! That was our only hotline."

The group stood there, looking at the broken audio link.

"Well, excuse me for trying to fix it, Alex. It was because of your stupid robot that it broke. You put it down too hard. You just had to slam it on the ground, didn't you?"

I'll show you a slam into the ground."

Since they met, Clawdy and Alex had not gotten along (similar feelings for Xiao). Regardless, they had now broken the only link they had to the others. Each of the two were scowling at eachother, fists raised in anger. Xiao, on the other hand, looked at the wires and connected them fast, looking at the instructions that came with the link.

"Guys! I think I fixed it."

They stopped fighting for the moment and came over to her.

"Hello? Can anybody hear us? Please respond."

They awaited a response.
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Davis thinking to himself:"Well, this is interesting, I wounder if I should try to become part of the conversation?"
Drake in responce:"Whatever you decide, don't mention me."
Davis, still thinking:"Are none of my thoughts private? Anyway why do you want to be left out?"
Drake:"Well, it's nothing. I just don't have a good history with one of the people talking."
Davis:"Hmm really?" Just then a new voice came through the speaker.
Unknown Person:"Hello? Can anybody hear us? Please respond."
Davis, out loud:"Um, I can hear you."
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:14 pm

"Yes! It still works."

Alex wrapped his arms around Xiao, thanking her for fixing the link, making her blush on the spot. Clawdy sighed.

"Alright, you two. Let's not have any of that right now."

Alex turned to him.

"I guess you're right. Well, we should try to respond back to them."

He moved closer to the audio, and spoke in a loud voice.

"Hello out there. Might I ask who this is I'm speaking to?"
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:27 pm

"I've only known about it for a few weeks: one of our unmanned aerial drones returned after roughly a year in the air. It was first brought to my attention when I received the photo mosaic-a deep granite depression, nestled between a mountain range and a foggy swamp area, was circled in red with a question mark beside it. The message came with a note, explaining how we expected to find a large mountain here-apparently, our sources were woefully outdated."

Eugene pulled no punches, being as honest as he could without revealing his location-and, by being somewhat vague, theirs. Faintly audible gulps could came through, indicating he was drinking a glass of water. A slight tap, possibly from setting it down, confirmed this. He continued.

"The note also requested permission to explore the area, using disposable drop probes. I gave the approval. They landed a few days later, basically a small lander with a camera and microphone. In some of the audio data, we overheard conversations-enough to figure out your name and what the locals called this place. However, these probes landed in the boondocks of your community...we have no images or audio of you."

Eugene cleared his throat briefly, before continuing with the same even tone as before.

"So, I really didn't know it was you...just sort of picked up the phone on an impulse, heard your voice, and asked the question."
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Davis:"Um, my names Davis." With two different conversations going on at once he didn't know if it would be rude or not to keep talking.
John:"Hey I'm here too you know!" he yelled loud enough for the mic to pick up.
"Don't forget about me," said a somewhat high pitched female voice.
Davis:"Hey, if you guys want to talk just let me know instead of yelling at me for all listening to hear. Oh yeah, who is this that I'm speaking to?"
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 pm

"Ah. Another response!"

Alex told Xiao and Clawdy to huddle in close to the link, so as to make their voices clear.

"My name is Alex. With me is Xiao and Cla..."

"My name is Clawdy! Master of the ancient art of the Force. Remember it well."

Alex stopped him right there.

"Clawdy! Don't you have any matters? Show some respect."

Again, Alex and Clawdy were at each other's throats. Meanwhile, Xiao took this opportunity to speak to the strangers on the other end of the com link.

"Hello out there. This is Xiao speaking. How are you all doing? I hope you are all okay."
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:46 pm

Davis:"Ah, it seems that I'm not the only one with a small group around this thing, well so far we're doing--WHAAAA!" his scream fadded as he got farther away from the device.
"Give someone else a turn," said the female voice, sounding much deeper and louder than last time.
John cleared his throat:"We're doing ok so far, had a few close calls. My name is John by the way. What brings you guys to this place?"
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 4:40 pm

"Well, sir, me and Alex were brought here after a giant machine blew up. It made a giant hole in the sky and we were dragged in."

Alex pushed Clawdy off of him and stood up to the link.

"To be precise, John, it was a quantum vortex inducer, designed to harness the power of a black hole's raw energy and increase it one hundred fold. It was made by Dr. Geos in his hopes to..."

Clawdy interrupted.

"Get to the point already. You're boring us all to tears."

"Oh. Well, in short, it malfunctioned on it's test run and created a rip in space and time. We were dragged through and brought here."

After that, Clawdy stood closer to the link and told his tale.

"Well, I was going through subspace when I was attacked by space pirates. They hit my ship good, knocking me out cold and causing my ship to plummet towards an unknown and highly unstable planet. I can only assume this is that planet."

He stepped behind Xiao as she spoke into the link.

"If it's okay, Mr. John, we'd like to know how you all came here too."
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 5:57 pm

John:"Well, I was driving on my way to work, I'm an automobile mechanic, and I looked at the time on my watch, 6:42. When I looked back up I had to swerve to avoid a kid, I managed to as he dived out of the way. That's when I noticed I wasn't on the road anymore, but in the middle of a large forest. I was so confused I didn't notice a large pair of legs in front of me, the kid called out and I noticed just in time. The thing chased me around in till I crashed into a tree. Dra- I mean Davis saved me from the thing before I got hurt, but my jeep was totaled."
Davis:"I was just on my way to school and somehow ended up here, I ran into the creature he's talking about. Appearently it was an elf. It was chasing me when I nearly got run over by John here.
"Hello," the female vocie said cheerfully, once again it was high pitched. "I'm from here, I meet up with these guys and we quickly became friends."
Davis:"I notice how you left out what happened before we were friends."
"Well, those are just boring details that they probably don't care about."
John:"Speaking of which, you guys have anything interesting happen to you here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP bantering update
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next