Stumbling Skyward

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:03 pm

(Ok. The one issue that may arise is that I have two character...they're a pred and human team that work together. And my idea for a pred is a race that I just made up and posted on the forum...so I don't know if it's well...real or not.) Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: characters.   Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 pm

electro.
race human.
mage.
pred/predator: neither.
attacks with powerfull but inaccurate. lightning attacks. expecially when he is angry, which is very common.

elatran.
age 75.
race human
pred/predator: neither.
a old powerfull mage, of a very high rank.

latro.
pred predator:neither.
age 35.
race human
attacks with a varity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
(Ok. The one issue that may arise is that I have two character...they're a pred and human team that work together. And my idea for a pred is a race that I just made up and posted on the forum...so I don't know if it's well...real or not.) Neutral

That's okay, dude. Felarya is entirely based on what the fans feed into it. Just about anyone or anything can pop up in it. Besides, Felarya thrives off of new ideas for predators and stuff. Feel free to join!

And welcome to the RP, 11cookeaw1! Have a Joker fish!
(gives 11cookeaw1 a Joker fish)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:22 pm

(Alrighty. Bio's in spoiler.)

Spoiler:

Fenja hummed an old tune to herself as she sauntered through the forest. As a giant, she really didn't have much to fear...and if something really nasty turned up...she had more then enough tricks up here sleeve. Right now she was more concerned by the fact that she was rather lost. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder, which was connected to a pouch at her side. Resting in this pouch was what appeared to be a large brass orb, with tinted windows.

"Hey! Grip! You figure out that map yet."

A young man with dark goggles emerged from a hatch at the top of the sphere. He looked at a rumpled and torn map.

"This thing doesn't make any sense. I think we were scammed. Give me a second, I'm going to go see if I can find any reference in my books." He dissapeared back into the sphere.

Fenja sighed. Grip was nice enough, but not social in the least. She wouldn't dream of spending most of her time couped up in that little sphere. Travelling was much more enjoyable when you could enjoy your surroundings...

Suddenly, she sprawled forwards onto the ground, having tripped over something unseen. She cursed mightily as she picked herself back up. Grip's voice came out of the sphere. "What the hell was that?!"

"I tripped over...nothing?" she said, confused. She reached down and touched the place she had fallen over, only to feel something solid.
"It's...a force field or something?" she said. "And it looks like theres a cabin in there. As they say - What the frick?!"

Grip didn't reply for a moment. "Well? What about it? Want me to shoot it?"

Fenja kneeled down, peering through the field.

"Hey! Any folk's in there?"

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Baras heard voices coming from the other side of the cabin, so he walked on over to the other side of the roof to see what giantess with tusks, a cow tail, and pointed ears peering through the force field. Not wanting to be rude, he smiled and waved at the Jotun, saying, "Hello there! Can I help you with something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: ok   Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:03 pm

mean whilee..........

electro: are we lost.
latro: ummm..........
elector: ohhh...

suddenly though a kensha beast attacked.

electro: oh yeah. fireing a lightning bolt.
elatran: ohh it missed.
latro: owwww......
electro: oh yeah.
fireing a lightning bolt.
the kencha beast hwled in pain and seemed to bump into something invisible before. running away. scarred.
elatron: a force feild....
latro: it lets people in, but not some other things, owww. my leg..
electro: we need to find help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Fenja looked down and saw the man talking to her. She was surprised that he was conversing so openly with a predator. Then again, he did have the whole forefield thingie. But, truly, she didn't intend to try and eat him. She really prefered females, mainly neko and elves. And it was only the afternoon. She kept her hunting to night.

"Well, we're rather lost at the moment" she said, smiling. "And then I sorta tripped over your whole forcefield thingie you have here. If you have a reliable map, that'd be great!"

Grip undid the hatch on the sphere, sitting on the railing that went around the top.

"That would be a great aid to us." he said solemnly. "I'd do anything I could to repay you...althoguh I don't really have much at the moment."

"Oh, yeah!" said Fenja. "Also, my little buddy here would like some samwiches, or whatever you people eat. He keeps bitching about having to eat all those berries."

Grip brought his palm to his face and sighed. "I was simply pointing out a lack of variety in my diet."

"Hehe...sure." She looked around and saw that there was a pool and waterfall near Baras' house. A big pool for a human, but just about bath sized for a giant.

"Hey! We should totally camp here tonight. I havn't had a shower since...a really long time." She set down her pack and stretched, relieved to be able to put it down.

Grip looked a bit concerned. "Wait...do you hear something? I swore I just heard lightening..."

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:58 pm

When he heard the predator told them about how she tripped over the force field, he winced for a moment, and said, "Oh, sorry about that. Force field's a security precaution. Can't be too careful in this place, you know. Anyway, y'all need a map? Let's see what I have here." He then pressed some buttons on his gauntlet, and an orb began to form from the energy seeping from it. The orb floated towards Grip, and it projected a huge holographic screen showing a map of Felarya.

"Well, there you go! One map of Felarya! The red dot right there shows where you are, and it automatically updates when you go into an area not shown on the map. Also, it comes with a remote control." At that point, the orb opened from the bottom, and a robotic arm offered Grip the remote to the map. "I hope that helps you guys, and don't worry about any of that repayment bullcrap. I'm just glad to help you guys. Anyway, if y'all want to camp out here, help yourself! So, about those sandwiches..."

He then paused, hearing the thunder that Grip was talking about. "Could y'all hang on for just a moment?" He then walked over to another portion of the roof to see three mages. "Hey, there! Forgive my ignorance, but did you guys have to do with that thunder I just heard?"

Last edited by The Joker on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigataga
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 pm

(( Sorry guys, stuff suddenly got on top of me, I'm gonna be busy for a while but continue on and if you go anywhere, Chris is right behind you lol ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schoolhater
Douchebag of the year
Douchebag of the year

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:45 pm

Aleena gave chris a kiss before exiting the cabin to see what was going on she smiled and stepped out of the forcefield then she politly waved at the giant giving her a pleasent smile as she did "hello there nice to meet"she says smiling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:49 pm

(Ah, okay. I shall await your return, Tigataga!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:14 am

electro: yes.... i hit a kensha beast with a bolt of lightning. it injured my friend, latro. i hate kensha beastss.... and any other big predators aswelll.......
latro: we reckonhis parents were eaten by a big predator, when he was a baby. he has been infruitaed by all the big predators have caused. we have to kepp a close eye on him, or he might just go and start attacking anything very big.
eletran: he is a bit unstable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:28 am

"Ah, I see." said Baras. "Anyway, can I help you mages with anything?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:57 am

electro: my friend latro has a leg injury.
elatran: i am master elatran from the mage acadamy in negav.
latro: and i have an ingury.
electro: the next time i see any predators... shoot lightning bolts Very Mad first ask questions later is what i am going to do.
latro: we reckon that his parents were eaten by a great preadator when he was a baby, he has despised predators since then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:44 pm

(Well, since you're new around here, I hope you don't mind me offering a bit of constructive criticism. You see, one element of an RP like this one is good writing, and as such, here's a few things that would help you out significantly. One thing is that you don't want to use smilies (you know, Very Happy Sad Very Mad ). An RP is kind of like a book that being worked on by a lot of people. As such, you want to try and convey your character's emotions without using them, and people will take your posts a lot more seriously. For example, instead of "You make me angry." Very Mad , do this instead, "You make me angry." he said as he seethed in rage.

Another thing is that you don't want to repeat something you've already said, like with that post up there. If you've already said that his parents died by a predator eating them once, there's no need to say it again. You refer back to it, yes, but don't say it again, since we already know it.

The last thing is that, now you don't have to do this if you don't want to, but it would be REALLY helpful if you wrote in paragraph format instead of script format. It would really help your writing skills, as you are planning to write a Felarya story. Anyway, that's all!)

Baras looked at the injury on Latro's leg, and pressed a few buttons on his gauntlet, teleporting himself in front of the mages. He pressed another button on it, and the gauntlet glowed with a blue aura. When he touched Latro's leg with it, the leg then began to repair itself, and the injury was gone. "There you go, that should help. Anyway, you mages want to stay for awhile? I've got plenty of food if you want some. Though, if you do stay, I should warn you that I have a few people staying here that are predators. They are my guests, and you are not to hurt them. If you can't respect that, I'm afraid you'll have to leave. Anyway, if you'll excuse me..." He teleported himself back onto the roof, looking at Grip. "So, how do you like your sandwiches, um...I didn't your names yet. I'm Baras!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:53 pm

well thanks for the ideas.

"thanks so much" said latro. "but it's only the cut thats healed" "it was on a joint so i will still have a bit of trouble walking for a bit."
"oh and we might need to keep electro away from the predators" said latro.
"do you have a targetpractice area" asked eletran.
"electro really needs some practice on his aim" "his first shot at the kensha beast missed!" "and that's not the first time he's missed before." exclaimed latro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:45 pm

"Thanks" replied Grip to Baras. "I haven't had proper food in the while. Mainly just foraged stuff. Berries. My name is Grip."

"And I'm Fenja" said the Jotun, talking to Aleena. "Anyways, thanks a bunch for letting us stay here. While we need a map, we really don't have any set destination." She looked towards the pool.

"Alright little buddy, I'm going to take a bath now. Why don't you socialize with these guys."

"Please don't call me little buddy" replied Grip in a tired voice. "And really, I need to get back to the sphere and get some more research done. You can just put it down by the pool"

"Pfff. All you do is research. You're such a recluse."

"That could be because I live on a planet where most of the other creatures your size try to eat me."

"Nah. It's all in your head." Fenja picked up the sphere and her belongings and placed them by the pool. She undressed and spalshed into the water, washing her hair under the waterfall. She laughed and stuck her tongue out at Grip.

Grip sighed. "Well...I guess it's only polite I come in." He followed Baras and the mage trio inside, as well as the fairy. He saw a young man hurriedly putting on some clothes. The boy looked at him and said "Hi. I'm Chris and...I guess I'm new here."

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:40 pm

"do you have a target practice are for electro" asked latro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Baras thought for a moment, then materialized a fairly huge orb, which then floated a little ways away from the cabin before stopping. "There you go. Your young friend can use that as target practice. It has lightning resistance, so he can use it as target practice for a looooooong time. Anyway, what kind of sandwich would you like, Grip? Peanut butter and jelly? Grilled ham and cheese?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:05 pm

"Oh. Uh, well I'll have anything really. Even not sandwhiches. It's about dinner time so I'll take whatever food I can get, as long as I'm not intruding." He looked out of the room at the lightening mage shooting bolts everywhere. That looked pretty dangerous to him.

He turned to Chris who was staring out the window. "Never seen a giantess before?" asked Grip. "Do I assume that you're new here?"
Back to top Go down
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 pm

electro went and tried to practice his aim. his first shot hit an the explosion blasted the orb back quite a bit.
his second shot missed, continued on, hit a tree a caused an explosion the tree fell down and made a very loud moise.
"oh for goodness sake" siad electro angrily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Baras winced as he watched the mage from the window, who continued the fire lightning bolts. "Dang, ain't he trigger happy?" He then turned back to Grip, and said, "Oh, no, you're not intruding, you're a guest here. Anyway, since you don't have a preference in what food you eat, I'll be making a pepperoni pizza if you don't mind." Pressing one of the buttons on his gauntlet, a floor panel moved, and an oven rose from that spot.

He then grabbed various items from the refridgerator, and set them on the table, and grabbed one of the oven platters, and began to create the pizza, spreading the pizza dough on the platter. Oncethat was done, he poured the tomato sauce onto the dough and evened it out, then sprinked the mozzarella cheese, and then the pepperonis. After he was done, he placed the pizza in the oven, set it to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, then started the timer on it. "Well, while that's going, we can get to know each other a little bit. So, how long have you and Kenja known each other?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:30 am

"stupid tree, it almost fell on me!" shouted an enraged electro.
he fired a full force lightning bolt at the fallen down tree. the treepeded fire debris and bark everywhere at extreemly high and dangerous sppeds. "ooppps" said electroo...........

to be continued...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:36 am

"GAAAAHHH!!" Baras yelled, seeing the debris fly dangerously towards his cabin and the pool, he quickly activated a force field that blocked the fiery bark and wood from entering and hurting anyone inside. He opened up the window and yelled, "HEY!!! Watch it! You could've hurt someone!!" After shutting it, he went back to Grip, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:28 pm

"Huh. Nice forcefield you have there." muttered Grip, still amazed at the flying debris. That mage seemed to have more power than he knew what to do with.

He turned back to Baras.

"Ah. Well, I've known Fenja pretty much since I got here. That was about seven months ago, right after I arrived. For...certain reasons...I had to leave my home planet. I built the Travel Sphere to do just that" he said, pointing out the window. "Sadly, all the transdimension things I put in it were fried coming here...but I made it, which was what mattererd."

"Of course, I soon found Felarya to be more dangerous than I expected. I was safe in the Sphere, but it was horrible having to scavenge for food and such. Anyways, one day Fenja just sort of tripped over me...while being chased by Harpies. Seems she'd managed to tick them off quite badly. I turned the Sphere weapon's on the Harpies, fried them pretty good. And then Fenja decided that she was now honour bound to team up with me. Or something. I still don't really understand all this predator logic. But we've done fairly well together. We've managed to get quite a few good loads of treasure at various points. And it's better than wandering around alone..."

Grip looked around the room.

"And it looks like you've got a good little fortress here. For Felarya. How did you manage to build this?"

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Skyward   

Back to top Go down

Stumbling Skyward
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: