Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?

Go down 
+16
Tuc135
Darkstorm Zero
Karbo
French snack
rcs619
lami
xlrp
Reptillian
Fonq345
Zillachary
11cookeaw1
Jætte_Troll
vegeta002
Malahite
gwadahunter2222
Haar
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Empty
PostSubject: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:10 pm

What do Felarya's predators do when they aren't hunting, sleeping, or on some quest with the fate of the world hanging in the balance? They don't have jobs, tv, internet, or anything like that. Of course, we all know what Vivian does in her spare time...Wink But what about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Chatting or playing with friends, maybe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Dridders - or at least some of them - live in communities. I can imagine there they raise children / recently turned (depending on the Dridder type), work on arts, forge weapons / armour, etc.

Nagas from what I recall are social yet nongregarious. They probably socialize with other Predators in their area.

Faeries are probably the most similar to humans in what they do with their down time.
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 pm

A decent number of preds probably practice thier hunting techniques or simply explore.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:57 pm

It seems that Anna spends her time building stuff.
Crisis spends her time breaking said stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Crisis spends her time breaking said stuff.

Don't forget hiding, she hides plently of parts.
Back to top Go down
11cookeaw1
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
11cookeaw1

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:40 am

imagine if there was aportal to halo 1, 2 or 3 in felarya. i mean what happens if enough of the flood attack a large predator. attack of the 80 foot flood is what.
Back to top Go down
Zillachary
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zillachary

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:20 am

Depends on the type of creature, and their personality, among other things.
Back to top Go down
Fonq345
Helpless prey
Fonq345

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:44 am

well maybe they have something like a pub they go to, ...well not literally ...you know, like a giant building with tables and chairs. But i like the idea they meet at a central place like the fairy pond or the giant tree for 'a human or two'.
i think it would be cool if for example fairies provided a supply of humans, enchanted with some sort of 'flavor spell'
like anna coming to the 'pub' completely exhausted by crisis' tricks and says: "human-martini. Shaken, not stirred...."
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:09 am

i believe anna only eats human who has made her angry, but i like the idea^^
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:15 am

Reptillian wrote:
i believe anna only eats human who has made her angry, but i like the idea^^

Crisis can annoy her enough to not care if they angred her or not.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Arale I would have to think of super complex plots to dominate what ever real she has come across.

For Gunther think of even more horrible way to off people. Just because he can.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:25 pm

they don't usually have down time, they might sleep or chat, but usually hunters graze on humans, like cows on grass eating slowly and moving to the next meal slowly, creatures with alot of time on their hands typically have technology by now.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:04 pm

lami wrote:
they don't usually have down time, they might sleep or chat, but usually hunters graze on humans, like cows on grass eating slowly and moving to the next meal slowly, creatures with alot of time on their hands typically have technology by now.

Actually, most predators have a fair amount of downtime. They dont graze like herbivores. Lions, for example sleep most of the day, other than when they're hunting, which is a short amount of time by comparison. I imagine the Felaryan preds have about as much free time as most humans do. I dont think they have technology because they are very rarely organized. it seems that they typically live alone (other than fairies and gypsas) and only interact with their friends/neighbors. Most dont seem interested in technology anyway, probably because of their instincts and life growing up in the wild.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:00 am

rcs619 wrote:
Most dont seem interested in technology anyway, probably because of their instincts and life growing up in the wild.
and with their size, they don't need it in order to survive^^
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:21 am

Reptillian wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
Most dont seem interested in technology anyway, probably because of their instincts and life growing up in the wild.

lol, preds dont exactly have it easy. In fact, in some ways, they have things a lot worse than humans. Predators are not the only dangerous creatures in the jungle. There's plenty of poisonous plants, insects, etc that can kill them. Hell, Katrika almost died once from a snakebite. Not to mention "smaller" yet equally dangerous predators, like Kenshas, Tonorians, Spine beetles, bloodclaw apes, and many more.

Humans tend to be in groups, and carry supplies, and weapons, and technology of some kind. A predator only has their wits and senses to rely on. They're essentially, giant, naked humans living in the jungle for the most part. Some, like Gypsas, Chilotaurs, Dridders and others are armed with spines and venom...others, sucn as Giantesses, Nagas, and others arent. Just imagine yourself naked and in a large dangerous jungle. They are larger and smarter than a lot of other animals, but they're far from invincible.

I do imagine that some will make simple tools though. Handaxes out of rocks, and such.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:47 am

rcs619 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

lol, preds dont exactly have it easy. In fact, in some ways, they have things a lot worse than humans. Predators are not the only dangerous creatures in the jungle. There's plenty of poisonous plants, insects, etc that can kill them. Hell, Katrika almost died once from a snakebite. Not to mention "smaller" yet equally dangerous predators, like Kenshas, Tonorians, Spine beetles, bloodclaw apes, and many more.

Humans tend to be in groups, and carry supplies, and weapons, and technology of some kind. A predator only has their wits and senses to rely on. They're essentially, giant, naked humans living in the jungle for the most part. Some, like Gypsas, Chilotaurs, Dridders and others are armed with spines and venom...others, sucn as Giantesses, Nagas, and others arent. Just imagine yourself naked and in a large dangerous jungle. They are larger and smarter than a lot of other animals, but they're far from invincible.

I do imagine that some will make simple tools though. Handaxes out of rocks, and such.

I'm not saying they don't have it hard, but that they can survive without technology. Normal humans have no chance in felarya without it, but giants do.

In short: Size isn't everything, but it helps out hell of alot.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:13 am

Reptillian wrote:
I'm not saying they don't have it hard, but that they can survive without technology. Normal humans have no chance in felarya without it, but giants do.
To be fair, the Demi-Humans can live without technology. It just requires Magic or blessings by Minalca / some other diety (or guardian).

Anyways, RCS Dridders are at least up to Bronze Age weapon-smithing skills, and potentially up to mid-Dark Ages depending on just what metal they're using in their forging and what techniques they're capable of. Similarly, Crimson Maidens use metallic armor of an unknown origin and quality. This implies that both of the races have some sort of labor force or slave taking tendencies, or are just very good at using all that left over metal from those demi-humans attacked into materials for themselves.

EDIT: Actually, when I think about it, that only holds true for Faeries. While it's slim, there always is the possibility that the Dridders just trade for the metallic ores with their Seekers in return for some other good they can produce.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:28 am

rcs619 wrote:
lami wrote:

Actually, most predators have a fair amount of downtime. They dont graze like herbivores. Lions, for example sleep most of the day, other than when they're hunting, which is a short amount of time by comparison. I imagine the Felaryan preds have about as much free time as most humans do. I dont think they have technology because they are very rarely organized. it seems that they typically live alone (other than fairies and gypsas) and only interact with their friends/neighbors. Most dont seem interested in technology anyway, probably because of their instincts and life growing up in the wild.
true, i guess i assumed that by down time they meant time awake not hunting
either way, if it's because of their instincts that would make them less intelligent than humans
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:13 am

I assume predators spend quite a lot of time hunting. They need to eat a lot, and their prey does need to be found, since it tends to try and avoid them.

Tomthumbs, for their part, have an elaborate society that keeps them busy, as I've described once or twice.

I wonder what kinds of games giant predators play... That could be interesting to consider. Smile
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:13 am

For her part Crisis like to exercise. She jumps from branchs to branchs of the giant tree like a squirrel ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:19 am

The mental image that brings to mind is hilarious! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:36 am

XD

there will be a little scene about that in the next tome of the manga Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:14 am

i just got a crazy thought about...predator food fights XD
*pictures humans flying through the air and crashing into trees and stuff Evil laugh *
(yes i am EVIL, and pretty sadistic^^)
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:18 am

Karbo wrote:
XD

there will be a little scene about that in the next tome of the manga Razz

Yeesh! No wonder she eats so much, bouncing around like a coiled spring for fun would burn up lots of energy. Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?   What do Felarya's predators do in their down time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do Felarya's predators do in their down time?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next