Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mind-Controlling Parasites

Go down 
+4
Rythmear
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Pendragon
applecore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
applecore
Tasty morsel

Mind-Controlling Parasites Empty
PostSubject: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Alright, so I was watching these cool youtube videos on various parasites that get inside insects minds and make them do things against their will. Some such parasites will cause the host insect to crawl to the top of a blade of grass so that they are more susceptible to predators. They parasite does this to get from the insect to a higher life form, like a bird, so it can reproduce in the birds stomach. Watch the first video for a great example of this. It's really cool.

Zombie Snails

Fungal invaders from Mars

Attack of the Worm

So heres the idea: A parasite gets inside a human host and takes control of his/her brain. The parasite then causes the human to get itself eaten, like go somewhere with faeries or giant nagas like Crisis. After the human is digested, I can see two different ways they could be written:

A) The worm hangs around in the nagas intestines, sucking up nutrients and laying eggs that are..."dropped off" by the naga during her bathroom breaks around Felarya. Think of them like the Felarya version of tapesworms.
or,

B)The worm gets into the nagas brain for awhile and takes control, wreaking havoc or something for a time until it's life cycle is up and it leaves or is taken care of.

Both options have their value, but I like option B becuase it looks like it could lead to some interesting stories.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Hmm... seems like a scary, yet interesting idea.

I'd be sure to stay away from them, or at least get vaccinated. These types of creatures are scary.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:02 pm

Sounds like a fluke (that's actually the things name...Fluke if I remeber)

A great idea, parasites are indeed needed in Felarya (in my opinion, for I'mma sucker for stuf like this...) for lest you forget there are loads of'em in jungles...

...might wanna make a memo to get vaccinate against these critters :/
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:07 pm

*Cough* *Strikes a cheerleading pose*

GIVE ME A "Y"

GIVE ME AN "E"

GIVE ME AN "E"

GIVE ME AN "R"

GIVE ME A "K"

WHAT DOES THAT SPELL?!

YEERK!
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:25 pm

Rythmear wrote:
*Cough* *Strikes a cheerleading pose*

GIVE ME A "Y"

GIVE ME AN "E"

GIVE ME AN "E"

GIVE ME AN "R"

GIVE ME A "K"

WHAT DOES THAT SPELL?!

YEERK!

YEEAH! WHAT THE HELL IS A YEERK?

Also, This would be a pretty cool idea for a story, though why would a parasite want to wreak havoc?
Back to top Go down
applecore
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:17 pm

[quote="The Rev"]
Rythmear wrote:

Also, This would be a pretty cool idea for a story, though why would a parasite want to wreak havoc?

Cause it's a jerk. I mean think about it, your a small, worm like creature with a short life span, wouldn't you like to cause some havoc if you were suddenly in the body of a giant? (And with the chests on some of these nagas, some parasites might be more interested in having "fun.")
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:10 pm

Quote :

Read Animorphs. It'll rock your world.

But yeah, with so many aliens and such rapid evolution, I'd say something like these guys is only natural. Smashing idea, bloke!
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:26 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

But yeah, with so many aliens and such rapid evolution, I'd say something like these guys is only natural. Smashing idea, bloke!

See, this guy knows the score.
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:03 am

Rythmear wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

Animorphs?

KILL! *noms on book*
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:29 am

Wow I hope they are rare.. a scary creature indeed !
I think they are good plot material for a story Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:46 am

Rythmear wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

I remember that! Good times indeed.

memo to self: bring oatmeal into Felarya.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 11:26 am

[quote="applecore"]
The Rev wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

Cause it's a jerk. I mean think about it, your a small, worm like creature with a short life span, wouldn't you like to cause some havoc if you were suddenly in the body of a giant? (And with the chests on some of these nagas, some parasites might be more interested in having "fun.")

Rythmear didn't write that! Very Mad

What I meant was, would they be intelligent enough? Though it is Felarya...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mind-Controlling Parasites   Mind-Controlling Parasites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mind-Controlling Parasites
Page 1 of 1