Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya physics

Go down 
+13
French snack
Whiteagle
GREGOLE
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
zalzas
/Fish/
Asuroth
gwadahunter2222
observer88
rcs619
Flare
Karbo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Felarya physics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Quote :
Zalzas:
As for enough question I think might be worth asking, how does Felarya avoid connecting to worlds that might be incredible dangerous to its inhabitants? I mean what if it connected to the Marvel universe! Then Felarya would have to deal with Galactacus! Or better yet, Galactaca Xp

Some kind of natural mechanism within Felarya's dimensional chemistry controls what types of worlds Felarya can connect to. This is why so many humans, nekos and human-like people get brought there, and why so many of the animals, while alien, are still recogniable to us as mammals, reptiles and so on. Its a natural safety mechanism, so that incompatible creatures or people that would throw off the natural balance will not be brought in.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:10 pm

so does some people have serious reservations about this theory ? or do you think we can base ourselves on that ? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Karbo wrote:
so does some people have serious reservations about this theory ? or do you think we can base ourselves on that ? Smile
It's need some serious development but it's not bad in overall.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:30 am

I don't have much of a problem with it so far...

But I do know a guy on another Message Board who probably would...
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:48 pm

rcs619 wrote:

Some kind of natural mechanism within Felarya's dimensional chemistry controls what types of worlds Felarya can connect to. This is why so many humans, nekos and human-like people get brought there, and why so many of the animals, while alien, are still recogniable to us as mammals, reptiles and so on. Its a natural safety mechanism, so that incompatible creatures or people that would throw off the natural balance will not be brought in.

It could also be a way to replenish food supplies, if too few humans enter Felarya of their own free will. Razz

On the issue of the rift that surrounds Felarya's dimensional plane... The wiki says "The easiest way to picture Felarya is to think of it as a massive, flat disk that is gradually expanding outward. Forming a ring around the perimeter of the disk is a massive dimensional rift." So, presumably, that means new land is constantly appearing on the edges?

That just made me think there might be explorers who camp out on the edge, moving forward with the rift, exploring the newly appeared land as soon as it appears. Literally going where no-one has gone before.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:53 pm

French snack wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

It could also be a way to replenish food supplies, if too few humans enter Felarya of their own free will. Razz

On the issue of the rift that surrounds Felarya's dimensional plane... The wiki says "The easiest way to picture Felarya is to think of it as a massive, flat disk that is gradually expanding outward. Forming a ring around the perimeter of the disk is a massive dimensional rift." So, presumably, that means new land is constantly appearing on the edges?

That just made me think there might be explorers who camp out on the edge, moving forward with the rift, exploring the newly appeared land as soon as it appears. Literally going where no-one has gone before.

The rift around the edge connects to a point on the opposite side of the rift. you cant see it anyway....to anyone stading in front of it, it would just seem as if Felarya continued on, like a normal planet. The rift just re-adjusts itself whenever new land is added to the rest of Felarya.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:17 pm

rcs619 wrote:

The rift around the edge connects to a point on the opposite side of the rift. you cant see it anyway....to anyone stading in front of it, it would just seem as if Felarya continued on, like a normal planet. The rift just re-adjusts itself whenever new land is added to the rest of Felarya.

OK, now I'm a little confused... So, if you pass through the rift, you arrive on the other side of Felarya? But, sometimes, new land appears between the two "edges"?

Presumably there would be some way for scientists to know where it is, and thus to explore the new lands.

Edit: Would it look something like this?

Felarya physics - Page 2 Tbd

Felarya physics - Page 2 Tbd2

Last edited by French snack on Wed May 20, 2009 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:31 pm

French snack wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

OK, now I'm a little confused... So, if you pass through the rift, you arrive on the other side of Felarya? But, sometimes, new land appears between the two "edges"?

Presumably there would be some way for scientists to know where it is, and thus to explore the new lands.

Yep, the new land appears between the edges, and the rift adjusts itself to keep Felarya continuous.

As far as determining where...I just don't think its possible to map out Felarya in any effective way.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:43 pm

rcs619 wrote:

Yep, the new land appears between the edges, and the rift adjusts itself to keep Felarya continuous.

OK... I think I understand... Maybe...

Quote :

As far as determining where...I just don't think its possible to map out Felarya in any effective way.

Wouldn't people notice that the land keeps changing in particular areas? I mean, consistently, not just by brief connections with other realities.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Ack ! I think there is a mis-understanding here ^^;

I hadn't actually understood the idea like this myself >>

As I see it, the world surface form a disk, and the rift means that if you pass over it, you would end in the "opposite side" but withtout seeing the difference.. creating the illusion of an infinite space...

Worlds that would connect to Felarya would do so at random places in the disk itself..

I feel silly now >>
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Karbo wrote:
Ack ! I think there is a mis-understanding here ^^;

That's just because I haven't got a scientific mind. But I try to understand things all the same. Razz

Quote :

I hadn't actually understood the idea like this myself >>

As I see it, the world surface form a disk, and the rift means that if you pass over it, you would end in the "opposite side" but withtout seeing the difference.. creating the illusion of an infinite space...

Right. I understand that. That's pretty much what I was trying to represent in those drawings. But there's also the fact that the disk is expanding, correct? Which means that new land would be appearing where the invisible rift is.

Unless I'm still misunderstanding.

To put it another way: Is the amount of land in Felarya constant, or is it growing?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:09 pm

If felarya is a flat disk that warped back on itself the edges.
Why not make it a (hollow) bubble universe.
It would have the same effect.
Felarya physics - Page 2 Untitl10
Just to clear something up, it isn't like a Dyson sphere, the blackness in teh centre is pure nothingness, rift space. To an observer standing on the top of the tallest point in felarya the land would still appear to be flat.
Any world connecting with felarya would just increase the diameter of the sphere slightly.
Also, as pictured above it would be much easier to explain intra-universal portals like the whirlpools that appear in the Felaryan seas and warp you to another part of Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:24 pm

I actually like that model. It sort of suits the unique "gateway" status of Felarya.

Ooh... What if Heaven and Hell were in the "rift space" in the middle?

Heh...crazy ideas...
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:21 am

French snack wrote:

Right. I understand that. That's pretty much what I was trying to represent in those drawings. But there's also the fact that the disk is expanding, correct? Which means that new land would be appearing where the invisible rift is.

Unless I'm still misunderstanding.

To put it another way: Is the amount of land in Felarya constant, or is it growing?

Well it is mostly constant but I imagine it is slowly expanding over time, yes. I think I should do a drawing about it ^^;
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

then what would be in the space where the invisible rift was? just more nothingness?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
then what would be in the space where the invisible rift was? just more nothingness?

We could use what Jætte_Troll suggested.
Jætte_Troll wrote:
I actually like that model. It sort of suits the unique "gateway" status of Felarya.

Ooh... What if Heaven and Hell were in the "rift space" in the middle?

Heh...crazy ideas...

Karbo wrote:

Well it is mostly constant but I imagine it is slowly expanding over time, yes. I think I should do a drawing about it ^^;
This fits in with my idea:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
Any world connecting with Felarya would just increase the diameter of the sphere slightly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
blademan9999
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
blademan9999

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:04 am

rcs619 wrote:
Flare wrote:
So, correct me if I'm wrong...but this mean Felarya's actually flat?

Essentially. Although, you DO have mountains and deep seas and such. Its only flat in the sense that it isnt spherical. The rift around the perimeter gives the appearance that it is spherical though. You'd never notice the rift was there. To you, the world would just seem to go on and double back on itself like a spherical one.
um actually... that's wrong it would seem like a donut shaped world, yes... i mean it... if you went from the center with a paint brush and continued on till you got back where you started, then if you went a different way on most worlds you would cross the original line, on felarya, or a donut shaped world, you wouldn't try rolling up a circle, then making the ends of the new shape, (which will be a cyclandar) and you should get a donut shaped object. oh and my freind found this out. vortex tigers, from the description about them it's obvious karbo knows nothing about black holes... it should be changed from tiger shaped black holes to tiger shaped vortex. just look up about black holes on wikipedia or other sites.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

blademan9999 wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
Flare wrote:
So, correct me if I'm wrong...but this mean Felarya's actually flat?

Essentially. Although, you DO have mountains and deep seas and such. Its only flat in the sense that it isnt spherical. The rift around the perimeter gives the appearance that it is spherical though. You'd never notice the rift was there. To you, the world would just seem to go on and double back on itself like a spherical one.
um actually... that's wrong it would seem like a donut shaped world, yes... i mean it... if you went from the center with a paint brush and continued on till you got back where you started, then if you went a different way on most worlds you would cross the original line, on felarya, or a donut shaped world, you wouldn't try rolling up a circle, then making the ends of the new shape, (which will be a cyclandar) and you should get a donut shaped object. oh and my freind found this out. vortex tigers, from the description about them it's obvious karbo knows nothing about black holes... it should be changed from tiger shaped black holes to tiger shaped vortex. just look up about black holes on wikipedia or other sites.

That entire thing is made of BS and pseudo-scientific babble. Try taking Physics first kid.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Even though I've taken a non-existant vow of taking part in Felarya discussions, I needed so in that part. First and foremost, let me try to sum up all I've attempted at understanding. Felarya is essentially flat, but once there, it gives the impression of three-dimensional dimention. Right? It's basically composed of three layers: Existing land - New land - Dimensional rift. It can adapt to any specific atmospheric needed for the creature living there. Right?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya physics   Felarya physics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya physics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2