Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demons!

Go down 
+6
Jætte_Troll
gwadahunter2222
Karbo
GREGOLE
Archmage_Bael
nksrocks
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:42 pm

I was thinking about succubi at work... aaaah, those are really sexy girls... but that's not the point.

A doubt came in mind: are succubi the only inhabitants of Felaryan hell??? Shouldn't there be dozens of servant inferior demons and other demoniac races / sub-races?
My proposal is to work on a topic where to post ideas about hell, and all stuff connected to it, maybe trace eventually a map and stuff like that.

Now, pick up the divine comedy tome and the necronomicon, this shall be one hell of a trip.
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:20 pm

what about that character in your signature?
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Quote :
what about that character in your signature?
One would think that, as the creator of that character, he would know whether or not it was a demon, eh?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:42 am

nksrocks wrote:
I was thinking about succubi at work... aaaah, those are really sexy girls... but that's not the point.

A doubt came in mind: are succubi the only inhabitants of Felaryan hell??? Shouldn't there be dozens of servant inferior demons and other demoniac races / sub-races?
My proposal is to work on a topic where to post ideas about hell, and all stuff connected to it, maybe trace eventually a map and stuff like that.

Now, pick up the divine comedy tome and the necronomicon, this shall be one hell of a trip.

I agree with that. If it were possible, I would made Succubus a sub-species of demons. Sadly the wiki is not flexible at all when it come to re-organize your pages. So I put demons in minor races for now.. a bit messy I know ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
nksrocks
nksrocks

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:00 am

Karbo wrote:
nksrocks wrote:

I agree with that. If it were possible, I would made Succubus a sub-species of demons. Sadly the wiki is not flexible at all when it come to re-organize your pages. So I put demons in minor races for now.. a bit messy I know ^^;

It's no problem, I wanted to give just one more opportunity for race creation, even if they are set as minor I don't care... all I want is to develop more the concept of Felaryan hell, and maybe have just fun seeing what absurd cursed beings and strange designs could come out with the demoniac preset.

I had a vague idea for a minor demon, which bringed to the hell topic idea: Impettes (succubi's little helpers XD) I'll make the topic tonight (italian hour) I hope to get as much partecipation as possible for ideas and concept creation.

The purposes of the hell/demons topic shall be: hell mapping, minor / superior demon races creation, character creation (why not), and all that is connected to their powers-curses-stories.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:28 am

Karbo wrote:

It's not necessary because demons is generic terms to design the inhabitants of hell as the word Felaryas.
In addition of that the cerberus are demons and are categorized in fauna, so a demons is not necessary a sentient specie or to have a human shape it can refer to a beast or a plant
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:24 am

Yeah, that is probably true. The succubus are still a subpart of that, though. Wonder what sort of powers and purpose Incubi would have...and demon plants? I'm going to have to think about that one. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
nksrocks
nksrocks

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Yeah, that is probably true. The succubus are still a subpart of that, though. Wonder what sort of powers and purpose Incubi would have...and demon plants? I'm going to have to think about that one. Smile

Demon plants could result a really interesting and intriguing concept, I think that hell could have even some sort of "ecosystem", but let's not get carried away too much Razz

As for the example brought by gwada, I quote and agree, demons ain't surely bound to be sentient and-or have human form, this topic actually gives total freedom for the designing of species, with just one rule... no fluffy or uber-cute things, I mean, it's to preserve hell's honor. But maybe that was obvious enough XD.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:57 pm

nksrocks wrote:
no fluffy or uber-cute things, I mean, it's to preserve hell's honor. But maybe that was obvious enough XD.
Sometimes those are the most insidious.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:42 am

Karbo wrote:
If it were possible, I would made Succubus a sub-species of demons. Sadly the wiki is not flexible at all when it come to re-organize your pages. So I put demons in minor races for now.. a bit messy I know ^^;

Actually... A wiki should be quite flexible when it comes to reorganising pages. What would it involve doing? Putting pages in sub-categories? That can be done.

More specifically on topic, I like the idea of fleshing Hell out a bit.

nksrocks wrote:

As for the example brought by gwada, I quote and agree, demons ain't surely bound to be sentient and-or have human form, this topic actually gives total freedom for the designing of species, with just one rule... no fluffy or uber-cute things, I mean, it's to preserve hell's honor. But maybe that was obvious enough XD.

Oh, I don't know... A cute and ditzy, dangerous demon, who demolishes things without always meaning too... Razz Nah, I suppose hell needs to retain a certain graveness.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Yeah, I think we'd do well to keep Hell on a somewhat different plane than Felarya in terms of seriousness, but I definitely like the idea of a greater variety of species down there.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:03 pm

i suppose it could have long epicly tall hallways, you know the traditional stuff, thats devoid of life and everything's silent, and when you go to hell you meet something, or someone who will tell you where your "room" is, and unless you find the right one (without assistance and guidance i might add) then you just have something worse happen...

i guess "worse" can be taken differently from any person though. still this is a basic idea for what you go through down there, and maybe we can work off it somehow *remains hopeful*
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:24 am

French snack wrote:

Actually... A wiki should be quite flexible when it comes to reorganising pages. What would it involve doing? Putting pages in sub-categories? That can be done.

Well I mean for example, Let's imagine that I am no longer satisified with the name "mysterious temple". If I want to rename it "temple of awesomeness" I would have to create a new page, copy/paste the content, and then go and change every links ( rumor, fauna etc.. ) that redirect to it manually, right ?

Quote :

Oh, I don't know... A cute and ditzy, dangerous demon, who demolishes things without always meaning too... Razz Nah, I suppose hell needs to retain a certain graveness.

I love this idea Very Happy I personnaly think Hell should have its share of cuteness and fun too XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:56 am

Karbo wrote:

Well I mean for example, Let's imagine that I am no longer satisified with the name "mysterious temple". If I want to rename it "temple of awesomeness" I would have to create a new page, copy/paste the content, and then go and change every links ( rumor, fauna etc.. ) that redirect to it manually, right ?

Nope. See the tags at the top of each page? You just click on the one that says "move", and then enter the new title. There's no need to copy/paste anything. The original page will automatically become a redirect page. So a link to "Mysterious Temple" will automatically send the reader to "Temple of Awesomeness" instead.

Except if there's a double redirect. You mustn't redirect one page to another redirect page, otherwise it doesn't take you to the final page. But other than that, it all works very well.

Quote :

Quote :

I love this idea Very Happy I personnaly think Hell should have its share of cuteness and fun too XD

Hehe... Fun and terror in the same place. Hell sounds wild. Razz
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Karbo wrote:
nksrocks wrote:

but generally theres cut and paste right? another way is to redirect
but as you mentioned, i don't think theres anything you can do with rearranging links, unless you can make the old page refer to the new one.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:18 pm

lami wrote:

but generally theres cut and paste right? another way is to redirect
but as you mentioned, i don't think theres anything you can do with rearranging links, unless you can make the old page refer to the new one.

As I've explained (in the post just above yours), all that's possible. You can move pages without copy/pasting, and the original automatically becomes a redirect to the new page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Demons! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons!   Demons! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons!
Page 1 of 1