Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Announcements Thread

Go down 
+104
The Sketch Knight
dragon808tr
Lockheed X-17
Scryangi
Sprix
Bandur Khan
Mr. I
Americanhero45
CrisisOperations
Thywolf
hhhat09
Zephyr102
Venom Agato
Zhivago
JohnboyX
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
Solomon
Darth_Nergal
W-3-K
Ilceren
Komandr2465
DarkOne
Gabriel115
Chihiro Fujisaki
Darkstorm Zero
Claire
AzureJass
Tango
Prof.Nekko
parameciumkid
MetaSkipper
timing2
McKindle
MrNobody13
Beefnautz
Lobo
Nickonaquamagna
TheArchvile
buddha66667
Vaderaz
Black Hole Fragment
Amaroq
walkingbyself
zersergathant
kikijonson
Sehoolighan
Goldclaw
sparkythechu
space_samurai
vore4life99
Krisexy26
thejackle123
ravaging vixen
Zillachary
luke112
Davis
Shady Knight
Saironthis
Salvyrn
Feadraug
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
Rodeo
tkh1304
Jasconius
Boris92
aethernavale
French snack
Jew
DaNoob13
alliance
spike833
VenomX3000
Zoekin
SuperPieGuy9
Nyaha
Googlememan
Warrior3000
AisuKaiko
Pendragon
Byakugan01
Karbo
DeviantDiscordian
observer88
Stabs
ZionAtriedes
Reptillian
gwadahunter2222
FalconJudge
Oldman40k2003
pyrryn
nksrocks
Archmage_Bael
Jætte_Troll
Anime-Junkie
kaitheguy1234
mikeimp
codaman
Asuroth
The Rev
CauldronBorn24
rcs619
/Fish/
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilceren
Ilceren

Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:16 am

Yeah, good luck Bael!
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:22 am

Well, I've made an important decision. Want to know what it is? Read this. (PDF download of 1MB)

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated link so it actually works.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
AzureJass
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
AzureJass

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Well, I've made an important decision. Want to know what it is? Read this. (PDF download of 1MB)

Farewell, I wish you good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:

I've just finished reading it... now I need some time to process it, because... well, there are some things that I had heard of before, others I didn't... but anyway...

Farewell and good luck, AJ. That's what I can say at least, for now. A bad thing this happens, though.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 pm

AJ, all I'll say is: I'm sorry you feel that way and it's come to this. I do appreciate the conversations we've had and the spirit you approached them with. Inevitably, we still have differing views on some things.

Good luck to you in whatever you do next.
Back to top Go down
W-3-K
Helpless prey
W-3-K

PostSubject: Well bye.   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Edit: W-3-K's announcement that he is leaving has been merged into the Personal Announcements thread. The message itself was a link to a page containing, in part, a string of crude insults against certain people. Consequently, removed. - F.S.

Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 pm

...ouch...Farewell Warrior...well...actually, not farewell. I'll still be seeing you on DA, unless you decide that you want to cut all ties or something. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:51 pm

AJ, why in the world didn't you talk to me about this? We have each other on msn...

I'm sad you're going, but I fear what you said will cause a whole lot of people to leave just from reading that.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:58 pm

I feel like I want to say something, but no matter what it is - that could provoke negative reactions, but I believe you give an example of yourself quite well in that letter. At least you were truthful to yourself, and that is important, no sarcasm there.

You were getting pretty good though, W3K. You tend to decorate what you say and pattern your speech rather heavily. Believe me when I say that's not needed to appear intelligent, we already know you're a smart guy. I wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

AJ it was fun and an honor to have you a part of Felarya, take care in your future and whatever you do next.

Please take it easy.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Okay my opinion on this you can imagine roughly follows the post I made just now in AJ's farewell thread.
Sad to see ya go, sure is a tragedy you don't think we're cool enough for you anymore, I'm still here for all you new people, yadda yadda yadda.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 am

Ahhh dude, it's a shame to see you go. Always did like chatting to you. Well, if you ever want to chat again let me know! I hope you find fruition wherever you go from here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:27 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:

Where to begins...
There are things I agree with. When you say I have poor leadership skills I am forced to agree. I'm not a leader at heart, I'm not fond of telling people what they must do and, if anything, I am more used to work alone.
And there are things I disagree with. Despite what you imply here I have a deep respect for all the people contributing to Felarya and showing talent and imagination, exploring aspects of the universe I would have never thought about myself... But any amount of respect is not going to translate into having a decision as to the direction of the universe and where it should go, which is what some people seemed to desire... I repeat this point but Felarya is not a community project but a project open to the community..

As for the letter, you found shocking I have a negative view on it ? I never made any mystery of it...

I don't liked it back then and still don't. It's true I took it badly indeed, much more than I should have, and I clearly over-reacted on it. On the other hand I didn't liked the content of it and I don't think it was -as a whole - an honest attempt of trying to make things better…
Don't get me wrong, there were many valid points that were brought with good intentions, but mixed with less honest ones with tinge of jealousy and forum politics. And, because it was under the form of a petition, people had to sign it all. I found the process pretty manipulative personally and I didn't liked this at all. That was putting people in a delicate position. Signing or not signing ? that was a bit being caught between a rock and a hard place, especially if friends were involved.
So yes, looking back at it I reacted badly and, in hindsight, I would have done things much differently. Don't you wish sometimes you had a time-travelling machine ? But I do think the petition was wrong too.

And no I wasn't seeing you as an opposition leader like you say... if anything , I was seeing you more as a mediator... The thing is there are things you and some people want to push for that I'm always going to resist. What you think is good for the universe is not necessarily what I think is good..
I'm really sad to see you go though and hope it's not for good... Despite our disagreement I respected your intensive involvement in the community and your ideas to make things more efficient. For example, if we have a wiki that is much more readable and organized today it's largely thanks to you..

So thank you and I wish you good luck for your future projects. And I hope to see you again, if at some points you think things looks less bleak than your current assessment...
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 pm

I would just like to publicly apologize for how I have been behaving these past few months. I let real-life and personal issues boil to the point where I began lashing out at those I held closest. The way I behaved was totally uncalled for, reprehensible and terrible, and I refuse to do it any more. No more being angry, no more being terrible, mopey and cruel. That isn't who I am, and it isn't who I want to be as a person. I will not perpetuate it any further either. It's time for a change, it's time for me to be a better person.

AJ, JT, Zion, Warrior, Mr.N, Tango, Chuck, Rob, Darkstorm, and any others I'm missing. You never deserved any of it. I was so completely and totally wrong.

The return of old-Cliff begins today.

Last edited by rcs619 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 pm

rcs619 wrote:
I would just like to publicly apologize for how I have been behaving these past few months. I let real-life and personal issues boil to the point where I began lashing out at those I held closest. The way I behaved was totally uncalled for, reprehensible and terrible, and I refuse to do it any more. No more being angry, no more being terrible, mopey and cruel. That isn't who I am, and it isn't who I want to be as a person. I will not perpetuate it any further either. It's time for a change, it's time for me to be a better person.

That's a good start. We need you back as the Cliff we knew and loved. Not this other Cliff we don't recognize. C':
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Awesome. So "no more mister not nice guy." I like it.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 am

I hope you are successful in your future endeavors AJ. And Cliff, I'm happy to hear that things have cooled down.

I mainly wish to stay out of these conflicts since I have anger issues.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm leaving on a trip Wednesday and won't be back for about two weeks.
NOBODY ELSE LEAVE TILL I GET BACK terminator
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm

See you then Para, get back safely.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 am

Well after after months of thinking about it, I’ve finally decided that Felarya as a setting and its community is no longer of interests to me. Given my lack of involvement in these forums over the several months, and the string of older members leaving I don’t believe that I will be missed by many of the people here. I would like to take the time to state that I was losing interest in Felarya as a whole well before Zion was banned. Upon realizing this I attempted to find something to anchor me to the setting; something to entertain me. At first, the simple fact that people I consider to be my friends were still active in the community was enough for me stay, but as time passed that alone wasn’t enough for me to consider myself a part of the community, I actively engaged myself in the activities that lead to Zion’s ban, activities that even at this time I still support their intended effect, I either through the maturity that comes with age or through simple reflection on the past I no longer can say that I support the means that was used to attempt to achieve that goal, at this point I believe what attracted me to participating in those activities wasn’t any genuine concern for the wellbeing of Felarya, but simple enjoyment that can be derived from eliciting another individual’s annoyance, and rage as they lack the usual tact that I try to employ in other areas of my life.

Fast forwarding ahead to now I no longer find any part of this setting enjoyable for more than a brief instant of time, I can’t read any of the good stories, character bio’s, or ideas, and critiquing the shitty ones no longer provides me with any amount amusement. Attempting to help people improve, or burn away the loose threads doesn’t provide me with any satisfaction. The idea of writing a story, developing a character, or coming up with a new idea don’t interest me. It’s because of these reasons that I’ve decided to leave, not some sense of hopelessness for the community, not the lack of quality that exists within the universe, not the lack of leadership, not the drama, or the abuse of other peoples characters and ideas. It’s the utter lack of enjoyment that I receive from this setting.

I’d also like to state that this post is entirely self-centered, and has been written and posted entirely to prove a point to myself. The point being that I don’t care anymore, I don’t care about the world building; that I don’t care about the stories; that I don’t care about the characters; and that I don’t care to listen to any more of the drama that’s pulled into this place. I’m posting and leaving this here as a simple way of proving to myself that I really don’t care so that I may leave without a second thought. I don’t believe that were this places problems to be fixed and all my friends who have left before me still a part of this community that this post change any with the exception of the details.

So it’s with a simple farewell that I’d like to leave this community and setting, no rage, no long post of personal observations, no analysis of the community, or pool of resources. Just a simple...

Farewell,
buddha66667
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:43 am

Farewell then, Buddha.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 am

Farewell man. It was nice having you among us.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:49 pm

It's a real shame to see you go man Sad I wish you all the best for the future in whatever endeavors you undertake and that you look back on your time here fondly!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Its a shame to see you go. If you ever feel like checking back in out of curiosity don't hesitate to do so. We wont think any less of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Announcements Thread
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next