Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suitcase nuke...

Go down 
+9
gwadahunter2222
Karbo
L'Ryn
Jætte_Troll
Silent_eric
Malahite
FalconJudge
rcs619
vegasmazza3
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:06 pm

You read correctly... suitcase nuke...

I tried searching but could find nothing specific to this... Sad So I shall ask it here

Couldn't you theoretically carry around a suitcase nuke and threaten to use it if a intelligent pred wanted to eat you... (I mean either way you're going to die... might as well take the pred down with you)...

I don't think any creature would be able to survive a suitcase nuke... 1KT-5KT (possibly bigger if we take into consideration that humanity has advanced farther than today)

Crisis probably couldn't survive that... much more... "explosive power"... than a hand grenade...

In one story I read they didn't like being threatened with a plasma rifle... so suitcase nuke... well let's say it's a bad end for all sides... Evil laugh

Oh and of course carry an informative video in case they don't understand... (embellished video of course.. Evil laugh )
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:54 pm

vegasmazza3 wrote:
You read correctly... suitcase nuke...

I tried searching but could find nothing specific to this... Sad So I shall ask it here

Couldn't you theoretically carry around a suitcase nuke and threaten to use it if a intelligent pred wanted to eat you... (I mean either way you're going to die... might as well take the pred down with you)...

I don't think any creature would be able to survive a suitcase nuke... 1KT-5KT (possibly bigger if we take into consideration that humanity has advanced farther than today)

Crisis probably couldn't survive that... much more... "explosive power"... than a hand grenade...

In one story I read they didn't like being threatened with a plasma rifle... so suitcase nuke... well let's say it's a bad end for all sides... Evil laugh

Oh and of course carry an informative video in case they don't understand... (embellished video of course.. Evil laugh )

....*sigh* here we go again.

No matter how many times this idea (or something similar) gets brought up, I just cannot express how bad it is.

ONE: You cant just get a NUCLEAR fucking WEAPON. They aren't just laying around in your local gun shop, or any store in Negav for that matter. No one in their right mind is going to take a weapon of mass destruction to an alien world that they want to explore. Keep in mind, the majority of people are brought into Felarya either by accident, or they come unaware of the danger. NO ONE is going to be carrying a nuke for the hell of it.

TWO: If you get caught, you've done something wrong. STEALTH, FINESSE, KNOWLEDGE, COMMON SENSE...those are far greater survival tools in Felarya than any gun or bomb. You survive through skill there, not force.

THREE: ....take a PRED down with you?! You're goint to take out a massive chunk of jungle as well, not to mention the fires and radiation that will follow. What about other humans in the surrounding area? The nekos? the Neera? the preds who are doing NOTHING to bother you?

FOUR: .... "possibly bigger"?! ...dude, you dont need a NUKE to kill a pred. a couple pounds of C4 is more than enough. if you want to play kamikaze-man, use that and spare the innocent lives that you didn't need to harm as well.

FIVE: The explosive power of a hand grenade isnt what kills people. Its the shrapnel that comes off of it with the explosion that does the most killing. The reason grenades generally arent good against predators is that the shrapnel is so tiny, you aren't going to get significant damage (maybe in the eyes though, if you can throw that high). The flash will probably distract/surprise them...but thats about it.

SIX: ....informative....video? ...where the hell are you going to plug up a TV/VCR/DVD player with a large enough screen for the to even see. And why would you not just run while they're watching the vid?

**Note: a Plasma rifle is a terrible choice too, btw. Energy weaponry in general has terrible penetrating power. Sure, it'll burn...but to kill something the size of TWO WHALES, you need massive penetrating power. Try to pierce a vital organ or hit the juggular vein**

Sorry to be mean...but its just a horrible idea all around.
Back to top Go down
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:21 pm

The bomb is the last resort lol... and that's the point they ARE RARE... but no doubt some people could get access to them

well I didn't know C4 was an alternative lol... since grenades don't work Sad

Yah.. to be honest I thought a nuke was the only option lol since nothing else seems to work Shocked

I actually was thinking a nuke might NOT be enough Shocked ... how am I supposed to know (I'm new Laughing )... (that's why I posed the question Very Happy )

Ehhh I have to disagree partly with TWO... a lot it is also luck along with the fact that it seems preds having very good senses... Believe me if it was all and only what you said... then more people would survive.. not everyone is an idiot or doesn't know what their getting into... (or at least I hope so... because if it isn't that's just pitiful)

Like I said weapons are last resort... you think you'd want to kill yourself BY CHOICE?? (at least if your sane)... The point is to use the bomb as a deterring factor

O and you probably could bring a projector Smile... it'd still be small... but big enough lol

The average person wouldn't be carrying around a bomb... it's for a person who is well aware of the dangers

Hmm... what's a better alternative in your opinion then... (instead of C4 possibly)...

At least you included the last sentence Very Happy... so I know there isn't ever-lasting hate
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:14 pm

No nukey. If a guy was aware of the dangers, he wouldn't carry around something like that anyways.

Another alternative? A railgun. Not easy to carry, but it can pierce through just about anything, and if you prop it up against a tree or a rock, you might survive. But, then, it wouldn't do any good against a stomach, as no predator would swallow something like that anyways. And it's too big to drag around the jungle...

Even so, a pred would just take the bomb off you, so... yeah. Maybe a bazooka or a light-saber like object...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Quote :
If a guy was aware of the dangers, he wouldn't carry around something like that anyways.

Why not?? Wouldn't be an effective deterant? What wouldn't be worse than total annilation... and there is something called remote detonation...

It's small enough to carry... and it's still effective from within the stomach... hmm maybe a mini-suitcase nuke... just strong enough to be able penetrate a strong stomach... but not strong enough to wipe out everything in a 1 mile radius... (maybe a 500ft radius) potable C4... hmm..

Isn't a bazooka like an RPG.. since grenades aren't effective.. wouldn't that we like the same thing...?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:58 pm

I personally don't want to see nukes anywhere near Felarya, as it's only a matter of time before someone "HUMANS SUCK WOO PREDS!" decides to take a nuke and set it off in Negav to "restore the balance" or something.

Best weapons for dealing with preds are stealth and magic. Just avoid them, it is not that complicated like people make it out to be. You don't need to be invisible, or have some god-mode items. Just need something, anything, that weakens / ruins divination / predator senses. That's it. You can easily do camouflage, both visual and scent-based, noise discipline should be simple, etc. Heck, that should be enough for non Pred-sense Predators.

If you want to fight a Predator directly? We have a thread for that. A pretty comprehensive thread. Go there.

Pocket Nukes are a bad idea, unless you're trying to do mass-extermination. That in itself is a problem, as it will likely draw the Guardian's attention and either: A) Make them bring it back, B) Take something of equal value out to those who destroyed the Pred's, C) Bring something worse into the picture, or D) All the above.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:40 pm

You want to know the main reason some race or another hasn't nuked Felarya?

Resources. People who come to Felarya, on purpose at least, come for two reasons. To get rich, and live forever. A nuke will destroy the riches, and will, well, you won't live forever if you set off a nuke on top of yourself will you?

In fact, to protect Dearest Felarya, I propose that the magic inherent in Felarya, the ambient healing energies, in some way interferes with the way nuclear fusion or fission work. Thus, the use of nukes has never occurred on Felarya, because whenever someone tries, the nuke is unable to detonate.

All opposed?
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
You want to know the main reason some race or another hasn't nuked Felarya?

Resources. People who come to Felarya, on purpose at least, come for two reasons. To get rich, and live forever. A nuke will destroy the riches, and will, well, you won't live forever if you set off a nuke on top of yourself will you?

In fact, to protect Dearest Felarya, I propose that the magic inherent in Felarya, the ambient healing energies, in some way interferes with the way nuclear fusion or fission work. Thus, the use of nukes has never occurred on Felarya, because whenever someone tries, the nuke is unable to detonate.

All opposed?

Ehh, I don't know. I think common sense will keep people from doing it. If they do, there is NO way it would ever be considered canon anyway. let people be stupid.

as far as a nuke deterrent....it doesn't even need to be magical, or healing. This is an alternate dimension, right? read the thread on Felarya physics if you haven't already to get an idea for just how wierd it is. Who's to say that there is something in the physics of Felarya that makes nuclear fusion/fission impossible?

But I still think common sense will keep this from happening. Its not canon if it does anyway.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm

I'll remind you that a zombie epidemic in Felarya has a specific reason why it won't work. Specifically, no necromancy. So I just thought, 'Why not have the same for nuclear weapons.'
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Why not just say it ain't gonna happen and close the thread? This wouldn't appear to be going anywhere...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Pocket nukes wouldn't be able to cause mass-extermination.. they're too small

GAH... nuke. is. a. deterrant. Of course there'd be no point in turning Felarya into a barren wasteland now would there? (Besides there's no nuke to do that in one blow anyway... you'd need an asteroid for that... and since there is technically "no space"... so yah)

Technically, Silent_eric's idea is the most feasible... because believe me SOMEONE WOULD DO THIS Smile... and some people would just want to wipe out the planet (believe me they exist).. Hmm that'd make for a good story... bring a nuke... try detonating it... and nothing... lol

https://felarya.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f1/what-is-the-best-tactical-and-strategic-offense-against-t360.htm ... is this the thread you're talking about?? If it is I already looked at that... it's waayyy too long to get something solid out of it (you know.. people contradicting each other)

Hmm.. what else to address... Guardian's would have to predict the future... (I can see it... ) or reverse time or something like god... I don't know enough to know if the guardians are considered like "gods"

And you think common sense would be TO DO something like this... I mean if you know of the dangers before hand.. have a goal... have the knowledge, but still get caught, why not have a backup... protection... it would be the smart thing to do to have a way to get your way out of a situation you normally wouldn't be able to get yourself out of... (no one wants to be blown to smithereans... why do you think the US and USSR didn't nuke each other... the consequences far out weighed the risks... and they were used as deterants, but were actually never used... who knows the USSR could of invaded the U.S. or vice versa, if one didn't have nukes)

You have to agree that it would be a deterant... no??

You have to account for this some how... we know that orbital strikes aren't possible... but this technically is (unless Silent_eric's thing is already true... but I don't know that) The physics are probably VERY weird, but to be honest I don't know physics much... so I wouldn't really be able to tell whether the physics prevents it??... Someone enlighten me!

I didn't think this would be such a hot-button issue Shocked ... Did I accidently touch a nerve... if so I didn't mean to... And NO I am not a moron... WMD's are a very real possibiity when humans are concerned.

Next topic of discussion: WMD's: Biological Warfare. Laughing Any comments?

P.S... o new comment... or you could just do that... but that would be Karbo's decision to elimate that possibility huh?... but then as stated you have the issue of other WMDs.... ahhhh debate
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:18 pm

For the record, I highly doubt that biological weapons would be a viable solution. The natural healing property of Felarya seems to prevent all illnesses except the ones caused by venoms, poisons, parasites and curses.

...and honestly, Biological weapons are an even bigger risk. What happens if you turn one loose in Felarya? its most likely going to get caught up in a vanishing land and taken to another world where it'll kill lots of innocents. Chemical weapons, which might actually work, are terribly unpredicatble without advanced weather predicting capabilites...which you wont have without satilites. MWDs are not a be all, end all solution...they're messy, nearly impossible to control half the time and comepltely excessive.

Last edited by rcs619 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:21 pm

Then we will turn those venoms and poisons into biological weapons Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 pm

vegasmazza3 wrote:
Then we will turn those venoms and poisons into biological weapons Evil laugh

a BIOLOGICAL weapon is something that is alive, EX: Bacteria and Viruses, hence the BIOLOGICAL in the name.

You could potentially make chemical weapons, such as the various poison gasses...but like I added to the above post, chemical weapons are notoriously unpredicatble and with a sudden change in the wind, can come back to hit their users. You wont have advanced weather satillites to help you either.
Back to top Go down
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:33 pm

LOL true... true... you're right chemical weapon..... they're no viruses or bacteria? ... how could there be nothing microscopic that causes sickness?

Couldn't you introduce something that made you so sick, so fast, and that killed you quickly enough... that healing of Felarya wouldn't be able "to keep up" (because natural Felaryans still die of critical injuries despite the fact of the healing right??... like injuries you could survive with, say in a hospital, but that were very serious)... Yah that would kill everything though... so that would cause mass-extinction... I don't think anyone wants that... maybe something that isn't contagious? Like if you eat me then you'll get very, very sick...

What about my last comment (the one before the mini one)... didn't say anything about that Shocked Or maybe you just want to end it huh?
Back to top Go down
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:17 pm

OKAY... Please read this in its entirety (not matter how painful)

Since it is assumed that this thread will be closed... I'm going to make one last general point...

NO ONE can deny the fact that humans probably have WMD's... weapons that are very destructive in a localized area... etc... etc...

As far as I know, There is NOTHING that says that these don't exist or that they don't work

For humanity to have inter-dimensional portals... it makes most sense that they'd have weapons of this type...

and to be absolutely honest... you can't just write this off... it is an extremely valid point... something that possibly hasn't been accounted for... if you don't want it... at least be like Silent_Eric and come up with some kind of reason it wouldn't work... etc, etc... but you can't just simply write it off, ignore it. Technically, in Felarya it seems that anything is possible... and yes it appears no one has mentioned anything like this. I don't know of anything that explicitly prevents this... so yes apparently that means it is a possibility.

I don't know what else to say... but I don't like it when people completely try to write something off as impossible/non-existent, won't work... when the guy who created it hasn't said that this isn't so... and that it only makes common sense

I don't care about the idea.. hell, I wouldn't care if it somehow is impossible... it is just an idea... a possibility... like the possibility of a city being blown up by a nuke right now or an earthquake or getting sick. It's something that you can't exactly predict. I welcome constructive criticism, other opinions, etc... and that is why many (if not all) of my responses have been lengthy to account for them. If you have a problem with this idea... please solve it, don't just ignore it or put it off because I guarantee that someone else will pose an idea like this... if ideas are like this are so much of a concern to the greater community here, then have something fundamentally altered, because until you do, it still is a viable idea... and it seems like others have asked about stuff like this before, and it has been written off... I am challenging you all that if this bothers you so much then ask Karbo to change some things... to be honest I don't really care about the outcome...

Yes, I am new, but that doesn't mean that I'm a complete idiot! I like this place, so regardless of the outcome I still will be here... I don't want to make enemies or anything, and no one can deny that Felarya is still a big work in progress

Phew... that was my long heartfelt, somewhat vent post... PLEASE don't take offense to it... it's my opinion and my POV of what's going on... Please respect it.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 pm

Er... I don't think it's a bad idea... I just think it's sort of random and out of place. Yes, technically someone could carry a nuke around. And they could blow up a good part of Felarya. Nothing really accomplished. And I think if it's that powerful, the guardians will come and toss the nuke into space, probably along with the guy who thought it was a bright idea bringing it.

As for your technology argument - portals don't mean nukes. While humans from Earth have gone to Felarya, Earth hasn't tried to seriously colonize it. You assume all other human civilizations have a knowledge, want or need of atomic power. They come from totally different worlds and may have developed in a way that didn't involve nuclear bombs.

Yeah, technically anything could happen. This is just... a really random scenario. Anyway, almost all predators would just call your bluff and eat you. They don't know/care what a nuke is. They've seen every trick people use to not become food. You'd be in a stomach before you could even start arming it.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:08 am

Wouldn't it make most sense for humans (the ones with advanced technology) to have at least gone through atomic... nuclear... w/e... era... You're right in the fact that they may have not made nuclear weapons or power or utilized it... but probably all advanced humans KNOW about it and the possibility. They probably also could construct one if they so inclined... I assume that most human civilizations would have to go through it because it is the basis of chemistry...

I don't know much about guardians... but unless they can see the future.. or see all (kind of like god) I doubt they'd realize before it happened... (but the guardians may be like gods, so I don't know)

O and suitcase nukes aren't really that big... I said 1KT-5KT.... the first atomic bomb dropped was 15KT (on one Japanese city)... and the largest bomb was 50MT = 50,000KT (ie the obliterate a very large chunk of anywhere bomb)
There's detonation with the push of a button possibility... yah I know many of them to arm, it's complicated.

Is it really that random... let's say not a nuke, but a device that can explode a lot.. maybe not as much as a nuke... carrying around an explosive after all other options are exhausted... using a miniature version as an example?? I don't know... it's really not about nukes anymore... more about you think humans might be carrying around things with big explosive power if they knew ahead of time they would be in a situation where they may be eaten and have no real way out??? People will do crazy things in an act of desperation Shocked ... many times trying to kill themselves before being eaten...

P.S. Interesting lettering in the name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:34 am

Actual, Biological Warfare could work. It includes not only virus' and bacteria, but utilizing poisons and the products made from animals / plants.

The "C" in NBC however is your best bet. Nuclear is a blunt instrument - you use it to do things such as seal / destroy a cave full of Slug Girls, razing a hostile town, etc. Being blunt has the side effect of drawing lots of Guardian attention.

For Biological, there are areas of Felarya that allow diseases and the like, where the magical touch is weaker. These places standard Biological Warfare should work wonders. Furthermore, we know magical diseases such as Vampirism still work in Felarya, so a mage could always create some sort of spell-plague to unleash against Felarya. Of course, that in itself has one big problem: You're putting a disease fueled by magic in a realm saturated by it. Best have "Cure Disease" potions / scrolls / spells ready for yourself.

Lastly, the chemical. Unfortunately, that's going to require some strong poisons. Fortunately, Felarya's both full of them (ones that a scratch can deliver enough to kill a human), and you can always craft your own. In standard Felarya, considering how much poison it'd take to poison something such a pack of Nagas, your best bet would probably be not to go for the kill but to make them either: A) Violently ill so you may pass without worry, or B) Violently ill so you can properly exterminate them.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 am

vegasmazza3 wrote:
LOL true... true... you're right chemical weapon..... they're no viruses or bacteria? ... how could there be nothing microscopic that causes sickness?

Couldn't you introduce something that made you so sick, so fast, and that killed you quickly enough... that healing of Felarya wouldn't be able "to keep up" (because natural Felaryans still die of critical injuries despite the fact of the healing right??... like injuries you could survive with, say in a hospital, but that were very serious)... Yah that would kill everything though... so that would cause mass-extinction... I don't think anyone wants that... maybe something that isn't contagious? Like if you eat me then you'll get very, very sick...

What about my last comment (the one before the mini one)... didn't say anything about that Shocked Or maybe you just want to end it huh?

You can't get sick on Felarya. Period. You also operate under the assumption that intelligent predators do not actively try to disarm their prey before eating them. You can be poisoned, but there would have to be a lot of poison to kill something that's the size of two whales.

Also, you can survive normally fatal wounds on Felarya. Like being gutted and half digested.

EDIT:
Mala, you can't be turned into a vampire in Felarya, that's necromancy.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 am

Well according to old scriptures, an advanced army tried to nuke Felarya once...

Actually they DID nuke it and they devastated the world... in a certain reality.
but somehow this is not the reality that was retained and not the same as today. In the current reality, a malfunction occured at the last second and the nuke didn't got fired somehow... and those who ordered the nuking suddenly discovered they never had parents to be born from in the first place Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:55 am

L'Ryn wrote:
You can't get sick on Felarya. Period.
Parasites. Of course, those sickness' are usually caused by nutrient depravation that's standard with a parasite.

Quote :
You also operate under the assumption that intelligent predators do not actively try to disarm their prey before eating them.
While it would be stupid for them not to, you have to give it to Vegas that most predators don't do so in stories or artwork. They actually just laugh at the attempts to harm them / scold the prey for being mean, then eat 'em up. Most of the "disarming" caused by Predators is likely unintentional anyways, with the Prey dropping any weighted equipment that could slow down their fleeing.

Quote :
You can be poisoned, but there would have to be a lot of poison to kill something that's the size of two whales.
Theoretically, it should happen more often. There are plants that launch spines in bursts, where a single scratch from a single spine is enough to instantly kill up to medium-sized critters (which on Felarya, I take as being things roughly bear-sized or smaller). Being hit by a dozen spines that can make a human croak instantly should be enough to make even a Crisis-sized Naga at least ill for a few days. Furthermore, haven't there been confirmed Predator deaths to Kensha Beast attacks due to their poison?

Quote :
Also, you can survive normally fatal wounds on Felarya. Like being gutted and half digested.
Not at the same time, of course. That would be silly.

Quote :
EDIT:
Right, but Vampirism is not cured. Nor is lycanthropy, and to my knowledge this disease may actually work. Of course, this might also apply because both are also counted as "Curses". So obviously there are some "holes" in the system.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:20 am

L'Ryn wrote:

EDIT:

I will quote the manga JoJo's bizarre adventure where you can be turned into a vampire due to a mysterious mask which was created to enhance the normal abilities of the body. The vampirism was a side effect due to the enhancement of the natural abilities of the body, high regeneration, superhuman strenght, eternal youth, immortality you can survive to decapitation until your head is not exploded drawback due to the high consumption of energy of your body you can be fed only with human life by sucking their blood, you are vulnerable to the daylight, ultraviolet. A vampire like that can be killed if their head are crushed or exploded or damaged and daylight, ultraviolet.

They are not undead contrary to the classical vampire but enhanced creature. They can have children but they don't inherit of the capacity of their fathers but it's possible for the mother. Due to the high regenerative ability of their blood they can heal people or revive dead creature and turned it another vampire like them. It's true they can turn their victims on undead but on Felarya this ability will be countered.

I precise they are not vampire ala Alucard or the classical ones created by necromancy. They are not undead but can be considered as enhanced humanoids suffering from an important need of blood with a strong vulnerability to the daylight.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 am

[quote=\"gwadahunter2222\"][quote=\"L\'Ryn\"]
EDIT:
Mala, you can\'t be turned into a vampire in Felarya, that\'s necromancy.[/quote]

I will quote the manga JoJo\'s bizarre adventure where you can be turned into a vampire due to a mysterious mask which was created to enhance the normal abilities of the body. The vampirism was a side effect due to the enhancement of the natural abilities of the body, high regeneration, superhuman strenght, eternal youth, immortality you can survive to decapitation until your head is not exploded drawback due to the high consumption of energy of your body you can be fed only with human life by sucking their blood, you are vulnerable to the daylight, ultraviolet. A vampire like that can be killed if their head are crushed or exploded or damaged and daylight, ultraviolet.

They are not undead contrary to the classical vampire but enhanced creature. They can have children but they don\'t inherit of the capacity of their fathers but it\'s possible for the mother. Due to the high regenerative ability of their blood they can heal people or revive dead creature and turned it another vampire like them. It\'s true they can turn their victims on undead but on Felarya this ability will be countered.

I precise they are not vampire ala Alucard or the classical ones created by necromancy. They are not undead but can be considered as enhanced humanoids suffering from an important need of blood with a strong vulnerability to the daylight.[/quote]

Gwada, this is not JoJo's, this is Felarya, lol. XD

Last edited by L'Ryn on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 am

I know of at least one source where Vampires are a proper race, neither undead nor enhanced people. Bood-sucking optional and no sunlight weakness.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Suitcase nuke... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suitcase nuke...   Suitcase nuke... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suitcase nuke...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next