Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)

Go down 
+16
CauldronBorn24
Jætte_Troll
Byakugan01
Stabs
/Fish/
nksrocks
racemaster7
Archmage_Bael
JohnDoe
rcs619
Anime-Junkie
FalconJudge
Karbo
Malahite
Silent_eric
Asuroth
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Asuroth
Marauder of the deep jungle
Asuroth

Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Empty
PostSubject: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:54 am

The topic is the title- just a thread for what kind of interesting and useful things some merchants in Negav might sell to the random adventurer or what have you. Range anywhere from psycho things that could cost someone a fortune...down to butterfly nets that are 'gauranteed' to work on fairies, hey someone is gonna buy it. That aside here's my first idea:

Isolon fragment

A small purple gem usually placed into jewelry, such as a pendant or ring, that has earned its name based on properties similar to that of the Isolon Eye. These wares are very hard to come by in Negav- finding materials to create the base stone and further empower it through sorcery known most only among the Psi-Isol means they don't create many to keep them popular. The little stones actually don't repel large predators themselves due to being weaker versions of the Eye, but instead can weaken their keen senses allowing the wearer a far greater chance at avoiding them. The gem also gives a small reaction when it is in effect- serving as a sign that it is actually working and that you in fact do have a giant predator nearby (that means it's time to get out of there or hide!). The magi were also clever in making the stones have limited power... overtax one and inevitably it will need to be recharged, for a price.

The stone does have its faults to the more experienced; clever predators who somehow learn of it can recognize the effects of their dimmed senses and slight unnerving feeling to know there is someone nearby with one. Nevertheless the Psi-Isol don't seem to mind crafting and keeping these stones in circulation throughout the markets. Some suspect the magiocrats are trying to keep a hand in control of the market as well by selling these, but that's only a rumor.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 am

This is a nice thread, with some potential I think.

But as for Isolon fragments. I really don't like the idea of it actually being a fragment of the Isolon Eye, or made the same. I believe the Eye should be wholly unique. And the effects of your fragment idea seems different enough from the actual Eye's power that it can be something entirely new and unique, instead of using the Isolon Eye as a base for the idea. Can you see where I'm coming from here?
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Asuroth
Asuroth

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Hmm ya I can see where you're coming from- it doesn't have a lot in common as it doesn't ward them off but just sorta messes with the predators some instead. In hindsight I also realize how big of a mistake this could be on their part to make things similar to the Eye- someone might buy one just to examine it and make their own Isolon Eye kind of thing and that kind of undermines the control the Psi'Isol have on Negav. I agree that this probably ccould work better as something else entirely- I'll tinker with it some.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Camouflaged Tents: Great shelters - not quite all of which being tents - useful for making those long-distance trips. These are abodes are (usually) non-magical, but this does not make them worthless: Even a sharp eye'd predator can be fooled with the proper designs and colorations. While less effective against beings such as Fairies and Predator-Sense Nagas, this item - when used in its proper environment (no arctic tents in the middle of a jungle!) - works wonders in hiding from high passing or quick-scanning Harpies. Furthermore, magical enchantments may be added to better increase the buyer's chance of returning to Negav some day. Unfortunately (for the buyer, at least), those tents that can carry enough 'oomph' to reliably trick a Predator-Sense are usually extremely expensive and made of hard-to-repair materials.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm

This thread is a nice idea Razz
It was about time that campers in Felarya use less visible tents, that was asking for troubles XD

I agree with Silent Eric that the Isolon Eyes should remain rather unique though ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Bet you could find all kinds of exotic pets for sale...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Predator repellents. They do exist (salt is one, slug girls hate it). The market for such things would be huge.

Repellents fall into (at least) 2 categories,
Passive; things you plant to distract preds or rub on yourself to be less appetizing,
Offensive; Potions and the like that must be used in the presence of a pred (Alondra bubble in a bottle anyone? Very Happy).
Some thing can be both. Like a 'salt bomb' that can either be thrown at a slug girl or used on oneself.

An idea for a passive repellent (not really a repellent, but it helps).
Carinra Camo Potion
Carinra leaves change skin pigmentation to a random colour. Magicians are currently working on a spell to control this effect so it can be used in a camouflage potion. The idea is simple, hide and drink the potion and your skin will change colour to match your surroundings. It's less effective when used to hide from predator sense preds, but used in conjunction with other things should improve your chances.
::edit:: Added to the wiki!? Thanks! Very Happy

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 pm

I've been linked to! Yay! I instantly love your idea!
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 am

The anti-digestion Talisman: This wonder of science and magic is garanteed to protect you from all digestive fluids, juices, enzymes and...stuff. Come one come all and buy one of these little wonders. If that hasn't swayed you, remember that the makers of the anti-digestion talisman offer a full refund should the product not work as advertised.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:29 am

Ohh I love the Carinra Camo potion, it really makes sense Razz

And I laughed at this last part in the anti-d talisman XD
Back to top Go down
Asuroth
Asuroth

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:43 am

Couple o quickies while I find a little time and randomly thought of it:

K.O. Gas Cans: The aptly named K.O. cans do exactly what is writin on the lid- the potent gas released from these canisters can knock out just about anything if they inahle a large enough dose of the things. Unfortunately due to large predators needing to breathe greater quantites of the gas it is highly recommended to take the package deal and grab a gas mask as well, or just hope you are a lighter sleeper than the predator you just knocked out along with yourself.

Trained Jaykay bird: Some ambitious merchants have found a new use for the native birds to the Chidokai forest other than their beaks! These trained one of a kind birds are advertised to be able to help parties avoid the dangers of the jungle by giving their masters a warning that danger may be nearby. Unfortunately the warning is quite the opposite of what one would hope for- the stupid birds will only shut up if there is danger around...otherwise they are quite happy chattering nonstop which is great if you want a one-sided conversation, however for most they just grow to be a nuissance much like their wild cousins. There aren't that many around, most merchants say the birds' beaks are a lot less hassle to get and sell than trying to 'train' one of the blasted birds.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:18 am

Karbo wrote:
Ohh I love the Carinra Camo potion, it really makes sense Razz
Thanks Very Happy

rcs619 wrote:
The anti-digestion Talisman: This wonder of science and magic is garanteed to protect you from all digestive fluids, juices, enzymes and...stuff. Come one come all and buy one of these little wonders. If that hasn't swayed you, remember that the makers of the anti-digestion talisman offer a full refund should the product not work as advertised.
They could claim that "Not one of our customers has come back dissatisfied by our product!" Laughing

Here's another idea
Sogram Sugar
Sold as a cooking ingredient and also as a "bargaining chip" for use with predators (If you don't eat me, I'll give you this packet of Sogram sugar!). Of course, this wouldn't always work, as some predators would just take the sugar and eat them anyway. However, I'm sure some would lace the sugar with a powerful sleeping potion for such occurrences. Maybe even powdered Cogamosia.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed the wording a bit)
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:40 am

Sarah's Savory Seasonings
Frequency: Common
A quite comprehensive collection of assorted spices, herbs, and - of course - seasonings in general. Though not of the utmost quality, the sheer variety and affordability make the collections great for budding chefs, travelers looking to flare up a long journey, and those just looking to expand their taste.

Boots of Water Walking
Frequency: Uncommon
With the proper set of enchantments, one can get almost any desired effect upon articles of clothing or pieces of armor. These articles of clothing have been enchanted specifically to allow the bearer to run across the surface of water (fresh and saltwater, though other liquids require further enchantment). Though limited in their use outside the rainy seasons, there are two notable benefits to such equipment. First, it allows people who would normally sink like a rock to survive a fall overboard. Second, those who can run faster than their non-equipped comrades can swim may be able to escape incoming predators much easier - survival of the fastest.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:30 am

Guide Orb
Brought to you by the makers of the Carinra Camo potion (I need to think of a name for them).
The guide orb's purpose, as it's name suggests, is to guide travelers through the semi-wilderness of Felarya. The orb itself is about 25cm in diameter, and has rotating sections covered in runes. Each rune configuration corresponds to a different destination. Most orbs are rented, but they will be sold to experienced customers who have the knowledge required to use it. The Orb guides by send out a beam of magelight, usually about 10 meters long. The beam itself is repelled by the magical field of living things, (like the huge trees of the felaryan jungle). This allows orbs to guide travelers through the wilderness with great accuracy. The orb deduces it's location through triangulation from the locations of magical artifacts, like The Isolon Eye and The Ur-Sagol Dimensional Gate.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:28 pm

That's interesting ! It could pretty much be a replacement for compass ( that don't work in Felarya ) Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Of course, since the guide orb runs on MAGIC. And projects MAGIC. And Predator Sense works by detecting MAGIC. Might be a bit of a drawback. ^^

Warning, don't leave the Guide Orb on. Doing so will run down the battery. And get you eaten.

MAGIC!
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
Of course, since the guide orb runs on MAGIC. And projects MAGIC. And Predator Sense works by detecting MAGIC. Might be a bit of a drawback. ^^

Warning, don't leave the Guide Orb on. Doing so will run down the battery. And get you eaten.
This is a flaw, assuming that predators can sense the type of magic used.
Assuming that they can (which I don't think is likely, but I wait for Karbo's verdict) a buyer has the following choice:
Don't use it, get lost and eaten. Use it, don't get lost, possibly have some warning of nearby predators and have time to defend yourself/run away. I wonder which one to choose... Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 pm

I think you are misinterpreting my meaning here.

The Wiki wrote:
Some type of predators in Felarya such as nagas, fairies or deerataurs are able to sense the large magic field that covers the world.

Nearly every lifeform in Felarya possess some kind of magical signature, since the healing magic of the soil is constantly radiating through them. The strength of this signature is greater the larger, or more magical the creature is, and weaker the smaller or less magical the creature is. At close range, it allows predators gifted with this sense to detect preys without even seeing, hearing or smelling them !

However, since most things in Felarya have a magical signature, the sense can't be used to pinpoint the exact location of a small creature, like a human, on long distances (unless they were extremely magical and doing nothing to conceal themselves). basically the farthest the target is, the less accurate the sense become.

The range of this sense varies a lot from one specimen to another though. Some nagas are completely unable to use it, while some, like Crisis, have sharpened it into a deadly weapon.

Mages need to be particulary cautious in the jungles of Felarya, as their magic signature is naturally very high.

This would imply that the use of a magical item, especially ones that exude magic like the 'beam of magelight' would attract some types of preds attention.

I'm not saying don't use it at all, I'm saying turn it on, check where to go, move for a while, and then orientate yourself. You'd be safer that way than trying to follow it by keeping it on the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Guide orb added to the wiki!? cheers
Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:40 am

Silent_eric wrote:

This would imply that the use of a magical item, especially ones that exude magic like the 'beam of magelight' would attract some types of preds attention.

I'm not saying don't use it at all, I'm saying turn it on, check where to go, move for a while, and then orientate yourself. You'd be safer that way than trying to follow it by keeping it on the whole time.
ah, I understand what you're saying now.
Although magelight would have a very weak magical signature, being one of the easiest and lowest power spells. Preds wouldn't be able to sense it over long distances, it would get lost in Felarya's high magical background.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 am

A Tourist's Guide to Surviving Felarya

Every page simply has "Leave" written on it.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:02 am

Finally thought of a name for that group of mages who created the Guide Orb and Canrina Camo Potion. (PLEASE, if you have a better name, just suggest it. This one is all I could come up with.)

Useful Survival Tools Inc

Brings you...

Web Mist Bottle
“A Bottle a Day Keeps The Fairies Away”

A web mist bottle is a breakable bottle full of web mist, as you might expect.
But what is web mist? Web Mist is a thick mist that composed of airborne strands of an extremely sticky web. The Company designed it as a defence against fairies. The bottle, when thrown, bursts, sending out a cloud of web mist that envelopes the fairy, slowing it movements if giant sized or grounding it if human or tiny sized. If a fairy shrinks to avoid the mist, the air displacement will draw the mist onto the fairy. If it attempts to become giant-sized, it will just be growing into the mist.
The mist itself does not remain airborne for more than 5-10 minutes, as the strands tangle and clump becoming to heavy to stay in the air.
The mist can be a double-edged sword however; it is inadvisable to throw it too close to oneself. The bottle is designed to direct the mist at the target, but it cannot guarantee that the user will not become entangled a ranges less than 5 metres.
Also available as a Grenade launcher compatible shell (Grenade Launcher not included)

Guide Pendant
“The Guide Orb’s little brother, with added features.”

The Guide Pendant works on a similar principle to the Guide Orb (see for details), except that instead of projecting a highly noticeable beam of mage-light, it instead displays the path on the user’s vision as a orange line on the ground. Known predator hunting grounds will also appear.
Guide Pendant also available as a helmet, circlet or monocle.

Warning Ring

Glows in the presence of large creatures such as Noghdongs, Giant Nagas etc and large magical disharges. Pretty Much self explanatory in use.
Can be deactivated by twisting the inset gem
Also available as an armband or bracelet.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:19 am

Nice ideas here ^_^
I imagine well there could be a company selling this sort of stuf Laughing

maybe with some secret deals with preds. "satisfied or your money back" like Gunther says XD
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:20 pm

Karbo wrote:
Nice ideas here ^_^
I imagine well there could be a company selling this sort of stuf Laughing

maybe with some secret deals with preds. "satisfied or your money back" like Gunther says XD
Thank you.

In other news, a rouge employee of Useful Survival Tools Inc. was not discovered building a device that would allow predators to know the locations of everyone using a guide orb or guide pendant variants. He was not planning to sell it to predators for a ridiculous price. This non-existent device was not found and destroyed, because it did not exist.
The employee was fired for defamation and had his memory scrubbed of all of Useful Survival Tools Inc's secret projects.

Through careful experimentation that had nothing to do with the above article, a flaw has been found in the Guide Orb and Guide pendant variants tracking spells. Please bring in your Guide device for a free spell-patch.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 am

hehe XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)   Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Items for sale! (What Negav merchants might sell)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next