Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of

Go down 
+25
AisuKaiko
Malahite
Byakugan01
Jætte_Troll
scifidork
EliteCreature
Raveolution
observer88
L'Ryn
timing2
rcs619
melancholy-melody13
Wildthing
French snack
Archmage_Bael
JohnDoe
Feadraug
Pendragon
FalconJudge
Karbo
GREGOLE
itsmeyouidiot
DeviantDiscordian
Anime-Junkie
/Fish/
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 pm

aethernavale wrote:
Ur-Sagol was destroyed long before the time of the manga tomes.
I meant the reason. Last I recall it wasn't even confirmed, it was basically "Ur-Sagol Comes into being -> Ur-Sagol has a great portal -> City Keep Growing -> Poof". It wasn't clear if it was because the inhabitants found something they shouldn't have, if they were getting too powerful, if they were upsetting the "natural order", or so on.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Malahite wrote:
aethernavale wrote:
I meant the reason. Last I recall it wasn't even confirmed, it was basically "Ur-Sagol Comes into being -> Ur-Sagol has a great portal -> City Keep Growing -> Poof". It wasn't clear if it was because the inhabitants found something they shouldn't have, if they were getting too powerful, if they were upsetting the "natural order", or so on.
The mystery is on purpose, obviously. But I haven't read the manga (not by choice), so I can't really say if it ever states Ur-Sagol was extremely expansionist. All I knew is it supposedly got too big, and/or too advanced.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Malahite wrote:
aethernavale wrote:
The mystery is on purpose, obviously. But I haven't read the manga (not by choice), so I can't really say if it ever states Ur-Sagol was extremely expansionist. All I knew is it supposedly got too big, and/or too advanced.

No one really knows why Ur-Sagol was wiped out. Odds are that they were up to something HUGE. Keep in mind, the Guardians only act if something can seriously destabilize Felarya. I mean, they've only gotten together to deal with a group of extra-dimensional beings (The Correctors), an army of Titans, a darkness elemental that tried to plunge the entire world into a nightmare of darkness and gnashing teeth, and a Dridder Queen who rivalled them in power. For one human city to even get their attention...well, they had to be up to something huge. Even being aggressively expansionistic wouldn't likely be enough (although, I think they probably were, given their technologica/magical superiority).

As for the mangas, they don't even mention Ur-Sagol. They take place in "present day" Felarya, where Crisis is 60 years old, Ur-Sagol has been dead for centuries, and Negav arguably the most successful human city in known Felarya (Although, Chiotia City does pretty well for itself over in the Topazial Sea =P)
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Hm. Maybe they were close to figuring out a way to kill the Guardians themselves?

Anyways, I suppose this is getting off-topic.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Something tells me that the Guardians will likely get involved if whatever plan Lady Lesona has gets off the ground...
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Added a fairly obvious example regarding Vivian.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 am

This one should be fairly obvious for anyone who's read any parts of the manga involving Telekine and Voidfingers.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:43 pm

RIIISSE FROM YOUR GRAAAAAAVVVEEE!

Anyway, I was just wondering if I or someone else could do some entry pimping for Felarya.

I think this setting deserves more attention!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5