Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fairy wings.

Go down 
+13
zelda31
Silent_eric
Stabs
Saironthis
EliteCreature
Feadraug
Karbo
/Fish/
JohnDoe
Sillysausage
Anime-Junkie
GREGOLE
Archmage_Bael
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

fairy wings. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:58 am

Eric wins on that one, Just for "The more you know" alone. See, that's why you'd only worry about the fairy wings and not the fairy. Besides causing a bloody mess is sure to attract unwanted attention.
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 am

well I bet fairies will have learned epic dodging maneuvers. I bet whatever form of "fairy school" they have teaches that X3

hide-and-go-seek-tag-in-the-dark with a fairy...oh god...
Back to top Go down
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:12 pm

who says you have to tear the wings off even a small amount of damage on the wings will at least weaken their magic to some degree if not disable which in truth ain't that hard with the right weapon like a gun for example
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Forgive me for saying this but it seems to me that fairy wings would be very vulnerable to fire and acid.

(I'm going to go hide now)
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Zoekin wrote:
Forgive me for saying this but it seems to me that fairy wings would be very vulnerable to fire and acid.

True, but I don't think many people carry flame-throwers around Felarya, so fire mages would probably cover thnat
As for acid... I don't think that it would be that easy to obtain in Felarya (unless you somehow got some from a pred's stomach).
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Zoekin wrote:

True, but I don't think many people carry flame-throwers around Felarya, so fire mages would probably cover thnat
As for acid... I don't think that it would be that easy to obtain in Felarya (unless you somehow got some from a pred's stomach).

You jest Sir.

I'm sure Gunther could provide you with such things and some predators can produce them naturally. And as you say there are magical sources for both fire and acid.

I imagine fairies with butterfly type wings would be more likely to damage them than the dragonfly type though. But I have seen exceptions to this rule.
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:

Any decent alchemist or chemist ought to be able to produce sulfuric acid given a simple laboratory and a few raw ingredients (IE: stuff you should easily be able to find in Negav). Their initial product would be pretty dilute, but simply boiling away the excess water will increase the acid's strength quickly.

See here for more, but especially note that it can be "formed naturally by the oxidation of sulfide minerals, such as iron sulfide", so an alchemist/chemist could easily create it in a laboratory simply by grinding iron sulfide (Fool's gold is an iron sulfide mineral) up into a fine powder and mixing it with water and air, then boiling the resulting liquid to remove the water.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:

Any decent alchemist or chemist ought to be able to produce sulfuric acid given a simple laboratory and a few raw ingredients (IE: stuff you should easily be able to find in Negav). Their initial product would be pretty dilute, but simply boiling away the excess water will increase the acid's strength quickly.

See here for more, but especially note that it can be "formed naturally by the oxidation of sulfide minerals, such as iron sulfide", so an alchemist/chemist could easily create it in a laboratory simply by grinding iron sulfide (Fool's gold is an iron sulfide mineral) up into a fine powder and mixing it with water and air, then boiling the resulting liquid to remove the water.
I should have known!
Been concentrating on physics too much lately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:23 am

Yeah I think ripping a fairy's wings off depends on the size of the fairy which they'd be able to control pretty easy. At a tiny's size for a human they'd be pretty easy to rip off like the wings of a fly or a bee probably. But at human size a human would find it much more difficult to rip off a fairy's wings, not to say that it's impossible. Some body builders might be able to do it or simply have assistance from a weapon such as a sword or a knife. At giant size it would be impossible to rip off a fairy's wings if you're human sized.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:33 pm

not to mention, im betting fairies have spells that make their own wings MUCH more durable during combat.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:59 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
not to mention, im betting fairies have spells that make their own wings MUCH more durable during combat.

I don't think all fairies would be capable of this. Only the ones that are advanced mages and can also keep concentration on something like that WHILE hunting or fighting. All fairies have the size changing magic but that doesn't mean all fairies are super skilled mages, battle mages to be specific.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 pm

true. thats probably something that crimson maidens would be more capable of, hence their fierce warrior nature.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:11 am

Or it could be the human equivalent of Taekwondo classes. I mean, when a fairy REALLY has nothing better to do, it could learn one or two spells for use in self-defense from another fairy... I mean, look at Alvar. Dude can't be distracted by the sexy, so he's become a sword nut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fairy wings.   fairy wings. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fairy wings.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2