Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Portals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Portals Empty
PostSubject: Portals   Portals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:14 pm

to start off - a question: Are the portals totally random or are they somehow"controled(i use this word extremely lightly)" to bring food to the speices of Felarya (lets face it without humans constantly pouring in, alot of the large predators on Felarya would die) if this question is answered as a yes to the later idea then i will put up my topic....if not i will remove my post.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portals   Portals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

As I understand it, portals take you where you want to go -except if their creator has designed them to do otherwise. The dimensional gates in Ur-Sagol and Negav only take you to Felarya if you actually want to go there.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Portals Empty
PostSubject: i know that....   Portals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:35 pm

i know...but im talking about tall the random ones that only open for a few seconds dropping 1-10 people in Felarya....ussually not too far from their doom.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portals   Portals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:39 pm

EliteCreature wrote:
to start off - a question: Are the portals totally random or are they somehow"controled(i use this word extremely lightly)" to bring food to the speices of Felarya (lets face it without humans constantly pouring in, alot of the large predators on Felarya would die) if this question is answered as a yes to the later idea then i will put up my topic....if not i will remove my post.

Portals seem to be mostly random in nature, appearing with greater frequency in places with a greater amount of dimensional instability. The Miragia Forest and Fairy Kingdom are both good examples of this. Naturally occuring dimensional portals commonly bring in both humans and animals from other worlds. The wiki touches on portal-crafting, which is a kind of magic that can be learned and used to construct portals between different worlds.

I will add that humans' importance to Felaryan giant predators is fairly minimal. Felarya is a world bursting with life and its own ecosystem, and so giant beings can usually subsist on plants, animals and other beings that already dwell there. Nagas, squamataurs, merfolk comparable in size to humans, if not more filling, are usually a much more plentiful and reliable food source for a hungry giant being than a misplaced human caravan. You could think of humans as a dietary supplement in that way. A nice treat when you happen across them, but in most cases it's not solely what you eat day to day.

The Felaryan wiki does contain most of what you'd want to know, so I encourage you to fully read it. Here you go: http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Portals Empty
PostSubject: alright....welll   Portals Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 am

well this squashes my idea.... Sad ...well i guess this is it for this thread....please lock it fish...(mods can do that right?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Portals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portals   Portals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portals
Page 1 of 1