Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dracosapiens

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 am

I only searched the wiki and new ideas for a few hours, so if these have been thought up already just say Boris done bad.

NAME: Dracosapiens

BIOLOGY:

Dracosapiens are half human and half dragon. They are generally around 30 feet, but some have been seen to be just a few feet taller than the average human. They have the legs, tail, feet, and wings of a dragon while the rest of it is human. Some have also been noted to have either horns growing from the head or the head is that of a dragons. The dragon bits are completely covered in scales and some spots of scales are located around the human parts. The sales an be any color of the color palette and, unless thoroughly uncared for, have a slight metallic shine to them.

CULTURE/EATING HABITS:

Dracosapiens are omnivorous creatures, though they prefer meat to anything. They prefer not to eat anything human or dragon related, but they will if no other alternative is available. Because of this, they try to live peacefully amongst humans and dragons alike, but are usually disowned by their dragon relatives and scare away humans because of their dragon heritage. If the dragon half wins over the human half, the Dracosapien will live on its own. If not accepted into human establishments they form small tribes and live in or around caves and mountains of sufficient size. When it is mating season, the males fight amongst each other to impress the females. The strongest male gets "first dibs".

This is still a work in progress if not already done by someone else. Tell me what you think of it so far.

Last edited by Boris92 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
spike833
Marauder of the deep jungle
spike833

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Actually, thats an interesting idea.

I don't think there is anything like that for Felarya yet, but I have been very keen on seeing a draconian humanoid race like that.

A character my friend Nickster 5 made is similar, but bigger and her kind has a bit of a tribal mentality.

You can see her doing the thriller in a tribute to Michael Jackson I made on our DA account!

Since dragons come in many sizes, and there are numerous variations of races within a species (for example, faire races like mist fairies and crimson maidens, etc.), there should be variations of draconian people races.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: nice...one problem   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:51 pm

one problem...how can there be an "Alpha Dragon"?...Dragons don't live in packs like wolves....Most stories put dragons as solitary creatures....and i don't think humans have any inborn instinct to have an alpha or be in a pack... (though a click sure can come close)
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Boris92 wrote:
They have the legs, tail, feet, and wings of a dragon while the rest of it is human.
Legs seem like they'd be a bit odd on a human torso. Specifically: Modern dragon legs tend to be short and stocky. There are some exceptions, but for the most part it'd be a very short-legged species. They'd also, unless tauric, have a very odd walking style.
Quote :
This is still a work in progress if not already done by someone else. Tell me what you think of it so far.
Seems like a way to introduce another hybrid species into Felarya, and currently lacks the style / vore edges that would give immediate popularity in the main "camps" (Lore and Vore enthusiasts, respectively). Has potential, but barely.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: hmm   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:14 pm

this may be a vore site but it is also about a world of beauty
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 am

that's why he used the word lore I believe Smile
I think dragon legs can look fine but I agree, if they are short it could make an odd result.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
spike833
spike833

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:13 pm

I was thinking a little more like Drakana in my little tribute to Michael Jackson:

Dracosapiens R_i_p_10

Drakana is the dragon lady standing next to Tekki, the tech-fairy and the Nikano Z-6 (the mecha thing).
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:26 pm

The legs there don't look Draconic, though. In fact, they look - with the exception of the feet - entirely human.

Torso would have to be modified to adjust a dragon's wings. Unless we're looking at magic-effect wings that can lift someone via non-natural means, you'd need quite an impressive wing-span (and, in return, quite an impressive bone structure change). No idea how it would modify the shoulder-structure, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:39 pm

It was kind of a rushed doodle, I do a picture of her later and it'll show her structure much more accurately.

Besides, if you really wanted the "half dragon/half human" look, you gotta blend numerous attributes.

And not all dragons have shart/stubby legs. King Ghidorah, Bagan, Keizer Ghidorah, and Draco from "Dragonheart" all had fairly long legs.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:38 am

To give an idea of what I was thinking a Dracosapien would look like, the following link is close to what I had in mind
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Nothing Here

Last edited by spike833 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:52 am

The girl on the far right in your MJ tribute? The upper body and the tail are pretty close to what I had in mind, but the legs aren't exactly
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Boris92 wrote:
The girl on the far right in your MJ tribute? The upper body and the tail are pretty close to what I had in mind, but the legs aren't exactly

Don't forget, there can be a variety of sub-species with different attributes.
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Sometime soon, I want to do a chart of all kind of potential dracionian races to show all sort of draconian hybrids that might work.

They can also have a number of differnet dragon fusions as well, like a fusion with a Chinese Long.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:42 am

That would be pretty interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dracosapiens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dracosapiens   Dracosapiens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dracosapiens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: