Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need edition help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: Need edition help.   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:46 am

Hi, guys. I was writing, and long story short, I need a little help.

I've got this problem- I'm a quick thinker, and I can write well over 50 kb a day, but most of what I write is self-indulgent filler that reeks of author tract and inside jokes. No So I need someone who can help me take out the uninteresting parts, keep the good things, and tell me what needs to be re-written. Suspect I mean, yesterday, I was having Hansel and team fight some kensha beasts in Chidokai (I know these things wouldn't last long there... long story...), I had to rewrite the scene three times to make his victory AT LEAST believable, if not acceptable, and it STILL doesn't look right...

I'm very docile and adaptable; does anyone feel up to it? I promise it'll be as easy as I can make it.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need edition help.   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 pm

I cant, I have the same problems. I also tend to write so fast I leave holes out of not describing stuff. I'd be willing to edit if not for these problems. there area few good people, shady knight on DA, french snack, Fish could probably help you too XD. I wish I could be of further help, I'm sorry :/
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: well....   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:15 pm

if i wrote something it would probably be too boring. help
Back to top Go down
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need edition help.   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:18 pm

You never know. Try following the rules in the Character thread, looking up something that hasn't been seen (Or seen in a while) in Felarya, and play around with a few ideas. That's what I'm doing right now..
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need edition help.   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:18 pm

timing2 is another really good editor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: i can definatly   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:53 pm

i can definatly edit grammar and tell you if any part of the story gets too wordy...but i doubt you want me writing.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need edition help.   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:36 am

I'd be happy to help. I already proofread & edit for Mdbear84 and ProCaw. Since Mdbear is between stories right now, I've got heaps of spare time (I've got heaps of spare time anyway, so... Yeah :p).
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Stabs
Stabs

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need edition help.   Need edition help. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:59 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
I'd be happy to help. I already proofread & edit for Mdbear84 and ProCaw. Since Mdbear is between stories right now, I've got heaps of spare time (I've got heaps of spare time anyway, so... Yeah :p).

Thanks a lot, Vore-Victim. You can begin by telling me if anything's wrong with the second chapter of Hansel VS Felarya... I'll send you the third and fourth chapters, too. Tell me if anything is too boring, too offensive, derailed, or unnecessary, I don't bite Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need edition help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need edition help.   Need edition help. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need edition help.
Page 1 of 1