Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jasmine Bio

Go down 
+3
/Fish/
asaenvolk
melancholy-melody13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Jasmine Bio Img127-1

A speedpaint of Jas XD please forgive the amount of errors in it, its just for an idea of what she looks like

Jasmine aka 'Jas'

Species: Selachi (mershark) Subspecies: Carchari

Length: 140ft

Height: About 50 feet from head to base of tail.

Physical Description:

Jas is a young selachi and the runt of her small pack of just 2-3 others due to their size. She has long, very messy and spiky blue hair with a green tint. One bang sticks up and juts back reminiscent of a fin. Her eyes appear to be very eerie with only large pupils and no iris, while when up close you can tell that her irises are actually narrow and slitted, while the irises are a dark grey, appearing nearly black. Her torso's skin is pale blue and has the same (albeit duller) rough, sandpaper-like quality as her shark half. The only places without this feature are her hands and soft places such as her lips and eyelids. Her shark half is a dark shade of blue, which grows lighter on the underside. Her entire body is riddled with scars, from long jagged lines, to puncture holes, and a mouth-shaped chunk of her tail fin missing. These she acquired from fights with food and scuffles amongst her own kind.

Personality & Hunting Habits:

Jas seems more than a bit crazy. Even for her kind she's completely reckless, overly stubborn, a compulsive liar and extremely voracious.

She often wanders off from her pack, sometimes for days. This is because she gets bored easily and enjoys going up to the surface, which others in her pack tend to see as odd.

Whenever she talks to humans or other humanoids she often exaggerates things, extremely so, usually to make herself seem cooler. She adores both praise and flattery- which works very well for getting on her good side.

Interestingly enough if you're under 30 feet tall, Jas will all but ignore you as a possible food source, pretty much all humanoids included. She simply just doesn't see the point of eating something so small, as it isn't as filling as other larger types of prey. While gulping them down is easy enough, she doesn't like the feeling of something squirming around inside, as it makes her uncomfortable. She'll really only swallow something alive if she has no other choice, as her preferred food is plenty of freshly dead flesh.

Above the size of around 30 feet, you will likely cross over from 'safe' territory into her 'food' category and you best stay well away from her. Instead of seeing them as people, beings of this scale she sees as merely a hefty food supply. While she may still engage in conversation while she's full, you can bet they'll be back on the menu when she's hungry again.

Many humanoids around the coast she hangs out at have come to know her as fairly safe, approaching her without worry. Despite her compulsive nature and habit of lying, she's loyal when it comes to not eating those she's familiar with, regarding them as 'people'.

As such, humanoids that are out of her 'food-sized' category are totally safe from her. She finds them interesting for conversations and will even use them (with their consent or not) to lure other predators close to the water where she can strike. Jas will hide as they approach, then leap onto water with surprising speed and distance to catch and kill them to eat. Even if they do manage to get out of reach at first, if they don't get far away enough Jas will drag herself along the ground with her strong, muscular arms and still catch them.

Another oddity about her is that despite not being quite built for it, she enjoys being on land- a rarity for most sea-dwelling creatures. Luckily having the capacity to breathe out of water, she can visit the surface until drying out becomes a problem. Hoisting herself up, she balances upright on her tail. As it's rounded, this is a rather awkward position and she's prone to losing her balance on it. While dragging herself along the shore can be abrasive to her underside, she has a high threshold for pain and it doesn't bug her in the least.

Backstory:

Jas doesn't have a complicated background. She was born into a small pack with her mother and two older sisters. Since then her mother has left for another part of the ocean, as has one of her sisters. She grew up with their 'protection', so to speak. Her kind are naturally rough with their pups to toughen them up for when they get older, which didn't bother Jasmine at all. It helped her greatly to develop her survival skills and hunting prowess (even if it ended up giving her many of the scars she has now). She knew her mother and sisters still loved her, even if they'd been responsible for some of her injuries (it was her sister that took the bite out of her tail fin). The pack she lives with now consists of two other females originally from other packs, and one of her sisters who's stuck around.

------------

(Edited by /Fish/ with permission)
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Is she biased off any particular kind of shark?
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:21 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
Is she biased off any particular kind of shark?

Yep! Great white. Didn't you read the thing on mersharks?
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:23 pm

... not yet.... they weren't in the wiki 2 days ago. Also there are vast areas of the forums I am not caught up on yet. Am trying to get a little more active in them though.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Jasmine Bio 12577510

Oh, just jawesomeness.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Inetresting how she sees larger beings as food not the smaller ones. A reversal of the norm. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm

she'd have to be careful with that whole "hunting" deal. generally hunting something bigger than you in felarya is suicidal.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
she'd have to be careful with that whole "hunting" deal. generally hunting something bigger than you in felarya is suicidal.

Well she's about the same size if not bigger then your average felaryan predator, so it's unlikely she'd be eaten by them seeing how very few gore. And she's very adapt at defending herself.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Quote :

Not if you're a fucking shark.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:55 pm

true, but she'd still have to watch out in the water. dolphins are anti-sharks. some mermaids have dolphin qualities, like meiramines. still, meiramines are smaller, but you get my point.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Quote :
true, but she'd still have to watch out in the water. dolphins are anti-sharks. some mermaids have dolphin qualities, like meiramines. still, meiramines are smaller, but you get my point.

There isn't a predator species in the world that doesn't have enemies. Felarya included. Human-eaters have just as much to watch out for.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:27 pm

still, first impression got me as somewhat over-powerd.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Thats cause I worded crap wrong in the chat cause 1: multitasking and 2: internet going on and off makes it hard to type consisitantly.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Quote :

Overpowered? Seriously?

I remember when Aurora, Kiki, Rin, Eshka, Vivian, Cypress, Terror, and the like were all considered normal. Predators who can kill other predators on their own.

These days, where Crisis ripoffs flood the land, it's easy to forget that Felarya isn't a day spa for giantesses. But the fact remains, any predator worth its salt is capable of killing other predators.

And so far, Jas has demonstrated no weapons beyond her teeth. I shudder to think of a Felarya where she's considered too suish.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:29 pm

hmmm. what made me think that was the whole "taking down a leviathan mermaid" deal. i mean sure, take down any other normal pred, but leviathan mermaids are surrounded by tons of other mermaids generally, and being over 500 ft has its advantages.

I mean if you described HOW she could then I'd be like "sure go ahead".

and terra i dont blame you for anything.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
hmmm. what made me think that was the whole "taking down a leviathan mermaid" deal. i mean sure, take down any other normal pred, but leviathan mermaids are surrounded by tons of other mermaids generally, and being over 500 ft has its advantages.

I mean if you described HOW she could then I'd be like "sure go ahead".

and terra i dont blame you for anything.

I thought I cleared it up that it'd have to be a pack of large mersharks and a smaller leviathan mermaid. I wasn't taking or talking about the account of there being tons of other mermaids in the area.

Is THAT clear enough yet?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:43 pm

oh. well when i read it i thought it was the other way around. my bad.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:31 am

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

Not if you're a fucking shark.

I'll have to second this.

Anyway, great character Terra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jasmine Bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasmine Bio   Jasmine Bio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jasmine Bio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Character discussion-