Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Curriculum Vitaes

Go down 
+3
ElPortero
Anime-Junkie
Stabs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:55 am

Hey, guys, how about we add people's resumés in the wiki section? By that I mean the stories in which they've appeared, in order of appearance.

Spoiler:

Next time, I'd rather have all the facts... before making my case. So, do you think it could be a good idea to add everyone's resumés?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 pm

A good idea, it would help promote people's stories, as well as the character themselves.

Another addition to this idea is list what their role was in each story; eg: 'Minor,' 'Major' or 'Main Character.'

I'll try to add it to the flash wiki, but I'll need cooperation from pretty much everyone who has written anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
ElPortero
Porter of Hell Gate
ElPortero

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 am

Stabs wrote:
I'm suggesting this... because I really think I'm beginning to understand why do people hate Elle so much. In her original appearance under El Portero, in "Deadly Innocence", she wasn't as bitchy as people say she is now. She was not sadistic (at least by my standards, I'm as sadistic as Steven Seagal) and actually looked pretty agreeable (if generic...) aside from the fact she's impossible about her diet and can't seem to keep away from snacks (not that she has to, I love a woman who's got a good appetite and no complexes. Oooh, Jade, burn!).

Then I read through Ravana3k's stuff, where Elle's telling humans lefty and righto to shut up when she's talking to real people, calling herself a noble creature, deciding people's places without asking them, IN FRONT OF THEM, when they're thinking, at extremely special moments, when the choice was anyone's but hers, after calling herself their friend (narcissistic proxy would be a more appropriate term all things considered), saying preachy pre-vore one-liners like Schwarzenegger at his worst, and doing other stuff that deserves the hate she seems to have received.

I don't mean any offense, but I seriously simultaneously both hope and dread it had El Portero's stamp of approval, because it either seems like plenty of derailment, something I wish I didn't have to think could come from Ravana3k, or she was an horrible self-righteous jerk all along and our fair lady Crisis [with me reading over their shoulders] just met the woman on a good day. In whose case, she's not the person of simple tastes and clear mind I knew and loved but... merely a brutally stubborn, blunt, narrow-minded and unpleasant woman who wouldn't be fit to think with her head even if she wanted to.
Ravana does indeed have my blessing. Yes, his version of Elle *is* very different from the one I've written and, in my head, there is a very particular reason for that. Some day, hopefully, you'll get to see exactly why and how she came to be that way. Not everyone realizes that my version of Elle and his version are from two different points in time. I'm writing (currently) when she first arrives on Felarya. He is writing much later. So, how does the one person turn into the other? *That* is much of what I have in mind for the story, if I ever finish the damned thing.

I'm very glad you've pointed out the big difference between the two. You're actually the first person I've seen definitively state that fact. Internet win points to you, good sir.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elportero.net/
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm still waiting on you to do more with Silvia and Amanda.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
French snack
French snack

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:55 am

I've suggested a few times that wiki articles on characters (but also on places) could have links to stories and pictures featuring them. The problem is that it would mean an extra workload for Karbo, sorting out canon from non-canon (and it might leave some people unhappy). So perhaps it's not such a good idea.

On the other hand, we could use a forum thread for that. The principle would be very simple. Each person would post links to his/her works (stories and/or pictures? or just stories?), listed by character. So anyone looking for stories with Anko, or Jora, or Katrika, could browse through the thread, looking for their names in each post. A handy reference point.

It would look look something like this:

1st post:

Quote :

My stories involving:

Crisis
link 1 (brief description)
link 2 (brief description)
link 3 (brief description)

Anko

Vivian

2nd post (by another writer):

Quote :

My stories involving:

Vivian
link 3 (brief description)
link 4 (brief description)

Malika

Drayla

And so on... Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 am

ElPortero wrote:
I'm writing (currently) when she first arrives on Felarya. He is writing much later. So, how does the one person turn into the other? *That* is much of what I have in mind for the story, if I ever finish the damned thing.

That'll be something to look forward to. Smile

xlrp wrote:

Haven't they been digested? Or did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 am

xlrp wrote:

Haven't they been digested? Or did I miss something?[/quote]

I would recommend You yell at ElPortero about that. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:33 am

French snack wrote:
xlrp wrote:

Haven't they been digested? Or did I miss something?

Hey, don't discriminate! Ghosts are characters too! And they're not "dead", the proper term is "living impaired". Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm

ElPortero wrote:
Ravana does indeed have my blessing. Yes, his version of Elle *is* very different from the one I've written and, in my head, there is a very particular reason for that. Some day, hopefully, you'll get to see exactly why and how she came to be that way. Not everyone realizes that my version of Elle and his version are from two different points in time. I'm writing (currently) when she first arrives on Felarya. He is writing much later. So, how does the one person turn into the other? *That* is much of what I have in mind for the story, if I ever finish the damned thing.

I'm very glad you've pointed out the big difference between the two. You're actually the first person I've seen definitively state that fact. Internet win points to you, good sir.

Thank you. *bows* I pride in paying attention.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:13 am

French snack wrote:
On the other hand, we could use a forum thread for that. The principle would be very simple. Each person would post links to his/her works (stories and/or pictures? or just stories?), listed by character. So anyone looking for stories with Anko, or Jora, or Katrika, could browse through the thread, looking for their names in each post. A handy reference point.

I like this idea. Problem is to see where it'll fit better, because you can have stories, but you can also have pictures of the characters. If it was only stories, you could make a sticky thread like a database of "stories by character" or something on the stories forum. But if we were to include more media... dunno...
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
French snack
French snack

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Feadraug wrote:
French snack wrote:

I like this idea. Problem is to see where it'll fit better, because you can have stories, but you can also have pictures of the characters. If it was only stories, you could make a sticky thread like a database of "stories by character" or something on the stories forum. But if we were to include more media... dunno...

Well, if there are no objections, I'll start it in the stories thread all the same, then.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:59 pm

I've just noticed we had this thread already up. ^^U Guess this happens why I should come here a bit more often. xD (I say this because I don't know if it would interfere with the idea of the "character stories database" thingy)
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Sponsored content

Curriculum Vitaes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitaes   Curriculum Vitaes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curriculum Vitaes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Change suggestions-
Jump to: