Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki or not?

Go down 
+9
Stabs
Anime-Junkie
Boris92
Flare
kaitheguy1234
rcs619
/Fish/
AisuKaiko
codaman
13 posters

Did you make chars to try to get them on the wiki?
Only reason I made them
Wiki or not? Vote_lcap0%Wiki or not? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
That's my main goal
Wiki or not? Vote_lcap5%Wiki or not? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
-somewhere in the middle-
Wiki or not? Vote_lcap23%Wiki or not? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Would like it but not really
Wiki or not? Vote_lcap45%Wiki or not? Vote_rcap
 45% [ 10 ]
I made them for other reasons.
Wiki or not? Vote_lcap27%Wiki or not? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:45 pm

I have recently heard some bicker and other things on peoples Felarya Characters being put on the wiki. Some people (from what I heard) say that if your char doesn't get on the wiki then its a waste of time. and others believe that it doesn't really matter if they make it on.

There are many, many chars that have been made by people that didn't make in on the wiki, in fact only a slim few ever do. so if yours does it would be a great honor and your char would be included as an actual part of Felarya. (I think) but some people could care less.

What do you think? did you make your chars on the goal of getting them on the wiki? or did you have other reasons?

Me, I made mine at first for RPs... but after a bit i have been writing them into little stories that never end up getting out to the public (showed 1 story, no one liked it.... ect... so whatever) and I hope one day I end up getting one of them up, but i know my chars and things i make for Felarya purposes will more than likely not even be considered for the wiki, but really i don't care.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:07 pm

I posted my character here so that everyone could peck at it until it was satisfactory. I'd like my characters to be the best that they can, and I really don't think I could do that on my own... If they make it to the wiki, it'd be an honor, but it's not why I made my characters.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Disregard canon status, make good characters that fit into the setting.

/thread
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:34 pm

The way I see it, making the wiki, while nice, isn't really THAT important.

I know I never made Fiona with the intention of her getting popular. I saw all the other nagas and figured she didn't have much of a chance of standing out. So....I made her how *I* wanted to make her, so that I would like her. That is really what matters, that YOU like what you create. If you like it, others can tell you've put your heart into it and will like it too.

The way I see it, the wiki is there to hold the basic facts about Felarya. The places, the races, the animals, and some of the characters. Getting a character in is a nod to the creator saying "you did a good job". It doesn't mean that your character is bad if they aren't in, not by a long shot. If they aren't in, it just means that you might need to develop them more, or that Karbo hasn't had the chance to get familiar with them yet (there's a LOT of Felarya material for him to keep up with). Just keep working at it ^^

I've said this before, and I stand by it. The personal canon of your stories...the characters, the places, etc, are what is important. If you work on making your personal canon as good as possible, some of it might be included in the "official" canon of Felarya (the wiki).

If you're making things JUST to make the wiki, then I think you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
kaitheguy1234
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
kaitheguy1234

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:53 pm

I gotta say. I made mine just to have fun with it. Kaiten and his friends are too fun to write^^ If they ever got in, I'd be flattered. But it doesn't really matter to me if they're in or not.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:02 pm

What Cliff said. I make characters I want to like.
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:13 pm

rcs619 wrote:
The way I see it, making the wiki, while nice, isn't really THAT important.

I know I never made Fiona with the intention of her getting popular. I saw all the other nagas and figured she didn't have much of a chance of standing out. So....I made her how *I* wanted to make her, so that I would like her. That is really what matters, that YOU like what you create. If you like it, others can tell you've put your heart into it and will like it too.

The way I see it, the wiki is there to hold the basic facts about Felarya. The places, the races, the animals, and some of the characters. Getting a character in is a nod to the creator saying "you did a good job". It doesn't mean that your character is bad if they aren't in, not by a long shot. If they aren't in, it just means that you might need to develop them more, or that Karbo hasn't had the chance to get familiar with them yet (there's a LOT of Felarya material for him to keep up with). Just keep working at it ^^

I've said this before, and I stand by it. The personal canon of your stories...the characters, the places, etc, are what is important. If you work on making your personal canon as good as possible, some of it might be included in the "official" canon of Felarya (the wiki).

If you're making things JUST to make the wiki, then I think you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Yep, thank you very much... Like that response to my question...

Right now I am currently Fixing up just about everything i have made, including (sadly) scratching out my first few characters that have been included in my things (Codda, Cody, Roxane.) And maybe bringing them back later after some good cut and pasting to their stuff.

geek Thanks for including your 2 cents on the matter... heres a piece of gum...
(No, seriously, thanks alot... that was a good response)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:18 pm

You're welcome.

Remember, making a story is nothing but a series of revising past ideas and inserting new ones.

Characters will be revised, phased out, revamped and completely reinvented along the way. Its all just part of the creative process.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:52 pm

I made my character because I wanted to change things up a bit for me and write a little.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:14 pm

I tried to address this by having everyone's character in the flash wiki (as long as they're in a story already). However, I'm having a bit of trouble letting people know about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Stabs
Stabs

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:24 am

Err, well, at first I kind of thought it'd be cool. Now I'm not so hot on that, I'm just making them as conversation topics.

Not that I succeed, but it's still plenty of fun.
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:36 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
I tried to address this by having everyone's character in the flash wiki (as long as they're in a story already). However, I'm having a bit of trouble letting people know about it.

Thats great, and I've seen the flash wiki and totally support it of being an excellent idea, but... sadly none of my chars have made it into an actual story just yet because i don't feel my stories are quite ready to be put up on the forum... and i am guessing I'm not the only one with chars not in a story...
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:07 am

/Fish/ wrote:

/thread

Couldn't agree more in that part.

I don't create characters for "lol they're in the wiki", but because... I need characters for my stories. Of course, it would be a neat thing to see a character of mine in the wiki, but that's not my goal. Just having fun and giving the non-voraphile, non-macrophile point of view. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 12:10 pm

I would be utterly shocked if anything I made was even considered for the wiki... I make characters because I like doing so (alot... I swear I have enough to start a darn wiki on my own universe), and for stories, though I still haven't written any...

My race idea is something that I might like to see canon, but beyond that, it doesn't matter at all to me...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:38 pm

one thing i wonder, is that a lot of the characters on the wiki don't even have a full bio. i think that should be a requirement. If they aren't that developed, then why should they be on there?
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Feadraug wrote:
/Fish/ wrote:

/thread

Couldn't agree more in that part.

I don't create characters for "lol they're in the wiki", but because... I need characters for my stories. Of course, it would be a neat thing to see a character of mine in the wiki, but that's not my goal. Just having fun and giving the non-voraphile, non-macrophile point of view. Razz

"Lol they're in the wiki"...
I don't think anyone makes it to laugh at later... so im guessing that sarcasm or you trying to tease people...
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:08 pm

This is the way I see it. I make my characters for one purpose and one purpose only: use them in stories. While I haven't written lately (due to a case of writer's block) I am trying to complete those stories. And don't get me wrong I'd love it if one of my characters made it to the wiki but I'm not trying to do it in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:23 pm

codaman wrote:
"Lol they're in the wiki"...
I don't think anyone makes it to laugh at later... so im guessing that sarcasm or you trying to tease people...

Sarcasm. Pure sarcasm. I have nothing against people getting their chars on the wiki.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Sponsored content

Wiki or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki or not?   Wiki or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki or not?
Page 1 of 1