Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread

Go down 
+33
Mr. I
Nyaha
Thirteen
DarkOne
tkh1304
eusuna
Komandr2465
parameciumkid
Shadeofheave
EdgedWeapon
Archmage_Bael
Rezec
TheArchvile
walkingbyself
racemaster7
sparkythechu
Mortis
Salvyrn
Ravana3k
Krisexy26
The Rev
dragonjaj
Boris92
Irrelevant
SuperPieGuy9
Ludio
nightgolem
vbk345
/Fish/
kaitheguy1234
Jætte_Troll
FalconJudge
Anime-Junkie
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm

I can probably offer myself to be a sub-editor for anyone who needed the help. I need something to keep up my writing anyways, so editing might help. I'm not as good at making changes in plot or fixing structure in that way, but I can aid in fixing spelling, grammar, and sentence structure.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 am

Salvyrn wrote:
I can probably offer myself to be a sub-editor for anyone who needed the help. I need something to keep up my writing anyways, so editing might help. I'm not as good at making changes in plot or fixing structure in that way, but I can aid in fixing spelling, grammar, and sentence structure.

Hm would you maybe look over some future stories I'm writing? I really need just grammar and spelling help because well, I'm not an native English speaker ^^; . Would be very nice from you and I owe you something
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 am

I like this thread and I shall offer my services. I visit this site 5-6 times a day EVERY day so feel free to pm your work to me. (Yes I have no life.) I'll send it back looking like it had been written by Shakespeare himself. Ok maybe not... but nearly! sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Ravana3k wrote:
Salvyrn wrote:

Hm would you maybe look over some future stories I'm writing? I really need just grammar and spelling help because well, I'm not an native English speaker ^^; . Would be very nice from you and I owe you something

Sure, I could give it a shot! When you need to get it done, just send me a PM so we don't need to clutter this thread or anything. And don't feel obligated to pay me back in any way, I'm also fine with just helping out of good will.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 pm

I could use help when it comes to spelling and getting my point across when I write. My weird thought patterns make it hard for some people to understand what I mean.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
racemaster7
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
racemaster7

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:29 am

Well I've been open to proofreading in the past so I suppose I can put my services up for anyone who reads this thread. Just remember that I will be happy to tell you how and where you had trouble in case you want constructive criticism. I don't want to help someone that doesn't want to get better!

If the stories I've written are any proof you have no need to worry about me becoming confused or disoriented by anything. I can make sense of the most crazy stuff imaginable so don't think that you are beyond help no matter how bad you think you are! Writing is a method of expression, its just sometimes hard to learn how to use the tool.

Call me beep me if you want to reach me, or even PM me with the sitch. You'll probably get a faster response by PMing my DA account but sending a PM here is just as likely to be received.
Back to top Go down
http://racemaster7.deviantart.com/
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello there um can I please get the help of a... dang it not sure of how the heck the order is supposed to go... does it go:

editor -> sub editor -> proof reader

Or does it go the other way around... confused

So can some one please help me with a story I am writing I got first portion of it completed. I just need some help fine tuning it... before I want to officially call it "complete". So thank you for any help.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey guys, I've been working on a story for a week or two now, the prologue is done and the first chapter's draft is nearly complete as well. (Though I may divide it into two chapters, it's starting to run long)
I'd like someone to proofread it for me in the near future, possibly do some sub-editing.
I ran it through a program but everyone knows how reliable those are Rolling Eyes
I'm reasonably sure it's OK, I'm pretty good at double checking myself but it is my first story ever so... just in case.
Be forewarned though, it's going on 8000 words and I'm not done yet, so it's by no means a short one.
Send me a PM if you're interested and have the time!
If not I'll just post it here in pieces, see what everyone thinks and then put up the final version on DA
Thanks!

(P.s. Does anyone have a trick to make absolutely sure none of my character's names have been used before, I just search the forum, Google, dA and my memory but still; I'm just paranoid like that)
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: need sum help!   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Can I use some help with grammar checking? I need Sub-Editor to check my story (5 "word's" pages, lots of text), I'd be more than grateful for it.

("Noisy steppe wind", need some constructive criticism as well)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 pm

I need some help too. I just finished a rather large section of Mara's Adventures, and Sean_Okotami is willing to look it over, but I'm wondering if there was anyone else with more free time?
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 am

I just finished Felaryan Odyssey 2. It's sort of an introductory chapter for my neko, felicity. I've posted it up on google docs, and i'd appreciate it if someone would proofread it (warning: it's 7000 words long).
Back to top Go down
Shadeofheave
Naga food
Shadeofheave

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 am

I'd love to be of assistance, if anybody needs to have a story proofread, feel free to shoot me a PM over at DA. My username's Shadeofheave there as well.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Now studying Business in a government facility. I need proofreading practice. Requests?
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm

I didn't know this thread existed but now I do and would like to submit my candidacy as a proofreader/editor. I am not a writing major and don't have "professional experience", but I can say with no exaggeration that I'm very highly gifted with the English language and am very adept at finding spelling and grammar errors. If any of you want something proofread, and some advice for improving things like paragraph structure, clarity, etc. I would be glad of the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:16 am

Hello I need some help to proof reading and edit a story. I have done all I can to try and clean up most of the glaringly wrong grammar errors and typo's however prolonged exposure to the same thing tends to cloud ones eyes to certain things easily missed. If anyone would like to help me I am easily reached here on forum by PM (or notes on DA) and by MSN but I would prefer PM's here than DA.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Komandr2465
Naga food
Komandr2465

Location : In a T-152 heavy tank that's having mechanical issues near Zelkova's turf.

PostSubject: The 4th   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 am

I would love it if someone read my concept and commented on it. I cant post links yet though so it's on my deviantart page labeled The 4th guards of Felarya New Bio.

Thanks a bunch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Walkingbyself, if you haven't found someone yet I'm willing to help! I can funcion as editor, "sub-editor", and proofreader so you needn't worry about the order! PM me the details if you accept.
Back to top Go down
eusuna
Helpless prey
eusuna

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:51 am

Hey i hope it's alright for me to ask for some help.
the reason is, i need some proofreading, mostly due to me not being the, best with writting skill, Comma's such.
so far i have done my very best writting two bios and six chapters, and spendt hours trying to edit and re-edit again and again.
So i was hoping if possible, that one you nice folks on this forum, would help me with that?

Thank you. for your time.
and have nice day Smile
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi everyone. I would like to seek for a proofreader (with a little of editing if the person has time) for a story and a bio of mine. I would like to get my stuffs readed once before posting ^^
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Dibs!
I can do it! I admit I have a few thingies going on in my life atm, but if you can wait maybe two weeks I should have no trouble. If not, feel free to grab someone else.
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:37 pm

2 weeks is a bit too long to me. I have a story that has been undergone proofreading for 2 weeks by a friend, and then that friend of mine has some trouble in his real life, so I have to cancel that plan >.<

Any more waiting will make me pour cooking oil on myself then do a flame dance on the bridge of the Forgotten Temple. So I guess I should be on my own from now :/

Thank for the offer anyway. Hope you will read it on my DA ^^
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 pm

So para, still up for your offer to help with proof reading? Chapter 4 of 'She Who Dares Wins' is pretty much done (hurray!) It's roughtly 5,800 words
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Sure, I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 9:35 am

Okay I will PM to you then,
Back to top Go down
Thirteen
Helpless prey
Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm looking for an editor who can suggest changes or improvements to the story/plot.
Back to top Go down
http://cellthirteen.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread   Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offers for Proofreading, Editing and Sub-Editing Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next