Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?

Go down 
+6
Karbo
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
rcs619
gwadahunter2222
/Fish/
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Don't the felarya treants look like trees with guy faces? ^^; they have a lot less person features...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:22 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
This would solve the issue of how dryads get a mate.

Eh, by counterpart I was referring to an equivalent, not anything to do with their species. Treants are elementals, mind.

Aesthetically they serve as the solution to no male dryads.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 am

Oh yeah, can we get a ruling for precision about Nemiseses? The way it's worded seems to imply that males may exist elsewhere, just not in Felarya. If that isn't the case, and males simply don't exist among that race can this be confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 am

yes. Nemesises are quite rare in general on Felarya and they appear to be all females. I had something in mind about their dream ability to explain that and the fact the only the females are able to weave the dreams, but I sort of gave up on developping that idea further for now ^^;
A male nemesis coming to Felarya from a portal is something possible though.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 am

Karbo wrote:
yes. Nemesises are quite rare in general on Felarya and they appear to be all females. I had something in mind about their dream ability to explain that and the fact the only the females are able to weave the dreams, but I sort of gave up on developping that idea further for now ^^;
A male nemesis coming to Felarya from a portal is something possible though.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 am

I think all races can have female counterparts. I think it's because Felarya was originally around female pred vore. I don't see why Harpies should all be female. Why can't male harpies be possible? Or dryads with a male body above the trunk? It could happen.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:24 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
I think all races can have female counterparts. I think it's because Felarya was originally around female pred vore. I don't see why Harpies should all be female.

Harpies are justified because learn2mythology

Also they can serve as undeniable proof that males (of a variety of races), in fact, must exist. : P

The points have been made here in this thread concerning male dryads, and I concede that they'd be fine as is. Treants seem to be able to serve such a role.

Felarya's flavor means that more single-gender races may exist without seeming too strange compared to other settings; I created this thread to bring attention to the fact that it can still get out of hand if we don't keep the total in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?   Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can we cut down on single-gender races? Maybe a little?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2