Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Population of Felarya

Go down 
+7
Jætte_Troll
/Fish/
Archmage_Bael
rcs619
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
scifidork
11 posters
AuthorMessage
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

Population of Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:59 pm

What is the population of Felarya?
Back to top Go down
http://scifidork.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:01 pm

That's a very vague question. You mean humans? Nekos, Elves, Giants? All of those?
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:41 pm

All of the above. How many people (of what ever species/race) are there? How many live where? I think what I'm looking for is a census.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:48 pm

scifidork wrote:
All of the above. How many people (of what ever species/race) are there? How many live where? I think what I'm looking for is a census.

I'm not certain that it is possible for us to even roughly figure out how many people there are... we don't even have a scale on any of the maps, so we don't even know how big everything is.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
scifidork wrote:

I'm not certain that it is possible for us to even roughly figure out how many people there are... we don't even have a scale on any of the maps, so we don't even know how big everything is.

Yeah, really the only place we have a population estimate for is Negav City. Karbo has estimated the population at roughly 600,000 - 700,000 or so. Preds would need to be less numerous than humans...but given the fact that we have no idea how huge Felarya really is, there's no way to even begin guesstimating the popultion.

I mean, the main jungle area we know is just one small part of one continent...and we know there's at least one more continent. Its a world that is massive beyond what we are used to.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

if it is to scale, then you have to look at how big negav is drawn, also given that it's a fairly small city in the first place, the current map is probably about the same size as a couple counties in the US. Although that still seems disturbingly small to me. I'd think it'd still take a few weeks of walking without incident to get from one end of the map to the other.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
if it is to scale

But... It's not.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Well, remember, even if the map is "to scale" - it's to predator scale. To a predator it appears to be a fairly small area - as seen in the manga, Crisis can just go visit various friends. But, this is a giant scaled world. So any distance for a prey species is much longer.

And if we're going to do a census... we'd have to keep it stuck to only the central area.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Negav-600,000-700,000 people. How many are Nekos and other non-humans? Also, how many Tinies?
My estimates for:
•Miratan Base: 200,000-300,000 people, all human
•Deluran Base: 10,000-50,000 people, all human
•Akaptor Nomads: 100,000-150,000 people
•Fairy Kingdom: 15,000-20,000 fairies
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 am

scifidork wrote:
how many Tinies?

Prolly enough to outnumber everything else.
Back to top Go down
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:18 am

/Fish/ wrote:
Prolly enough to outnumber everything else.
So...1,000,000-10,000,000?

Also, what about the transit population? the people that Felarya randomly takes from where ever (and often end up as lunch)
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 am

scifidork wrote:
So...1,000,000-10,000,000?

Prolly billions trillions.

Last edited by /Fish/ on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:18 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
But... It's not.

more or less that's one of my points. it's not to scale, therefore size is impossible to determine, therefore population would be as well.

People tend to just agree that felarya will always have the population to sustain itself. It's probably on the same level of asking "how big is it" it's really big, but no one really cares that much. (or so I assume)
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Felaryan population is obviously variable. I mean, you have people getting eaten every day, and people being born... as well as offworlders coming in through portals. However, I'd assume that the death/birth+arrival rate is balanced...

To be honest, in order to get a census, you'd need a stable demographic. Good luck conducting one in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 am

If there aren't numbers for many areas, then how about describing relative poulation? Like
Dridder Forest: Population: High. Predator composition: 90% Dridder, 10% mixed(no nagas). Probability of meeting a Predator: very high
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 am

scifidork wrote:
If there aren't numbers for many areas, then how about describing relative poulation? Like
Dridder Forest: Population: High. Predator composition: 90% Dridder, 10% mixed(no nagas). Probability of meeting a Predator: very high

This does seem more possible than a strict census, but it would have to be updated from time to time as new creatures are created.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:45 pm

I'd say this is the best possible guess of the population for the entire world of Felarya:

Total Population: High WELL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Predator Concentration: 30%
Human/Prey Species Concentration: 70%

And there you have it.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
scifidork wrote:

This does seem more possible than a strict census, but it would have to be updated from time to time as new creatures are created.

Well, only updated as new Predator species were introduced. I don't think something like this is too bad of an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:54 pm

An ecosystem 30% Giant Predators couldn't sustain itself. They'd eat the opposing population in about a week.
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Malahite wrote:
An ecosystem 30% Giant Predators couldn't sustain itself. They'd eat the opposing population in about a week.

My bad Malahite.

Total Population: WELL OVER 9000!!!!!
Predator Concentration: 10%
Human/Prey Species Concentration: 90%
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:54 am

scifidork wrote:
That sounds more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Population of Felarya   Population of Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Population of Felarya
Page 1 of 1