Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Empty
PostSubject: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 pm

-Flora

Wandershroom (I don't get why mushrooms are put in the Plant page on the wiki, but meh)

A strange 2-foot high mushroom that grows in and around the Mycoria Forest and, on rare occasion, in the forests to the north. It resembles a typical agaric with a solid color and spots that vary in color. However, it is their strange behavior as fungi that make them stand out. The fruiting bodies seem to, after maturation, pop from the ground and ramble about on leglike appendages. Once it finds another wandershroom, they release spores and reproduce. They aren't deadly poisonous, but raw consumption will result in dizziness and confusion. They are harvested though, normally knocked down then cut at their stalks when they wander. They are mostly consumed for the effects, but some recipes do call for Wandershroom, mostly more hardy dishes for those willing to take it.

Hallthro

A distant relative of Lamiole, this plant grows in dark, humid places in the forest, and it's leaves are a light lilac with white spots. When chewed, it will soothe a sore throat or tame a cough until the soil of Felarya can work its magic. Predators often collect it, and humans typically make more complex medications out of it. Once chewed, it is customary to spit the leaf from your mouth, since swallowing large amounts may result in unexpected side-effects, normally extreme drowsiness and nausea, which would be very inconvenient in the forest. Of course, the extreme bitter taste is enough for people to spit it out after a while.

-Carnivorous Plant

Glutongue

On first glance, it appears to be a long pink stalk that sticks out of the ground. However, once something of reasonable weight touches it, it will trash about until whatever touched it gets completely stuck on the sticky stem, then it will pull down into an underground pit to digest. It always pulls down once it has a certain weight of stuff stuck to its stalk. It could actually be prey, or it could just be a lot of leaves and dust. If something restricts it from retracting, it will try and knock off the object. Things would need to be fairly big and awkward to restrict the Glutongue, so it's not especially difficult.

-Fauna

Tanswine

Height: 6 feet

Danger: Low

A large, hairy pig with 4 large tusks protruding from its face along with two straight horns that point forward. It typically lives in and around the fairy kingdom. They normally just root around, eating whatever they can get their lips on (so an especially unobservant tiny might get munched if they're in the wrong place at the wrong time) Typically harmless, but if you anger one, prepare for the pain, since they will charge until they damage you. They typically live alone, not relying on herds for protection, so they seem to be especially wary of their surroundings. Their meat is said to be very tender and delicious, and they are often hunted for that purpose.

Tell me what's good, bad, what needs fixing, etc? :3

Last edited by AisuKaiko on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:05 am

Those are definitely great ideas ! Razz
Original and well thought . I especially liked the wandershroom XD
some of them could maybe be further developped I think ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Alright, I added more info to the bios. If any other ideas come to me, I'll add them asap! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 am

great work ! I like those ideas. I'll definitely add some Razz
As always : do you agree with the disclaimer ? ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 am

Yep, I agree fully :3
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:33 pm

I came up with this while I was sick in bed, so... yeah, go to town.

Odorene

Odorene is a big flower that grows in the jungles. It has big blue pedals with pink spots on them. When prey comes near, it emits a mysterious gas into the air. Whoever inhales the gas will instantly get a wiff of their favorite smell. Attracted by the scent, prey who come close to the flower will be sucked up through the center of the flower and swallowed into the stem to be digested. If ever you're wandering through the jungle and you smell a warm moist chocolate cake baking in an oven, don't follow the scent!
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:21 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
(I don't get why mushrooms are put in the Plant page on the wiki, but meh)
Because they usually gow from the ground or things that are about to become part of the ground.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:34 am

Ha ha ha those wandershrooms remind me of fantasia. Yes its a great idea, i wanna write about people new to Felarya going "what the ****!?"
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Hehe, thanks! If it's okay though, I'd like a bit of feedback on the Odorene, maybe ^^;
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:15 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
-Flora

Wandershroom (I don't get why mushrooms are put in the Plant page on the wiki, but meh)

A strange 2-foot high mushroom that grows in and around the Mycoria Forest and, on rare occasion, in the forests to the north. It resembles a typical agaric with a solid color and spots that vary in color. However, it is their strange behavior as fungi that make them stand out. The fruiting bodies seem to, after maturation, pop from the ground and ramble about on leglike appendages. Once it finds another wandershroom, they release spores and reproduce. They aren't deadly poisonous, but raw consumption will result in dizziness and confusion. They are harvested though, normally knocked down then cut at their stalks when they wander. They are mostly consumed for the effects, but some recipes do call for Wandershroom, mostly more hardy dishes for those willing to take it.

You took this out of Super Mario RPG! Gasp! Whatever, they're still cool.

Quote :
Hallthro

A distant relative of Lamiole, this plant grows in dark, humid places in the forest, and it's leaves are a light lilac with white spots. When chewed, it will soothe a sore throat or tame a cough until the soil of Felarya can work its magic. Predators often collect it, and humans typically make more complex medications out of it. Once chewed, it is customary to spit the leaf from your mouth, since swallowing large amounts may result in unexpected side-effects, normally extreme drowsiness and nausea, which would be very inconvenient in the forest. Of course, the extreme bitter taste is enough for people to spit it out after a while.

Medicinal herbs are medicinal. Nice job and I like it.

Quote :
-Carnivorous Plant

Glutongue

On first glance, it appears to be a long pink stalk that sticks out of the ground. However, once something of reasonable weight touches it, it will trash about until whatever touched it gets completely stuck on the sticky stem, then it will pull down into an underground pit to digest. It always pulls down once it has a certain weight of stuff stuck to its stalk. It could actually be prey, or it could just be a lot of leaves and dust. If something restricts it from retracting, it will try and knock off the object. Things would need to be fairly big and awkward to restrict the Glutongue, so it's not especially difficult.

Heh. Funny.

Quote :
-Fauna

Tanswine

Height: 6 feet

Danger: Low

A large, hairy pig with 4 large tusks protruding from its face along with two straight horns that point forward. It typically lives in and around the fairy kingdom. They normally just root around, eating whatever they can get their lips on (so an especially unobservant tiny might get munched if they're in the wrong place at the wrong time) Typically harmless, but if you anger one, prepare for the pain, since they will charge until they damage you. They typically live alone, not relying on herds for protection, so they seem to be especially wary of their surroundings. Their meat is said to be very tender and delicious, and they are often hunted for that purpose.

Another RPG ripoff, this time of Mamoswine from Pokemon. Kidding! It's good.

Quote :
I came up with this while I was sick in bed, so... yeah, go to town.

Odorene

Odorene is a big flower that grows in the jungles. It has big blue pedals with pink spots on them. When prey comes near, it emits a mysterious gas into the air. Whoever inhales the gas will instantly get a wiff of their favorite smell. Attracted by the scent, prey who come close to the flower will be sucked up through the center of the flower and swallowed into the stem to be digested. If ever you're wandering through the jungle and you smell a warm moist chocolate cake baking in an oven, don't follow the scent!

Heh, funny stuff. If I ever smell a fresh chicken in the forest, I'll know I got warped into Felarya and to not follow the scent.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Hehe, thanks, and the Wandershrooms are more inspired by the Evil Ramblin' Mushrooms of Earthbound fame.

I guess I'll be renaming this thread, since I'm making it my official idea thread so I don't flood the place later. >__>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'   Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aisu's Ideas That Make You Go 'Whuuut'
Page 1 of 1