Felarya

Felarya forum
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Escape a Predator's Stomach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1996
Join date : 2008-10-24
Age : 25
Location : Denmark, Europe.

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm

1: use a water spell to keep the acids from entering the stomach and hope she will give in to her hunger before you.
2: use ice magic to freeze the inside of the stomach to kill the pred, then crawl out of the loosened throat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snicer.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 24
Location : The Pit

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
trying to cut through a predators stomach is like trying to cut a waterfall with a sheet of paper.

Unless your weapon is a lightsaber.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4005
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 28
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:47 pm

yeah. well you'd have to make a detailed story/background if you want a jedi in felarya.

jedi: hey crisis, lemme show a really cool trick!
crisis: okay! what is it? ^^
jedi: *uses the force on a boulder and smacks her up side the head, and takes of using master force speed.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
spike833
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:50 pm

I don't think I'd have to worry about that situation, because I'd probably sweat so much (from terror, and awkwardness if its a giantess), that I'd produce so much BO, it would drive the pred away! XD

If otherwise and I do get eaten, I'd just do the one thing that never fails:

Annoy the Pred with my Godzilla Fanboy talk so much, they'd purposefully vomit me out! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 24
Location : The Pit

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 pm

I'd zap a wand of digging, creating a hole through its stomach and reducing it to one hit point.

Nethack FTW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
avatar

Posts : 2433
Join date : 2007-12-11
Location : Old World

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:42 pm

FalconJudge wrote:
And true. Almost all adventurers carry at least a knife and few predators care to strip their prey... therefore, if knives were okay, more adventurers would be able to escape than actually do, which, given that to even consider going here, they would have to be confident in their skills and thus at least sufficiently not stupid, wouldn't make sense.
Actually, a Knife should work fine... for slashing out of the stomach lining. If you don't wind up stabbing yourself. And you can keep your grip on it long enough once your hand starts dissolving.

No, the problem is then somehow finding a way to cut through the rest of their musculature, veins, and so on, make it to skin, hack at it, and climb out, all without succumbing to your acid injuries, remaining coherent, not drowning in Naga Blood, etcetera.

You're more likely to just injure the Naga and force it to rest for a while than you are to escape with a simple knife. Lightsaber can cut through much more much faster, but said weapons are: 1) Rare. 2) Stupidly self-dangerous. What happens if there's a sudden muscle contraction? You lose your grip? You can't see and you turn it on backwards?

You can cut through a Predator's stomach as well, to my knowledge, even Giant Predators (Heck, there should be no reason to assume a regular sized predator couldn't be cut out of by a regular knife, as unlike a Giant Predator they aren't filled with a helluva lot of mass to squirm / hack through). The thing is, that many of the named Predators have enhanced / stronger stomachs, making them resistant somehow. Coincidentally, these are also the Giant Predators that tend not to strip their prey upon eating. It's still a practice for many Giant Preds to strip / disarm their prey - these are often the ones who are at risk to such actions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
avatar

Posts : 2690
Join date : 2007-12-16
Age : 24
Location : The Country of Kangaroos and Criminal Scum

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:59 am

Malahite wrote:
FalconJudge wrote:
And true. Almost all adventurers carry at least a knife and few predators care to strip their prey... therefore, if knives were okay, more adventurers would be able to escape than actually do, which, given that to even consider going here, they would have to be confident in their skills and thus at least sufficiently not stupid, wouldn't make sense.
Actually, a Knife should work fine... for slashing out of the stomach lining. If you don't wind up stabbing yourself. And you can keep your grip on it long enough once your hand starts dissolving.

No, the problem is then somehow finding a way to cut through the rest of their musculature, veins, and so on, make it to skin, hack at it, and climb out, all without succumbing to your acid injuries, remaining coherent, not drowning in Naga Blood, etcetera.

You're more likely to just injure the Naga and force it to rest for a while than you are to escape with a simple knife. Lightsaber can cut through much more much faster, but said weapons are: 1) Rare. 2) Stupidly self-dangerous. What happens if there's a sudden muscle contraction? You lose your grip? You can't see and you turn it on backwards?

You can cut through a Predator's stomach as well, to my knowledge, even Giant Predators (Heck, there should be no reason to assume a regular sized predator couldn't be cut out of by a regular knife, as unlike a Giant Predator they aren't filled with a helluva lot of mass to squirm / hack through). The thing is, that many of the named Predators have enhanced / stronger stomachs, making them resistant somehow. Coincidentally, these are also the Giant Predators that tend not to strip their prey upon eating. It's still a practice for many Giant Preds to strip / disarm their prey - these are often the ones who are at risk to such actions.
How the hell can a pred with fingers a thich as your body strip you? Sure, they can remove any loose clothing and tear off any armour, but anything approaching skin-tight will stump them, unless they rip off your skin too. It's just not possible to get a grip on things like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
avatar

Posts : 2433
Join date : 2007-12-11
Location : Old World

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
How the hell can a pred with fingers a thich as your body strip you?
I 'unno, how can the arm themselves with Giant-sized metal armor & weapons? Or be larger than a freight train but move through the forest quieter than a man-sized being? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2009-04-18
Location : The great land

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 am

my fav is still just a standard bottle of hydrogen-peroxide, it would work on a 80' human right well after all, but I wonder how well tossing a few boxes of baking soda ahead of you would do, probably not not enough, but you would at least have something of a pyredic victory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 661
Join date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:21 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
my fav is still just a standard bottle of hydrogen-peroxide, it would work on a 80' human right well after all, but I wonder how well tossing a few boxes of baking soda ahead of you would do, probably not not enough, but you would at least have something of a pyredic victory.

Tossing baking soda ahead of you (IE: into the stomach) would douse them in acid, thus creating huge volumes of CO2. Unless the pred can't burp, all you've done is replaced any breathable air in the stomach with a cloud of oxygen-less gas, severely limiting the time your can survive in there, which limits how long you have to escape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1819
Join date : 2009-10-15
Age : 27
Location : The Coil, Miragia

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
How the hell can a pred with fingers a thich as your body strip you? Sure, they can remove any loose clothing and tear off any armour, but anything approaching skin-tight will stump them, unless they rip off your skin too. It's just not possible to get a grip on things like that.

Actually it is. A hint? Use your tongue and teeth too.

_________________
Fais que ton rÍve soit plus long que la nuit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   

Back to top Go down
 
Escape a Predator's Stomach
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Similar topics
-
» Silk Escape Map Hankie
» RCAF Escape compass
» Dateline MSNBC: Predator Raw: The Unseen Tapes (1/8)
» Who Were the Canadians of the Great Escape?
» Natascha Kampusch - abductor Wolfgang Priklopil

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: