Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

undescribed wiki entries

Go down 
+15
French snack
Anime-Junkie
gwadahunter2222
Jasconius
ambrose-euanthe
alliance
Jætte_Troll
Asuroth
Oldman40k2003
Shady Knight
Karbo
AisuKaiko
/Fish/
Silent_eric
Archmage_Bael
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 am

Well, I tried a re-write for the Elven Pantheon (in my ideas thread). Maybe this version makes them better.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:48 am

I meant people commenting on it - more especially Karbo, since he's the only one who can authorize our ideas as canon.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:26 am

Well the wiki is closed for the time being. It's on a pause of sort.
I did some work on it recently though, especially on those blank entries.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 am

Yeah, you've done some great work with it. Smile

I'm not sure if I understand the point and purpose of the wiki closing. It's not like it was open to everyone to start with and updates are still being made to it.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:34 am

well, these posts have been sitting around since before the incident... so... XD;;;
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand the point and purpose of the wiki closing. It's not like it was open to everyone to start with and updates are still being made to it.

well it means no new ideas are being accepted for the time being.

Archmage Bael : mhh I think that Lacidriote is nice but maybe a little generic at this stage ? ^^ ; in their appearance and in that ability to eat without digesting. That idea could be more devleopped I think. for example what they are doing with those memories ?
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:14 pm

So all ideas posted since then are ignored?

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this. Anyways, when will it "open" again?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 am

Quote :
Lastly, about the wiki closure. well it will still remains closed for a little while. Not only do I really need this pause personnaly, in order to take the time to rewrite some things here and there,and to be sure the above points are definitely cleared, but I also worry seriously that the wiki has become an obsession and popularity contest for many... This is a very bad thing.
As I see it, when you are contributing to the wiki, you must do it out of enjoyement, and because you are wanting to help... not because the very fact of getting into the wiki is the objective in itself. The wiki is a database for people to find informations about Felarya, it's not a hall of fame...
I'm also worried that for some, Felarya has beome too much of a serious business, leaving little place for fun anymore. So yeah, let's take a little pause on that people, take it slow on the coming days, and reflect and re-evaluate things.

Basically the purpose is to slow down things a bit. It has been a worry for me that the world is growing too fast. And also take the occasion of that pause for everyone to reflect on the fact that the wiki should never be considered an end in itself. I worry that some people are starting to get obsessed by it. Helping and giving ideas should remain a light and, first and foremost, enjoyable thing, not a dead serious business ^^;

I'm not too sure when it will open again exactly but it's only temporary, not more than a few weeks or so.
And ideas are not being ignored. I'm still looking and commenting at them.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:52 am

Quote :
that the wiki should never be considered an end in itself. I worry that some people are starting to get obsessed by it

I think that really only applies to newer members who see the wiki as some kind of prize, or the idiots over on DA who think that all ideas make it into the wiki, and that their idea is terrible if it doesn't. I know I haven't seen anyone among the forum regulars who thinks that way.

Quote :
Helping and giving ideas should remain a light and, first and foremost, enjoyable thing, not a dead serious business ^^;

Honestly, I think part of the problem with the current community is that too many people don't take Felarya serious enough. But then again, I actually care about the world and doing what is good for it. You can enjoy yourself and have fun, while being serious and respectful to the setting.

Either way, it'll be nice to see the wiki opened up again. Its closure was just a knee-jerk reaction to the drama afterall. If nothng else, at least its letting you catch up on some of the back-log.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 pm

I just wanna say that I was going through the wiki and I saw the page for the character Q'Tada'x'silath, and I got curious. This character is mentioned nowhere, has no info on its page aside from the fact that it is an insect, is never mentioned or used or anything. Hell, I don't even know how to pronounce that D:

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Q%27Tada%27x%27silath

I'd love to see at least one thing about this character o:
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:50 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
I just wanna say that I was going through the wiki and I saw the page for the character Q'Tada'x'silath, and I got curious. This character is mentioned nowhere, has no info on its page aside from the fact that it is an insect, is never mentioned or used or anything. Hell, I don't even know how to pronounce that D:

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Q%27Tada%27x%27silath

I'd love to see at least one thing about this character o:

Do not speak Its name, or it will Hear You, and It will Find You, and when It has Found You.... freak out

In truth, the article in question was made in 2008 and has not been modified since, so it was probably an idea that was never further developed. And I would pronounce it "Kuh-Taah-daaah-zee-silll-ath", probably followed by ominous titles, like "The Darkened Tree, the unspoken voice, the no-calorie dessert."
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:44 am

Laughing

well this is a bit like you say, I had plans for her that I have more or less scrapped since then. But I'm still keeping it for potentially something else in the future ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey are we gonna start using this thread again? The wiki's no longer closed right?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am

Okay, I'm bringing this thread back because its important - (also people stopped posting in it just shortly after the wiki was closed after last year's letter incident).

Anyway, on the last page Cliff posted a whole ton of names for characters who's pages don't have entries yet, I haven't checked all of them yet though so some might have entries now. Also Delurah and Balfrezagg don't have entries either, which is kind of frustrating, and there was also that confusion between Balfrezagg being both a kingdom and a planet in Lea's entry.

Also if we go with Sean's "wiki credits" proposal, it'll be easier to see who's helped write what entries :B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

undescribed wiki entries
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next