Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)

Go down 
+4
gwadahunter2222
GREGOLE
Karbo
Siafu789
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Empty
PostSubject: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:16 pm

I haven't found a fictional universe that I am more passionate about than Felarya. I have, and continue to, find much pleasure in contemplating this simultaneously lighthearted and dour setting. Like many here, it is the fascinating and dangerous characters that Karbo has created. I have continuously spoke of my own (future) contribution to this universe.

All that being said, I've decided to leave this community for an unspecified period of time.

On one level, it's a sabbatical: a period of time to renew and refresh myself as a writer. True, I have only written one piece-a very obscure, barely notable prologue that I have condemned to Scraps on DA. My project has hit a year long standstill-I was still caught up in the whole "Wow-I'm-part-of-a-great-artistic-collaborative!" hype. However, this hype has clouded both my reasoning, and my creative ability, and the only way to kill it to do distance myself for a while.

On another, more personal level, it is because I have been neglecting my real life for a long time. When I was living on the farm back at home, I almost had an excuse for spending my life on the internet-a paltry one even still. However, coming to college made me realize how far behind I was from my peers-socially, though in a polite way, I've found myself isolated from the campus community. I'm not looking to become part of some great "We" nor am I trying to be alpha male of this small campus. I just need to get out more, hang out with people, and learn to interact better. I'm not going to do that in my dorm, in front of a LCD monitor.

I'm not abandoning this place-I have too much invested to do that. I promised myself that I would contribute something creatively to Felarya-leave my mark, however small. (No pun intended! Laughing ) A part of me expects to be back in a couple weeks-after that, I would balance my academic and social life, with my writing here. Perhaps only logging in once or twice a week. It's just some time to "find myself" as it were.

Before I part, and say goodbye for now, I'd like to give you an idea of what I want to do.

-The Affairs of Ants is my main project right now. I came with
it shortly after I started to really "get into" things. It sort of came out of the infamous story of Negav during the Micolon era: when I was reading WAMLAN, particularily about Micolon, one "song" by KMFDM, Dogma, seemed totally appropriate. Moreover, this line in particular: "Someone is writing down your mistakes. Someone is documenting your downfall." Same thing when reading about Ur-Sagol. That's when I thought: what if someone, even just one man, were to be this "someone" in a way. Building his dream in Felarya on the failures of the past: in other words, someone who uses the hard lessons learned in order to build a dream: to carve a small, secret niche where humanity could thrive. Of course, the best laid plans of mice and men...

-However, before I get back to my main project, I want to try a more "fun" story after my sabbatical: Dethklok in Felarya. Unless it's being broadcasted internationally, those in other countries should look up the show "Metalocalypse"-it's agreat show. Imagine a heavy metal band, who is as dangerous/stupid as they are talented, coming to Felarya-the most BRUTAL place in all existence-to record a new album. As far as things go, it would be a Metalocalypse/Felarya fusion: both have a strong touch of dark humor. It would be just as random as the show, but a general story guiding the madness-lots of funny, stupid dialogue.

So, I part with you all for now-take care everyone.

*Update-Back from my "sabbatical"-more of a break, really. Starting now, I will only log-on to any internet community on Fridays and weekends. Current Plans:

-Write bios of main characters, then run them through the Mary-Sue Litmus Test, one by one. Due to the fact of wanting to end the development phase as soon as possible, I will consider any character that scores 36+ to be irredeemable and scrapped without the possibility of being retooled or replaced.

-Write new prologue. However, I will not post until I have completed the first story arc-only fair, considering that I have done nothing for nearly a year, and should have something to show for it.*

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 5:11 am

Well have a nice break and see you later Wink
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 5:57 am

Aaah, I know the feeling. I can't STAND it when I find that I've inadvertently spent all day on the computer. >>

Good luck with your renewal. I think it's a good idea if you're planning any major creative projects. Hopefully you'll be fresh for later.
The forum is still young, so I doubt you'll have to miss much in your absence. Here's hoping it all comes together!
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:14 am

have a nice break cheers
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:26 am

Enjoy your away time, buddy. Hope to see you back soon.
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:55 am

Hope you can refresh your mind and writing ability, as you desire. Take your time with what's important to you. Have a successful break ^^.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Have a good time, Siafu. Make some good friends (And stab a few others in the back).
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:40 pm

ahhh i know that feeling well.... *looks at crazed TJB fans looking for more* Have a good break, think, live, and move forward. see you when we see you, and good luck^^
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Nice to have you back Wink
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)   Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking a Break from Felarya (I'm Back)
Page 1 of 1