Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?

Go down 
+10
JohnDoe
Pendragon
Anime-Junkie
Saironthis
Jætte_Troll
Oldman40k2003
rcs619
Shady Knight
SuperPieGuy9
Archmage_Bael
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Empty
PostSubject: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:46 am

The good and bad thing about felarya is that it's linked to so many universes. Canononically we need to explain why UPCs cant get into felarya, because recently, I've seen people talk about creatures/beings that come to felarya that are extremely powerful.

There is an rpg (Forgot what it's called) where beings more powerful than guardians exist, and in order to prevent people from writing in creatures that break it, I think we need to explain why and how a little bit more. I heard on the chatbox that one of the guardians do this? However, when I went to the wiki, I saw nothing about that.

I'm sure some way already exists, and thus needs to be more easily viewed on the wiki. If no way currently exists, I believe this is something we should deal with pronto.
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Well, I think it's simple really. The Guardians basically keep those with intentions and the ability to actually take over Felarya out and let everybody else who wouldn't be a major threat in and out. The Guardian Notys is probably the one most likely to watch over this because she is a dimensional chimera, and as we all know, Felarya's warping thingies are dimensional.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Or maybe people just don't get that Guardians are supposed to be a background force and think uber characters that can blow a whole world are cool.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:27 pm

but what about those characters with power stronger than that of the guardians?

maybe felarya itself has some property.
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
but what about those characters with power stronger than that of the guardians?

maybe felarya itself has some property.

I was thinking that as well. Perhaps Felarya's warping capabilities are growing weaker and weaker over an incredible amount of time until eventually, it's dimensional warping properties cease to exist and only the natives are able to live on Felarya (probably the same amount of time it would take for the moon to escape from the Earth's gravity today: 10 billion years). And also, another thing is that perhaps it takes a lot of for Felarya to warp in something with incredible magical abilities *cough* UPCs *cough* *cough* or incredible amounts of matter (many people and/or many weapons).

I'm just spitballing.

Last edited by SuperPieGuy9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Guardians are supposed to give even Gods a challenge. If you bring in a character with powers above a God, then obviously, something went wrong while designing it. I personally think creating the Guardians was a mistake as people don't understand they are supposed to be a vaguely defined background force. Yet, I keep hearing ideas about a character who can go toe to toe with one. When will people learn they're just to justify why Felarya has never been conquered.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Its been stated in the Felarya physics section that there is something in the dimensional "chemistry" of Felarya that only allows it to connect to Earth-like worlds, or at least worlds that can support life as we know it. This is to be sure it doesn't connect to some kind of poison world, or black hole, or a wold of Lovecraftian horrors or something.

I doubt you'd find many, of any, guardian-level creatures on such worlds. My own theory is that the Guardians are either flukes...powerful creatures that have only grown stronger through immortality and millenias of training, or were average people that were turned into what they are.

I just don't think we'd be seeing such powerful things spawning on more "normal" worlds. It would seem that there ARE occaisionally powerful inter-dimensional creatures that come through from time to time...like the "Correctors". They were apparently powerful enough for the guardians to create an army of titans to help repel them.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:43 pm

rcs619 wrote:
...or a world of Lovecraftian horrors or something.

Yeah, Felarya doesn't like competition. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:23 pm

I think people should just stop making ridiculously overpowered Mary-Sues who can not only meet with the Guardians, which shouldn't be possible unless the Guardians WANT to be met with, but fight them directly.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
I think people should just stop making ridiculously overpowered Mary-Sues who can not only meet with the Guardians, which shouldn't be possible unless the Guardians WANT to be met with, but fight them directly.

This. Right. Here.
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:28 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
/thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:

I agree with this, personally I'm tired of seeing people that make DBZ characters look like normal people.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:05 am

I agree with those as well. If people keep creating them, then there may be a communication problem as per why specifically a god like character wont "just appear" and fight everything in felarya.

That or people just ignore the rules and common sense.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I agree with those as well. If people keep creating them, then there may be a communication problem as per why specifically a god like character wont "just appear" and fight everything in felarya.

I'm leaning toward the latter.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
FINALLY! Someone comes out and says it.
If you survive if Felarya, it should be be be because of a combination of the following:
Luck (But not Mary-Sue luck)
  • Cunning
  • Stealth
  • Musical Skill
  • Storytelling Skill
  • Skill in lying (related to the above, it doesn't have to be a TRUE story)
  • And various other things that I am far to tired to remember at the moment.

A combination of, but not all. If your character used all this they would be a Mary-Sue.
Determining how to balance it out can be difficult, but I would pick one or two of these traits to be what my character mainly depends on to survive. Traits can be combined, for example a musician who knows many ballads, epics and other songs combines musical skill and storytelling skill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:

You simply need to realize that the majority of humanity is stupid. And of that number, there are people who take stupidity to incomprehensible degrees. The internet is a place where they can be stupid without someone smacking them upside the head, so it unfortunately promotes this.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:

^^^^^^^^

If only more people followed this.

I cannot tell you how pissed off I am that people think they can bring in their mary sues who can control magic and blow up mountains with their uber faggot powers.

They're degrading the community with their fecal drivelings.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Pendragon wrote:

can I...quote you? XD
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

^^^^^^^^

I cannot tell you how pissed off I am that people think they can bring in their mary sues who can control magic and blow up mountains with their uber faggot powers.

Is this really that big of a problem?

I just haven't noticed many such stories.

Of course I might have just overlooked them.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Daejien wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

I agree with this, personally I'm tired of seeing people that make DBZ characters look like normal people.
I'm quoting you on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 pm

JohnDoe wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

^^^^^^^^

Is this really that big of a problem?

I just haven't noticed many such stories.

Of course I might have just overlooked them.

I fell very much into this category. not wantin to meet the guardians or blowin up mountains but still pretty ridiculous. since then i have gotten rid of them and have begun workin on a better standard for this world.
Back to top Go down
http://venomx3000.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Does the whole"wanting to meet the Guardians" thing still count as god modding if they know full-well that they're fucked- or if they have no idea what the Guardians are and just got suckered into it as a suicide mission?
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 am

I admit when I created the guardians, I wasn't expecting them to be such a big deal for people ^^;
I mean they are essentially very secretive, almost never show themselves, and their actions are more legends than anything. From the perspective of most Felarya inhabitants, they could well be legend themselves that actually never existed in the first place...

And they are only here to defend against the biggest, most ultimate threats to the balance of things. it's not like they are big bullies or a sort of constant Damocles sword floating over the head of people..
Maybe I should write a bit about Ur-Sagol and explain more what was going on before its fail, so people realize Negav is nowhere near that... and maybe also specify that how it falled exactly is lost in time, and that the "razed in one night" may well be an exxageration too..
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:49 am

Personally, i would kill to see what they look like. on another note. I have also read quite a few of the stories, and can say that i havent seen any where the people have tried to face the guardians or whatnot. ive only thought of them as like the greek gods. other than the fact the Felarya Guardians dont get so involved with the personal lives of others, but unlike the so called version we would call God, they can actually manifest themselves and interact in the world.

I am not tryin to be offensive, just paintin a picture.

If it makes sense of what Im sayin. You cant reach the Gods, they reach you.
Back to top Go down
http://venomx3000.deviantart.com/
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:26 am

Karbo wrote:
I admit when I created the guardians, I wasn't expecting them to be such a big deal for people ^^;
I mean they are essentially very secretive, almost never show themselves, and their actions are more legends than anything. From the perspective of most Felarya inhabitants, they could well be legend themselves that actually never existed in the first place...

And they are only here to defend against the biggest, most ultimate threats to the balance of things. it's not like they are big bullies or a sort of constant Damocles sword floating over the head of people..
Maybe I should write a bit about Ur-Sagol and explain more what was going on before its fail, so people realize Negav is nowhere near that... and maybe also specify that how it falled exactly is lost in time, and that the "razed in one night" may well be an exxageration too..

That's one way to fixing the problem, though at the same time a lot of the mystery and significance of Ur Sagol would be lost if too much of the story behind the ruins is explained.

Personally I've always viewed the guardians basically as the 'nuclear option.' They can step in to stop problems that arise in Felarya but generally don't, as the devastation they are likely to cause would be much more horrific than what they were trying to stop in the first place, so they instead let things run their course and only interfere directly when they really have to.

Some of the more subtle among the number might perform the minor behind the scenes manipulation here or there of course, either effecting things in a very hands off way, or working through much less powerful agents or so on and so forth, but not directly appearing in front of the latest problem and blasting it, and the surrounding countryside to smithereens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?   Felaryan Dimensional Limitor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan Dimensional Limitor?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next