Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interspecies Weddings/Marriage

Go down 
+24
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Lordmep
MrNobody13
aethernavale
Grave
Malahite
Jætte_Troll
French snack
JohnDoe
Darkstorm Zero
FalconJudge
Claire
Warrior3000
Archmage_Bael
SuperPieGuy9
codaman
ZionAtriedes
Karbo
rcs619
Anime-Junkie
Reptillian
dlausactor6373
alliance
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:08 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
i think a human with a fairy niece or nephew would make for a very mean relative >_<
not me lol
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 am

lol, imagine trying to punish a fairy child for trying to eat it's cousin XD
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Endless tickle? lololololol
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Dggcnkk9_377czdvjrfq_b

Marry a plant.

Best.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Put it in a jar with air-holes. Problem solved. lol!
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 am

AHHHHHHHH!!!
BIOLANNTE!
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Hmmmm . . .   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 am

Well, I can see marriage as working in Felarya, but only for the small-small relations. If a normal person went with a great predator, I would say a ceremonial/official marriage would be unlikely because of aforementioned difficulties. It would depend on whether the two would normally eat each other or not. But a relationship I can definitely see between two species, even pred-prey relationships.

As for the reproductive matters, the genetic code has to be fairly similar for a child to be made. A human and elf or neko, or even a human/neko/elf and a neera/tomthumb could produce a child. Anything deviated farther from a human than a naga probably wouldn't work. It also would be difficult (but not impossible) to have children and "normal" sexual relations with someone that much larger than you (if we are saying small-giant or small-tiny). But this is a fantasy world, so I degress. If you can think it up, you can put down anything you like relations wise.

And I agree that having children or sex isn't necessary in a romantic relationship. A boatload of trust and love would be a requirement, as in any serious relationship.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:51 pm

As cool as having a relationship with a giant pred species may sound, I for one would hate being called "Mr. Itty Bitty Snuggly Wuggly".

YOU ALL KNOW IT WOULD HAPPEN! Where do women come up with the "cutsie nickname" crap anyway?
Back to top Go down
Lordmep
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Wow. I just read through this whole thread and I can't help but be reminded of Israaldun's The Rest of Our Lives. I'm pretty sure he's read this thread cause he's addressed just about everything here. The relationship is between a human and a fairy, they plan on having a marriage ceremony with a fairy style dinner, there's magic, they have couple's arguements, one of them gets pregnant; its got the whole caboodle.

In regards to the whole Guardian threat issue, I don't think they'd ever intentionally mess with an interspecies marriage just for kicks. They only meddle in affairs that threaten the Felaryan order. I doubt a few isolated relationships are any real threat.

After reading all this, I think I might try to answer a few of these relationship issues in my stories.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Having not read this story, if I was told there would be a "fairy style dinner," I might be a tad apprehensive in attending ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Lordmep
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:48 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Having not read this story, if I was told there would be a "fairy style dinner," I might be a tad apprehensive in attending ^^;

Think Thanksgiving where everybody's passing around bowls... bowls filled with shrunken hypnotised humans, nekos, nagas, and mermaids.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:52 pm

My top 5 scariest relationships to be in or break up.

5. Neko (Ever seen a scratch post? Now imagine that as your back.)
4. Naga (one hug too tight and you are either dead or paralyzed)
3. Nemesis (and you thought you had bad dreams before)
2. Fairy ( again with the her shrinking you)
1. Succubus (I hope you didn't like holding on to your own soul. And even if she didn't take it, she can just wait to torture you in hell.)
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:48 pm

There is a potential "after death" benefit to being in a relationship with a succubus, assuming that the succubus actually likes you as a person. You die, and if you end up going to hell it seems fairly likely to me that you will be "earmarked" to be delivered to the succubus without being molested, tortured, or eaten. Presuming the succubus actually likes you, she probably won't eat you, and thus you get to spend a probably not unpleasant eternity together.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
There is a potential "after death" benefit to being in a relationship with a succubus, assuming that the succubus actually likes you as a person. You die, and if you end up going to hell it seems fairly likely to me that you will be "earmarked" to be delivered to the succubus without being molested, tortured, or eaten. Presuming the succubus actually likes you, she probably won't eat you, and thus you get to spend a probably not unpleasant eternity together.

While this is true, we must take a few laws into consideration.

1. Given eternity, you will find some way to mess up the relationship. It is inevitable. If something can happen it will happen if the time frame is eternal. Now, one could say well you have eternity to patch things up but this brings me to the second law....

2. Women hold onto grudges FOREVER.

Thus the combination of these two laws ensures your eventual endless torture.

(ok post was kidding but I had to do it, so any women out there don't go flaming me. Although it does make me wonder if forgiveness is even in a succubus vocabulary)
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Grave wrote:
Although it does make me wonder if forgiveness is even in a succubus vocabulary)
yeah, it's defined as: "Something angels do."
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:19 am

Scariest relationship between species
1. Giant Naga and Human (or endorian): Honestly haveing a wife thats 200ft tall and could easily eat you.... best not to make her angry, thankful Mac hasnt done this to Helga
2. driddler and human.... do i even have to say more on what can and most likely go wrong here?
3. drayad and human, It may work out but uf she accidently eats you well..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:19 am

I don't think that relations between 2 different species are scary but they do give some problems..

1. Reproduction
This is pretty obvious I think. Just imagine a Dridder and a human have a child... What kind of creature will come out of it?
The genetic material just can't mix without giving problems...
Although it does give some interesting results(I am actually working on a character that has this issue)

2. The differences between species
This can be really difficult since the two species just think entirely different.(think fairy logic vs human logic...)

3. Sex
Is this even possible between certain species?

All said it does give some problems but if 2 creatures really love each other then love will conquer everything!!(This sounds so wrong)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:27 am

Quote :
1. Reproduction
This is pretty obvious I think. Just imagine a Dridder and a human have a child... What kind of creature will come out of it?
Although it does give some interesting results(I am actually working on a character that has this issue)

The general consensus is that cross-species reprodution is largely impossible.

I believe humans and elves can crossbreed, but other than that, its generally not possible. I think human/neko kids have been discussed before, and while most people tend to think they're impossible, I don't think a concrete answer has been given. Same with human/fairy kids (although, these would be rare to the point of being a non-issue anyways).

Fairies and Elementals can interbreed, but that is likely more of a magical thing than a physical one.

Interspecies lovers would just have to settle for a loving relationship and accept that they can never have kids together.
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:02 am

rcs619 wrote:
Quote :
1. Reproduction

The general consensus is that cross-species reprodution is largely impossible.

I believe humans and elves can crossbreed, but other than that, its generally not possible. I think human/neko kids have been discussed before, and while most people tend to think they're impossible, I don't think a concrete answer has been given. Same with human/fairy kids (although, these would be rare to the point of being a non-issue anyways).

Fairies and Elementals can interbreed, but that is likely more of a magical thing than a physical one.

Interspecies lovers would just have to settle for a loving relationship and accept that they can never have kids together.
This is correct if we apply the theories from earth. Although I am pretty sure that Felarya uses the same theories then your correct.
If they don't use the same theories however....(I am referring to the warped physics of felarya, If the physics are different then why could biology not be different?)
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:33 am

I think neko/human kids would be possible, mixing traits of nekos and humans. I figure that the humanoid species, elves, humans and nekos, can probably interbreed, but can't breed with tauric species (harpies being the exception of course). I also figure fairies can probably interbreed with humanoid species.

Tauric species probably can't interbreed with other sorts of tauric species, harpies once again being the exception.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 am

Well we don't quite apply theories from our reality. We have to assume that much is similar because it looks similar. So I'd say the physics are not the same as our reality but they are similar to our reality in some aspects.
Quote :
I am referring to the warped physics of felarya, If the physics are different then why could biology not be different?)
Why could it not be different? Well because biology is different to physics. We've already got a few premises of the setting, a few key features and some of pseudo-physics to support it so it makes sense in the setting and allows people to logically think out things for their stories.

With something like having everything being able to breed with everything, I'd say there are a few reasons why it isn't in the setting:
  1. The line has to be drawn somewhere. D&D has a 'problem' with half-orc-half-elemental- half-human-half-elf and stuff like that. (yes, that many halves in one character.)
  2. It allows some seriously overpowered things to occur.
  3. It's impossible/really damn hard to figure out how it would work. (Not just from a scientific standpoint)
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:44 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Well we don't quite apply theories from our reality. We have to assume that much is similar because it looks similar. So I'd say the physics are not the same as our reality but they are similar to our reality in some aspects.
Quote :
I am referring to the warped physics of felarya, If the physics are different then why could biology not be different?)
Why could it not be different? Well because biology is different to physics. We've already got a few premises of the setting, a few key features and some of pseudo-physics to support it so it makes sense in the setting and allows people to logically think out things for their stories.

With something like having everything being able to breed with everything, I'd say there are a few reasons why it isn't in the setting:
  1. The line has to be drawn somewhere. D&D has a 'problem' with half-orc-half-elemental- half-human-half-elf and stuff like that. (yes, that many halves in one character.)
  2. It allows some seriously overpowered things to occur.
  3. It's impossible/really damn hard to figure out how it would work. (Not just from a scientific standpoint)
You got a good point there. It does give some overpowered characters. Biology is a lot different to physics... But then again if you count magic into it then you might get some..well..interesting results(you probably would get some horrible mutations...)
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Well yeah, that's how the fairy-elemental hybrids happen. Both faeries and elementals are highly magical beings. They don't really mate sexually. It's not really possible to get it on with a being made of lightning or water.
It's more of a mutual decision to create a being through magic. It's only really possible because, as I said, both are highly magical beings. Magic is part of their nature.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I've always thought that in order to have any sort of real cross species breeding, large amounts of magical intervention would be required, but with said intervention just about any sort of crossbreeding would be possible. Of course the difficultly of the magical intervention would increase the more dissimilar the two parents are; at the extreme said magician would essentially be creating organs and components from scratch, and twisting "DNA" to do things it would not normally do.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 pm

well magic would probably have to be used to have kids with more extreme cases. In that case, simpley make the child the same races are the mother, maby some traits of the father show up.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interspecies Weddings/Marriage   Interspecies Weddings/Marriage - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interspecies Weddings/Marriage
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: