Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dwarf Fortress

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sulac
Naga food
Sulac

Dwarf Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf Fortress   Dwarf Fortress Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Anyone here play it?

For those who don't know, Dwarf Fortress is a freeware game for PC where you control a fortress full of dysfunctional alcoholics as you try to keep them from dying in an exceptionally epic manner. Goblins invade your fortress, dragons stop by for a visit, flood the fort with water or worse, with magma, there are so many ways to lose, which is good. The motto of the game? "Losing is Fun!"

The game is also infamous for it's... tenuous grasp on physics. If you check the official forums, you'll find several stories of players' unique experiences and exploits with the game. One player drained an entire ocean... just to capture a group of walruses. People have tried to farm mermaids, noticeably freaking out veteran players.

If you want to try out this beast of a game, then I have two warnings for you.

1. The ASCII graphics and interface give this game a hellish learning curve. But if you can figure out how to play, fun times are to be had.
2. Due to a new update released recently, the game is very buggy. Well, buggier than usual. Don't be surprised if the game crashes or something. Tarn Adams, the one man that works on this game, is currently working on sorting out all the bugs and releasing updated versions of the game.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

Dwarf Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress   Dwarf Fortress Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:22 am

Yes, at least a few people here play it, including me. Personally I enjoy digging down into the new happy fun stuff (the stuff just introduced in the 2010 version) and watching as all my dwarves die in seconds.

Because I'm a monster like that.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

Dwarf Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress   Dwarf Fortress Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 am

Yeah dwarf fortress is a kick, killing Hydras and Dragons by throwing a LIVE FLY at them.

The Hydra's torso explode into gore!

I thought about doing a felarya mod awhile back.

But it was too much work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dwarf Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Fortress   Dwarf Fortress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Fortress
Page 1 of 1