Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Main Characters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Main Characters Empty
PostSubject: Main Characters   Main Characters Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Well, I'm back (after a whole two days altogether), and I figure I might as well post my character's profiles. I've already made three chapters of the story with them, so it's a bit overdue...

Starting with the main three: Robin (Squiggles) Rey, Gen Rey, and Jack Fuller.

Brief History.

Rinoen was the bastard son (one of hundreds) of Roan, the Bastard Maker. After being kicked out of his house at a young age by his rather bad mother, he began to make his way in the world(s). The boy grew into a man and finally got his own house and lived peacefully. Then one day, he found an abandoned child- Robin, he named him (there's kind of a thing with the Rey family with naming their kids names beginning with the letter "R"; he learned that the one time he met his biological father). He tried to raise the child, about 4-6 months old, as his own, and he did so fairly well. A few months later, he also found another child, who he named "Ren".

As time went on, Rinoen got evicted, and he and his children started living and eating where and what they could- the children always came first for Rinoen. It wasn't easy, but they got along, and were a very close family. Ren also decided to call himself "Gen" instead; it seemed less girly to him. Then, a little over a decade after adopting the kids, Rinoen and his children met Jack, another of Roan's bastards.

Jack and Rinoen got along well, dispite Jack being little older than his children. A couple years after the two parted ways, Robin and Gen asked their father for independance. Wanting them to stay safe, Rinoen directed them to find Jack to see if he would travel with them, knowing he was a genius. After finding him, the three decided to travel together.

Individual:

Jack

Eyes: Green

Hair: Blonde

Personality: Since he was a child, Jack has been a genius. His main ability is a photographic memory, being able to remember almost everything that he's seen, heard, or read almost instantly. He's also very good at connecting things together and overall reasoning.

Regretably, he certainly knows this. Being like that since childhood has made him quite arrogant. While he does love his nephews, he often gets them into danger by thinking he can handle it; while he is brilliant, this is often negated completely by his arrogance.

He also likes to tease Gen for being girly, and often makes him crossdress for various reasons.

He was raised by a single mother on a rather Earth-like planet after Roan got her pregnant. He still keeps in touch with his mother, when possible.

It should be noted that he is completely sterile due to a hormone disorder. He cannot be physically attracted to anyone or anything; even seduction magic is nullified by this. He finds it is one more distraction he doesn't have, and doesn't take hormones to remedy it; being born that way means he doesn't really care about it that much.

Gen

Eyes: Green

Hair: Blonde

Personality: Gen, out of the three, is the most hot blooded. He tends to get angry easily. It's not like he has anger management issues or anything, but he is more emotional than the other two. He is about 6 months younger than Robin.

He is straight. Gen is actually the only one of the three with a sexual orientation, since the other two have a blood-related hormone disorder, which means in this world he's just that much more vulnerable. Despite his sexual orientation, you couldn't tell it by looking at him; he looks more like a woman than a man, due to his soft features, lovely eyes, and long, lush blonde hair, which he for some reason refuses to cut. Constantly being mistaken for a girl or a homosexual frustrates him to no end, and Jack's love of making him crossdress doesn't help a bit.

Gen loves his family, of course. He is also very good with his hands, and can sew and mend clothes in a pinch, just making him seem all the more girly.

Robin

Hair: Blue

Eyes: Blue

Personality: Robin is a rather quiet person, who tends to follow instead of lead. He loves his family quite alot, and it shows. He is also quite gullible- he tends to get swindled very often.

Robin is physically the strongest and tallest of the three, and, were it not for his usually-gentle expression, would be the most imposing. His strange hair and eye color don't usually go unnoticed, either.

Like Jack, Robin has a hormone disorder. This, as well as a few blood tests, shows that he could very well be Rinoen's brother, like Jack. Although he learned this at an early age, it never really had an impact on the three as a family.

(Squiggles)

To be introduced in a later chapter, Squiggles is a parasite that gets inside of Robin. He is a strange sort of worm, whose thin body exists throughout the host's system once ingested, with his nervous system connected directly with that of his host. He is especially strange in that his species is sentient, and, whenever possible, actively communicates with their host.

It is passed on through ingestion; eat the hosts head or nervous system, and you get the parasite. The worm, once having spread through the body, uses the host to absorb its sustenance: a strange sort of energy emited by lifeforms, undetectible and unfelt most of the time. The parasite feeds off of this enrgy harmlessly, with no damage to the host or the life-forms having the strange energy absorbed from them- after being emited, the strange energy effects them very little anyways. While this means that the host must stay near other life-forms constantly or else their worms- and, by extension having their vitals connected- themselves will die, there are benefits.

Although the worm itself, Squiggles, came alone in his host from another world, the feeding process had unexpected results once put on Felarya. When the energy is taken in excess, like in the jungle of Felarya, the absorpsion produces a waste product- actual useable energy for the host, boosting vitality and endurance. By absorbing a part of the unique magical signatures around it, it also hides the host from predator sense, or at least garbles it for the host's body.

Being another sentient mind feeling what the host feels, it also can control some minor bodily funtions and reactions in the brain, allowing the host improved reflexes.

At any rate, here is Squiggle's bio:

He was transported to Felarya in the body of a strange deerlike creature from his hmoeworld, which then proceded to wander haplessly through the jungle, eventually being shot by a group of human hunters. He was eaten by an 8-year-old child travelling through the perilous jungle with them, who became his new host. Squiggles was delighted to have a sentient mind to talk to, and the boy soon got over his fear of the voice in his head and eventually gave him his name, Squiggles, after discovering the nature of his new friend's body.

After travelling through the Great Marsh, however, the entire group was decimated by a pack of Silver Scorpions. One, in particular, ate Squiggle's nervous system and became his new host. Mourning the loss of his friend, Squiggles decided to keep the name the boy gave him. Soon after, he had the scorpion remove itself from the pack and wander around (non-sentient beings can be guided by the parasite's thoughts).

He soon found his host being eaten by a small lizard, who, while migrating to its mating ground, was killed and eaten by Robin, making him the new host.

As a person, Squiggles is a nice, philosophical friend to Robin. He has been alive for possibly hundreds of years, and has had several sentient hosts. He hopes not to lose Robin so easily. Robin also benefits from the aforementioned effects.

Well, there are my mains. Strangely enough, I view Robin as the real lead, and I intend to give him the most developement.

Comments?
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Jew
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Jew

Main Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Characters   Main Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:31 am

Ok, to be really honest the fact that Jack forces his nephew to crossdress kindaaaa gives me the creeps. I'm assuming that the reason you made Jack asexual was to try and remove the implications of that, but I don't really see it working. Nearly all teenage guys are really sensitive about their masculinity, and having your uncle make you wear a dress wouldn't help that at all. Even if Jack doesn't see it as sexual, he still comes off as a real creep/bully, at least to me.

And about the 'blood hormone disorder', couldn't you just get rid of that and just list them as asexual? Last time I checked, asexuality wasn't officially classed as a disorder, and calling a RL sexual preference, or lack therof a disorder kinda comes off as a little offensive. I mean, if you said one of the men had a blood disorder that made him attracted to other men, people'd call you a homophobe.

Also, if they're implied to be the kids of a man who fathered literally hundreds of children, wouldn't it be more likely that they'd inherit heightened sexual attraction to none at all?*

* I am giving the fantasy setting a little consideration here, I know IRL sexuality isn't really something passed on by parents.

Last edited by Jew on Wed May 19, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Main Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Characters   Main Characters Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Jew wrote:
Ok, to be really honest the fact that Jack forces his nephew to crossdress kindaaaa gives me the creeps. I'm assuming that the reason you made Jack asexual was to try and remove the implications of that, but I don't really see it working. Nearly all teenage guys are really sensitive about their masculinity, and having your uncle make you wear a dress wouldn't help that at all. Even if Jack doesn't see it as sexual, he still comes off as a real creep/bully, at least to me.

And about the 'blood hormone disorder', couldn't you just get rid of that and just list them as asexual? Last time I checked, asexuality wasn't officially classed as a disorder, and calling a RL sexual preference, or lack therof a disorder kinda comes off as a little offensive. I mean, if you said one of the men had a blood disorder that made him attracted to other men, people'd call you a homophobe.

Also, if they're implied to be the kids of a man who fathered literally hundreds of children, wouldn't it be more likely that they'd inherit heightened sexual attraction to none at all?*

* I am giving the fantasy setting a little consideration here, I know IRL sexuality isn't really something passed on by parents.

I figured someone would ask this, but I didn't write it down because of time. First, yes, Jack is meant to be a bully figure for Gen. I try to cast him as more than slightly a jerk.

The whole "blood disorder" thing has been attached to Robin and Jack since I first started thinking of them together. I planned to make it a thing with Roan's kids: about 25% of them having a hormone disorder for which Roan is a carrier, but not a sufferer. There is a difference between being uninterested-in-women-and-men asexual and physically-incapable-of-any-sexual-interest asexual; I just wanted them to be the second kind, and I decided that long before I thought of bringing them to Felarya.

The point is, they aren't just uninterested. They are physically unable to feel sexual attraction. Ever. To anything. They have no choice. That is what I was going for, not "they don't care about sex", though it's included, having never felt the urge.

And, again, the crossdressing thing is mostly just a running gag to show that Jack is a bastard.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Main Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Characters   Main Characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Characters
Page 1 of 1