Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jew
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:33 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:

Slowly, surely, I believe that unless we finally understand the concept of harmonious equality, we will find ourselves second-class citizens. I'm not saying slavery, but there will be a subtle form of oppression.
Good Lord.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Jętte_Troll wrote:
I can see your argument with the elves and I agree totally there. Their superiority in some fields and general attitude would suggest Elves as the dominant slavers.

Nekos I find much harder to believe. I'm not sure its true that nekos are overall better at magic than humans - there have been many pretty skilled human mages. As for being a delicacy - I thought it was Elves that were a delicacy. Only some predators, most noticeably Crisis, are crazy for catgirls. Finally, there doesn't seem to be a place for Neko slavery - they live either in small communities were adding more people, especially people who might try to escape and cause a ruckus is a bad idea, or within Negav itself, where them owning slaves would be shot down quickly be the human majority.

So, yes, I can see Elven communities with powerful mages using humans as slaves - neko slavers I don't buy yet.

That's pretty much my point of view as well. I could definitely see elves with an inclination to use slaves. But nekos not that much. Also Nekos are not really more of a delicacy to preds than humans, ( even if it's the case for Crisis ), nor are they really more prone to magic.

ZionAtriedes wrote:

Of course, that's involving real-world politics, and I know I'm going to come under a firestorm of criticism for that (which, depending on what is said, may actually prove me right).

Sorry, but we will really avoid political argument on this forum ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karbo.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:00 am

Karbo wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:

Of course, that's involving real-world politics, and I know I'm going to come under a firestorm of criticism for that (which, depending on what is said, may actually prove me right).

Sorry, but we will really avoid political argument on this forum ^^;
I knew I was toeing a dangerous line there, but I was acting upon the hope that people would simply consider it a reference I was using to support my point, and not an excuse to go apeshit.

Yeah, I'm presuming that people will act maturely... I genuinely think it can be done, I really do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:26 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:

I never said it required a single explosive rebellion. Look at what's happening in America: Caucasian males are becoming increasingly demonized in popular society, and are under massive amounts of scrutiny for any statements that would be perfectly acceptable out of the mouth of another. Slowly, surely, I believe that unless we finally understand the concept of harmonious equality, we will find ourselves second-class citizens. I'm not saying slavery, but there will be a subtle form of oppression.

Zion, such a theory on your part could quite frankly be described as nothing less than a paranoid idea. Openly stating that you honestly think there will be a decline in the predominance of Caucasian males in most areas of western society any time soon due to simple concepts of what is considered acceptable by what groups is ridiculous. Furthermore, stating that aforementioned decline will result in the second class placement of said group is contradictory to events that have occurred, and are still occurring today in American society. While I am able to partially grasp your point of view, to the extent to which you have taken your perception of things is quite odd indeed.

tl;dr- AHAHAHAHA-No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Once again we will NOT enter real politics in this forum. Stop right there please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karbo.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Karbo wrote:
That's pretty much my point of view as well. I could definitely see elves with an inclination to use slaves. But nekos not that much. Also Nekos are not really more of a delicacy to preds than humans, ( even if it's the case for Crisis ), nor are they really more prone to magic.
In overall the war between tribe lead to slavery because the winning tribe ask the defeated one to supply them with slaves. It's the origin of slavery.

The scorching claw can attack the vithe tribe or any neighboured neko tribes in order to have slave in order to have more manpower to forge their weapons because to arm a whole tribe you need manpower dedicates to that.
If you think a nomadic lifestyle prevent that it's completely wrong because many famous nomadic tribe were famous to attack village and take the villager as slave for themselves or to sell them to rich merchants.

If the elves will be interested to buy neko as slaves the ones who will sell them to them will be another nekos.

The belonging to a race doesn't have the same value to belong to a race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I imagine any race could enslave the tinies. There is, afterall a black market slave trade on tinies. I feel sorry for the neera through. Poor little guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm

That's true Grave, but what would then use them for?
They're tiny, you'd need masses of them before they became useful.
Also when you're talking "could" it is very different to 'would."
Not every race would enslave tinies, even though they could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jew
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:

I'd imagine Tinies would be absoloutely perfect for doing small, delicate tasks, like fixing some machinery, cleaning jewelry, etc

Still, I bet most people who'd enslave a tiny would probably just boss it around until they got bored and let it go/squashed it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:49 am

Jew wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:

I'd imagine Tinies would be absoloutely perfect for doing small, delicate tasks, like fixing some machinery, cleaning jewelry, etc

Still, I bet most people who'd enslave a tiny would probably just boss it around until they got bored and let it go/squashed it
Indeed, I was thinking the same thing. Any race that uses complex machinery would benefit from having Tinies around, as they could be employed to fix delicate machinery as you said. Also in maintenance they would be useful to reach any area that would require a human sized worker to remove huge amounts of plating and other systems, etc.

However, I see no point in enslaving them, it would be much easier to just employ them voluntarily. Think about it:
Offer them a safe place to sleep, food (they can't eat much. A human sized meal would feed a tiny family for... A while) and some form of credits (like money) and I'm sure they'd jump at the chance. No to mention they get educated on the job.
In return you get any machinery maintained much better, rodents & pests eradicated (I'm pretty sure they don't want rats running around. Especially seeing as they are more a threat to them rather than a pest as they are to us) and any job that requires finesse on a small scale can be done with much greater efficiency.
Seems like a good deal to me.

If you enslave them, they'll escape, sabotage everything, ruin food supplies and possibly even alert nearby giant predators as to your whereabouts.
Some will escape. They are small enough that it's nigh impossible to keep an eye on all of them without using surveillance efforts that completely outweigh the benefits of having the tinies enslaved in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jew
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:42 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:

Indeed, I was thinking the same thing. Any race that uses complex machinery would benefit from having Tinies around, as they could be employed to fix delicate machinery as you said. Also in maintenance they would be useful to reach any area that would require a human sized worker to remove huge amounts of plating and other systems, etc.

However, I see no point in enslaving them, it would be much easier to just employ them voluntarily. Think about it:
Offer them a safe place to sleep, food (they can't eat much. A human sized meal would feed a tiny family for... A while) and some form of credits (like money) and I'm sure they'd jump at the chance. No to mention they get educated on the job.
In return you get any machinery maintained much better, rodents & pests eradicated (I'm pretty sure they don't want rats running around. Especially seeing as they are more a threat to them rather than a pest as they are to us) and any job that requires finesse on a small scale can be done with much greater efficiency.
Seems like a good deal to me.

If you enslave them, they'll escape, sabotage everything, ruin food supplies and possibly even alert nearby giant predators as to your whereabouts.
Some will escape. They are small enough that it's nigh impossible to keep an eye on all of them without using surveillance efforts that completely outweigh the benefits of having the tinies enslaved in the first place.

Yeah, I can't think of many useful things you could force them to do. As I said, the kind of people who'd enslave them would probably just be losers who can't control anything else so they have to settle for teeny tiny people. And I don't know whether people keeping tinies as pets counts as slavery (IMO it does) but you might get people who do that too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?   

Back to top Go down

Felarya: Would Nekos & Elves be the Slavers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: