Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas

Go down 
+29
Gamma
jedi-explorer
Grave
DarkOne
Sigurd
Darth_Nergal
asaenvolk
Stabs
Ilceren
Gabriel115
Nyaha
parameciumkid
keroko
FalconJudge
TheArchvile
Sehoolighan
Black Aquila
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Oldman40k2003
Slimetoad
Jasconius
Pendragon
Feadraug
Warrior3000
Karbo
Shady Knight
Archmage_Bael
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:52 pm

As an addition to the dimensional storms, wouldn't it be interesting to have places that are known for getting them frequently? The pressure could build up and release like volcanoes, and signs to watch out for when one is starting would be either a static or warble-like sound, as well as a feeling of a bend in reality.

Hm. maybe I should think of weather ideas of what kinds of storms and things could appear in felarya.

Lakeland evles:

The Lakeland elves are the native felaryan elf inhabitants who have concealed themselves successfully (for the most part) from predators. Their habitat consists of Artificial trees built to serve as their protection. Any adventurer that's been lucky enough to make it that far will never know if they are passing right by the homes of the elves. Of course this technique is aided by a powerful artifact excavated from the Lalrithrisa (means "obstacle" in their language) Mountains nearby. This magical device gives the protection of perfect conjuration, that is the outer layer of their homes become trees themselves. It may not offer the protection of a predator barrier, but the elves pride their stealth as being their number one asset.

The Lakeland elves are not much taller than normal humans, on average they're not more than a couple inches over. They have an extra layer of padding on their feet that lets them sneak around quieter than normal, and hands that have more grip and muscle, with forearms that are really strong. Under circumstances their hands will use retractable setae like the hairs on a gecko's hand, which allows them to climb trees quickly. While they are able to do this, they still can't out climb a neko.

Due to the magic of the nearby lakes, the elves are very in tune with magic. The rogue-like nature and the magic they wield all serve to help themselves stay as unseen as possible instead of the normal illusion or mystic nature most adventurers and inhabitants associate them with. Although that's not to say that they are never found and eaten by predators. The Lakeland Elves are also known for being more isolationist, and can sometimes be seen as cruel the way they understand the fate of their allies. Specifically if one in their group is caught by a predator they will abandon them for their own safety. However, they do pay respects and often pray for their friends because they do care deep down.

The elves worship the "moon" in the nearby Stillmoon pond, and it is a very sacred place for them. They are required to make a trip from time to time to visit.

WIP but it's what I have so far, any suggestions would be great 8D

wasn't sure how to word the gecko-like hands part, but I tried to have the elves seem a little less human by having different biological components
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Hmm... intriguing idea these lakeland elves are.

Do they have a specific diet that enhances their magic? How about forms of entertainment? Are they alligned to any other species?
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:47 pm

I too am interested by this idea.

Perhaps a description of their "moon" worship, such as rituals involved with it. Also, how about some more info on the mysterious artifact they found. Do they have any cultural upbringings such as a right of passage or similar things? Finally, perhaps a mention of the rilmanidon?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:52 am

well so far its a general description for them, the details will come later.

entertainment, worship...that would be under their "culture" section I think. I'll think of some stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:19 pm

I approve of this idea too. Specially loving the gecko-esque pads
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:18 am

I added the pocket storm idea Smile
As always, do you agre with the discaimer ?
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 am

yes, thank you ^_^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:32 pm

One idea, I have another one coming involving some part of Negav history. If there is anything you think I have left out or could fix, please tell me.

SAaRC (Search Apprehension and Response Contractors)

SAaRC is a group of Civilian Contractors (mercenaries) that are paid by both civilians and the Negav Guard. They operate strictly within the Law of Negav, and will not do anything that breaks it, nor will they accept bribes. SAaRC is unusual in that respect, and also since they are "contractors" they have the benefits of using higher grade weapons and armor for dangerous/hazardous situations.

They are currently most prevalent in the underground of Negav, undertaking assignments down below and in the normal parts of the city that the Guard just cannot find the time or manpower to do. Despite their relationship with the Guard, they do NOT have top security clearance.

Though despite what people think, the SAaRC isn't a large organization, and they don't have a massive number of people.

History:

SAaRC started out as a group of friends who worked at an unspecified shop, and hired themselves out as a side job. Through diligence and patience they were able to start a reputation of being a "goody-goody" mercenary group, without the balls to get their hands dirty.

Eventually they acquired popularity, and through success, they quit their day-job to become a full-time mercenary group. Through lots of money they were able to afford better equipment and more men, often taking ex-guards who were discharged by one reason or another. They still maintained a strict policy to obey the law as much as possible.

It was not long before one of their jobs collided with the Negav Guard, and instead of fighting, they were able to work out a complimentary situation for both. After a couple of different encounters, the Negav Guard begrudgingly accepted their help with some situations, and kept under-the-table relationships due to ex-guard members also serving in SAaRC. It is rumored that the top leaders of these contractors are a group of a neko, two humans and a female elf as the leader.

On the record they are a 'helpful' bunch of people who's assistance is 'appreciated' by the guard. Under the record they are recognized an extremely helpful group of people, this part is the most acknowledged simply due to stories.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:10 pm

The Fey Scare

It's a questionable period of time that lasted a few years or so. It was started by a rumor regarding a possible breach of Negav's Isolon Barrier, and that there was a fairy of some kind that snuck in, and ate some of the residents of the city.

The rumor spread slowly, but eventually a lot of inhabitants started accusing people who wore skimpy outfits, or ate food raw and without seasonings or sauces. This caused a lot of problems for people who were too poor to afford certain foods, or who sold their body as a living.

Eventually though, a book by Archmage Talbeln Veridimus made a surprise release. He once again questioned this time period with out-of-the-box theories and heavy support. Over time the situation diffused heavily, but influences still remain. It is one of many reasons why people wear different kinds of complicated looking clothing, and others have come up with really inventive dishes.

It was reported that not a lot of lives were lost thanks to this incident.

Cauldron, this also might be a decent event to have the investigators help diffuse as well, depending on how large they were.

p.s. - my ass not a lot of lives were lost Razz

once again, helpful advice on how to improve this idea would be appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Khopoln Helmet

This is a semi-rare piece of equipment purchasable within the city of Negav for Adventurers of any kind. The helmet itself is banded together with a special kind of metal alloy that reacts and changes the composition depending on the location, time spent in use, and magic density of the atmosphere around it. It has a visor that is pulled down over the front to protect the face, and a metal piece that connects it to the rear neck guard in the back of the helmet.

It is rumored that technology on how to craft this helmet was discovered upon a few adventurers bringing back some awkwardly shaped gold and jewel fragments, and other broken pieces of equipment with a valuable metal alloy. Due to the number of adventurers that try to buy or do buy this piece of equipment, it's fairly easy to see this "treasure" laying around ruins, and under tree roots where an adventurer might have tried to escape from a predator. However extremely valuable specimens are pretty uncommon among the regular pieces found due to the time taken that the helmet needs to "evolve".

It is advised that the adventurer looking to buy this helmet take heed that many merchants try to scam this item.

I wasn't sure how to phrase it much, but the general idea is that a few materials are used to create an alloy that reacts to the environment and over time becomes an artifact in and of itself. Though the ability to craft this is probably difficult, and that there would be scams...

Anyone willing to take a crack at re-phrasing how I typed this is more than welcome to. (AJ, here's your queue...)

Also, I would definitely like some kind of comment to my ideas even if it's just a one-liner.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:49 am

I find the fey scare intriguing ^^
Is that a sort of custom that lasted from this day ?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:10 am

Quote :
Is that a sort of custom that lasted from this day ?

that lasted from this day? I'm not sure what you mean sweatdrop

do you mean where I got influence of the name from? or do you mean some part of culture of negav that this relates to?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:53 pm

So jumping on the elementals bandwagon, this is my attempt at creating one myself.

Faceless (Water Elemental)

This creature mostly represents what looks to be a thick humanoid upper half, and a large tail that trails off into a body of water. Though it may be water, it is not translucent, and as such is theorized that there is a separate water-like membranous shell or layer around it. This elemental can not be cut effectively by a melee weapon, because it simply passes right through the water. If the water elemental does open up, water that spills out can simply be sucked back in.

Elementals have only two eyes, and no nose or mouth, and does not talk with audible words, but with telepathy.

When this creature feeds, it is not death. Sustenance for the water elemental is merely just more water. It sucks a creature or adventurer and is able to obtain any sort of knowledge said victim might have. Adventurers that fall victim to a water elemental will often find themselves waking up from what seems like a dream a fair time later, for it is unknown exactly how long a water elemental keeps one trapped inside them. No one knows either how water elementals manage to keep it's victims alive; that only the elementals knows (and they do not share that information).

Of course, due to the inability to digest victims, interesting relations between the water elemental and the victim may arise. They can also relate to being prey too, as many larger preds often try to drink them up like water. Many of these elementals live in small communities in various rivers and lakes all over felarya, and craft many tools for themselves that may be very valuable to outsiders.

When they reproduce, Two elementals will join themselves together, and instinctually, will search for a safe place to hide. Over a period of time both elementals will split off and double, meaning that both "parents" will become four newborn elemental "children". The parents of the newborns will be "transferred" into two of the smaller elemental bodies. The knowledge imparted will also be transfered upon reproduction, but not the memories...

There's my idea, please feel free to comment on it. Elementals are something I've always been afraid of making, because it seems like an idea too foreign for me.

Also, with the memory loss upon reproduction, it doesn't mean that they cant have their memory imparted, especially because they might be able to make objects that they can transfer their memories to, much like Dumbledore's Penseive in Harry Potter. Though I might make an idea for an object like that which elementals use, I would think that loosing one's memories would be very sad, especially for their friends.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 pm

That sounds more like a specific water elemental, and not water elementals in general.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 pm

It could be, I could rename it, but I'm not sure what the title could be. Maybe just a random fantasy name? I cant exactly call them the "membranous water elemental" XD

edit: changed the name to "faceless", and instead of "reincarnation" I said it's more of a transfer, since the elementals aren't dying, "reincarnation" is incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:20 pm

The faceless is an intriguing idea ^^
Having the elemental not digesting a prey provide an original twist and it would clearly work best with water ones indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 am

Yeah, I was hoping it would be. Thanks for your input! I hope it fits really well Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

Akaptor Glasslands

Ages upon ages ago a phenomenon occurred within an area of the Akaptor desert. The result of the phenomenon was the glassing of the surface in the area. Now labeled the Akaptor Glasslands, life has evolved there by creatures who burrow, and ones with very hard, heat resistant shells. Adventurers have tried exploring the hot region through the canyons and crags that exist in order to keep cool, and find out the reason behind why this area has become the way it has.

The only real conclusive theory that's been confirmed was that every other decade, the phenomenon will re-occur and anything that's left on the surface of the zone, will re-glass itself and create a new layer above the old one. This has been going on for the past unknown millenia, along with other minor storms that appear within it's borders.

The rumors that the reason for the original glassing was either a period in time where a star was "mis-borrowed" and wound up too close to the surface, or the severe lightning storms that occur every so often. However, the most plausible one is that Lava Elementals live in the area near a mountain that's assumed to be a volcano which causes the lava to glass the area, making a magic rich obsidian glass.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Credit to CauldronBorn24 for help with this, especially the lava elementals idea.

so tell me what you think. I can't remember exactly how I wanted to phrase the Lava Elementals thing, supposedly they would keep the lava a certain quality which would make it more reasonable that it would turn to glass. Though this IS felarya, and there are many ways that glassing could occur, it's even plausible that it could be a combination of the three. ANYWAY~ sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 pm

How can a creature burrow in GLASS?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:03 pm

There are creatures who can puncture rock, I think it's plausible that some creatures can burrow through glass. Especially if they're massive muscular felaryan ones.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 pm

And have a thousand glass shards in your skin? If there is so many burrowers there, you wouldn't be able to trek safely since it would be nothing but a field of broken glass shards.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
And have a thousand glass shards in your skin?
Well, presumably a burrowing creature would be armored, so it wouldn't get glass shards in its skin.

Sean Okotami wrote:
If there is so many burrowers there, you wouldn't be able to trek safely since it would be nothing but a field of broken glass shards.
While there are probably areas that are little more than fields of broken glass, I doubt most of the area is like that. After all, there are a lot of creatures that burrow in the dirt, yet everywhere on Earth is not impassable due to holes in the ground.

Also, the sharp shards would weather, making older shard fields less dangerous. How much they would weather in between the glassings, that I don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Oh well, I'm no expert.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Inderessil Gorge

Inderesil comes from an ancient dialect meaning "massive". This Gorge is located in the Tobol mountains near the direwind hills, and runs a length nearly through several mountains, and ends where the hills begin. Wind is funneled from the direwind hills where it meets the gorge, and flows through the massive cavern with incredible gusts of wind. Minerals line the rocky cliffs on either side, and sometimes stick out as if they were crystals. Due to the concentration of Claret Stones the cliff walls seem to give off a faint red tint in the rocky walls. At night, mist rolls down the sides of the cliff, and some other minerals in the cliff cause the red glow to be more pronounced during the evening. For this reason the nickname "bleeding cavern" has been given. The cliff walls descend what looks to be a few thousand feet - but not a person has yet to measure it. The bottom housed a river that dried up hundreds of years ago, and is now a fertile grassland running the length of the bottom of the gorge.

There are also lots of little ledges littered throughout both sides of the gorge, many have plants that have adapted to deal with the harsh winds, and thick vines might hang down from the forest above. The wind that blows through the gorge is incredibly strong, and occurs in periodical gusts that blows through into the hills beyond.

The first adventurers to reach the gorge found what was an ancient, elaborately masoned elven bridge that spanned from one end to another. However, as of recently the bridge has fallen into disrepair and stone falls from the floor down to the empty air beneath, and is no longer stable for travel. Two shrines are centered in the bridge that overlook the gorge in both directions. There are supports that still line the bottom of the bridge that still keep the shrines up. There is a little indent in the cliff wall closest to the evernight forest, and has two large pillars carved from the rock outside the front of the indent, and houses and buildings are built and seldom maintained by a small group of miners that live in this cliff dwelling.

Credit to Jaette troll for help on this idea as well.

Also I was unsure as to how I would word this, so if it's a bit confusing, let me know.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 pm

This is a pretty interesting idea, particularly the red mist.

Another idea, if I may, could be where the Direwind Hills meets it. The wind over the canyon would probably make a rather frightening sounds at times, I would guess. It might add to the fearful atmosphere of evening. Or the wind could be funneled at certain times through the narrower space, and create extremely strong blasts of air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next