Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas

Go down 
+29
Gamma
jedi-explorer
Grave
DarkOne
Sigurd
Darth_Nergal
asaenvolk
Stabs
Ilceren
Gabriel115
Nyaha
parameciumkid
keroko
FalconJudge
TheArchvile
Sehoolighan
Black Aquila
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Oldman40k2003
Slimetoad
Jasconius
Pendragon
Feadraug
Warrior3000
Karbo
Shady Knight
Archmage_Bael
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:33 am

I really like your Urchins idea. For one, it's nice to have a semi-harmless species in Felarya, and for another I like their redundancy to steal stuff. They sound like a fun, if annoying, species.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha! Ohhh I love that. At first I though it was going to be a pure humor article on just normal homeless child humanoids then you reveal they are in fact mysterious creatures of some kind and it doubles the value of the article! Very fun and I liked also how you aknowledged some predator's carry loot and gear. I bet everyone got the same idea I did if they wanted to feature these creatures terrorizing some predator: Subeta. Evil laugh

Just imagine if they invade her secret hidey area from the manga. Lol. Then she chases them all over the place.

Somebody MUST draw this. The gods of parody demand it!!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 4:02 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha! Ohhh I love that. At first I though it was going to be a pure humor article on just normal homeless child humanoids then you reveal they are in fact mysterious creatures of some kind and it doubles the value of the article! Very fun and I liked also how you aknowledged some predator's carry loot and gear. I bet everyone got the same idea I did if they wanted to feature these creatures terrorizing some predator: Subeta. Evil laugh

Just imagine if they invade her secret hidey area from the manga. Lol. Then she chases them all over the place.

Well I can't draw. It'd have to by Tarynn. Razz or Karbo. Who knows, maybe he's feeling nice today? angel
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 1:33 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Well I can't draw. It'd have to by Tarynn. Razz or Karbo. Who knows, maybe he's feeling nice today? angel

Tyarnn?! XD She can't draw! You mean Simon. Ironic you mention him as I haven't seen him in a while. o.o; Getting a little worried....

Ngghhaaaahh! I'll take a stab at drawing it. I've never drawn Subeta before anyway so it'd be a fun challenge. X3 Other people feel free to try and top me, I don't mind. After all I may not get it done for a month or two. The last three days I've wanted to sprite and write but not really draw much. ^__^; My arting juju seems to run away and hide sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 11:15 am

Clethaiya Wetlands

The Ivokan Savannah to the west of the Akaptor desert eventually leads into a large area that is overly saturated with water. It is immune to any seasonal changes that Felarya experiences in its awkward and unpredictable cycles. The wetlands in have freshwater in them despite being next to the ocean, and have an amazing variety of aquatic plants, the most you'll see compacted into a relatively small region compared to the rest of Felarya.

However, the wetlands are in a perfect position geographically to receive visitors who attempt trekking across the desert, but the aroma the vegetation secretes makes it difficult to leave the longer visitors stay. It causes them to forget their worries, and their goals, to rest in the bountiful wetlands. This causes their mental state to become borderline zombie-like, and easier to be eaten by larger creatures that live there, as it seems the larger a creature is, the easier it is for them to resist such a mental state - the exception being more aquatic based creatures such as mermaids, but other creatures such as Centaurs don't come through the wetlands too often.

Telnmuth River

Telnmuth River goes straight through the continent from the Clethaiya Wetlands, and through the Ivokan Svannah. The River flows up instead of down, and gets purified in the wetlands, taking a small amount of the properties with it. Drinking from its fresh water directly will cause extreme relaxation to the point of wanting to sit and rest for a while longer - but nothing quite so intense as a trek through the wetlands.

The river itself plays a host to a great many different species that have all made camps along it for a reliable source of fresh drinking water. In the hills closeby resides a spring of water underground that seeps into the river as well, making this water among the freshest and most rejuvenating in all of Felarya! However despite playing host to a great many species, the Savannah has a disproportionately high population of Centaurs who guard these lands. Crossing the Savannah without being seen by them is just short of impossible, leaving any travelers the need to brush up on their diplomatic skills.

Abinere Village

The Abinere Village lies to the northern most regions of the Savannah, between the fork in the river, and Lamina. The village itself is actually entirely comprised of Centaurs, anyone else is merely a visitor. Work is their currency - and each of them recognizes the importance with helping each other; your size does not matter to them. Each centaur is still very much a predator, and a human being eaten by them is still a likely scenario, but offering to work for them not only gains respect, but is the easiest way to gain acceptance into their village for the time being. Despite all that, they prefer their village to remain as a Centaur one - they accept any race, but assume anyone visiting is merely passing through. You'd need to be a real friend of a centaur to become a permanent resident, which is much harder than gaining entry.

Any inn a traveler may stay at will also expect similar conditions; if you stay at an inn, you don't pay with money - you help out around town. If you don't ask to help out, you most likely wont receive decent service from the establishment. Centaurs here are very chivalrous though, and very hard working. The metalwork that comes from Lamina - which they mine, is top tier. It is also a trade secret what the ingredients are for their special alloy. Trying to take their trade secret will more than likely wind up with them in a centaur's belly.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 9:52 pm

*Sees Centaur Village. Rubs eyes and makes sure it's still there. See's giant centaur village. Rubs eyes and then makes sure it's still-still there.* "Okay there's only one logical course of action to follow this momentous occasion:

*HUGS BAEL SO HARD THE CRITICAL TONE SOUNDS*

Thank you,thank you,thank you, thank you! cheers

Ahem now back to professional mode. I love how you slowly drew this area step by step begining with these lush sort of "Black Lotus" type wetlands where people want to stay so long and get so relaxed they lose their focus on their surroundings. It's a nice original landscape for Felarya and some western expansion that could bring some color and extra danger to that area of the world. Add to this you used three different areas to slowly build a exotic corner of Felarya that really is pretty too look and and is simple and functional. If Karbo doesn't put this in the wiki? I'll sue. =P Nice work, Bael.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Thanks!

Horses live in herds, and so do humans, a centaur is sort of both, there is no reason why they wouldn't live with each other, I found it only logical. The best place is just where. Horses love open areas, and the Savannah is perfect for that, as its basically an open grassy area with few trees and other things.

I've come up with varying other ideas for this western region of Felarya, but Karbo is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally particular about what sort of thing he wants in Felarya, haha. We can only hope XD

When it comes to idea building I think large to small scope is generally good, and if you can tie it in with some other aspect of Felarya it helps it flow well as a landscape.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Thanks!

Horses live in herds, and so do humans, a centaur is sort of both, there is no reason why they wouldn't live with each other, I found it only logical. The best place is just where. Horses love open areas, and the Savannah is perfect for that, as its basically an open grassy area with few trees and other things.

I've come up with varying other ideas for this western region of Felarya, but Karbo is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally particular about what sort of thing he wants in Felarya, haha. We can only hope XD

When it comes to idea building I think large to small scope is generally good, and if you can tie it in with some other aspect of Felarya it helps it flow well as a landscape.

True. Centaurs are both but rarely that's looked at much. Most think they keep these loose communities of migratory herds. I like the idea that a number of them decided that moving around all the time was dumb and got in on the city game. Also it gives Felarya another 'semi safe' province and the west can always use more what with Kerlem still a pipe dream. ^^;

Yeah. I figured that out real quick. Good way to make a Felarya idea: pure funny or pure usefulness. Best way is a little of both though while paying heed t the existing Lore I think.

Hmm I'll try that sometime, been a while since I wrote a landmass or sub area though. Well yeah! Don't want to suddenly be walking through the Tolmeshal and enter a sandbox do we? <.< I mean there's really only one terrifying logical explanation for that.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 11:26 am

Temporal Glade

The Temporal Glade is a humble label for the forest west of Lamina, and the Centaur Village. It is a filled with a slew of different trees, reaching up to the Far Lands, and down past the lakes all the way to the coast, next to the Clethaiya Wetlands. The Infinite Grotto also resides in this area. Of course, this forest extends far to the west as well, and alludes to its sheer massive size with another not-so seemingly benign twist: pacial distortion. Unlike the Mirage Forest, there is something in this land that alters perception - or possibly the forest itself. The nature of it is not so clear, but the effect is usualy the same. People who travel through it have their senses of distance and orientation mixed up. They feel as if they pass by the same trees, or see the same patterns in thing, and never get anywhere. Sometimes after days of attempting to wander west, and get through the forest, a simple trek back east will pop them back out of the forest without too much a trek at all, despite having been lost for days.

Compasses also don't help, as there is a lot of magnetic interference that distort the ability of it to successfully keep a person on track. Of course, some also may report the compass works just fine when heading back out of the forest as well. There are a fair number of small caves that wind deep into the ground, and the deeper one goes, they will find various metals, as it is quite rich in them below the surface. In fact, this forest is one of the safest from Tonorions, as some of the metal is even too strong for them to burst through, and its very dense and deep, and simply not worth the time and effort for them to be in the area. Despite the danger of getting hopelessly lost and confused, there are not a whole lot of other dangers. Though many creatures and people do get lost in the forest and never leave - it creates an artificial defense to intruders.

---------------

I had planned to write out how the ores and rocks also play games with your senses as well, adding to the reason why people get confused. Anyway, there it is.

---------------

The Far Lands

The Far Lands is a term for the general area past the Desert which encompasses quite a large area of land. It is a vast foreign area that not many people from the other side of the Akaptor ever manage to get to. Negavian Adventurers specifically don't often manage to travel there, since its too far, and too dangerous, and lugging any treasure all the way back would simply be too difficult. However, it still has its share of forests, mountains, a few lakes, and various other Mysteries.

History

The Far Lands have always been somewhat constant. However, there are energies which have been absorbed into their lands from the old days before the Akaptor Desert, which borders The Far Lands. Despite the magical energies seeping from the dome, many creatures and people still managed to live close by, without endangering their lives, but it was a very wild and primal area for a long time, even for Felaryan standards. Eventually it was left with powerful ley lines and circuits of magic underground as well, which results in a somewhat common occurence for various areas of The Far Lands to heavily mess with the senses of whoever is there.

However, there is another aspect to The Far Lands as well, located in the northern regions. As the whole area is referred to as such, "The Far Lands" also is specifically a region in the northern areas. Over the years, the energies of the Akaptor desert that did bleed out, and the influence of the magical circuits and ley lines in the area caused some distortions, and various minerals absorbed and contained the overflow of those energies. This resulted in the massive crystal towers that are peppered throughout the northern forest. They are always growing, and flower out at the bottom as well. The Crystal Tower on a nearby island is actually even taller than Mt. Litocoro! The presence of one nearby makes the land immeasurably rich in minerals and nutrients. Plants that grow near these crystals grow taller and stronger than normal thanks to their presence. However, not only are they good for the land, but are very ascetically pleasing, and elegant, shimmering in the light as one stares at them. (They make good postcards)
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 7:55 am

Pretty good ideas Bagel. I give them two thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 9:10 pm

This is something I made up just for fun. I created an abomination!

Dichazaron

Angels mindset varies, but generally speaking it is more innocent and playful than that of demons - which lends a stark contrast to the nature of this realm. Although it seems to be not quite 'in heaven' it has aspects to it, and is very much connected to the network of heavenly realms that exist. Though you would never know that this realm even exists as Angels do not speak of it. It is a source of shame for them, but one they know is necessary. It is a mix of attributes, and as one gets to the centerpiece of the realm they would note a truly massive "wall". It is not really a wall, persay, but a structure known as "Ulud-Kor". It is one giant prison, and also a gateway.

Truth be told, the way the realm functions is more of an 'in between' world, bridging a connection between Heaven and Hell. Heaven seems to access one part of it, while Hell seems to access another part of it, with Ulud-Kor in the middle. On the Angelic side one can easily feel the purity and blessedness of the heavenly realms. Though it is slightly tainted by the existence of the prison, the other side is the antipode. The pain and negative feelings one would come to expect from Hell is also slightly tainted by the mix of the Angelic presence. The prison itself, however, has a surprisingly neutral aura to it. Prisoners here are almost exclusively ones from the seven thousand year war of Tenebris. Also including many characters of varying natures, some such as defiler angels or other beings of angelic or demonic nature that have been corrupted. In the rare instance where a soul in one of the realms has wound up on the wrong side of the afterlife, and managed to be discovered in a friendly manner, may also reside here for a chance to be put in the proper realm they belong.

Though Dichazaron's great building seems to be a centerpoint between two opposing forces, and a great necessity, the Angels and Demons have creature-constructs. Mysterious netherworld golems that roam its halls, and mysterious beings of a neutral alignment that manage its facility. Due to this neutral nature, a part of this structure played a center role in the treaty of Tar'manthe that ended the Tenebris war. Angels and Succubi have a difficult time peacefully cooperating with each other after all, and because the aura of the realm doesn't properly align itself to their given territory, they rarely travel here, and are ashamed of its corruption or defilement. Any normal inhabitant of either Heaven or Hell will never find out about it.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:39 pm

Any takers? I'm brewing up another idea, but would appreciate some comments or critiques on this. I think we should take this opportunity to expand on this section of the map.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 8:03 pm

I just got through it all the other day and was going to comment...just got too tired. Ugh. Sorry. Ahem let's see if I can remember it all:

Firstly I really liked a 'Centerpoint' for both heaven and hell in the form of a prison. Very cool and a original addition to the lore rivaling even Pazamal's awesome originality! I think it's a good solid addition cause it sounds like a place only the foolish would want to visit unlike most places in Lydus. I would love to see more decriptions of what it looks like there. Is there a mix of angelic and demonic gaurds? What does a cell look like? Just a giant sized Alcatraz look-a-like or does each cell contain a multiverse worth of endless empty space? Something in between?

Now on the Far Lands which honestly I have to say I love,love,love what you did with just the images on Karbo's grid map in the new areas he hasn't even hinted at what he may do really. I think this'll give him allot of material. The Temporal Glade sounds like it fits the wonderful sense distortingness that Felarya has given Adventurers with it's upside down waterfalls, slow spots and other odd physics defying phenomena. ^_^ Buuuut this:

Mara's Favorite Snack wrote:
Compasses also don't help, as there is a lot of magnetic interference that distort the ability of it to successfully keep a person on track.

That's just a natural effect of Felarya from what I remember. Radio Signals and compasses get screwed with on a daily basis. Also we have these things called Guide Orbs to help with that:
The Wiki wrote:
Guide Orb
A very useful artefact to have in Felarya, Guide Orbs basically replace the compass, which doesn't work in Felarya. Its purpose, as its name suggests, is to guide travelers through the wilderness of Felarya. The orb itself is about 25cm in diameter, and has rotating sections covered in runes. Each rune configuration corresponds to a different destination. Most orbs are rented, but they will be sold to experienced customers who have the knowledge required to use them. The orb guides by sending out a beam of magic light, usually about 10 meters long. It deduces its location through triangulation from the locations of magical landmarks, like the Isolon Eye or the Ur-Sagol Dimensional Gate, guiding the user with decent accuracy. The orb must be used cautiously though, as it emits a surge of magic that can attract creatures possessing the "Predator sense". Your best bet is to turn it on, estimate your orientation and then turn it off.

So maybe re-word it to say it even messes with Guide Orbs and other Compass-like artifacts and tech? *Shrugs*

The Crystal Forests you described were quite nice. I think it's a neat backdrop if you picture an adventurer walking amoung these serene Crystals instead of just the hungry jungle we normally see. <.< I imagine allot of predators of the zone like them as well.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 10:37 am

Thanks for commenting, guys!

Yeah I forgot about the guide orbs. I'll have to mess with them...muahuehuehue.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 8:05 am

Great job at coming up with all those ideas fo the west Razz
The temporal glade is one I particularly like ^^ The idea is simple in itself but gives the region a particular and unique kind of danger :3

jedi-explorer wrote:

Ahem now back to professional mode. I love how you slowly drew this area step by step begining with these lush sort of "Black Lotus" type wetlands where people want to stay so long and get so relaxed they lose their focus on their surroundings. It's a nice original landscape for Felarya and some western expansion that could bring some color and extra danger to that area of the world. Add to this you used three different areas to slowly build a exotic corner of Felarya that really is pretty too look and and is simple and functional. If Karbo doesn't put this in the wiki? I'll sue. =P Nice work, Bael.

XD Well I'm not entirely sure yet about having that particular village but I do agree that West of Akaptor desert should be a region with many centaurs in it  it :3  And the trait of them forming hard-working communities seems to fits the race well too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm

Karbo wrote:
Great job at coming up with all those ideas fo the west Razz
The temporal glade is one I particularly like ^^  The idea is simple in itself but gives the region a particular and unique kind of danger :3

XD Well I'm not entirely sure yet about having that particular village but I do agree that West of Akaptor desert should be a region with many centaurs in it  it :3  And the trait of them forming hard-working communities seems to fits the race well too Smile

Thanks! I was trying to make the whole area fit together. As for the centaur village, gotta start somewhere. C: I dunno I think it goes perfectly~
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:07 am

Orthos Dridders

Orthos Dridders inhabit the lands far to the west past the Akaptor Desert. They have large bodies and strong agile legs built specifically for movement. This makes these Dridders to be overwhelmingly fast compared to the rest of their arachnid cousins. In addition to that, it is not all that unreasonable to see one make jumps or lunges. Their webs are built in a peculiar fashion which has many fine silk threads to be beautifully arrayed in criss-cross fashions overhead. These transparent wire-like threads are incredibly strong, and often attaching high enough to capture many flying predators. Any fairy, or even harpy or other flying creature which comes through the canopies will quickly find themselves tripped up. The Dridder then uses its speed and agility to lunge at and capture its prey before they can retain flight.

The rest of its web is made close to the ground with a tunnel-retreat built into the surrounding vegitation. However, what makes them even more astounding is the decoration on their carapace and legs. The crystalline objects that tower around the forest in this region has somehow influenced the Dridders natural armor, which is angled and ridid with a particular gloss that refracs light to make it look like their entire body is covered in a crystal substance. This is also due in part to actual crystals being embedded on their body as well, usually in gorgeous ring shaped patterns across its Thorax. Its spinnerets are also a bit longer than normal Dridders to account for its unique web-laying abilities.

Despite their obvious carnivorous tendencies, they are otherwise quite peaceful, and are not as prone to aggression. They are more isolationist. However, their bodies are built in such a way that prevents them from successfully gaining nutrients from any plant life. It gives them stomach problems as their bodies are physically incapable of digesting those kinds of nutrients, making meat their only option.

p.s. I imagine they'd enjoy "web art" Razz

Toraeus Dridder

These Dridders are smaller in proportion to the rest of their cousins, with powerful legs used for burrowing. They usually have darker, or reddish skin as well, making people think they have more in common with demons than Dridders - even though that is completely false. Toraeus Dridders are also relatively stretchier, with more flexible muscles allowing them to eat larger prey than other Dridders. Their primary place of habitation is the Akaptor desert.  The Dridders living there have adapted hardened muscle supported systems on the exterior of their legs, which can help them vibrate extremely rapidly, allowing them to dig and burrow through sand, not unlike the ability of Tonorions to burrow through ground. However, despite this, they do not often make underground homes beneath the sand - but prefer the more rocky and arid areas of the desert instead. It is common to find them near an oasis, rock formations, or some places along the sandy desert plains as long as there is some sort of rock supporting the sand from underneath. Their webs are less spindly, and are woven together like fabric, making it exponentially more durable, and easily able to withstand the weight of sand or rock. Their bodies also rely on moisture as well, and are prone to periods of hibernation to save energy. Their web network may possibly stretch through large areas of the desert, sensing vibrations acutely, allowing them to accurately tell where prey is to hunt and survive far more efficiently. However, the most successful and Dridder-ridden places of the desert will always be near the rocky crags and cliffs within the Akaptor desert, with deep caves, filled with webbing...

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Fascinating! Here I thought Dridders had enough sub-species honestly but then you put these two out here and my mind is already awhirl with all the OC ideas you can get from these two. I especially like how each as a balanced special ability based on the body type and another on the webbing itself. Very clever, Bael! Also you filled in two slots on the West that needed it. Masterful work, sir! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks! Edited a part of the desert Dridders as well, giving them darker skin, maybe horns.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Seraphim

The Seraphim is a class of Angel that resides in the uppermost circles of the Ceiciel society. There are many rumors and legends around these powerful angels, and their leader is a complete enigma. They roam the highest planes of Heaven, and are only sent into a world when its under extreme threat of being destabilized or destroyed before its appointed time.

They have a natural, magical phenomena which revolves around a popular legend. Stories mention of angels with four heads and eight wings. Each head is a different creature, one of which is human-like. However, this is both close and far from the truth at the same time. Specifically, these angels show these faces and wings as illusions, or after images. The main body of the angel looks like a normal angel with just two wings, but in certain circumstances three additional after images may separate from the main body, one hovering on the left and right sides, with one above and behind. Together all eight wings are shown, with the three heads on the bodies of the after images. Each head on each of the other three angels is a different animal, representing a personality trait. A brave seraphim might have a lion head, a curious or adventurous seraphim might have a bird head. Different animals represent different personality traits of one who is brooding, serious, funny, lighthearted, or anything else. The dominant personality trait is always the head on the right, and the angel is not always showing off the other three after images.

These after images may also be perfectly solid, or somewhat transparent. It is determined by the angel herself, and it may join the seraphim in combat - or it may not. How these after images affect the angel is only known by the beings themselves, but these 'after images' are definitely part of the main body. Regardless, these angels are extremely powerful, above all other angels, are not to be trifled with.

----

p.s. I imagine a light hearted Seraphim would be extremely unexpected, and in some ways, more worrying. XD
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 9:29 am

Marzaba Scorpisai

The Marzaba Scorpisai are a different variety of the traditional standard Scorpisai. They prefer arid to forested regions as opposed to desert or rocky areas (but some do live in desert areas), and are known to be in the regions west of the Akaptor desert such as the Ivokan Svannah and Lamina. Like traditional Scorpion Kind - as they are sometimes called, they have a similar looking body with their arching tail and eight legs, though with a large black body complimenting their humanoid torso. This results in them being larger overall than all other Scorpisai.

Due to their large nature it is assumed that they have a much more dangerous toxin in them that they can sting with, but this rumor is unsubstantiated. They in fact have quite the mild toxin, though it is still dangerous. Their muscle density is tougher, and are much stronger than they look. They hide, and ambush. This also reflects how they live, which is in deep burrowed caverns that they usually make themselves. They tend to live in smaller groups with each other throughout the western regions. Like many of the creatures they are reclusive, and tend to lurk. Marzaba Scorpisai tend to interact most with the local Chilotaurs and have an unexpectedly good relationship with each other, given both of their reflective species habits are somewhat isolationist.

Marzaba Scorpions can also be hyper-aggressive when approaching their territory. If one pops out of the ground, don't expect them to give up the fight - it is even more of a death sentence than meeting a hungry Naga or a Dridder, because they will not bother to give up the chase or even to stop to talk. Due to their arachnid carapace they have mild magic resistance, but unlike the kind of pure insects, making combat with them still quite difficult. However, it is fairly easy to spot their territories, as Marzaba Scorpions are excellent at carving out of stone. Making statues and other objects from rock is a staple of their culture. There are some statues littered throughout their territories representing their deities. Sometimes highly decorated pillars will be nearby, resembling a kind of Totem. Underground burial caverns are usually always carved from stone, and are very artistic. They prefer what one may call a more "bold and strong" design.

Pale Scorpisai

These Scorpisai look wildly different than the darker shades of the other Scorpisai. Where the other's have black or brown or dark carapaces, Pale Scorpisai have green ones! They hide within the forest, and grow thick hairs on their exterior of their limbs which resemble grass when they crouch down and hide. They also have mediocre sized horns, which are frequently used for headbutting. These scorpion do not burrow, though.

They live as close to the surface as they can, and are far more tribal in appearance than their kin. This is due to their habitat locations being near caves or dense areas of trees, and take brush and foliage, and wood - whatever they can, to build their habitats. These habitats usually are circular in shape using the base of trees as the center pillar in their structures, and camouflage their homes to look like part of the forest or scenery, like large bushes around the base of trees. This is also due in part to their size being smaller than that of their nearby Marzaba cousins. They rarely tread into each other's territories, but aren't inherently hostile to one another, though they tend to see each other as being a different species, with the Pale Scorpisai being slightly more racist in that regard.

They also tend to favor ranged combat of melee, and are fantastic archers, very good at sensing their prey or opponents and where they will be. This leads them to be highly accurate. Their interaction, ironically enough, is more friendly toward other species than any other kind of Scorpisai. One is far more likely to manage to strike up a conversation with the Green Ones, instead of being either fled from or attacked.

Pale Scorpisai are a very oral based society. Songs and stories and information of all kinds are passed down by word of mouth. The exception is papyrus, made from native plants close to the marsh and even some in the forest. They tend to also worship the same pantheon as the Marzaba Scorpisai.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 6:17 pm

The after images with the Seraphim to solve the issue of mutiple wings was clever and I like how they are described and how if a Seraphim was fighting a horde of demons their own after images might just sit back and watch. xD Traitors!

I really liked the Marzaba Scopasai! About time they had a sub-type. I actually have a Jungle Scorpasai but I never thought of her as seperate species. I almost went to amend her bio to use them as a base but she's purple, not black. <.< Hmm have to debate that latter but for now I love their stone work being part of their culture and how they make huge stone pillars like totem poles. I imagine that would be quite a frightening sight for an adventurer to be wondering the Savana and then bump into this beautifully, but feircely, carved looking pillar foretelling their doom. Worse yet for a clumsy centaur who happened to knock it over! XD

The Pale Scorpasai are just a wonderful in a variety of different ways, particularly their home building techniques of building around a tree. I imagine a sleepy drayd awakening and finding she had been turned into the support pillar of somebody's hut. XD I imagine that would be a interesting conversation.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 4:18 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
The after images with the Seraphim to solve the issue of mutiple wings was clever and I like how they are described and how if a Seraphim was fighting a horde of demons their own after images might just sit back and watch. xD Traitors!

I really liked the Marzaba Scopasai! About time they had a sub-type. I actually have a Jungle Scorpasai but I never thought of her as seperate species. I almost went to amend her bio to use them as a base but she's purple, not black. <.< Hmm have to debate that latter but for now I love their stone work being part of their culture and how they make huge stone pillars like totem poles. I imagine that would be quite a frightening sight for an adventurer to be wondering the Savana and then bump into this beautifully, but feircely, carved looking pillar foretelling their doom. Worse yet for a clumsy centaur who happened to knock it over! XD

The Pale Scorpasai are just a wonderful in a variety of different ways, particularly their home building techniques of building around a tree. I imagine a sleepy drayd awakening and finding she had been turned into the support pillar of somebody's hut. XD I imagine that would be a interesting conversation.

No, the afterimages would definitely fight in that situation. If its a one-on-one fight, however, The Seraphim's after images might not fight, though. It may also depend on training that the specific seraphim has.

Also, purple is fine, I suppose. Dark skin/carapace is what's important. On the other hand, if you DID see a giant totem carving, you'd know its their territory, and to back your rear out of there. Or you might think its a ruin if you're not as knowledgeable in-world.

As for the interaction with the Dryad, that's a very clever adaptation of where I was going with it~
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Omolon Grasses

Omolon is a special kind of grass found commonly within the savannah of Ivoka. They blend in with the grasses that grow in this particular biome, with the exception of having particularly wide "mouths" at the top of the grasses head. It looks faintly like an elongated cone, similar to a weed of some kind. The peculiarity with this, gets even stranger with anyone passing through large fields of omolon grass. The reason due to the grasses sucking out the sound waves and feeding on them. It creates an incredibly silent area, and verbal communication is completely impossible in here, as well as hearing anything else as well. The soundwaves are then passed through the grass stalk, and somehow fed upon, creating large bulbs beneath the ground, which can actually be harvested as root vegetables. When the root vegetables are picked and cut open, they let out a whine.

----

If creating a trap, someone can link a cord or string to some kind of lever or pulley maybe, which would pierce the surface of the root, and let out sound. It could possibly be used as an alarm, but I was a bit unsure about that idea.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 8:15 pm

Mara's Lunch wrote:
No, the afterimages would definitely fight in that situation. If its a one-on-one fight, however, The Seraphim's after images might not fight, though. It may also depend on training that the specific seraphim has.

Ah so each after image is sentient? Nifty trcik. Not even seen that in an anime unless you counted Bleach. Certainly not to that degree. So if one demon attacked the Seraphim the after images might sit back and watch but if she called in reiforcements they'd be smart enough to intervene? Leads me to ask what would happen if the main Seraphim was killed? Would the afterimages solidify or fade away?

Mara's Dinner wrote:
Also, purple is fine, I suppose. Dark skin/carapace is what's important. On the other hand, if you DID see a giant totem carving, you'd know its their territory, and to back your rear out of there. Or you might think its a ruin if you're not as knowledgeable in-world.

Hmm she was pale skinned but she would be cute with darker skin and I could always use more ebony or mocha characters in my pale and slightly tanned armies. XD All comes down to knowledge I suppose...and foolhardiness. Cause even Tam knew? She'd charge on ahead eager to meet a new giant pal or two. XD

Mara's Desert wrote:
As for the interaction with the Dryad, that's a very clever adaptation of where I was going with it~

^////^ Well I try to be clever and seeing the next step is something I pride myself as a writer and decoder of writing. Sides it's cute! I'm gonna look into writing that now. XD Or drawing it....or both! =P

Mara's Brunch wrote:
Omolon Grasses

Oooh sounds rather useful for obvious reasons but I wonder if with magic if you could extract the sounds captured and put Omolon Grass into a potion to restore one's voice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next