Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

His first steps.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

His first steps. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:40 am

((Well, I assume your characters wouldn't want to follow the dridder who plans on eating them, so if you'd like, you can relieve yourself of having yet another RP to reply to by dropping out of this one. If you WANT to keep posting, though, um.. You could work on Jen trying to free Oma, maybe have a bit of character dialogue to fill up space; I dunno. >.<; ))

Last edited by Irrelevant on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:44 am

Oma sighed whistling a small tune to herself, Jen sighed shaking her head

"ok ok I'm going to go after that dridder, see if I can get to her to free you"

"you sure thats wise?"

"well what choice do I have I'm not strong enough to tear that stuff off and your magic isn't that developed"

"I see what you mean...just.......be carefull and come back safely"

"I will" Jen says kissing Oma on the top of the head, effectivly coating the smaller girls head in saliva, she shook her head running in the direction the dridder had gone off in.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:56 am

"Oh, there are plenty more," Lula said to the human. "Some even bigger than me. You really have to watch out for those, because they won't watch where they walk. And it can be if you don't correctly choose where to live. I heard there's this one city that no predator can get into." She scratched the back of her head, trying to remember the name of the city. "I can't remember the name of it, though." Her stomach began rumbling a little again. "Well, at least your proposition involves food. Don't tell me what it is yet, though. I like surprises."
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:08 pm

"Ah, damn.. I can only hope that they're as willing to hear me out as you are, even though you did attack me on sight- but I'm not mad at you for that; we all have to have some sort of sustenance to survive, and yours just happens to be, well.. Me. I can't be mad at you for that. As for that one city, if you could point me in the general direction of it, that would be fantastic. Obviously I wouldn't want you to come with me since I don't want to risk you getting harmed in any way. As for the proposition, well, if you insist. As for the tour, well, um.. What's that thing down there?" Eraiya asked, pointing about five stories down from where he sat on Lula's thorax, wondering what that.. Thing, was. Whether it was a plant, an animal or a person was a bit difficult for him to tell at this height.

((Meh. The "thing" can be whatever you want it to be. You're not the only one who likes surprises.))
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:01 pm

"They probably won't be," Lula said to Eraiya. "Most predators I've known think of nothing but food. If you really want to try and befriend other predators, bring some other people with. And I'm sorry I planned to eat you. I'm just a little hungry, as you've probably heard already." She rubbed her stomach a little when she said that. "That city... I'm not really sure if it DOES exist or not. I've only heard stories of it. But I've also heard it's protected by magic, so maybe you can use some of your magic to find it. I think that's how magic works..." She trailed off, trying to figure out how magic really did work. When she looked down to try and see what her tour companion was looking at she heard and felt a squish. As soon as she did notice it, she shivered, obviously grossed out. "That is... That WAS a Saslenoth. I absolutely hate those things. I've heard they're edible, but that's coming from the same people that tell me about that one city... NEGAV! That's the name of the city they talked about! I'm pretty sure of it anyway."

((Whenever you want to end the tour, just say so.))
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Getting a closer look at the.. Er.. Squished remains of what was a now-deceased Saslenoth by creating a small portal in front of his eyes with the accompanying end close to its remains, he had to close it off almost immediately, thanks to the horrible smell it was giving off. "Damn, I can see why you don't think they're edible- do they smell that badly when they're alive, or did it just smell that bad because it had its guts hanging out? Hmm. Oh, and do you think the smell of blood might attract anymore predators? If so, what can we expect to see? As for other predators thinking of me as nothing but food, well, I seem to have developed a niche for talking my way out of situations like that over the centuries- occasionally having to resort to forming portals for my own safety, of course. Annnd as for bringing other people along with me, I don't really know anyone else- neither here on Felarya, nor back on my home planet. The only people I have any portals linked closely to are- ... Um.. Well, that would take awhile to explain, so I'll just abruptly change the subject by mentioning that if Negav exists, I guarantee you that I will find it, no matter how long it takes me. As for the city itself, what else have you heard about it?"

((You can end it in your next reply, if you'd like.))
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 am

((Alrighty then.))

"They smell awful ALL THE TIME," Lula said, still grossed out. She began walking again. "I don't think blood will attract any other predators on land. But if we were in water, it most likely would. But if it did, you could expect Nagas, maybe some elves, other Dridders, not to mention carnivorous animals. Well, the animals might be attracted to the blood, but not THIS blood. Saslenoths disgust everything but other Saslenoths. Talking might not always help you. Some predators don't pay attention to what their prey can offer them while they eat. But I'm smart." She tapped the top of her head a couple times. "Why settle for one small thing right now, when you can have more things soon after? And the city... I've heard it's indestructible, and it has a huge wall surrounding it. That's about all I know about it, though. Maybe if a human or something that's been in there comes by we can ask it."
They made it back to the area with the trapped elf, and Lula stopped. "Where's your bigger friend?" she said to the still trapped elf.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:17 am

Oma squirmed stil lagainst the silk holding her to the tree, she blinked looking up at the dridder "what? she's not with you she went after you so you'd get me out o this thing she's looking for you right now!" she says struggling to get free.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:49 am

"Ahh, that explains all of that. And I'm quite glad to hear that at least you're willing to hear someone out before eating them, even if others aren't. I'll have to keep that argument in mind for future use; "Why have one small thing now, when you can have more things soon after?" Who knows, maybe that'll help me avoid some rather unpleasant deaths. As for the city, that sounds great- the larger it is, the the more quickly I'll be able to find it." Once they'd come back around to where the smaller of the two elves was located, Eraiya began using that binocular-esque method of looking around corners, as well as looking around great distances in a short period of time in the hopes of finding her- luckily, due mostly to her size, it was only a matter of seconds until he managed to find her. "Um.. She appears to be over that-a-way," he mentioned, dispelling the two portals and pointing in Jen's general direction. "Well, thanks for the tour, Lula- would you like to hear my offer, now? You kept your end of the bargain by not attacking me anymore, so the least I can do is uphold my end of things."
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:41 am

"I'm sure you'll make plenty of big friends with that," Lula said, giggling a little. "That is, if they choose to listen." Lula began turning around, trying to find where Eraiya was pointing. It was a little hard for her to see behind her and tell where the human was pointing, so she just looked around until she spotted the elf. "Yes, please. I'm pretty hungry, and if you still want to save these elves tell me, because I'm thinking about eating the smaller one while she's still trapped down there."
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:46 am

Jen sighed turning round she spotted the dridder agin, strolling over to the group. Oma gasped she was suddenly wide eyed at the dridders words, she squirmed doing her best to escape "no no no you can't eat me I.....I'm.......I'm not very tasty" she says laughing nervously.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:35 pm

"Right, because that excuse works 99% of the time, and doesn't the other 1% of the time. Oh, wait- I have that backwards, don't I?" he asked down to the elf, smiling to show her that he wasn't trying to be a sarcastic ass; he was only joking. Glancing back up at Lula, he finally told her, "Well, alright. Long story short, what if I said that I could contact you once or twice a day to see if you wanted anything to eat, regardless of where I am on this planet? There are many billions of humans on my home planet, and of those billions, I'm sure that at least a few million could disappear without anyone asking too many questions- the absolute worst criminals, people without families and so on. It wouldn't be any trouble at all to keep a portal set in a close position relative to either one of your ears, and check up on you every now and then to see if you could use a free meal. In return, all I ask is that you make no attempts to harm myself, or anyone that I like. You don't have to protect me, or the people I'm fond of- all I ask is that you choose not to attack us. Does that sound fair, Lula?" Lying down against her thorax, he appeared to be staring blankly up at the treetops as he awaited a response from Lula, and a possible reply from Oma, if she had anything to say in response to his comment towards her a few moments ago.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Lula thought over the proposition for a moment. "I think that's a pretty good deal," she said to the human. "I might help you and your friends out every now and then, depending on my mood. But I have a couple of questions first. Do you like these tasty looking elves?" She asked, pointing at the smaller elf and smiling a little, adding the tasty looking comment to play with the elves. "And if so, how soon can you bring some people from your home planet here?" Her stomach let out a rather loud growl.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Oma still squirmed trying to get free, she was annoyed at the dridders choice of words but didn't let on. Jen groaned slightly moving next to the two "hey are you going to let my friend go now?" she asks the dridder an annoyed look upon her face.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Completely misunderstanding the question, Eraiya laughed for a few moments before replying, "Heh, no, I- I don't think I like those tasty looking elves; I quite prefer to eat foods that are more commonly eaten on my home world, thank you." It seemed that he interpreted the question as, "Do you like them in a "I wouldn't mind eating them" sort of way?" Replying to her other question, he answered, "Ahh, one sec, I'll show you exactly how- but first, close your mouth, and hold perfectly still. I don't want to risk accidentally cutting off your tongue or uvula, if you have one. Now.. Let me think.." It was always much, much easier to create portals in places that were within eyesight, but he figured it would take about five extra seconds to bring one into existence within Lula's mouth without looking right at it, and his other option, simply moving up onto one of the branches above their heads, then asking her to open her mouth so he could see inside it, would also take about five seconds. So, once he felt the portal spring to life inside her mouth, he carefully positioned it against the roof of her mouth, then began to try and find that one portal he'd placed near a human penitentiary made for harboring dangerous convicts, just by thinking about the general location, and "feeling" where it was with his mind. After a few seconds it seemed he'd found the right place, for a few seconds after this, a random inmate would find the ground dropping out from underneath them, giving way to the dark, warm, moist confines of Lula's mouth. "Does that answer your question, Lula?" he asked with a grin, waiting for her to finish her meal- or would a single adult human only be more like a snack to her?- before asking her anymore questions.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Lula was about to respond to Eraiya when he told her to stay still. She did as she was told, not wanting to risk any sort of magical backfire. After a moment she felt something land on her tongue. She immediately swallowed whatever it was, guessing it must have been someone from the human's home planet that was brought by the human's magic. "That was pretty good," she said to the human. "Can you give me more than one? Or can you only bring one to Felarya at a time?" She almost forgot about what she was going to say to the human before the snack, but then remembered when she looked down at the elf girl that was trapped. "Oh yeah, and I meant if you wanted me to free the elf or if I could eat her, not if you'd want to eat her. I doubt humans eat things their own size. But if you can give me more food I might as well free the elf."
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 pm

"Oh! Oh, right, yeah, that makes much more sense. Yeah, sure, go ahead and free them, please- they seem nice enough, and every world could use more nice people. As for another human, yeah, one sec- now that I'm a hundred percent sure that that portal in your mouth won't accidentally hurt you in any way, you should feel another human in your mouth in about, oh, say.. Now seconds." Yes, yes, "Now" isn't a number; that was just his silly way of saying, "You should feel that person's cellmate dropping into your mouth right about now." A few seconds later, assuming she had swallowed him, Eraiya asked, "Will two be enough to keep you sated for now? It might get suspicious if more than two prisoners disappear from the same prison in one night, and I want to cause as little trouble as possible for my home world."
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:55 pm

"Oh, alright, I'll free her," Lula said to Eraiya, a little disappointment in her voice. Before she bent down to free the trapped elf girl, she waited for the next human to enter her mouth, and when she felt it hit her tongue she swallowed. When she heard what the human said next, she was almost disappointed, but the fact that she now had some food in her belly outweighed the disappointment. "Yea, they'll do for now. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble next time you go to your home world." She bent down to free the elf girl, putting a finger in a small gap she found and ripped the web away. "Now get out of here before this human changes his mind," she said to the elves, turning away so she couldn't watch them leave.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:01 pm

"Heh, as if I'd change my mind," he found himself mumbling quietly, continuing to stare up at the treetops, unable to get something off his mind. Was it something about the strange new creatures this world had to offer? Was it something about what would happen when the guards realized that two cellmates had disappeared into thin air on his home world? Did he just like staring up at the humongous leaves and branches towering far overhead? It was a little of all of the above, but most prominent on his mind was this "Negav" place. All he knew is that it sounded friendly towards humanoids like himself, and that it had huge walls. That should make it easy to find, right? Then again, if the trees and size of the beings here were anything to go by, how "huge" was "huge" in this world?

Turning his thoughts and attention back to Lula and the elves, he announced, "Well, it's been a fun first ten minutes on this planet, and I can't wait to learn more about it- but the way I explore sometimes requires me to be by myself, and finding a city such as Negav on a planet I've never been on before, well.. This is definitely one of those cases where I would find it much, much more quickly if I were on my own. Lula, it really was a pleasure to meet you, and I'll be checking in on you from time to time to see if you'd like any free food, as per our arrangement- but please don't use that as an excuse to grow lazy and stop hunting altogether, alright? Heh. You elves down there, um.. Well, try not to die. Maybe we'll meet again one day; who knows. In any case, I won't hold you up any longer- this is where we part ways. Goodbye!" All at once he appeared to melt right into Lula's thorax, disappearing from view. Where he went, who knew- but if you must know, suffice to say that it was fairly far away, and definitely out of eyesight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: His first steps.   His first steps. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

His first steps.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: