Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What lies beyond the portal?

Go down 
+3
Riverman
Irrelevant
Mortis
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:14 am

Seline was walking towards scout, as she heard Kain talk about the shelter she was using and turned to look at him. "Bah. Lighting fires won't confuse anything but animals. A sentient predator will sense us before they smell or see us. Our best chance is to simply run for it, seeing as the shelter is only about 200 yards away" Seline walked the last bit over to Scout and bent down. "I can get you free, but it might be quite painful if you aren't used to freezing temperatures. do you want me to do it?" she asked.

(we should wait for irrelevant i think)
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 am

(Irellevant left the group remember? He didn't stop when Scout called him so he could be anywhere by now. Carrying on wouldn't leave him out.)
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:29 am

(it's not so much as Eraiy left, as irrelevant hasn't responded yet. irellevant hasn't even been on the forum since he made that post. so i still think we should give him a chance to catch up before we progress too far.)
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:56 am

(Fiiiiine with me. Someone should PM him, though, or email him, or something.)
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:42 pm

(Sure sure I'll do it. As I'm pretty sure i know what he's doing. He tends to get a bad sense of distraction sometimes.)
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:23 am

Well he did set up his character up. so he could plausibly comeback. Its not like you can't run into people more then twice. He said go on ahead with out him.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 am

(Alright. But it's your turn, Doc, or it ought to be.)
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:36 pm

(it is)
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:40 am

Scout finding it hard to move and irritated, made her slightly off track in-mind. she barely notice Seline offering to free her. "Do it fast. I wanna know where that lousy excuse for a soldier is going before The ladys magical Aura Disperses. Then we all run..." When she was done talking, she began to calm her body from movement so the slime wouldn't infest anymore of her body. "if u can, do it fast." she said in a dry and logical response.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 am

Seline looked at scout for a second before placing her hands into the slime, still looking at scout. "Remember that i warned you. so don't start screaming or yelling at me afterwards" She diverted her gaze to the slime now and a wave seemed to emanate from Selines hands. The slime quickly started freezing from her hands and out in a circular pattern, with a similar pattern of evaporating ice following in its wake. The whole thing didn't last a second, but ice well below 80 °F had swept across scouts body.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Kain eyed the slime-covered woman with a little pity. He had just completed carving a few sticks of wood with intricate, repeating, symmetrical patterns. Kain reached into a pouch on his belt and pulled out a gooey substance, promptly sliding it along the grooves in the wood and filling all the hollowed portions. "Well, they might be smart enough not to fall for misdirection, but that won't help them from falling for traps..." He got up from his seat and moved away from the group, and examined their surroundings, looking for routes the predators would be likely to take if they were out to follow the group. It took a minute to get some good spots down, and then he returned to the group. "If we can get a head start, then I think we'll be able to keep enough distance to make it through safely." He produced another bag from his larger dufflebag, and set the wood inside it for easy of carriage. "How's it coming along with slime girl?"

Last edited by Kain on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 am

Elsewhere the three mercenaries materialized inside a spacious Victorian style house. Andile turned to Kale and Evellic with outstretched arms. "Welcome to my home in the Dridder Forest. Your friend Steve will explain what's going on as soon as he arrives with that other guy. In the mean time, make yourselves comfortable and don't touch anything. I have intruders to deal with."

With that she rushed out the front door. The thick fog around her parted as she headed to where the intruders were spotted and stopped when she saw a crow perched on top of a high definition camera. Just then a slime covered mike fell out of one of the trees and she looked up just in time to see a human hand disappear into a podmaw. "Those were the reporters from the Negav Eye who were going to interview me! Bad Podmaw! Spit them out right now!"
Back to top Go down
http://cellthirteen.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Mortis continued to watch the perimeter as Seline worked to get Scout unstuck. If something really was out there, it wasn't going to wait for long. He turned to Seline and saw that she had started to freeze the slime that Scout was covered in. It would probably work, but time wasn't something they had at the moment.

"Hurry it up with the freezing thing! The sooner we get to that shelter the better. I don't feel like dieing today. After all, I just got here."

All of a sudden, the silence seemed to reach a whole new level of quiet. The birds stopped chirping and the sound of the wind dissapated into nothingness. He frantically looked around in all directions.

"I got a BAD feeling about this..."
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm

"OH yes please do. As I'm pretty much ready to shoot something because of some Novice soldier decided to run off...Gees I'm going to have his head after this." She said in a distasteful tone while cringing a bit As the Ice started to Form over her body. She was used to this back in her dimension. This very experience was similar being to cryo sleep when going out on a long venture in space,taking it more as a standard procedure then pain.

After hearing of Kain and Mortis talking, She too took sudden notice of the silence that was feeling the atmosphere. By thought she knew that if the other life was starting to shut up at that moment, then they were definitely scarred of something. With the probability of something bigger then themselves, which wasn't too vague to not think on,since its Felarya after all.

"please hurry up. flash ice me or something, we're about to meet trouble sooner than i can count a coin falling from my hands." She said to Seline while scanning the jungle for the slightest movement.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:08 pm

With everything ready, Kain decided to get things on the road. He held a hand out to Scout to help her up, for starters. "It's already gone, probably jus' still feels cold. Anyway, that's everythin', so we better get movin'." He turned to Seline. "Lead the way."

Last edited by Kain on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 pm

(sorry but could you all read the parts in my last post that states, that the slime evaporates right after being frozen, and that it didn't take a second...)
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 pm

(oh, okay, so she finished in that first post. herp derp derp. I'll edit my post.)
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Its been about 2 weeks since the last post. This thread is starting to look dead.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:00 pm

(sorta waiting on doc to revise or re-post...)
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:53 am

Kain wrote:
(sorta waiting on doc to revise or re-post...)
(Mortis as well)
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 am

(now wait....why is it my turn. i followed the order Kain went right after me and that's where it stopped. its Mortis or rep that need to go next)
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:28 pm

((
Reptillian wrote:
(sorry but could you all read the parts in my last post that states, that the slime evaporates right after being frozen, and that it didn't take a second...)

That's why. We had to revise our posts because we both did them incorrectly. Rep's char got you out in one post. Lol.))
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:36 pm

(Ok lets try and sort this out. Lets just say that Scout is free now. If we all misread your post Rep then we are sorry but lets try and get the ball rolling again okay?)

Scout was free. That was good. The trees ahead were shaking violently. That was BAD!

Just then, a MASSIVE Tonorion suddenly exploded into view. It had a shiny red carapace and was about 110 feet long. It was so long in fact, that it curled its entire body around the area of the group before they even knew what was happening, cutting off their escape.

"Oh thats just great." Said Mortis with a sarcastic tone. "I wondered how long it would take until I died here. I just didn't think it would be within a day of my arrival."

He turned to the others as the Tonorion began to close in.

"Anyone got any bright ideas? Because now would be a good time to have one!"
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:10 am

"Well, jus' one..." Kain dropped the bag and picked up two of the circuited logs, lighting their tips with the flame of the campfire. The flames seemed to travel immediately through the structure of the wood. Kain flung both at the head of the Tonorion, and a curious thing happened. The magically enriched space of Felarya super-charged the process within the logs. What was supposed to have been two simple speed-heated explosions became a pair of triple chain-reactions. The logs exploded once from wood, a second time from the mix of wood chips and vapor off the logs, and a third from the surrounding atmosphere around the first two explosions.

Kain himself was momentarily frozen in awe- this was more than he'd planned for. He checked his bag. "...Three lef'... Maybe we can make a break fer it if we keep poundin' i'..." He grabbed the bag, and prepared another long in his free hand. "Help'd be nice, folks."
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:31 am

Kain had barely finished asking for some help, as an unusually large hammer of ice, slammed into the side of the Tonorions head with a resounding 'THUD'. "Will that do for helping?" Seline asked in a sarcastic tone and threw another two in quick succession.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What lies beyond the portal?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next