Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer

Go down 
+3
Doc
Anime-Junkie
FalconJudge
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 pm

I notice quite a few of us here play Warhammer and Warhammer 40K... discuss this here.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Required watching.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 am

oh yeah this game! all of us in the pad use one army we got from a friend (Imperial guard) Pro painted. we don't what kind it is, we're gussing mechanized but we have like 3 Baneblades and alot of elite Kasrkins XD
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 am

This thread makes me wonder something. Assuming felarya didn't have gaurdians, do you think that a chapter of Space Marines could purge the entire planet/dimensional plane?

BURN THE HERETIC!

KILL THE MUTANT!

PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:11 pm

its takes 100 to clear a whole system. so....its debatable but they will be heavily recognized.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Required watching.
If only it wasn't the fucking Ultras. EVERYONE loves the Ultras... although if they actually trained a little more self-sacrifice and valiance into their captains, the damn Nightbringer would be dead and there'd only be one active C'Tan. I mean, come on... the Salamanders, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars... ANY of those. Just not the damn Ultras.

I'm more of an Inquisition fan, and sometimes Imperial Guard. SMs are cool and all, but a Baneblade is cooler.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
Required watching.
If only it wasn't the fucking Ultras. EVERYONE loves the Ultras... although if they actually trained a little more self-sacrifice and valiance into their captains, the damn Nightbringer would be dead and there'd only be one active C'Tan. I mean, come on... the Salamanders, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars... ANY of those. Just not the damn Ultras.
Agreed. But the Ultras are the showboys... Almost every newbie to 40k chooses them.

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Baneblade is cooler.
Always.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 2:29 am

Hmmmmm. Sisters Of Battle on Felarya = Awesome
Back to top Go down
http://cellthirteen.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:17 am

The only issue I have with Space Marines is that anything that centers on them tends to paint Guardsmen as a bunch of namby-pamby idiots who fall to Chaos the second they get a look at Slaanesh's transgendered dick-boobies. Rolling Eyes And that isn't the case, but I doubt anyone's going to actually mention the likes of Lord Solar Macharius, the Catachan Jungle Fighters, the Vostroyan Firstborn, or the Tanith First-and-Only. And that's not even mentioning the Inquisitors, who are pretty much the only people in the Imperium who are allowed to have brains, since they have to be more crafty than Eldar, more cunning than Chaos, and more unrelenting than Necrons or Orks. If you ask me, it's Inquisitors who are the REAL peak of Humanity, not those addle-brained Ultras.

And what in the Emperor's name was this shit about "and the greatest of them are the Ultramarines"?!? Last I checked, the Dark Templars could probably pwn some Ultras in head-to-head combat. Just because the Primarch of the Ultras wrote the Codex...
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:32 am

If anybody feels like playing the Sisters of Battle in an RP feel free to let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://cellthirteen.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Mortis wrote:
This thread makes me wonder something. Assuming felarya didn't have gaurdians, do you think that a chapter of Space Marines could purge the entire planet/dimensional plane?

BURN THE HERETIC!

KILL THE MUTANT!

PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
If it weren't for the Guardians?

... Depends on logistics, just what gear the Chapter can bring, and the Chapter in question. Black Templars, full chapter with naval support could probably just mob anything in their path as smaller naval craft are used as RKV's for areas of heavy resistance. Salamanders and their love of anything that burns would be pure evil, especially those squads with a Melta Gun or, worse, MultiMelta (They're miniature fusion weapons, for those unaware, and we've got fancy stuff from the latter including stuff like liquifying bunkers and carbonizing those outside power armor who made the mistake of standing too close: A Giant Predator slapped by one of those would in the very least be heavily injured and burning).

Meanwhile, something like Flesh Tearers with only direct combat personnel take about as long as it takes something that can't be killed by Chainsword / Eviscerator to come across them (well, not quite, but they aren't exactly known for their quality or resources).

ZionAtriedes wrote:
The only issue I have with Space Marines is that anything that centers on them tends to paint Guardsmen as a bunch of namby-pamby idiots who fall to Chaos the second they get a look at Slaanesh's transgendered dick-boobies. Rolling Eyes
Mostly because it's one of the most effective / easiest (and copping-out) ways to portray just how "good" / powerful Space Marines are. "How do we show these guys are super-human?" "Put them next to regular humans, have the regular guys fail."

ZionAtriedes wrote:
And that isn't the case, but I doubt anyone's going to actually mention the likes of Lord Solar Macharius,
Alexander the Great... IN SPACE!

ZionAtriedes wrote:
the Catachan Jungle Fighters,
From a planet where you invert the size-to-lethality ratio of Felarya.

ZionAtriedes wrote:
the Vostroyan Firstborn,
Know about them from the Medusa Campaign, but never really read much fluff on them (yet).

ZionAtriedes wrote:
or the Tanith First-and-Only.
It ends with Larkin putting a hotshot between the eyes. I don't care what the problem is, that's the solution. Well, that or Gaunt sticking his power sword in it or - depending on what point in the series - Bragg showing up with a pair of Autocannons in his arms.

ZionAtriedes wrote:
And that's not even mentioning the Inquisitors, who are pretty much the only people in the Imperium who are allowed to have brains, since they have to be more crafty than Eldar, more cunning than Chaos, and more unrelenting than Necrons or Orks. If you ask me, it's Inquisitors who are the REAL peak of Humanity, not those addle-brained Ultras.
Most people don't even think Ultras are the best Chapter. Just GW's marketing at work (I think Space Marines are their biggest sales source).

ZionAtriedes wrote:
And what in the Emperor's name was this shit about "and the greatest of them are the Ultramarines"?!? Last I checked, the Dark Templars could probably pwn some Ultras in head-to-head combat. Just because the Primarch of the Ultras wrote the Codex...
Dark Templars? You mean Black Templars? Dark Angels... let's just say their Primarch has his name for a reason.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Malahite wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
Dark Templars? You mean Black Templars? Dark Angels... let's just say their Primarch has his name for a reason.
Tyyyyyypo! That, or it may have been because I was reading the second Space Wolf Omnibus and they had Dark Angels in there around the same time I was playing with Black Templar in the DoW FoK mod, and I got 'em mixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer
Page 1 of 1