Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nekomata

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

Nekomata Empty
PostSubject: Nekomata   Nekomata Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:02 pm

A neko subspecies idea I had based upon the bakeneko/nekomata of Japanese folklore.

------------------------------------
Nekomata

A subspecies of neko, they are for the most part found within the evernight forest where several tribes exist. Physically they resemble the typical neko morphology save for a few differences which include paler skin and hair, a more slender build, and their most distinguishing physical trait, as well as their most interesting one, the possession of two tails instead of one. These tails are slightly longer than a normal neko's, and function just as well.

Nekomata are excellent climbers, even amongst neko standards, and often build their villages within the treetops. Another trait is their ability to produce "ghost fire", a skill that comes naturally to them. They have great control over this, being able to simple able to sprout tiny flames from their fingertips to completely engulfing their bodies. The flames neither produce heat nor burn, but can be a good source of light as well as an excellent ward against ghosts and spirits as it affects them as a normal flame affects a corporeal being. Nekomata can use this flame to "mark" areas, after which the ghostly fire will linger on for several hours before eventually dying out. Finally, most nekomata have the ability to sense the presence of spirits, even making out their outline in some instances. Highly skilled nekomatan shamans further this natural ability, being able to talk to the recently deceased through practices that they refuse to share with outsiders.

Nekomata who leave the tribes in order to live in cities such as Negav or Nekomura are often employed as mystics due to their natural spiritual abilities.

A rumor has arose saying that Nekomata have the ability to shape-shift into a feline form, though it appears to be nothing more than an urban legend. Those that believe it, however, tend to view the nekomata with a great distrust due to the dangers they could supposedly hold.

Last edited by Jasconius on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Nekomata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekomata   Nekomata Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 am

It's a nice idea here Smile
I especially loved that ghostfire one ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Nekomata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekomata   Nekomata Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:56 pm

i must say i particularly love those nekomatas ^^ im even higly interested XD are their yours or its a free species for felarya?
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Nekomata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekomata   Nekomata Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
i must say i particularly love those nekomatas ^^ im even higly interested XD are their yours or its a free species for felarya?
I know I can't speak for Jasconius, but I believe that as far as usage is concerned all ideas are property of their creator until stated otherwise. But I'm sure he'll let you use them if you ask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

Nekomata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekomata   Nekomata Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Just noticed these replies, but everything I post here is meant to be free for everybody to use unless I state otherwise, which I doubt I'd ever do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nekomata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekomata   Nekomata Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nekomata
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Humans and Nekos-
Jump to: