Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tell me you can't laugh at this

Go down 
+3
dlausactor6373
Anime-Junkie
Doc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

tell me you can't laugh at this Empty
PostSubject: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Well...A my roomate misty (AKA ravaging vixens) got a PS3 a month ago. i was looking for a game that got good reception to buy. Getting a little off tracked, i went off in the news section.

Coming upon this poll

And couldn't stop laughing for a long while. i mean some of these choices and match ups are just flat out hilarious to read. specifically the one in the link. Just priceless how the result came out XD.

anyways look around and see if your favorite villain is winning/losing or already on to the next round.

Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:43 pm

Ah yes. This has been on 4chan's video games channel (The Vidya) a lot.

The reason General RAAM is won that is because they all voted for him, just to see Sephiroth lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:41 am

Darth Malak vs. Giygas. Giygas lost.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...?!
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:41 am

dlausactor6373 wrote:
Darth Malak vs. Giygas. Giygas lost.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...?!

My thoughts exactly... :\

Who in their right mind would not vote for Giygas?
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am

People who haven't played the game.

I tend to ignore these unless shenanigans are going on, since they are highly inconclusive. The more recent games' character always wins because a lot of the older people who have played the game with the better (and older) villain just don't bother with this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 am

Sephiroth lost! There is justice in this world.
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Hey! I actually LIKE Sephiroth as a villain! >> Even if they totally messed with it in the movie and ended up placing him in kingdom hearts to please fan girls>< But he was a very good villain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 pm

nightgolem wrote:
Hey! I actually LIKE Sephiroth as a villain! >> Even if they totally messed with it in the movie and ended up placing him in kingdom hearts to please fan girls>< But he was a very good villain.

I apologize big brother, but he wasn't a villian until the end of Crisis Core, asleep till near the end of Final Fantasy VII and appeared for about 3-4 minutes in Advent Children.

But in other news... how in the hell did TEAM ROCKET, the Incompetent TEAM ROCKET defeat Revolver Ocelot(Granted his intentions were Good, he was still a greater Villain)?

And how is Ganondorf, the King of Failure defeating Albert Wesker!?

Last edited by Daejien on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Daejien wrote:

But in other news... how in the hell did TEAM ROCKET, the Incompetent TEAM ROCKET lose to Revolver Ocelot(Granted his intentions were Good, he was still a greater Villain)?

The /vp/ board on 4chan (them again lol) decided that they were going to take Team Rocket as far as they could but eventually came up against a /v/ backed villain and lost
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 pm

lol those guys are screwing up the votes majorly. they did it with kain too
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Daejien wrote:

I apologize big brother, but he wasn't a villian until the end of Crisis Core, asleep till near the end of Final Fantasy VII and appeared for about 3-4 minutes in Advent Children.
He was actually a very good villain for FF7, in all the other games he was in after it his character had been warped and played with.>.> Thus while it was 'Sephiroth' it was actually just them wanting to use the basics of his personality and his appearance to please fans for all games he was in after FF7.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Gannondorf, the King of Failing MID-GAME, beat Wesker. This is contest fails and reeks of fandom.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:29 am

I guess the reason a poll like this would fail is that every single gamer is attached to a character.

When that character loses, they'll quickly comdemn the poll as inconclusive and the voting as biased. i.e. When I saw how badly Giygas lost, I called bullshit. Of course, I think Earthbound is a fucking masterpiece and may God have mercy on the souls of anyone who says otherwise, so I'm extremely biased.

What I'm saying is that when a villian you like loses, you're gonna call bullshit. Everyone has a favorite entry that's gonna lose, and therefore, everyone's gonna call bullshit eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:31 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
I guess the reason a poll like this would fail is that every single gamer is attached to a character.

When that character loses, they'll quickly comdemn the poll as inconclusive and the voting as biased. i.e. When I saw how badly Giygas lost, I called bullshit. Of course, I think Earthbound is a fucking masterpiece and may God have mercy on the souls of anyone who says otherwise, so I'm extremely biased.

What I'm saying is that when a villian you like loses, you're gonna call bullshit. Everyone has a favorite entry that's gonna lose, and therefore, everyone's gonna call bullshit eventually.

But when it's undeniable fact that Giygas can only be defeated through prayer, and you wouldn't see Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith, praying anytime soon, then it just becomes a joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:11 am

AisuKaiko wrote:

Aisu, there is a difference between picking favorites. And comparing what the two have accomplished and calling fail because the lesser of the two wins. I hate both Gannondorf and Wesker, but at least I can admit that Wesker is the more evil of the two.

Also to bring the Team Rocket/Revolver Ocelot argument back. I don't like either. Team Rocket are incompetent fools. Revolver Ocelot is one of the biggest jerks on the planet. But Team Rocket who basically merely capture pokemon and train them to be "evil" or sell them, yet don't hurt a single person, are not evil. Revolver Ocelot tortures people for a living. He turns their lives into a living hell, and such is the greater evil. However Team Rocket won.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:58 am

Ah, yes, the Gamespot polls.

I personally witnessed 4chan's involvement in this. It was quite a flamestorm that brewed up. There were entire communities devoted to kicking Sephiroth and Kefka out of the competition, and there were others who wanted to keep them going to make the Final Fantasy haters cry. From there everyone just started trolling eachother.

You guys don't know how close the RAAM v Sephiroth one came down to. For 6 hours the gap of votes was only 300 pieces large. But once RAAM won, the entirety of Gamespot erupted in tears and fanboy rage. Oh, it was delicious.

However, all of you have to keep in the mind the true mastermind behind this.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:45 am

Pendragon wrote:

Spoiler:

:O

:O:O:O

tell me you can't laugh at this Robot_10
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 am

Wildthing wrote:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f23/14/93/92/84/robot_10.jpg
I see where that came from...
tell me you can't laugh at this Iseewh10
Anyway, as I said before, ignore these polls, unless funny things are happening. The internet can't decide that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell me you can't laugh at this   tell me you can't laugh at this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tell me you can't laugh at this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Off topic discussion-
Jump to: