Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homebound

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Kain would've asked why, but at this point, it was pretty damn obvious that was going to bring more trouble upon him than necessary. "Try Negav" was all he'd say. With a shrug, he turned back to the porthole and began examining the group that slowly crept further and further into view. Seemed like they were trying to flank the Mac, although they were still too far away to be worth nothing. Kain was more curious over why they hadn't been eaten yet...
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 pm

CLONE decided he shouldn't press the subject if Mortis didn't want to continue speaking about it. But he also wanted to know more about everyone, so he decided to change the subject of the conversation. "If we are going to be on this mac vehicle for a while, we might as well be acquainted. Do not bother telling me your names, I already know. My name is C57-" he stopped himself suddenly and cleared his throat. "My full serial number of a name is lengthy, and it would be a hassle to repeat it multiple times if only small parts of it will stick at a time, so instead you may call me CLONE. If you could give me any more information on what to expect in this Negav, that would be most helpful."
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

i'd like to join.
---------------
name: Rai (from Raikonagi, meaning ruler of electricity in his language)
race: half raikonagi (a type of lightning elemental)
weapon: Mazike (sword)
eyes: electric blue
hair: electric blue
height: approx. 5'6"
----------------
Rai watched the fast moving object going by. Hmm...this object is puting of a powerful energy signature...he said standing on top of a large rock formation. I'll bet i could get a ride on it, he said, jumping to intercept it and land on the top.

Last edited by sparkythechu on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:42 am

Well CLONE, I haven't been to Negav many times and I haven't stayed long enough to really give you some info, but all you need to know is that Negav is the bloody capital of Felarya!" Exclaimed Mortis with a grin. "Its one of the few places that are truly safe from predators and if you want to buy something, it has the largest market in this world. However, watch your back if you walk through the streets alone at night. Thieves are extremely common in the more run down areas."

(As for Sparky joining, its your call Kain)

Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 pm

(( I don't mind Sparky joining, but seeing as forum rp's are slow, I'm gonna request you make for it with putting more content into your posts, sparky. A full paragraph per post, at least. Also, sparky, we're in a sandy desert.. and there aren't any trees here, unfortunately, so please revise your post. I'll post a reaction from the passengers and others when it's fixed. ))

"Yeah, tha's pretty much it. Magic's a bit more common 'round there, and the place is run by mages n' sorcerers n' shit. Jus' like home, only not as bad." He scratched the back of his head, and shrugged. "I don't like it, to be honest wi'cha, but it's better than nothin'." He glanced outside. His eyes went a little wide with surprise. "Uh... you guys seein' what I'm seein'?" He pointed outside the porthole.

They were men on horseback, the figures on the horizon, and they were coming in fast, as fast as one could on a horse. That wasn't the problem, though. The problem was what they were luring in behind them. A gigantic sandworm, perhaps sixty feet in length, was tumbling and slithering after them. Through practiced tactics, they managed to play a successful game of keep-away, and seemed to intend on continuing this all the way up to the path of the Mac.

Mick glanced to his right, happy-go-lucky as ever. He shrugged and turned away, nothing out of the ordinary. Wait, was one of those dunes moving? Were those people on horses? There were horses here? Wait- that wasn't a dune, that's a- "Jim, a'think it's time t' soun' the alarm."

"Soun's digiddy, Mick." Came the voice of Jim. And then, that same voice spoke over the intercom in the Mac. "Attention, y'all. Some big, ugly worm-thing's chargin' our way. Guards, get ready t' do some shootin'. Anyone else that can shoot, pull down yer fuckin' windows and take aim. Oh, n' buckle up!" And just like that, the voice went away, and panicked preparation ensued.

Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:39 am

CLONE peered out the porthole and noticed several people riding horses and something that appeared to be an overgrown worm was following them. CLONE turned back to face Kain. "If you were seeing a large worm and several horsemen, then yes. I'm seeing what you're seeing." CLONE could care less about them for now. Unless they got in the way and could hamper the progress of the mac, he'll ignore them. Once they do, though, he'd send them flying one at a time with a mere thought. He heard the one known as Jim over the intercom, and watched as many of the passengers began running around in a panicked fit. He simply followed the instructions and buckled up. There was no reason to panic if these were trained professionals that were about to deal with the situation. He had no means of opening fire upon the ones outside so he left the window untouched.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 am

Rai landed on the M.A.C. and noticed a large group of people luring a large sand worm-like monster towards them. Well, looks like i gotta fight for my ride. Mazike, are you ready? He seemed to have gotten an answer for he then drew his sword. We haven't had a good match in a long time, he said with a grin. OK, OK. I'll be careful. I'm just gonna have a little fun, he said pulling down a pair of what looked like an electric blue pair of goggles from the top of his head. Nagi's missing out on all the fun.

Wait...there are people IN this thing? Damn, I'll have to avoid getting them caught in the middle. I should know by now that nothing's ever easy here.

Just then the guards opened fire on the worm. Well, at least they can defend themselves, he said to himself. But it never hurt anyone to have one more person fighting something like that, he said happily.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Rai would experience a strange feeling atop the Mac. In the very front and at points along the center, he would feel the least bothered, but anywhere else felt like a whirlwind or vortex of energy, moving unbelievably fast, and draining away at his energy at an unhealthy rate. Standing on top of the Mac in anywhere but the very center could prove fatal to the health of an elemental being. If were to get off, he'd best do it fast.

And, indeed, the two guards opened fire with their large, strange rifle-like weapons. They appeared to be super-sonic bolt guns working on a railgun concept, for a sonic boom followed each shot. When a bolt struck, light would run up from the head, as if from the victim itself, and when the bolt was fully lit, it would explode and fragment into the victim, and anyone unfortunate enough to be nearby. Some of the horsemen were already falling to the attack, but it couldn't have been more than ten.

The handlers commanded their slaves to join in, and so they did. Slaves stood up and pulled open their portholes, raising their own weapons, similar in concept, though smaller, and fired bolts a quarter of the size. When they struck, the bolts lit up with light from the victim, but these smaller ones seemed to pump the blood of their victim out of the body.

Kain also got out of his seat. " 'Scuse me, gotta help." He opened up his porthole and swung around his weapon, one of similar design and dimensions to the guards' weapons. "So, anybody wan'a take a guess as t' where the vitals on this thing're s'pose t'be?" He looked down the ironsight and aimed for the worm, not the people.

Last edited by Kain on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Hmm...he said. The worm is coming here rather fast, he said jumping towards the worm. These new shoes i got are a life saver, he said, noting how they not only protected him from the heat but from also the effects of the sand. Magically insulated, what a great idea.

He dodged gun fire as he headed towards the worm, sword drawn. I just hope that they don't hit me. If those guns hit me, i wouldn't stand a chance, he said with a hint of fear. He jumped into the air and narrowly dodged a shot that then hit a rider. Well that was close, he said slightly panicked. I'd better be more careful.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:24 pm

"Who's that maniac trying to be a hero out there?" Jason peered out a porthole and found himself nearly spitting at the scene. "Foolhardy idiot. This will cut down on damage to merchandise, though-"

He spoke too soon, as horsemen from the back of the pack emerged, riding with crude anti-vehicular weaponry. The equivalent of a basic panzerfaust soared at the Mac, impacting the sand and exploding as the Mac passed. It shook the vehicle, but not much else. Shouts came in a foreign language, and more horsemen loosed their rpg's on the Mac, raining terribly inaccurate, but frighteningly numerous explosives all over them.

Kain cursed their luck. Cartesians were well versed in armored technology and personal barriers, but Macs were just transport vehicles, they didn't have that kind of protection. Thus, he turned his aim onto the approaching rpg's. "Don' let those things hit! We're gonna see some serious shit if we get hit."

"Shut up!" Jason pointedly shouted right into Kain's ear. "I give the orders around here! Alright, everyone shoot down the stupid bombs, I'm going to die over your incompetence!"

Micky D. lit a cigar and drove on as if this was all normal. He passed another to his invisible friend, Jim, who thanked him from wherever he was hidden. And then, they engaged in the most uncomfortable of evasive manuevers a 60+ passenger vehicle could.

"A'love this part!" exclaimed Mick, as the front of the Mac was lifted by an explosion, causing it to do a wheelie.

Jim responded with a "Yeehaw!"
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Throughout all the chaos Mortis was simply sitting and admiring the weaponry of the passengers, while holding on for dear life as the MAC performed a wheelie. Those weapons were truly magnificent in their craftsmanship. It was clear that they were more than just welded metal, they seemed to be powerful magic objects aswell. He watched the new blue haired stranger dodge the deadly blasts and felt helpless. CLONE wasn't getting involved but he was sure he had good reasons. Everyone else around him was doing something so he decided to help in his own way.

He found an unoccupied porthole and peered out of it. The riders were firing their rpgs at the MAC and that bloody massive worm just kept getting closer. The riders seemed to be more of an immediate threat at that moment so he would concentrate on them. He tensed his right arm and began to form an attack. The air swirled in fiery bands around his arm as he gathered his energy. Then, leaning out of the porthole, he pointed his arm at the riders and, with a vengeful cry, unleashed a storm of jet black balls of fire that superheated the air as they flew towards their unfortunate targets. He was aware that there was a possibility that he would hit the foolhardy hero charging the worm, but Mortis was confident that he wouldn't hit him.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:11 am

CLONE felt the large vehicle doing a wheelie. "If another blast hits the right area, this vehicle will most likely topple over," he said, mostly to himself. Focusing his mind on what was the top of the rear of the vehicle, he did a basic psionic push on that point with just enough power to tip it in the right way. He then unbuckled himself and looked for the nearest available window. He opened it and leaned out a little. "Primitive explosives being shot at the mac. This could be most problematic." He noticed a couple coming towards the mac and, using his mind, stopped them both in midair before turning them around and launching them back at the ones that were firing them. "Assuming they have more ammo for those weapons, this will be, as some people have been known to say, a cakewalk." He kept a lookout for any more incoming explosives, his mind ready to grab them.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:42 am

Rai kept dodging the attacks from both sides as he ran towards the group, sword drawn. when he got to the first ones, he quickly eliminated them, and kept going. Heh, these guys are weak, he said, having just raised his score to 10. I hope that worm is more of a threat, he said with an air of excitement. After all, if it's not difficult, it's no fun.

He jumped into the air, firing a bolt of lightning in his path. 22 down, a lot to go.

He finally got to the worm and jumped on top of it. Hmm...I'll start here, he said, slashing the worm repeatedly near what he guessed was the head. This, however, seemed to have little effect on it, and he was forced to jump off and think of a new plan.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:19 pm

( -snip- due to double post, sooorry )

Last edited by Kain on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:21 pm

It became obvious things weren't going as planned when the sandworm went and turned on the horsemen, shoveling a pair into its mouth and sucking them inside like a vacuum. The men screamed in horror shortly before disappearing. The sandworm itself felt Rai's attacks, but it didn't even flinch. The beast was wild and raging for a full meal. However, when it felt the presence of the Mac, it treated it not as food, but as competition. The wild worm raced passed the battle and began gaining on the Mac.

As for the horsemen, they stopped raining hellfire on the Mac, and turned their weapons upon Rai, who'd made a joke of them. A few RPG's and basic assault rifles were pointed his way and fired at random. The combination would make it hard to stay still, though none of the weaponry was very accurate.

Thanks to CLONE's actions, the Mac had avoided further damage. However, the passengers and guards were now flipping a shit because the giant worm thing suddenly started gaining on them. To think, it was holding back the whole time. Mick hit the pedal to the metal as the Mack suddenly accelerated another thirty miles per hour in a few seconds. Passenger vehicles really weren't supposed to pull these sorts of stunts.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 am

Well, this may not have been my best idea, Rai admitted. I'd better retreat for now. Rai began whar would look like teleporting but upon closer inspection would be revealed to be very high speed bursts back to the M.A.C. while dodging the horsemen's attacks.

He landed on the top of the M.A.C. in the middle. All the swirling energy gave him an idea. That might just work, he said, starting to charge up the energy. This thing's energy wil give my magic a boost, he said, holding his right arm out. I've got to move fast. this thing's draining my energy, he said, showing his elemental side. His hair and eyes were almost glowing, and his right hand's burn (a dark black burn covering his whole arm up to the elbow and then spliting into four parts that spiral around his arm once while thinning until by his shoulder they stopped and end in four points) started to glow a dark black. This has got to work!
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 am

(( I'll let Mort and Boris post before I go again. ))
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:14 am

Mortis cradled his now numb arm and felt a little dizzy. He peered out of the window again and saw that a large percentage of the riders were now dead, dying or worse. However, the worm turned its speed up a notch and seemed to come rocketing towards the MAC. The blue haired hero had strangely disappeared.

"He had probably been eaten by the worm." He thought, as he turned around.

Mortis tried to get back to his seat but all of a sudden the MAC leapt forward at an alarming speed, causing him to be sent flying. His head impacted the wall with a sickening CRACK! He slumped to the ground unconscious as blood trickled onto the floor.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:24 am

CLONE noticed the large worm was now coming at the mac at a faster pace, and the one that was on top of it had now left. He began to focus his energy on the large worm creature when he felt the vehicle suddenly greatly increased its speed. He was not prepared for something like that and didn't have enough time to make a sort of psionic cushion on the edge of the window. The impact with the side of the window made him lose his breath along with the concentration on the worm, and he heard a loud noise that sounded like bone being smashed against a wall coming from somewhere beside him. He pulled himself back in and looked around, quickly noticing the one known as Mortis was unconscious on the floor. He stared for a moment, not knowing what to do because he was never trained in first aid, before turning to the one known as Kain. "I assume you know some forms of first aid," he said. "I believe this one needs some medical attention, and judging by the blood coming from his head he needs it quick." He turned his attention back to the worm, focusing on what he assumed was its head and pushed with all of his psionic might to slow it down. Something that big would be damn near impossible to stop with only his psionic skills, and he knew that. But he could slow it down at least a little.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Whoa, did I do that? Rai questioned to the air after the M.A.C. suddenly gained speed. I hope not. That could be very, very bad for the passenger, he noted to himself. By this point he had amassed enough energy that the air was discharging small sparks of black and purple lightning. Very soon, I'll have enough to hopefully toast that worm, he thought to himself, not wanting to waste energy on talking. Just a little more and I'll be ready to go.

Mean while the few remaining horsemen must have noticed things were going from bad to worse, given that not only had the people in the M.A.C. returned fire, some of their own shots had hit them, a strange psycho had killed no less than 25 of them, and the worm had started to attack them, but that psychotic kid had lived through all their attacks and had gotten on top of the M.A.C and was charging up one hell of a magic spell, for they started to spread out.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Kain had a lot of experience with high-speed vehicles on off-road environments, especially the jerkiness that would come from these close encounters. He was in a position fixed enough to avoid serious damage, and managed to keep firing through it. Of course, he had another problem: he was out of ammo. Kain cursed their luck and fell back into his seat.

When CLONE asked him to fix up Mortis, he was annoyed more than anything. Mort should've known better. Well, fuck it, better not let an ally go to waste. Kain removed the empty cartridge of bolts and searched for a new one, a special one. Finding it, he slammed it into the bolt rifle and slung the gun over his back. "Fine, I got 'em." He bent down and tended to Mortis.

The wound looked bad. A crack to the skull... the best Kain could do was stop the bleeding, apply some ice, and wait for things to calm down. He retrieved some bandages and tried to hold Mortis in place while he bandaged the man up. Kain pulled out an ice strip, another Cartesian medical innovation, and applied it in between the bandages. It would keep things cool for the man and thus keep the pressure in Mortis' skull from building up.

Meanwhile, the guards were also at a loss. They were going through ammo fast. The weapons were usually only used as deterrents against monsters, but with those horsemen getting mixed up, they were now low on ammo. A few words were exchanged between the two guards, and they both began disassembling their guns, swapping the blocky barrels with another set of thick, stone-like, cylindrical barrels. Once primed, these barrels lit up with faint, arcane magic. They took aim and began firing slow, delayed, but potent blasts of charged arcane missles.

Meanwhile, Mick and Jim were driving straight, rarely swerving, for such things were difficult at high speeds, especially without dampening. The Mac had lost a very small amount of speed from the energy Rai was now borrowing, but that hardly made a different, as the Mac was still, if only barely, keeping it's distance with the worm. They were rambling and arguing and throwing colorful language back and forth. To anyone else, it would've probably just sounded like two hicks having a blast. The idea probably wasn't far from the truth.

And the worm? Oh, the worm, it was a'chasin' yet. When it got too close, CLONE's psionic attack would throw it off, and it would slow down for a split second and lose a few hundred feet, but that was all. Each arcane missle had roughly the same effect. A flinch, a twitch, a swerve to the wrong direction, but nothing permanent. Though it was covered in scratches, burns, cuts, and small, torn up craters of flesh and carapace, it wouldn't stop. This was no sentient, reasonable creature that knew when to let things be. The beast just kept at it, it wasn't going to give up until the other predator was dead, or out of its territory. The worm was slowly moving in from a sideways-approach to a position directly behind the Mac, and if that happened, it would limit the area that everyone could fire from, although the few that could would have clear shots.

As for the horsemen, well, retreat was the only sane option left for them. The attack had proved a major bust thus far. So, retreat they did.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:54 pm

CLONE did not stop. Every time he felt the worm was getting a little too close, he would use a psionic push to keep it away. After a short while though, he noticed it was attempting to move out of the way. It was progressively positioning itself directly behind the mac, making it harder for him to focus on it and use his psionic abilities on it. He moved his focus to a point on the side of the worm to somewhat persuade it into a direction to the side of the mac and gave a psionic push. Not having much hope for that working he moved to the rear of the vehicle and looked around for either a window to peer out of or a type of ladder to climb to help him get a better view of the worm.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:19 pm

CLONE's efforts in shifting the worm's direction seemed to put more distance between the worm and the mac than his earlier attacks, but they didn't do more than that. CLONE was in luck, though. The rear had both a large, sliding window, and a ladder that led to a sliding door. The door had a lock, however, but the window was open, technically, from being shattered during the earlier RPG barrage.

Last edited by Kain on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Rai noticed the strange person climbing up the side. Maybe if we live through this I can meet this person, Rai thought. By this point, Rai had accumulated quite a lot of energy. Large electric blue, black, and purple lightning discharges were all around him. He was almost glowing. If this doesn't get rid of that damn worm, nothing will. He raised his right arm, aimed his hand towards the worm, and prepared to fire. Time to rock.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:42 pm

---OOC---

Alright, Rai, since you're attempting something epic, I will roll fate for you (DnD system, I'd like to think it's fair). A fate roll is a roll out of 100 against another roll out of 100. The first roll will be the 'For' roll, representing your attack. The second roll will be the 'Against' roll, representing the worm's defense and resilience. If you win, that'll be a KO for the worm. If you lose, I will roll a 1-6 to decide how much damage you do to the worm instead, and use that to determine how much longer it can keep up its pace. If you roll a 1, that's a tragedy, and ends very badly for you. If you roll a 100, that's a miracle, and, well, you'll see. All rolls will be conducted via http://www.random.org/ . Sound good? Okay, let's do this.

---ROLLS---

FOR Rai: 66

AGAINST Rai: 46

SUCCESS.

---ROLEPLAY---

All the struggle up to this point had somehow proven to be worth it. The spectacular show of lights that erupted from Rai's arm and flew into the the worm, hitting it spot-on in its head. The charge was strong enough to bypass the electric resistance of the worm's skin and travel several times through its body, completely shutting down its nervous system and sending it into a jittery frenzy that was felt across the the dunes as mild, repetitive thumps. In a few seconds it was over, and the form of the worm disappeared into the horizon, still and unconscious.

It was finally over.

Typically, this sort of thing tended to incite celebration and cheer, but the fact of the matter was that no one had gained anything. They'd wasted ammo and energy, taken damage, and somehow managed to stay alive. There was a mutual sense of relief hanging in the Mac, but nothing more.

Micky took this opportunity to gradually slow the Mac down to a manageable 40 mph and let everyone recuperate. He and Jim exchanged a few words, and he passed Jim a new cigar. The two gentle sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed another victory for the Big Mac.

Kain was a little disappointed that he didn't get to try out his plan, but with things finally settling down, he managed to give Mortis some proper medical attention. He spoke with a few of the other slaves and they rounded up some proper healing technomagry for Mortis. With that done, he headed over to CLONE with a confused interest in the ridding of the worm. " 'Ey, what happened t' the worm?"

Meanwhile, a more medically experienced slave then began working on Mortis with the equipment they'd gathered. Kain's quick thinking had helped prevent a lot of damage, and the slave seemed optimistic about Mortis' condition. He'd probably be awake soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homebound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homebound   Homebound - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homebound
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: