Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awkward (REWRITTEN!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Empty
PostSubject: Awkward (REWRITTEN!)   Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:11 am

Mist and cool wind marked the entrance to the Chordoni waterfalls. Thunderous crashing and the melodies of emerald phoenixes rang across the area in which seemed a never-ending competition. The sky was constantly thick with wildly diverse birds, coming and going between the trees. Freshness and sweetness of ripe fruit tinged the very air. Sunlight bathed the waters below, leaving them crystal clear. Sparkling glittersquids peppered the surface as they fed and interacted with each other, adding an alien quality to this enormous paradise. They quickly scattered as a large shadow loomed over them, and hands plunged on the trembling river.

Grendel cupped as much water as he could gather, and then brought his hands to his mouth for a big gulp. His burning throat appreciated it. He had been hunting all morning, and he really needed to take a break. How fortunate that he had stumbled upon this place! As he stood on the edge of the river, he lowered his human half and reached down for another drink.

His eyes went to the scarred bruise on his right forearm. That fight with those kensha beasts had been just a few days ago, yet his wounds weren’t healing as fast as he wished they would. That bite in particular resisted to disappearing completely, and Grendel felt moody just looking at it. So much he risked….

Oh, quit it already. He had to think positive. Clear his mind. He kneeled down on the muddy grass, and, sure enough, he submerged up to his shoulders in the icy water. He stood up again, water droplets flying everywhere as he shook violently. Much better. Maybe he should settle in here for a while, wait until his hide had shed all the scars. He could try catching some of those squids too, they sure looked tasty.

A strange feeling suddenly crept down Grendel’s spine, and he looked around himself, absolutely rigid. What the….was he being watched??

He looked down at the river again, and purple eyes stared at him in the crystal clear surface, as they always did. Only, those weren’t his. He looked behind him

“Hey there, hunk!”

Those words had barely finished, and the squamataur had already scrambled to the side, tail raised and claws stretched and teeth in display for the attack. But the figure didn’t strike. A naga, smaller in size than Grendel, but certainly older. Her skin was a light purple, and along with her almost-white hair it seemed to have a wet shine to it, probably from the humidity. Her snake half, with scales between blue and white and gray, dragged her tail across the ground from side to side, in an almost impatient manner. She was quite beautiful, he had to admit. And…well…voluptuous, too. Even then, he still refused to lower his guard, ready for anything. Yet she still looked at him with an amused little smile.

“Oh relax, relax! I’m not going to eat you or anything!” She laughed softly, and then started slithering in a circle around Grendel, seeming to study him as she went. “Though you do look quite yummy…maybe a bit on the chubby side, but…and all those scars, hmmm….”

He snorted at that, which only gained another giggle from her. She stopped at the water’s edge and started washing her hair, casually, as if he wasn’t there. Grendel crossed his arms, annoyed. “Who…are you?”

She looked at him slyly, letting her long hair hang off the side of her face as she did “Me? Who are YOU? I live in these waterfalls, you know. Allll this whole place is my little home! And if a stranger goes and storms in…”

“Got thirsty” Grendel simply answered bluntly enough. Who was she to scold him?

“It’s okay, honey” She once again said with laughter. She swung her head just a bit, making her now-dry hair arch against her back. “The truth is…I don’t really mind getting visits” She slowly approached Grendel, rather confidently “Because I get so lonely around here….” Even closer now. “…and it’s really boring to play alone…” She put a single finger in his chest, running it along the sternum “…don’t you think?” Such a sensual smile she had. And the way she stared at him, that gleam in those deep purple eyes…

…and right away Grendel pushed her away with one arm, this expression of utter disdain in his face. The naga appeared genuinely surprised for a moment, but that changed back right away.

“Oh my….that was new” She said softly, and then her voice grew even throatier than it was a while ago, thought the feeling of mischievous amusement wasn’t going anytime soon. She slithered forward just a bit “What’s wrong, hun? Don’t you want to try something this gorgeous? It’ll be worth your while, I assure you…”

But Grendel stomped the ground, and she was stopped on her tracks once again.

“Stay. Away.” He growled “I know how your ilk works. You think I’m another spineless fool? I’m STRONG! Your tricks won’t work on me!!”

There he stood snarling so menacingly, fists clenched and tail oscillating side to side, ready to pounce if he needed to. And yet the naga didn’t seem too impressed. She raised an eyebrow at him, crossed her arms as if truly disappointed, and sighed.

“You’re scared, aren’t you?”

“What?”

“I can see it in your eyes, boy. Life hasn’t been good to you, has it? You’re angry….so, so angry. Hatred for everyone, hatred for everything in the world, and hatred for yourself, even” While she talked she slowly slithered towards the squamataur, certainly ignoring his previous threats like one ignores a rebellious child. “So bitter, so stressed you are, so wrathful towards the world that cradled and abused you. And, also….afraid of being hurt”

“Shut…up…” Grendel was mumbling between his teeth, anger growing within him slowly but ever so steadily. This woman….how could she do this? What did she know about him? What right she had??

And yet….perhaps she had a point?.

“I’m only offering you that break” The naga continued, and this time she wrapped her arms around his neck, almost lovingly. Her ample chest pressed against his. “Make you forget all that for a little while, take away your little pains. Simple as that, you see…” Her tail now slowly coiled around his tauric half, as if hugging on its own. As soon as he felt that he tried to struggle, fight back, but somehow, he felt….stunned.

“So come on, hunk, let’s have some fun…Let Vivian make you feel good”

Grendel’s mind was a definite mess. What the hell was he doing? This…this didn’t feel right! There was no way it could be right! She could not have her way!

But…..he could smell her now they were so close. And it was a nice smell, indeed. So delightfully nice….

Wait….why was his mind so numb? Is it magic? Was she casting some spell on him?

Or maybe it wasn’t that completely…

He felt nothing but cold sweat. His heart thumped like it wanted to explode out of his chest.

He…he should break free….she…..

…she probably is right after all….

Their lips were almost touching….

Yes….he wanted to forget…wanted so bad to forget…

Take it away…please, take it all away…..

Scarlet eyes before him

“N-NO!!!!!!!”

A flailing burst of movement, and Grendel yet again shoved away a very surprised Vivian, almost making her fall over. His mind was nothing but blurriness, his senses nothing but his own heartbeat. And wrath. All-consuming wrath. This woman. She’d pay. She’d pay greatly.

“DON’T MESS WITH ME, YOU WITCH!!!!” He roared loudly, almost madly, fangs fully displayed and toxic saliva sloshing in the air as he brought his hand on the naga’s head.

Or at least, he would have. A flick of her finger and a mighty pillar of foamy water had exploded from the waterfalls, crashing violently on the rampaging behemoth and yanking him to the river. Grendel could do little but thrash and splash and curse angrily as the enchanted stream pushed him downwards, straight to the beach. Eventually his roars were drowned out, and he vanished in the horizon

And Vivian simply stood there, letting out a small sigh. An obvious disappointment was in her face, but maybe a bit of understanding as well. Maybe.

“Hmpf….poor kid.”

Last edited by Slimetoad on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Awkward (REWRITTEN!)   Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:43 pm

It's not really for me to see, but I think you nailed Vivian pretty well. (No pun intended.)

As for Grendel... I imagine his reaction is due in part to the fact that he's always been solitary, with the exception of one close friendship which ended badly. He doesn't know how to cope with people, except in a primal sense, and closeness brings him the pain and fear of unwelcome memories. More than anything, perhaps, he seemed deeply confused. Not for the first time, I feel rather sorry for him.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Awkward (REWRITTEN!)   Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:22 pm

OH THE PUN-MANITY

Aannnd, yeah, you pretty much hit the nail in the head here. Even if it sounded exaggerate, I wanted to show just how Grendel is afraid of trusting and being ripped off again. Glad to hear i suceeded Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Awkward (REWRITTEN!)   Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:21 am

Strange, It's been some time since I last saw a person who needed to trust a hooker to get laid. I had never taken Grendel for a romantic! Laughing

Unnecessary wit aside, I'm getting a good feel for Grendel here. Really can't trust for nuthin', eh?
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Awkward (REWRITTEN!)   Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Retooled most of the story, since I was sick of Grendel being out-of-character in here!
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Awkward (REWRITTEN!)   Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Aaandd this was long overdue, Gorger! I ought to comment more often on yer stuff.

Issues-

Ah, nutbunnies, Grendel never ceases to amuse! Murder, arson and voyeurism? Very Happy
The issues do come through, clearly- and peeks into a predator's mind are always welcome. I appreciate how you close those things, always pointing that things go on. I might steal your recipe...

Exploring

Grendel pulled a Homer!

Which (not that I'm complaining) seems to happen very often. It's almost Grendel's shtick by this point that he gets bittersweet victories!

But he gets them in quite a vivid environment, that he does, and they're all a joy to read.

Awkward

Let's a-see this revamped version of Awkward. I can tell the differences at first glance- starting with the part where Grendel says "Who... are you?".

Grendel with 48% more defensiveness and poise, but just as aggressive as always! The end result is different- Grendel looks more troubled, more paranoid, more callous than before: attempting to attack Vivian rather than leaving... I think it suits him better than fine. Though he's turned into a little of a ham too, "I AM STRONG! UNLIKE EVERYBODY ELSE!" it suits him well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward (REWRITTEN!)   Awkward (REWRITTEN!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awkward (REWRITTEN!)
Page 1 of 1