Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How To: Stop a Fairy

Go down 
+17
asaenvolk
Pim18
ravaging vixen
thejackle123
Zillachary
AisuKaiko
Grave
luke112
Stabs
Slimetoad
Malahite
rcs619
Jasconius
Anime-Junkie
Shady Knight
Pendragon
MukatKiKaarn
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

How To: Stop a Fairy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To: Stop a Fairy   How To: Stop a Fairy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 pm

What about Nerve gas? Unleash the nerve agent and watch them fall as they become paralyzed. Obviously can only be used when they are small or medium size.

I mean it's the stuff they put in the really strong insecticides, how hard is it to get your hands on some?

It's funny to think that some of the men that come over to get rid of mere cockroaches are more prepared than some felarya fairy hunters.
Back to top Go down
JohnboyX
Helpless prey
JohnboyX

PostSubject: Re: How To: Stop a Fairy   How To: Stop a Fairy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 am

As others have stated I'd probably go for the wings I guess since that's the source of their magical powers Exclamation .

Then again this is where things get complicated freak out . First I need to attack/ambush the fairy when it's still in human or preferably a much smaller size or it's pretty much GAME OVER sweatdrop since a giantess fairy will not automatically get smaller as a result of damaging her wings and simply stay at that height untill they're healed off completely.

Second their predator sense could most likely turn out to be the biggest problem here since it will tell the fairy that humans are nearby if my plan is to prepare a trap and calmly wait for it to strike from where I can get a good overview to see if things have worked out Neutral .

Then again I doubt setting up something that is more effective (so I can leave the danger zone and won't have to keep an eye on it) will help much either No (apart from ensuring my own safety geek ) since fairies like Lucilya, Subeta or Melany probably wouldn't fall for it and detect human traces right away due to the fact that (unlike me) they're used to the area as native beings terminator .

Hmm................ scratch confused
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How To: Stop a Fairy   How To: Stop a Fairy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Yeah ambushing is really hard, I wouldn't recommend it as a priority strategy - as you stated their pred sense (thanks to antennae, or so it's "believed") makes ambush incredibly difficult. Just be alert, and prepared mentally that if a fairy shows up that it was always a possibility.

Stabs said once the possibility of the illusionist fairies disguising itself as a human to lower the guard of other adventurers could make for a good horror story or something like that. I say that's a good possible strategy too. Fairies are just diverse, be prepared mentally and carry a wide range of tools that might be able to help. I guess the most reliable method would be a shotgun, or a scatter weapon. For fairies, to cover their movements you'd need something with AoE. Razz Or lots of people with AoE.

Nerve gas I dunno, since fairies fly they could just get out of the way faster than you will, or dodge the canister when you throw it, or blow the gas back in your direction. So I wouldn't recommend that actually. Nerve gas would be more damaging to you than to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To: Stop a Fairy   How To: Stop a Fairy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To: Stop a Fairy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2