Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?

Go down 
+72
kikijonson
Nickonaquamagna
luke112
Solomon
sadisticnerd
L'Ryn
11cookeaw3
11cookeaw1
ZakirFormosa
Byakugan01
xlrp
Tuc135
Darkfire destiny
FalconJudge
Reptillian
Demon Lord of Pine trees
TothinKornoT
Malis
ericnthered123
lostmyself
Tankmasterxyz
Goldclaw
Zillachary
vegeta002
lami
beefy
jurodan@gmail.com
S-Guy
TheQuantumMechanic
MegaDan5
Amaroq
Delicious Kevin
/Fish/
Warrior3000
A-Eadie
neko-pet
Nervan
Grissecon
TenakuMihara
Oldman40k2003
togaoki
rcs619
observer88
Mickilla
Raveolution
mangamastermind
veeshan123
Googlememan
ChaosEmerald2
Siafu789
Ravana3k
Haar
servomoore
Feign
WesleyDragonstorm
Sephimink|Kyle
Silent_eric
Mentalguy
Raetsu Lord Pichu
mikeimp
dreadis
Icalasari
Karbo
Zoekin
Ewin
dlausactor6373
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
GREGOLE
Malahite
Shady Knight
melancholy-melody13
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:08 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

The hard part to adapt to is how will they prevent that energetic reaction? If it happens in the mouth it's too close to the brain, they're dead. In the stomach? Well then, there's not going to be any nutrients to make of it. If the lining itself isn't blown open.

It's like swallowing dynamite - how do you adapt to that? It moves from a genetics and natural selection problem and even a chemical problem, to a physics problem.

This could lead to mass Pred starvation at the least.

Felarya is not Earth Very Happy

If they can stand stand the energic reaction it won't be a problem.

It can be true to one condition they can't stand explosion but some predators can stand explosion better than the humans. Very Happy

Some predators won't be affected by example elementals, ghost, genies,fire succubus etc...
Still doesn't solve the problem of starvation. Your food explodes inside you, there's no nourishment. Not even for the *snicker* *points and laughs* storm sprites *goes stoic again in case one is looking*.

And for fire sucuubus, the issue isn't a fiery explosion, but the massive expansion and also the kinetics. A few of them are going to fall. The Naga are pretty much hasta la vista baby.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Quote :
Very Happy

*eye twitches*

Quote :
Very Happy

*eye twitches more stressfully and begins drooling*

Quote :
Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D

*turns head*

I won't deny that once the power to defend one's self is obtained that humans will begin to seek out more power. It's human nature.

However, predators are humans too. When their prey learns to defend itself, they'll seek out ways to counter it. Though it would be tough at first, the end result would see nagas having figured out some sort of magical/technological means to defend themselves from defending humans.

By consequence, humans will upgrade their own defenses to match the predators'.

The guardians aren't a part of the equasion. Predators are as human as you or I. Consquently, they have the same inherent traits and will always seek to even the odds.

However, humans are human too. They WILL find a way to defend themselves and it WILL hurt the predators.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:26 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

However, humans are human too. They WILL find a way to defend themselves and it WILL hurt the predators.
In that case the predators will find a way to eat the humans too.
The humans will developp the defense, the predators will developp the attack so it's well-balanced Very Happy
We call that the evolution Laughing

Edit:the humans don't have the same physical resistance that the predators Very Happy

And the guardians can be a part of the equation because they judge the situation. In clear if one of the sides becomes too dangerous for the other side they can act in a different way there is no need they come directly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Ewin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Ewin

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:55 pm

Just a thought, but when Katrika ate Trisha and Trisha's magic wouldn't work because spells were nulled in her stomach - is it not possible that any kind of explosive device would or could be rendered useless in a similar way? Any electrical equipment, chemical or moving parts would simply shut down and fail to activate?

And just what is the obsession with wanting to blow up all the Nagas? Neutral
They're rather friendly if you get the chance to befriend one you know...
Back to top Go down
http://elvenskies.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Of course then there's the slower method of genetic alteration to create extremely INSANE magic affinity for humans.

This is something that has to be done quietly, surreptitiously, without allowing newly enhanced humans to cut loose until everyone is the same.

Then one day... you have an army of mages that can slash and burn.

Or psychics who can take over minds. Telepaths are looking to be the ultimate trump card.

(and other notes from the innovations-under-fire department.)
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Ewin wrote:
Just a thought, but when Katrika ate Trisha and Trisha's magic wouldn't work because spells were nulled in her stomach - is it not possible that any kind of explosive device would or could be rendered useless in a similar way? Any electrical equipment, chemical or moving parts would simply shut down and fail to activate?

That was a non-canon story made for pure entertainement. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:02 pm

I hardly only care about deterring the nagas - and killing them all is not my plan, nor a good idea. Breaking the food chain risks attracting a Guardian.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Quote :
That was a non-canon story made for pure entertainement. ^^;

So that means Katrika doesn't have a magic leeching ability?

Quote :
Just a thought, but when Katrika ate Trisha and
Trisha's magic wouldn't work because spells were nulled in her stomach
- is it not possible that any kind of explosive device would or could
be rendered useless in a similar way? Any electrical equipment,
chemical or moving parts would simply shut down and fail to activate?

Kat's not a Felaryan naga. She's an alien species and should not be used to reference the norm.

Quote :

I dunno, I can think of quite a few preds I'd have a grand time blowing apart...
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:40 pm

I meant, the On the Hunt series being simply non-canon random short stories. Why put a future entry about a dead character. Unless said character had a MAJOR impact on the world.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Ewin wrote:

I doubt it, since magic, energy, and things like that are usually different in their own ways. I remember a story someone made about Karbo's pic "Naga Feeding Habits". Anna tried calling out with a com link. It worked, but was slightly garbled.

I'm not sure if Crisis has a magic draining stomach, but I used it as an example since I've seen alot of stories where machines worked just fine when consumed by fairies and such.

Often they had terrible indigeestion the day after.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:20 pm

More notes from the desk of "Innovations under fire, inc":

It occurs to me that taking down a dryad, as difficult as this is, would be of great importance. We want to extract a gut worm and obtain its DNA to create a bio armor.

Combined with research into weapons that can pierce stomach walls, this could make humans even more unpalatable to dryads.

This becomes, thus, an engineering question - how to fully armor-up a soldier without alerting the dryad that this individual is indigestable and in fact may even carve their way back out?

Further study must be made into how to adapt this to other life forms. Perhaps we can thus even adapt it to compromise the dreaded storm sprite.
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:22 pm

i would shoot myself....in the face
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Just for the sake of comparison, my OC uses chemicals to deal with similar situations. Concentrated base can weaken stomach acid, and drug injections can either numb, poison, or cause vomiting spasms in the predator in question. The only problem with this method is how cumbersome it would be to carry enough of these chemicals to take strong enough effect on the gigantic creatures of Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Mickilla wrote:
Just for the sake of comparison, my OC uses chemicals to deal with similar situations. Concentrated base can weaken stomach acid, and drug injections can either numb, poison, or cause vomiting spasms in the predator in question. The only problem with this method is how cumbersome it would be to carry enough of these chemicals to take strong enough effect on the gigantic creatures of Felarya.

u know the more that i think about it if i ended up in Felarya i could go see my naga Yelkavic
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Frankly, I'd like to go to Felarya as a Super Saiyan. SSJ4. Tail and all.

Hello, Golden Oozaru.

I completely forgot about the Super Saiyans. My goodness, the mass pwnage!

Oh and SSJ3 (lower level Super Saiyan) can jump across dimensions. Guess who's in danger then, heheheh.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Raveolution wrote:

Hello, Golden Oozaru.

Oh and SSJ3 (lower level Super Saiyan) can jump across dimensions. Guess who's in danger then, heheheh.

Heh. Good job dealing with the guardians. They are just tricky little monkeys.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:07 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

Hello, Golden Oozaru.

Heh. Good job dealing with the guardians. They are just tricky little monkeys.
Oh, that pwnage wouldn't come to the Guardians' doorstep. They're too respectful for that by the time they're SSJ4. Vegeta back in the day, now he was a world-buster. Vaped a planet when he was barely anything of a warrior at all. Now he's a lot more calm. Gokuu is way too jovial and friendly. He'd never go there.

If you're talking a confrontation with the guardians, then there's Majin Buu to consider........... Shocked he once vacuum-swallowed the better part of a galaxy. He's the ultimate vore.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 pm

I don't know. Thousands have tried conquering Felarya, and yet it remains unconquered. Perhaps they have a power even a saiyan can't fight?

I mean, they aren't overrated characters after all. Their positions are well entitled.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Pendragon wrote:
I don't know. Thousands have tried conquering Felarya, and yet it remains unconquered. Perhaps they have a power even a saiyan can't fight?

I mean, they aren't overrated characters after all. Their positions are well entitled.
Go look up Majin Buu. That's one scary mutha, with a mercurial temper to boot. He absorbs people and makes their powers his. It took a while to muster the guts to watch half the DBZ: Buu Saga because of him.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:25 am

I know who Majin Buu is.

I'm just saying, he can be beaten. Like Quaz for example. He can stop time, warp reality and whatnot. Automatically makes a saiyan useless. Since Felarya has been through so many worlds, it's completely possible that saiyans have already tried conquering it, only to fail. Also, we know all of Buu's skills, as well as any other saiyan. Who knows what the guardians are capable of? It's quite scary if you think about it.

All I can say is that, if I found myself in Felarya, the guardians would be the LAST people I want to anger.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:40 am

Pendragon wrote:
All I can say is that, if I found myself in Felarya, the guardians would be the LAST people I want to anger.
That always goes without saying.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:26 am

Jeez, I leave for two days and Supersayans are in the conversation now? Isn't that a racord fast powerup for doing anything for them? Razz

Anyway, I think I've mentioned before, I'd be getting my powerless little butt to the nearest city, and would especially avoid anything big and recognizable from the stories, including my own character (hell, especially my own character).
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:39 am

About the predator adaption thing: Beyond Faeries, I doubt many of them would be capable of countering sudden, Technology based advancements rapidly (I only mention Faeries as they're the only one confirmed to have a written language as a whole, passing of knowledge beyond word of mouth, etc). Think about it, most Predator's don't even have Bronze Age or above constructive capabilities (Hellish beings are likely different, and probably the biggest threat of all, but they and the Angels tend to stick to their own realms for the MOST part).

Many chemical weapons will be several millennia advanced beyond the predators, and from a mean most would be unfamiliar with. Similarly, many high-yield explosions will seem absurd to a good deal of predators without a visual on a chanting wizard, high levels of volatile gasses, etc.

Magical Defenses are what the predator's are most readily prepared to deal with. Beyond this, unless the technological mean can be countered by Magic, most of the inhabitants in general on Felarya (Including other Human / Demi-Human settlements) will draw the short straw when the weapon users arrive.

And before the post is made: A Bronze-Age being is not going to be able to technologically develop a counter-means to a Railgun firing a Cinderblock-sized piece of metal into their face from several kilometer's away. Magic is a viable excuse, though said predator would need some way to figure out the shot is being made beforehand.

Oh, and thought: What would a Predator think if you told them about natural diseases, rot, etc, before they launched an invasion? Would it change their plans dramatically, would they scoff at it as a bluff (Invisible beings that make your body turn against itself and kill you? Ha! What type of fool do you take us for? Through the portal, and make prisoner this Prey-Thing to watch our inevitable victory!), etc.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:34 pm

Malahite wrote:
About the predator adaption thing: Beyond Faeries, I doubt many of them would be capable of countering sudden, Technology based advancements rapidly (I only mention Faeries as they're the only one confirmed to have a written language as a whole, passing of knowledge beyond word of mouth, etc). Think about it, most Predator's don't even have Bronze Age or above constructive capabilities (Hellish beings are likely different, and probably the biggest threat of all, but they and the Angels tend to stick to their own realms for the MOST part).

Many chemical weapons will be several millennia advanced beyond the predators, and from a mean most would be unfamiliar with. Similarly, many high-yield explosions will seem absurd to a good deal of predators without a visual on a chanting wizard, high levels of volatile gasses, etc.

Magical Defenses are what the predator's are most readily prepared to deal with. Beyond this, unless the technological mean can be countered by Magic, most of the inhabitants in general on Felarya (Including other Human / Demi-Human settlements) will draw the short straw when the weapon users arrive.

And before the post is made: A Bronze-Age being is not going to be able to technologically develop a counter-means to a Railgun firing a Cinderblock-sized piece of metal into their face from several kilometer's away. Magic is a viable excuse, though said predator would need some way to figure out the shot is being made beforehand.

Oh, and thought: What would a Predator think if you told them about natural diseases, rot, etc, before they launched an invasion? Would it change their plans dramatically, would they scoff at it as a bluff (Invisible beings that make your body turn against itself and kill you? Ha! What type of fool do you take us for? Through the portal, and make prisoner this Prey-Thing to watch our inevitable victory!), etc.
Nano-viruses. They circumvent disease immunity. They could clean out the ENTIRE Predator eco-system except for the storm sprites and one other electrically inclined species I forgot their name now. Unleash a Gray Goo on Felarya and it's over. Done and done, one fresh planet ready to re-colonize in a few days.

But they absolutely, positively, 100% would bring ALL the Guardians running. And the civilization that unleashed the nanites would be wiped out brutally, heinously, and the technology would probably be lost.

Unless someone from another dimension kept sending a suicide nano-bomber to unleash another nano-plague. By suicide, I mean, they might get caught and die before they return home.

Edited to add:
A limited-yield nanite attack - such as a mini-goo (a blob unleashed from a box that would eat up a Centaur and then stop) - could serve as a personal defense weapon that would not bring a Guardian. Citizens exploring the forest could have them as a shield - then a fairy comes along, grabs the explorer, swallows the explorer, and the nanites get cracking. The explorer falls and hits grass because the nanites ate away the throat, stomach and everything on their way down so fast you'd think it was flash friggin digestion. Then they magnetize the nanites back into the box and go on their wobbly-legged, peed-in-their pants way.

Humans would probably attack each other with nanites, too. Self-culling issue in effect.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:08 pm

If I ended up in Felarya.

Step 1: Be amazed at the fact that I am actually in another world. Then remember what actually lives in said World.
Step 2: Find a hiding spot. Then assume a fetal position and panic/ freak out sobsob (but not crying, thats for wusses). Emerge from hiding spot several hours later.
Step 3: Man up, grow a pair, and begin to work my way in a direction that seems like the right way to go.
Step 4: find guns (they make me feel better), preferably guns that are powerful/illegal to own on Earth (grenade launcher and Barret .50cal anyone?). And maybe some C4, hell Id settle for some flashbangs. If possible find some kind of futuristic gun from another world, yay! cheers (portable railgun-sniper rifle, laser cannon, lightsaber?)
Step 5: Stay away from large bodies of water. "There's always a bigger fish."
Step 6: Find & Befriend a pred that actually gives humans a chance to befriend them.
Step 7: (if I have my laptop) offer it and my cellphone to Anna in exchange for protection. Offer Crisis some sweet, delicious candy (if I have some), I mean she's gotta like candy more than people right? No
Step 8: pray that my genious survival plan had worked and, uh...live happily ever after? scratch

note to self: create a Felaryan character (some kind of pred) so I could turn to them for safty and not die a horrible, horrible death. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next