Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

General Q and A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
A thought occured. Housecats generally fight each other for just meeting. Do Neko tribes, especially nomadic tribes, tend to engage in skirmishes if they ever happen to cross path?

Hmmmm. That brings an interesting question to mind.

Wait, no, I shouldn't...

But I want to...

I can't.... argh!

Do the Inus sniff each other's butts? There I said it.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing its hot and wrong all at once
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I'd imagine they'd roll across the dirt and grass adorably scratching anything/one that gets in their way.
Massive cat fight fest, yo!

Phantom Elf question: The wiki says they have glowing eyes. Do their eyes glow only in the dark so they can see clearly and turn normal if they moved out of Sunfall Thicket to a place where sunlight is better, or would they still glow in a sunny area? Speaking of sunny areas, are Phantom Elves light sensible? By that, I mean that if they entered a sunny area, they'd be blinded.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Not so important question...

Has anyone considered the Bermuda Triangle to be Earth's own dimensionally unstable zone, perhaps the only fixed zone leading to Felarya? I wonder if some WWII pilots might find themselves in Felarya. Or a Disney cruise ship even, lol.

Some little kid cries, "Mommy why is Ariel eating Mickey?"

That would be hillarious, lol

...until the little kid gets eaten.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot the rules and posted a question over someone else's question. Please answer Sean's inquiry somebody.

Last edited by gt500x on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 pm

gt500x wrote:

Pardon me, I don't follow you.... why does it stop being hilarious?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:56 am

Grave wrote:
gt500x wrote:

Pardon me, I don't follow you.... why does it stop being hilarious?

that's...messed up xD

Sean Okotami wrote:
Phantom Elf question: The wiki says they have glowing eyes. Do their eyes glow only in the dark so they can see clearly and turn normal if they moved out of Sunfall Thicket to a place where sunlight is better, or would they still glow in a sunny area? Speaking of sunny areas, are Phantom Elves light sensible? By that, I mean that if they entered a sunny area, they'd be blinded.

I just got reminded of Alma from F.E.A.R.

-as for the question? It's probably relative to adrenaline/fear in some kind of way. That's just an assumption though.
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:42 am

*Took artistic license for vines*

Last edited by MrNobody13 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:36 am

gt500x wrote:

Has anyone considered the Bermuda Triangle to be Earth's own dimensionally unstable zone, perhaps the only fixed zone leading to Felarya? I wonder if some WWII pilots might find themselves in Felarya. Or a Disney cruise ship even, lol.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot the rules and posted a question over someone else's question. Please answer Sean's inquiry somebody.

In general, a lot of people try to avoid directly connecting Earth. Most people just use that to bring in their own self-inserts.

Unlike the Deluran and Miritan homeworlds, and the dozens of worlds that trade with Negav, Earth has no connection to Felarya at the moment. At least in the canon. There are plenty of mary-sues and self-inserts that trickle in from Earth in the non-canon stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Jasconius wrote:

For the Isolon eye, would a creature such as a tonorion (which are highly magic resistant) be heavily affected by it?

Yep Tonorions won't come close to Negav ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 pm

rcs619 wrote:
gt500x wrote:

In general, a lot of people try to avoid directly connecting Earth. Most people just use that to bring in their own self-inserts.

Unlike the Deluran and Miritan homeworlds, and the dozens of worlds that trade with Negav, Earth has no connection to Felarya at the moment. At least in the canon. There are plenty of mary-sues and self-inserts that trickle in from Earth in the non-canon stuff though.

Curious thing, I have a parody story on a hiatus with that. Of course, it's parody and nowhere canon, but still...

It's a good point you bring here: we all know what we think of self-inserts, Mary Sues and Gary Stus around here. Avoiding direct contact with Earth - or at least our Earth - is good. Sure, you can have exceptions to the rule - one of my characters counts as that, but he isn't from this Earth -, but not as the general thing.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Quote :
It's a good point you bring here: we all know what we think of self-inserts, Mary Sues and Gary Stus around here. Avoiding direct contact with Earth - or at least our Earth - is good. Sure, you can have exceptions to the rule - one of my characters counts as that, but he isn't from this Earth -, but not as the general thing.
You could say some of mine aren't either, just an alternate one that's very similar.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:00 pm

As long as we avoid Mary Sues and the like... Anyway, now it's time for me to ask something:

How are things going for farmers in Felarya? I know it's a kind of a savage world, but you can think of some cattle, vegetables and all, also thinking that cities like Negav need constant supplies in food and drink, so how does it work for them?
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Bael suggested something like vertical farms in Negav. I know Rin's Adventures mentioned the Miratans have farms around their base or something. My own Eddenians have farms too, but since they live in a domed city, they don't have to worry too much about outside hosilities.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Feadraug wrote:
As long as we avoid Mary Sues and the like... Anyway, now it's time for me to ask something:

How are things going for farmers in Felarya? I know it's a kind of a savage world, but you can think of some cattle, vegetables and all, also thinking that cities like Negav need constant supplies in food and drink, so how does it work for them?

Farming is very limited, to non-existant for the most part.

First of all, you could only really have a farm in a region that has been tamed/de-fanged/etc. There are only a small handful of those in known Felarya. Negav, Chiotia...and maybe medium-sized places like Safe Harbor and The Jungle Bowl.

The second issue is space. Any kind of decent-sized farm takes up a lot of space. Space is the main issue in Negav. They aren't going to let a farm take up space that could be used to build homes and businesses. The only real way to do it would be to build gardens and such on top of buildings. Maybe you could set up some farmland just at the edge of the walls, and keep under the protective zone of The Eye and the guns. Those are really the only options.

Negav imports nearly all of its food, building materials and essential supplies from off-world. Due to its stationary, fortress-like nature, it can't really gather them from the world around it safely. So, a portion of the massive profit from Ascarlin and rare-mineral mining is used to buy and import all the supplies the city needs. There are likely many off-world food traders that come there, lots of street vendors, and a lot of restaurants serving food from all over the muitiverse.

As for Chiotia, they have a tropical forest to their northeast where fruit can be gathered and game can be hunted. There is also Tolem Bay, which is teeming with fish of all kinds, and is nearly inaccessible to any ocean-going preds due to its stinging kelp. They would get most of their food from the bay or the forest...and probably trade for more exotic supplies when human ships come up along the Topazial islands to use their harbor.

Given their relationship with the local preds, it is likely that the predators could pay them for their services in fish and crustaceans as well. Chiotia most likely is not hurting for food and supplies, despite having no dimensional portals.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:51 pm

I don't think that Negav would be short of building materials. The Ascarlin mines are not solid Ascarlin, same with the diamond mines. There's going to be stone coming out of those mines that can be used for building.
I also believe that any metal veins found in those mountains are going to be mined too.

As for wood for building, I believe someone had suggested "wood mines." Well, what I propose is that there are wood mines in the trees upstream from negav. The lumber-miners would cut the wood out of the tree and send it floating down the river where it is collected under the protection of the guns and eye.

However advanced building materials are going to be imported.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:25 pm

gt500x wrote:

thers 3 places like that on earth

The devils trangle (bermuda)

The Dragons sea (japan)

And the white void (Alaska)
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 pm

One question at a time please.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:00 am

I once read a story that said that fairies can't change size without their wings. Is this canon?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 am

Size changing magic requires a huge amount of magic. Fairy wings either act like capacitors or collection arrays (depends who you ask) for magic, meaning the huge amount of magic required is there. So with out thesecapacitors/collection arrays the fairy can not change size as they don't have the required magic.
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:30 am

This might have been answered somewhere in the forum, but I can't really find it. Or at least haven't searched as hard as I could have. And yes, I'm also aware the question won't have an 'official' answe, but it's based mainly off opinion. That said, here goes.

I'm pretty sure most of the giant creatures in Felarya are born small, like nagas and dridders and the likes, but around what age do they either begin to grow to the more giant size, or when do they actually reach a size that could be considered macro? Just a general idea, doesn't need to be specific. I'm just curious if there's any particular ages where most species begin their growth, since it seems even some younger creatures can be gigantic too. Hope I don't sound stupid for asking all this.

Edit: Also, if I broke a rule by posting over someone else's question, sorry, didn't mean to. *Facepalm*
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Salvyrn wrote:
This might have been answered somewhere in the forum, but I can't really find it. Or at least haven't searched as hard as I could have. And yes, I'm also aware the question won't have an 'official' answe, but it's based mainly off opinion. That said, here goes.

I'm pretty sure most of the giant creatures in Felarya are born small, like nagas and dridders and the likes, but around what age do they either begin to grow to the more giant size, or when do they actually reach a size that could be considered macro? Just a general idea, doesn't need to be specific. I'm just curious if there's any particular ages where most species begin their growth, since it seems even some younger creatures can be gigantic too. Hope I don't sound stupid for asking all this.

Edit: Also, if I broke a rule by posting over someone else's question, sorry, didn't mean to. *Facepalm*

This depends largely on species.

Nagas, Dridders, Mermaids, Harpies (and other egg-laying predators) are a bit smaller when they are born. A newborn pred hatched from an egg is about the size of a small to medium human child (slightly smaller in length than its parent's finger, since a full-grown human is about as long as a finger to a pred). This likely varies a bit, of course, but think somewhere between 3 and 4ft tall. The main advantage to this is that the mother never really shows symptoms of pregnancy, so she is not hindered by it.

Predators who give birth to live young (Nekos, Fairies, Elves, Centaurs, Pantaurs, etc) are a bit different. The mother goes through pregnancy symptoms similarly to a human mother. Luckily, most of the species that this happens to, tend to be more social. Fairies, Elves, Nekos, Centaurs and the like almost always live in groups. The mother can be helped along by her companions/friends/neighbors. When the baby is born, it is a good deal larger than an egg-born pred, and would be roughly as large to its parents as a newborn human would be to its own. Not sure about an exact length there...but it would easily be over 10ft, probably closer to 15ft tall. Somewhere around there anyway.

It takes a predator roughly 40 years to reach full-size, with the anti-aging factor kicking in around 50 or 60 years of age.
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:04 pm

rcs619 wrote:

This depends largely on species.

Nagas, Dridders, Mermaids, Harpies (and other egg-laying predators) are a bit smaller when they are born. A newborn pred hatched from an egg is about the size of a small to medium human child (slightly smaller in length than its parent's finger, since a full-grown human is about as long as a finger to a pred). This likely varies a bit, of course, but think somewhere between 3 and 4ft tall. The main advantage to this is that the mother never really shows symptoms of pregnancy, so she is not hindered by it.

Predators who give birth to live young (Nekos, Fairies, Elves, Centaurs, Pantaurs, etc) are a bit different. The mother goes through pregnancy symptoms similarly to a human mother. Luckily, most of the species that this happens to, tend to be more social. Fairies, Elves, Nekos, Centaurs and the like almost always live in groups. The mother can be helped along by her companions/friends/neighbors. When the baby is born, it is a good deal larger than an egg-born pred, and would be roughly as large to its parents as a newborn human would be to its own. Not sure about an exact length there...but it would easily be over 10ft, probably closer to 15ft tall. Somewhere around there anyway.

It takes a predator roughly 40 years to reach full-size, with the anti-aging factor kicking in around 50 or 60 years of age.

Hmm, alright then. That pretty much answers my question. Thanks for the help! I was just curious because I didn't see anything about it when I looked around.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm

I have a question how acute are naga senses?

can they feel the air move around them like a fish in water can they like other snakes detect there prey through tremors and can they see heat emanate from there foods body like some snakes can
considering the fact that they don't have a forked tongue how good is there sense of smell?

oh dear I turned one question and tried to narrow it down into many

oh yes on a side note if I was to poke anna in the hand with a machete would it go down badly?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:37 pm

It functions essentially like a snake's heat sense.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
It functions essentially like a snake's heat sense.

thats quite an astounding talent. turns around and puts Predator on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next