Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

General Q and A - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:51 am

side winders feel the ground and rattlers strike at body heat.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Question:

Are the Sphinxes not tauric? I understand the Pantaurs are for sure, but what about the Blue Sphinx? I was under the impression that all Spinxes were tauric but I want to verify that.

Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:36 pm

gt500x wrote:
Question:

Are the Sphinxes not tauric? I understand the Pantaurs are for sure, but what about the Blue Sphinx? I was under the impression that all Spinxes were tauric but I want to verify that.

Nearly all are. I think the Blue Sphinx is an exception, and it is a much older entry into the wiki, before a lot of the current rules and trends were set.

In general though, a Sphinx is generally just a winged Pantaur.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Personal Opinion: Pantaurs should be put in the shelf for a while to focus more on the normal variety. Almost everyone is on the Pantaurs.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:14 pm

It does seem unnecessary to have Pantaurs when we have Centaurs. I'm not a big fan of that, but oh well. Thanks for clearing that up. I wish there was some image out there of a Blue Sphinx so I can visualize it exactly. I don't want to describe it incorrectly in a story.

Another question:
Is everything in Felarya larger, sorta scaled up to the predators? What I mean to say is, is the relative height of a mountain to us humans on earth is equal to the relative height to giant predators on Felarya? It seems humans in should Felarya should be just a little taller than a blade of grass.

Last edited by gt500x on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 pm

gt500x wrote:
Question:

Mos Sphinxes i know of are winged lions with a face mixed of human and cat and have 2 or 4 large breasts and they have browen or gold fur
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

If Felarya is a plain of existence that follows it own laws does it have a sun I know it has a day and night cycle
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Kai Leingod wrote:
If Felarya is a plain of existence that follows it own laws does it have a sun I know it has a day and night cycle

Felarya has a sun... or suns... and they are not really Felarya's suns. It's more borrowing the suns.

Your answer should be found here.

http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Physics#The_Felaryan_sky
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:15 pm

hmm strange question but hey are a Nagas stomach immune to chemicals that would make some one throw up and how does the anti magic thing work does it mean no arcana can channeled once consumed
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:24 pm

The anti-magic is not a trait for all species, only a very few ones. As for the stomach, probably. I think the strength is that it's very stretchy, you know, like a snake's.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
The anti-magic is not a trait for all species, only a very few ones. As for the stomach, probably. I think the strength is that it's very stretchy, you know, like a snake's.

ah cool was thinking what if a potions master had gotten himself eaten by mistake only to pull a vial to make said predator sick through chemicals and the like the ones on earth that cause you to throw up.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:57 pm

A naga's stomach has 2 chambers, one is for human sized prey. However when the naga eats something big, the opening between the first and second chambers will expand, making room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:46 pm

I noticed on the Felaryian map that there appears to be a cave entrance right next to the Jungle Bowl that leads into or under the unnamed mountain peak that surrounds Frost Peak. While I've heard several times that the map is not to scale, based on how it looks now it appears to be rather large. Does it have a name or been mentioned in any stories?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:59 am

wow you really manage to pick details uh ? lol!

Indeed I was wondering about making something here when I made the map then finally left the place blank. Another placeholder for the future I imagine Razz ( a bit like that square north of the rosic nekos village )
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 pm

New question. Who are Menyssan's two compatriots (the redhead and dark-haired succubi)?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:03 pm

I don't think they have names (yet).
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Hmm... I thought they did. Strange if they don't seeing as they appear both in a story and art done by Karbo.

Are they still her sisters or were they changed to cousins? I could have sworn that I read about that somewhere, though I might be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:06 am

Indeed they have no official names yet.

And they are neither her cousins or sisters ^^ "sister" is just a name commonly used by succubi to refer to each others.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:11 am

Okay. New question. What determines the size of a demon and what is the significance (is a demon's size permanent and they are big or small for "life", or is it possible that some can grow larger by, lets say, claiming enough souls?) I ask this as I've seen Karbo's demons which include Succubi (which are large) as well as the impish-looking ones that are human-sized, as well as whatever Agnashrak is, who is also large and appears to be as big as Menyssan (I guess he might be an incubi which would probably be just as big as succubi)
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:02 am

I may be extrapolating too much, but would a demon's size vary when they come into Felarya?

In hell, as its own dimension, I guess its sort of a fuzzy point - either demons are all big there or anyone else there is small. Demons close to that source of power probably have enough magic to whip up some size changing.

But anyways, I assume imps are smaller than "regular" demons. As to the nature of incubi, that is unsure.

--

Now, I have a question. What is the level of technology for someone in Negav? Felarya itself has a wide variety of technology levels, from tribal level out in the wilderness to the sci-fi stuff we see Vishmitals, Miratans and Delurans wielding. Add to this technology the "Alternate technology" of magic.

So, anyways, would people in Negav have stuff like fridges, TVs, internet? Do they have electricity there, I mean? I mean, the Vishmitals certainly have such stuff, but do they share?

Or is Negav more a magically powered place? (i.e. instead of fridges there are boxes with runes of freezing. People watch local broadcasts and surf the "network" via a magic mirror or something.)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:27 am

Quote :
Now, I have a question. What is the level of technology for someone in Negav? Felarya itself has a wide variety of technology levels, from tribal level out in the wilderness to the sci-fi stuff we see Vishmitals, Miratans and Delurans wielding. Add to this technology the "Alternate technology" of magic.

So, anyways, would people in Negav have stuff like fridges, TVs, internet? Do they have electricity there, I mean? I mean, the Vishmitals certainly have such stuff, but do they share?

Or is Negav more a magically powered place? (i.e. instead of fridges there are boxes with runes of freezing. People watch local broadcasts and surf the "network" via a magic mirror or something.)

I think it'd be a real interesting mix.

The main issue with any kind of modern appliances is power. You would either need generators, which require fuel, or a magi-tech solution. I think Negav would have some kind of electric grid, primarily in the high and middle districts, but I could see some of the better off low district places like taverns, inns, and such being able to tap in for a fee. The most likely source for such a grid, if any, would be several massive pieces of highly refined Actinite, likely tended to by a group of electrically oriented mages to maintain them (The Negav Electrical Society? Or something like that, I guess. lol). This is just guessing of course. A power system made of fuel-powered generators is possible as well, at least for the Vishmitals and Magiocrats, who would have the influence and funds to import fuels from offworld.

It is also possible that the Vishmitals, and even the Magiocrats really, may have their own personal power generation systems tucked away for themselves. Advanced power generators, in the case of the Vishmitals...and some kind of magic-based generators, or off-world imported generators for the Magiocrats.

As for TV and Internet...I really doubt that. Its just too complex for a place like Negav. I could see radio stations though. They would just need the power to transmit throughout Negav and The Commons beyond the walls. Portable radios (also likely powered by actinite shards) shouldn't be too hard to come by at any tech market, and its possible that various establishments could have more expensive, full-sized radios.

As for other things, I think its going to be a wierd mixture of purely magical solutions, purely technological solutions, and magi-technical solutions that bridge the gap between the two. Either way, it should be a pretty interesting place, since we all know that magi-tech is the only thing out there that is cooler than steampunk. ^^
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 am

rcs619 wrote:
Quote :

I think it'd be a real interesting mix.

The main issue with any kind of modern appliances is power. You would either need generators, which require fuel, or a magi-tech solution. I think Negav would have some kind of electric grid, primarily in the high and middle districts, but I could see some of the better off low district places like taverns, inns, and such being able to tap in for a fee. The most likely source for such a grid, if any, would be several massive pieces of highly refined Actinite, likely tended to by a group of electrically oriented mages to maintain them (The Negav Electrical Society? Or something like that, I guess. lol). This is just guessing of course. A power system made of fuel-powered generators is possible as well, at least for the Vishmitals and Magiocrats, who would have the influence and funds to import fuels from offworld.

It is also possible that the Vishmitals, and even the Magiocrats really, may have their own personal power generation systems tucked away for themselves. Advanced power generators, in the case of the Vishmitals...and some kind of magic-based generators, or off-world imported generators for the Magiocrats.

As for TV and Internet...I really doubt that. Its just too complex for a place like Negav. I could see radio stations though. They would just need the power to transmit throughout Negav and The Commons beyond the walls. Portable radios (also likely powered by actinite shards) shouldn't be too hard to come by at any tech market, and its possible that various establishments could have more expensive, full-sized radios.

As for other things, I think its going to be a wierd mixture of purely magical solutions, purely technological solutions, and magi-technical solutions that bridge the gap between the two. Either way, it should be a pretty interesting place, since we all know that magi-tech is the only thing out there that is cooler than steampunk. ^^

Steampunk is the coolest. I am glad we can agree on this.

It would make sense that there would be mages keeping everything charged - just another way that the Psi'ols keep everyone in debt to them.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:35 am

I used computers in Negav in two of my recent stories. You can't blame me for anything since the wiki describes Negav as "a marvel of science and magic", so I assumed they used both at least modern technology and magic, so computers and such would be common.

Addendum: I'm not a fan of steampunk because I'm seeing too much of it nowadays.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:43 pm

The only problem with steampunk is to find an alternative to coal contrary to the fossil fuel it deliver less energy, oil is more dense which make with a lower quantity you have more power than the same quantity in coal. To make it viable you have to design a new combustible more efficient than coal and a metal lighter and more resistant than steel.

rcs619 wrote:
Computers would be a bit iffy though, I think. I mean, you'd really ONLY have places to plug them in inside Negav. I could see merchants and such bringing them in from off-world to help make business a LOT easier. A wireless network could be possible for the Magiocrats, Vishmitals, and even some of the more successful local busniesses through off-world imported electronics.

Wireless network in cheaper to set up than the traditional network. Computer in overall are more destined to a large audience for example many people have private computer more powerful than the one used in some big organize like Nasa because the needs are not the same. Only the server need to be powerful because they manage an important amount of data. The client to access to them are light and consume few resource for example a web browser. Most of the work the access to the data and the security is managed and hosted by the servers and the network device which make you have just to plug the computer and enter your login and password.

The more powerful PC are for gaming because graphical effects are cost cost full in material resource but to professional things you don't need a very powerful computers.

Computers and mobile phone are technologies designed to target a large audience not a particular elite. Anyone in Negav can have the latest computer or mobile phones easily.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:06 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Computers would be a bit iffy though, I think. I mean, you'd really ONLY have places to plug them in inside Negav. I could see merchants and such bringing them in from off-world to help make business a LOT easier. A wireless network could be possible for the Magiocrats, Vishmitals, and even some of the more successful local busniesses through off-world imported electronics.

Quote :
Computers and mobile phone are technologies designed to target a large audience not a particular elite. Anyone in Negav can have the latest computer or mobile phones easily.

Now there's the business factor. how much of a free market, If at all is Negav? is all charges and bills maintained and watched by the government, or is it similar to the Capitalistic view where you got multiple companies making their own regularities to charge the customer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next