Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

General Q and A - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:13 am

rcs619 wrote:
gt500x wrote:

Spend enough time around Harpies and you'll eventually catch on.

Q: How is fuel managed in Negav? What types are there and how are they imported? Is an off-shore oil rig feasible?

There's no oceans anywhere near Negav to put an offshore oil rig.

I imagine most fuels are imported from offworld like most of the other supplies, or magical power sources are used.
It runs on Mana? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:33 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
gt500x wrote:

Spend enough time around Harpies and you'll eventually catch on.

Q: How is fuel managed in Negav? What types are there and how are they imported? Is an off-shore oil rig feasible?

There's no oceans anywhere near Negav to put an offshore oil rig.

I imagine most fuels are imported from offworld like most of the other supplies, or magical power sources are used.
It runs on Mana? Razz

No, more like magi-tech power generators that can be charged up by magical input from a mage, or the addition of some kind of magically charged material. Lots of options to go with there, really.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:52 am

I prefer mana powered cars. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:22 am

I think it could be mana powered, but not directly. That might just blow your car up or turn it into a Glouteux or something.

So Mana --> Electricity --> Turn the wheels on your vehicle
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:56 am

I think managing fuel sources could become a problem in Negav with all those people, maybe even an expensive one.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:59 am

Or it could be that electric rock. If it generates electricity by absorbing magic, it'd probably be the most efficient power source since Felarya ain't going to run out of magic anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:38 pm

luke112 wrote:
how can one become fluent in the Harpy dialect?

Stub you toe, or smash your thumb with a hammer.

gt500x wrote:

That brings up the interesting question: "Are there liquid/solid hydrocarbon deposits underground in Felarya?", which is in itself dependent on "How old is Felarya?", "Does Felarya have tectonic plates?", and a few other things.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Well, I suppose with Felarya being a plane it wouldn't have a heated core and therefore no shifting plates.

I'm willing to believe Felarya could be as old as the universe. It could even lie at the point of origin.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with the answers I got, fuel being imported from offworld is the most likely scenario. I'm not concerned with who controls it and how it's managed, it might be nothing but a pain to figure out.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:14 pm

To the fuel question: now wouldn't that really depend on a preference of what u think fuel should be. i mean you got all these different cultures in one place, but there has to be a common element somewhere, electricity is already there, but there's gotta be more with different minds and different cultural textures involved in that.

so for example. if I'm a human that comes from a space farring world, as a fuel. since my world has moved beyong fossil fuels and is now working on hydrogen, so what i would use in my vehicle would most likely be water. now if i asked an elf that, they probably say something close to mana or some other entity that is similar

Back to top Go down
thejackle123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
thejackle123

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 am

What is the order of Ravana3k's jora stories?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 am

thejackle123 wrote:
What is the order of Ravana3k's jora stories?
You could just send him a note on dA.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:32 am

The order is right there in his gallery. The chronological order of submission is also the order of the story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
thejackle123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
thejackle123

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 am

Is it ok to use the characters in the wikki for my stories or would I have to ask permission? If so which ones, if not all?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:26 am

I believe you should ask for permission for all characters and ideas that "belong" to a member of the community. You can find there names at the bottom of the wiki pages. There is also a thread sinking somewhere around here with contact information for community members.

I recently asked permission from a someone to write about the Titans and Correctors since they were credited for developing the ideas, but I think the idea still belonged to Karbo so I probably should have asked him instead. In fact, I will do that now. Just get in the habit of making sure the characters or ideas don't belong to anyone before you decide to do anything with them.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:21 am

well, characters that are there are cannon, so they belong to someone that is sure. you have to ask their permission. as for the rest, its free to use
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:39 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
well, characters that are there are cannon, so they belong to someone that is sure. you have to ask their permission. as for the rest, its free to use

Sort of.

Characters, canon or not, yeah you should ask first. That is just showing a little respect to the person who made the character. It is probably good to give them an idea of what you have planned too, so they can tell you if that is alright or not.

Most other ideas in the wiki are free to use, like the flora and fauna and the other smaller, less complex ideas.

I would suggest that if you plan on using a species/race someone made up, that you ask permission beforehand, or at least consult the creator when you use them. Much like characters, a lot of species and races have their own unique habits and cultures that will need to be done right to give an accurate representation of that species/race.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Quote :
You will be credited with the idea in the wiki and anyone that uses your idea in any of their works is fully expected to give you some amount of credit. They are also expected to contact you about your idea and ask for permission, and if their implementation of your idea is not to your liking, you can tell them how they can change it.
You are expected to ask.
However since at various points people ahve said "I don't mind if people use my plants/animals/etc" idea, It's safe to say that plant and animal ideas are safe to use without asking. I mean how can you get something that simple wrong? More complex ideas you should ask permission for. I know for a fact that Cauldronborn wants anyone using the Investigators to ask him first as they are easy to misuse.
I'd like people to ask before using jetbikes (The entry on the wiki is incomplete, so I'd have to fill them in on details.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:33 am

gt500x wrote:

Well, I suppose with Felarya being a plane it wouldn't have a heated core and therefore no shifting plates.
I disagree that a plane would not have a heated core; if it was thick enough then it's lower layers would become molten under the pressure of the layers above. There still might need to be some way for additional energy to be added to the "bottom" in order to prevent Felarya from solidifying.

gt500x wrote:

It could even lie at the point of origin.

/pointless pendantic mode: ON
There is no center of the universe.

Except that there is, if you use more than three dimensions and your universe curves the right way.
/pointless pendantic mode: DEFEATED!
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:11 am

Well, I didn't mean a center per se. I meant that it could exist as a result of the big bang and lie in the area that it occured.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:26 pm

If theres a limit on how high you can go up in Felarya, does that mean there is a limit on how Far down one can go? and if the is a limit how far down is that limit and where would you go if one goes past the limit?
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 pm

wiki wrote:
Of course, if Felarya has a vertical barrier to its plane, there must also be a subterranean one as well. The ground of Felarya is layered and structured similar to a normal planet’s. But if you were to dig down deep enough (many miles) you would pass through the subterranean rift. You would then appear several miles under the ground of a random planet in the universe. If you kept looking straight ahead, you would just seem to be digging like normal, but once you pass the rift, looking back would only reveal a wall of dirt. Felarya would be gone and you couldn’t go back. This scenario is highly unlikely though, since it would be nearly impossible for any living creature, or machine to dig that deep.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 pm

This is a question I think gt500x is going to like. What is a Harpy's digestive sytem like? Is it closer to a human, or is it closer to a bird with a gizzard to crush the food down so the stomach proper can break it down, or however the gizzard works?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 pm

I can see why they would have gizzards being an avian species but I don't see why they would need a gizzard, especially since nearly every other giant predator swallows food whole without needing the aid of a gland like that.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm

ah thank you, but that means that limit of going down is "more" than going up. The limit going up is 30,000 ft if i remember correctly but if what your saying is that one can ( if they had the means too) go seven miles down before they leave felarya?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Question for Karbo regarding his upcoming vore comic: Are you going to post the lineart before you do colors?

I'm practically twitching with anticipation for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next