Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

General Q and A - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 pm

wiki wrote:
Of course, if Felarya has a vertical barrier to its plane, there must also be a subterranean one as well. The ground of Felarya is layered and structured similar to a normal planet’s. But if you were to dig down deep enough (many miles) you would pass through the subterranean rift. You would then appear several miles under the ground of a random planet in the universe. If you kept looking straight ahead, you would just seem to be digging like normal, but once you pass the rift, looking back would only reveal a wall of dirt. Felarya would be gone and you couldn’t go back. This scenario is highly unlikely though, since it would be nearly impossible for any living creature, or machine to dig that deep.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 pm

This is a question I think gt500x is going to like. What is a Harpy's digestive sytem like? Is it closer to a human, or is it closer to a bird with a gizzard to crush the food down so the stomach proper can break it down, or however the gizzard works?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 pm

I can see why they would have gizzards being an avian species but I don't see why they would need a gizzard, especially since nearly every other giant predator swallows food whole without needing the aid of a gland like that.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm

ah thank you, but that means that limit of going down is "more" than going up. The limit going up is 30,000 ft if i remember correctly but if what your saying is that one can ( if they had the means too) go seven miles down before they leave felarya?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Question for Karbo regarding his upcoming vore comic: Are you going to post the lineart before you do colors?

I'm practically twitching with anticipation for it.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

luke112 wrote:
ah thank you, but that means that limit of going down is "more" than going up. The limit going up is 30,000 ft if i remember correctly but if what your saying is that one can ( if they had the means too) go seven miles down before they leave felarya?
(on a side note would you be so kind as to proof read your posts and fix obvious grammar problems.)
This isn't what I'm saying it's what the wiki is saying, and the wiki didn't say seven miles it said several. (this is vague but most people seem to use several to express numbers ranging from 4-7)
Quick conversion from feet to miles (yuck standard units (Yes I'm an american who doesn't like standard more metric please))
30,0000 ft|1 mile |≈5.68mi
|5280 ft|
So they would end up being about the same
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Question for Karbo regarding his upcoming vore comic: Are you going to post the lineart before you do colors?

I'm practically twitching with anticipation for it.

It won't be in color actually ^^; it will be in gray but not in screentones either. it will be a mix of both and I'm pretty excited by the result so far. I'll be uploading some of them very soon Smile

As for harpies, well I see them having a more human-like digestive system indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:42 am

What is Anna's Normal behavior?

Last edited by luke112 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:40 am

luke112 wrote:
question for Karbo, when will the next crisis and anna comic be out?

I think the intention of this thread is to focus on questions about the setting itself. That type of question is probably better handled with a PM or a note to Karbo. He's usually pretty good about answering those too.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:06 pm

For Water Sprites is there any more information on them within the forum then what is already on the Wiki? If so how far deep am I going to have to dig in forum?
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:18 pm

I would try using search, though honestly I'm not sure. Mostly what's on the wiki is what's regarded as canon for them.

How do Void Beetles have life cycles (of 10 weeks)?
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Well, the first stage is an egg, which hatches in about three days. Larval stage, the adult beetles carry the larvae around clinging to their backs much like how a scorpion does. The larvae are about the size of a human thumbnail and a paler blue than an adult, with little suction feet like a caterpillar to stay on the adults' backs. They have no void defense at this point, so they stay with the parents and eat what they can reach (many die out before reaching adulthood because they either are not able to get any food over their siblings or fall off while attempting to do so, which, along with Mirror birds and a few other predators, help keep their numbers manageable). Larval stage is 4 weeks, then one week of molting repeatedly in the manner of a dragonfly nymph, after which it is an adult and can mate. After 10 weeks are up, they die out. This is another factor that keeps their numbers down, as they breed very quickly and lay many eegs at once.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Okay, I thought they only lived for 10 weeks and then died of old age (impossible in Felarya).

Do Selachis have a nictating membrane or do their eyes roll back into their heads when they bite? (Sharks either have one or the other)
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:40 pm

I think their eyes roll back like sharks.
also are the Bloodclaw ape hoards just limited to the Junglie of perils and another question, If something tries to oppose the apes Will they focus their rage on their attacker? it may sound silly but its important for me to know the answer
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:25 am

Jasconius wrote:
Okay, I thought they only lived for 10 weeks and then died of old age (impossible in Felarya).

Do Selachis have a nictating membrane or do their eyes roll back into their heads when they bite? (Sharks either have one or the other)

Well, I do beleive I designed them to use the "nictating membrane" method.
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Wasn't able to find the information I needed in the wiki... Does Felaryan soil and water promote limb regeneration? If so, I may have to make a change to my story for a character that lost two legs.
Back to top Go down
thejackle123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
thejackle123

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Never heard it mentioned, though I an pretty new, but I've always thought it just promoted healing in general I'd imagine if the species had natural regenerative abilities it would boost them though.

Last edited by thejackle123 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:12 pm

gt500x wrote:
Wasn't able to find the information I needed in the wiki... Does Felaryan soil and water promote limb regeneration? If so, I may have to make a change to my story for a character that lost two legs.
I asked this question to Karbo once, I think, and while Felarya promotes healing, it doesn't regenerate. So if you lose an eye, or worse, you get amputed, it won't grow back. You'll either have to go through a surgery or find a really powerful healer to regenerate your lost limbs.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm sure the wiki did say that limbs were not regenerated by the healing effect at one point, but for some reason it was removed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Yeah, I vote for no regeneration. I feel it'd be really silly for a human to grow a limb back.

I'd also imagine a higher sense of urgency when going to mend a fracture. The accelerated healing affect would give you less time to realign the bone so that you don't get a gimp.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
gt500x wrote:
I asked this question to Karbo once, I think, and while Felarya promotes healing, it doesn't regenerate. So if you lose an eye, or worse, you get amputed, it won't grow back. You'll either have to go through a surgery or find a really powerful healer to regenerate your lost limbs.

The healing factor of the Felaryan soil, to put it simply, just super-enhances the body's immune system and regenerative properties. There's still bacteria, fungi and other disease causing agents, and they can still get into your body, but your body's defenses are supercharged to the point where the intruders are wiped out before they can begin to cause symptoms.

As for physical healing, only the natural healing processes of the body are enhanced. Wounds, burns and broken limbs heal at an accelerated rate.

Limbs do not grow back, unless that is already a trait of said species. For example, Fairy wings grow back because it is in the genetics to regrow/repair wings if they get damaged. The healing factor just accelerates that process. Some insect hybrids can probably re-grow limbs, some squamataurs can probably re-grow parts of their tails that get cut off, and shark-hybrids will grow new teeth as old ones fall out, for example. That kind of regeneration is dependant on species.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:34 pm

No need to get technical, Cliff. I know how the soil works, I just wasn't bother to explain the whole immune system thing.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Question: has there been riots in Negav
Question: Is there a Felaryan equal to SWAT in Negav?
Question: Has there been Policatcal assinations in Negav or the attempt of so by Snipers?
(sorry had to ask these because i dont know when i'll get another chance to.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 pm

There could be some of those in Negav, though they'd probably include some sort of magical element.

You sure seem to have an interest in police and military stuff, Luke.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
There could be some of those in Negav, though they'd probably include some sort of magical element.

You sure seem to have an interest in police and military stuff, Luke.
This is true, essentail to my stories in Felarya because it goes were very few stories or no stories at all have gone in depth with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next