Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

General Q and A - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:03 am

This is more a question to Karbo, but I'd like to see what the general consensus is.

I've always assumed nekos (at least in known Felarya) to be a human size only species.
Then I was told that Karbo's Vore comic takes place in a different part of Felarya with different characters. When it was revealed that one of these characters was I giant Neko, I assumed that there are no giant nekos on the currently mapped continent, but there are in different, unmapped parts of Felarya.

Is this assumption correct?

I'd like it to be, regionalised species is a good thing, it lends variety to the world. If all jungles have the same flora, fauna and intelligent species, what's the point?
It also allows for story devices where a character visits a region that has species that aren't found in his/her home region and has to deal with it.
Edit for Clarification: This also means that Giant Nekos could venture onto the mapped part.
I thought that the region that giant nekos come from could not have giant nagas or some other giant.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 am

Yeah, AJ does have a point there. There's been no documented case of a giant Neko in the Tolmeshal Jungle, or anywhere on the main map for that matter, until the vore comic. It would just be wierd to go "Suddenly there are giant nekos!" out of nowhere.

Maybe the comic could be set in a different region? Maybe northeast past the lakelands, or something. Not sure on the plot yet, but if the humans aren't a party of new arrivals (people who got sucked into Felarya randomly, in other words), maybe they hail from a previously unknown human settlement/colony/city that is off the edge of the map. It could be used as an opportunity to lend some development to a new region AND be a vore comic : )

Wasn't there an island that Notys was rumored to have altered, where human-sized things got made giant? Maybe the vore comic is set there, and the giant nekos and elves are descendants of the ones that Notys' passing made giant. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 am

I had assumed the vore comic was non-canon and just had a random giant neko for the heck of it
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 am

The whole "suddenly, there are giant nekos" is completely silly. Like when new ideas for animals, you could stretch it to "suddenly, there are Drakewillow Nexolts". The idea of the island, I find it far fetched since the previews doesn't give the vibe that it's on an island.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:26 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
My take on it: Why are we discussing this? Giant nekos could exist, it's just that they happen to be rare. We don't see Giantesses crawling out of the woodwork, do we? If someone wants a giant neko, let him or her have a giant neko. It's not an sin, it's not violation of canon, it's just something that was never done before. In fact, the neko entry never states "There can be only human-sized nekos".

Sean, this is the Q and A thread, not discuss the potential for giant nekos thread. AJ asked a valid question, why don't we give Karbo a chance to answer?

The good thing about AJ's question is that it could give the vore comic a chance to contribute something positive to the canon of the setting, instead of just being about "giant sexy nekos eating poor lil humans". It would give it the chance to be more than just a filler comic between two issues of the main manga.

Also, we gotta draw a line somewhere. Not EVERY species needs a giant, human-sized and micro version. If Neera are ONLY tiny, then of course some human-sized species are ONLY human-sized.

*NOTE: Sean edited his original post to be less confrontational. My point is still valid though**
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:31 am

Yeah, I assume that comic will take elsewhere in Felarya.

I'm personally against giant nekos - I don't think everything should have all sizes. If you're going for giant cat people, I think that's where the pantaurs come in.

True, there are giant elves, but they are suggested to be a created species and giantesses, but I'm pretty sure that Felarya has no native giantesses - they are all from offworld.

So... maybe the giant neko is from offworld as well?
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:36 am

Hmmm... how would Crisis react to a Giant Neko?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:44 am

probably the same as a giant human.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:13 pm

I agree, not every species needs giant versions. It might be easier to process if I learn that the giant neko is from another continent. Sometimes I wonder just how much we're going to cram into the current map.

Also, I know some people have tried to do their part in promoting underused species like Inus, and Harpies to a lesser extent, but I believe we could use just a little more help from you Karbo.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Quote :
True, there are giant elves, but they are suggested to be a created species and giantesses, but I'm pretty sure that Felarya has no native giantesses - they are all from offworld.

So... maybe the giant neko is from offworld as well?

That is actually an interesting observation. But what happens when you look into it further?

- Elle: Offworlder
- Milly: Offworlder
- Jade: Offworlder
- Jora: Offworlder
- Tanny: Offworlder (she isn't in the wiki, but she's the only other giantess I know of by name)
- Nearly all of the fan-fic giantess characters I've seen around DA have all been offworlders as well.

All known giantesses are offworlders. Milly and Elle were giants on their world of origin, and all the others used to be human-sized and were made giants by some kind of dimensional hiccup.

Given this evidence, I don't think it is too much of a stretch to assume that Felarya has NO native-born giant humans, and that humans only come in the normal and tomthumb variety (hell, for all we know, the original tomthumbs could have been offworlders).

I do agree that not every species needs a giant, normal and tiny variant. If the giant neko of the vore manga isn't an offworlder, then I strongly suggest we either make the vore comic take place in a location off the map, another continent, or on that rumored island where a dimensional anomaly made the nekos, elves and other human-sized races giant.

This could be a potential opportunity to develop an entirely new region some, along with the giants and humans that live there. I know the vore comic is supposed to be nearly done, but really, all Karbo would need to do is change some text here and there to represent a location we haven't seen yet.

Last edited by rcs619 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I find this highly arbitrary, since if there are off worlders, there is the possibility that may reproduce, so the off-springs can no longer be referred to as off-worlders, and how they need to be on another portion of the map, while good for expanding the masses, doesn't prevent them from moving to the known area. Hell, it's entirely possible that you could find a Centaur in Tolmeshal, just that the chances of this occuring are incredibly low.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I find this highly arbitrary, since if there are off worlders, there is the possibility that may reproduce, so the off-springs can no longer be referred to as off-worlders, and how they need to be on another portion of the map, while good for expanding the masses, doesn't prevent them from moving to the known area. Hell, it's entirely possible that you could find a Centaur in Tolmeshal, just that the chances of this occuring are incredibly low.

In theory, if an offworld giant woman happened to meet an offworld giant man, then they could potentially reproduce. I find the chances of this excessively unlikely though. You're talking extremely tiny odds there. So far, the only examples of giant humans have been tribal, unadvanced people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time...or someone from an advanced society getting turned giant by pure chance. Until a technologically advanced race of giants (if they exist) comes to Felarya in numbers, the giant human population of Felarya is going to insanely tiny, with almost no reproductive growth.

Your last point is extremely variable. If giant nekos are, in fact, only native to another continent, or a specific island, then it becomes impossible for them to actually come to places on the known map. That could explain why we've never seen one in the whole 6 years Felarya has been around.

Last edited by rcs619 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:17 pm

I don't think that this giant neko is that big of a deal honnestly.. for what we know she could be one of a kind or be from a hidden tribe in the north that is never seen in Central Felarya or something ^^
As for the comic, it takes place near the jungle of peril, in a region north of the Serrakmos statue.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Karbo wrote:
I don't think that this giant neko is that big of a deal honnestly.. for what we know she could be one of a kind or be from a hidden tribe in the north that is never seen in Central Felarya or something ^^
As for the comic, it takes place near the jungle of peril, in a region north of the Serrakmos statue.

No, just no. It IS a big deal, Karbo. It sets a very bad precedent if it goes through, and just adds in a whole other mess to deal with within the canon.

We don't need giant nekos. We have Pantaurs. Not every species needs a giant, normal and tiny version.

Where does this madness end? Giant Inu? Human-sized Neera? Micro-Dryads? Oh, how about micro-Nekos that are the size of Neera for no apparent reason? That would be just adorable.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Well rcs, giant nekos might not be a separate species from normal nekos, but might be like the case of the giantess Jora - they are extremely rare and were off-world nekos who became giant once they came to Felarya, or are the descendants of them.

They could also be from outside of Felarya, such as to the south, and their range is only now starting to extend into Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:51 pm

i share karbo's thoughts. wheres the big deal?

as far as i know, felarya is karbo's world. if he decides to bring a giant neko, who are YOU to decide otherwise?

also, with what i know, felarya is saturated by magic. what magic can do? about anything. why wouldnt it make a neko giant?

and youre bringing that "i know everything about felarya" tone again.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Cliff let me voice of reason you for a minute here, Karbo has yet to reveal the backstory of the giant neko, or the species as a whole for that matter. We know no information other then A: She's a Neko, B: She's giant. As far as we are aware, she may very well be from a distant land, an off-worlder, or one of a kind. You need to calm down a bit and not jump to conclusions until you know all information on the subject
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Quote :
as far as i know, felarya is karbo's world. if he decides to bring a giant neko, who are YOU to decide otherwise?

A longtime community and forum member. We have the right to question and critique Karbo's ideas just like the ideas of any other member.

Quote :
also, with what i know, felarya is saturated by magic. what magic can do? about anything. why wouldnt it make a neko giant?

No, it can't. Magic has rules. The only magic that can alter sizes is Fairy magic, and that wears off of someone once they get too far away from the fairy that casted it.

Unless this giant neko is from another continent, or from an isolated island, the ONLY way she should be able to be giant is from a dimensional mishap like Jas suggested. Something excessively rare, and based on pure chance, that almost never happens to anyone else.

Quote :
As far as we are aware, she may very well be from a distant land, an off-worlder, or one of a kind

The one of a kind option is the only acceptable one. If it is a tribe, then, well, that implies an entire species. A single tribe cannot sustain itself alone without inbreeding. There'd need to be other tribes, which means even more giant nekos.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:10 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Quote :

A longtime community and forum member. We have the right to question and critique Karbo's ideas just like the ideas of any other member.
I agree, because like any other writer, Karbo would be wise to accept feedback. However, we must also respect his decisions. Felarya is his, as we all know, though our vested interest in it does mean we should have some voice.

rcs619 wrote:
Quote :

No, it can't. Magic has rules. The only magic that can alter sizes is Fairy magic, and that wears off of someone once they get too far away from the fairy that casted it.
We've never been able to agree on the limits or workings of magic. I agree with the idea of it having rules, but some people prefer "crazy magic that does everything for convenience".

And leave it to Nekko to defend giant catgirls. XD
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:12 pm

i also have the right to question and critique. but none here have the right to force him. you are trying to force him to follow your way of thinking.

okay then quote me where in the wiki it says "magic cannot make people grow"

you are too conservative.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:14 pm

At this rate we could just say that becoming giant or tiny upon arriving to Felarya would be a very, very, VERY tiny posibilty if you're an off-worlder. It works for humans, it might as well work for nekos by an even smaller margin
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:18 pm

i wasnt talking about being offworlder. like...when you born or something like that.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
i wasnt talking about being offworlder. like...when you born or something like that.

No. Size-shifting is based on dimensional interference. That's the reason Fairy magic does what it does. It isn't just "magic making people grow" it is a form of dimensional manipulation. It is a very strange, and unique form of magic. That's the reason only an offworlder can have the random chance to grow giant, because they are interacting with the fabric of the dimension itself.

Come to think of it, it probably only happens with whiplash connections, since they are so violent. I mean, they are literally the fabric of reality tearing for a micro-second and sucking anything around that rip in.

Either way, it needs to be rare. Very, very rare, like as rare as what happened to Anna...since that also seemed to be related to a dimensional anomaly.

Last edited by rcs619 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:25 pm

bring me a quote from the wiki.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
i also have the right to question and critique. but none here have the right to force him. you are trying to force him to follow your way of thinking.
No, he's not. He's simply stating his opinion. It irks me when people can't speak their minds because people irrationally take it the wrong way.

Krisexy26 wrote:
okay then quote me where in the wiki it says "magic cannot make people grow"

you are too conservative.
Quote where it says that it can, other than fairy magic.

When there are gaps, it is better to assume that you are incorrect. If you aren't, the worst thing that happens is a missed opportunity that can usually be seized later. If you are, and go on anyways, then revisions and withdrawals will take place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next