Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

General Q and A - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 am

Question: About how long does it take the hybrid preds to grow up to full size?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:34 am

MrNobody13 wrote:
Question: About how long does it take the hybrid preds to grow up to full size?

The average giant pred reaches full size somewhere around 40 to 50 years old. (Human-sized nagas, mermaids, harpies, etc, would age at a similar rate to humans and nekos. The giant ones just age slower)

The anti-aging effect of the healing factor would kick in between the ages of 60 and 70 for a giant predator. (Once again, for human-sized hybrids, it would kick in between 25-29 years old, the same ages it kicks in for humans, nekos, etc.)

The only major exception to that I can think of would be Fairies. Since they aren't technically "giant", they would age at a more normal, human-like rate. This is probably why there are so many of them. They age quicker and reproduce more often than other predator species.
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:23 am

Okay, thank you.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:23 am

Question: The wiki says that Felarya rejects angels and sucubi because they aren't from that reality. Why doesn't Felarya reject people from other worlds? Also, if a sucubus was born in Felarya, would it reject them?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am

Angels and succubi are from different planes existence, this is, Heaven and Hell respectively. Those have very different laws compared with what we would call a physical realm, such as Felarya. This applies to them as Heaven and Hell don't obey the same rules as physical worlds, thus they need extra energy to keep a physical form here. Such energy is drained until they can't stay any longer and must vanish, going back to their home realm. As hinted in the wiki, only way they seem to use for not running out of energy is eating. And you know what they can eat, being this Felarya. Razz

So mortal individuals, since they all come from physical realms, don't need this extra energy to stay. This is why humans and other people from other worlds can stay in Felarya: all of them are physical from the very beginning.

About angels and/or succubi being born in Felarya, I think that the fact they're born in a mortal world doesn't mean that they will obey the rules of such physical realm. Rules would be the same and even if they're born in Felarya, the world will reject them as they aren't from this plane of existence and thus need extra energy...

... Unless the opposite is stated of course, I'm still green. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Question: Is crossbreeding in Felarya possible? I know someone said a Harpy can mate with anything and get another Harpy, but I mean can two different species breed?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm still waiting for answers: Do Nekos have low stamina? Do Nekos give birth in litters?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Grave wrote:
Question: Is crossbreeding in Felarya possible? I know someone said a Harpy can mate with anything and get another Harpy, but I mean can two different species breed?

For the most part, no.

Harpies are one of the exceptions because they are all female. Its just how their race has always reproduced. They mate with a male of similar size and compatible genitals, and if they get pregnant, something in their genetics overrides the male's genes and makes the child a female Harpy.

As for other species crossbreeding, no, most cannot. These are different species, and like in nature, different species cannot crossbreed except for the occaisional exception. They can still mate for recreation or love, but they aren't going to get a kid out of it.

The only real exceptions may be a human/elf or human/fairy combination. Honestly, I think fairies, given their innate wierdness, wouldn't be able to crossbreed with humans, but they are probably the closest to humans after Elves. I also think that Neko and Inu would be too different for it to be possible, but that's just personal opinion.

The other "exception", and I use this term loosely considering that no actual sex is involved, is how fairies can crossbreed with Elementals to produce various fairy/elemental hybrid species (Storm Sprites, Dusk Nymphs, Frost Sprites, etc). Since no one is going to have sex with an electric/darkness/ice monster (and given the extremely magical nature of fairies), it is likely that these matings are of a purely magical nature, instead of being physical like it is with most other species.

Also, given how rare elementals actually are, I imagine that fairy/elemental matings are not that common, and that nearly all new hybrid fairies are born from the mating of two other hybrids (two Storm Sprites having a kid, for example).
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I'm still waiting for answers: Do Nekos have low stamina? Do Nekos give birth in litters?

From what I've heard, Nekos have less stamina than humans. Its up to you if you consider that low.
As for the second question, I don't know if they give birth in litters, but they may have to considering the dangerous enviornment they live in. I'm sure their babies (or kittens) are smaller than human newborns as well.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Other Question: Negav's Adventurer's Guild looks pretty underdeveloped. I used it in two stories, and both times you could go pick up jobs and requests submitted. Is it really how it operates, or is it just the entry being really skinny?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Probably doesn't count as a proper question, but i've been wondering...if harpies are extremely rude when they are in fact talking nicely...does this mean that when they get really angry, they are suddenly polite?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:33 pm

I suppose they could stop slinging insults if they are really mad. But to call them being rude in the first place would be wrong since Harpies dont know how to be rude. So I think when they get mad they simply get physical.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:07 pm

gt500x wrote:
I suppose they could stop slinging insults if they are really mad. But to call them being rude in the first place would be wrong since Harpies dont know how to be rude. So I think when they get mad they simply get physical.

Harpies are perfectly capable of being rude. They may use insults a lot, but there is a LOT of subtlty to their speech. Its all about the tone, and delivery, and the words chosen. Harpies can insult eachother (real insults) just fine, and can be plenty rude.

They'd probably talk more normal too, since to them, not using insults in your speech is considered improper and a bit rude.

But yeah, its all about the tone and how the insults are delievered. It is very likely that Harpies have the most complex and intricate language outside of Mermaid-song.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:10 pm

It just occured to me, giving compliments are one way they can be rude. Not Harpy compliments, but our compliments. Like, "I love what you've done with your hair!" can be grounds for a butt kicking.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Other Question: Negav's Adventurer's Guild looks pretty underdeveloped. I used it in two stories, and both times you could go pick up jobs and requests submitted. Is it really how it operates, or is it just the entry being really skinny?

I would go with the entry being really skinny. More stories involving it would definitely help to flesh it out, such as having them have branches within other cities, a more detailed level of organization, etc...

Now here is a question of my own. Due chlaenas and their cousins die after reproducing like with most cephalopods, or do they simply continue living? Also involving this, due they produce eggs/egg sacs (though each containing only one offspring) or do they live birth?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Jasconius wrote:
Now here is a question of my own. Due chlaenas and their cousins die after reproducing like with most cephalopods, or do they simply continue living? Also involving this, due they produce eggs/egg sacs (though each containing only one offspring) or do they live birth?
(I can't be the only one here who thought of that Futurama episode involving Dr Zoidberg.)

I don't think that they should. That kind of thing makes culture very difficult, as who's going to raise and teach the young? The ones who weren't good enough to find a mate, that's who.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Ok I'm unsure where to bring this up so I'm putting it here.

Whats the height on Scorpisaïs? Its not given in the wiki. Also should ideas on them be put under the dridder and centaur forum? Do to the fact the Dridders are Half human or elf and half spider while a Scorpisaïs is half human half scorpion, and scorpions are the primitive cuisines of spiders both in the arachnid family. So would it make seance to have them in the same forum as the dridder?
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:44 am

Quote :

I don't think it's ever been officially addressed, but I would image they do not die after reproducing. Some animal traits just don't carry over to the hybrids. Its like how female Mantoids don't eat the male ones after mating (since they are the same size, that would be kinda tough). That's not even totally true in nature anyway.

As for the type...I imagine it would be either an egg or egg sac. Probably an egg sac containing one to three kids. I don't think any of that has been brought up before, so its more personal opinion than anything.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Quote :

I don't think it's ever been officially addressed, but I would image they do not die after reproducing. Some animal traits just don't carry over to the hybrids. Its like how female Mantoids don't eat the male ones after mating (since they are the same size, that would be kinda tough). That's not even totally true in nature anyway.

As for the type...I imagine it would be either an egg or egg sac. Probably an egg sac containing one to three kids. I don't think any of that has been brought up before, so its more personal opinion than anything.

Octopuses have their babies in "pillars" of rows and rows of tiny eggs the females keep around and oxygenate. I could see chlaenas doing something like that
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Slimetoad wrote:
Octopuses have their babies in "pillars" of rows and rows of tiny eggs the females keep around and oxygenate. I could see chlaenas doing something like that

I figured something like that too. I guess most chlaenas and their relatives are good parents.... save for the kraken caelias. When one has a mother with a massive appetite and no concept of feeling "full", and a bunch of children which have the same traits swimming around her... well I figure the young head out on their own rather early after being born...

Another question involving these cephalopod-taurs, seeing as they have no bones whatsoever, wouldn't any blow to the head be extremely dangerous as it would damage their unprotected brains as they lack a skull?
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:23 pm

The damage caused by a blow to the head would probably depend greatly on just how fragile their brains are. If they were relatively inflexible like a human's is, then I could see a head blow being fatal, but if their brains are more resilient, like muscle tissue is, then a blow to the head would probably not do much damage.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 am

this was ignored re posting my quetion -_-

Whats the height on Scorpisaïs? Its not given in the wiki. Also should ideas on them be put under the dridder and centaur forum? Do to the fact the Dridders are Half human or elf and half spider while a Scorpisaïs is half human half scorpion, and scorpions are the primitive cuisines of spiders both in the arachnid family. So would it make seance to have them in the same forum as the dridder?
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:48 am

To answer, I think they probably have the same height variations as a dridder. So giant-sized to human-sized.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:56 am

Ok thanks but should they be listed in with dridders cause there related?
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:45 am

Well, scorpisaïs and dridders don't need to be related, even if in real life scorpions and spiders are both arachnids. It's like saying that all tauric species should be related with humans in anyway, since they're half-human in appearance.

Unless, of course, someone says they share a common ascendancy. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next