Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Hall of Infamy?

Go down 
+5
Anime-Junkie
EdgedWeapon
Archmage_Bael
Shady Knight
Slimetoad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Considering how infamous a lot of the named predator characters are, and the various titles they seem to have...wouldn't it make sense for human or neko communities like Negav keep a list of them?

As in, some sort of ancient library where characters like Anko or Crisis are treated as semi-mythical figures, with artistic depictions, detailings of their powers and many names and -apparent- motivations, and even notes where it is detailed where said predators are at the moment, as well as their movement patterns
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Well given how many people underestimate them, I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:18 pm

It's a good idea, but I don't think there would be that many details, especially movement patterns or locations. Assumption of powers and motivation I can see, as some people actually DO escape crisis xD but I'm sure they're mentally scarred(sp?), lol.
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Not bloody likely   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:21 am

In order to record this, they'd have to actually march into the jungles of Felarya and find predators. So no there probably isn't a list - it's a good idea on paper but finding people to research it would be impossible.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:38 am

Quote :
semi-mythical figures
Oh no. I think that the mid sized inhabitants of Felarya know that predators are in no way mythical. Razz

I think there would be databases of local predators kept by the local elves/nekos/humans but as for a hall like you described?Ii doubt it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:22 am

I didn't have a way to better describe it at the time XP

And yeah, maybe it's too far-fetched but i thought it would make sense. There are things you really have to watch for more than others out there
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 am

My guess is individual characters who've run into them and lived keep entries on the predators.

I know one of mine does.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:08 am

I also believe this is a good idea- no, an excellent idea. Forewarning will do wonders for anyone, and information is something worth dying for in this case.

There WOULD be such a thing. If you want, I think I still had a rough draft of what information would've been gleaned from many predators... it's completely incomplete, though.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Stabs wrote:
I also believe this is a good idea- no, an excellent idea. Forewarning will do wonders for anyone, and information is something worth dying for in this case.

There WOULD be such a thing. If you want, I think I still had a rough draft of what information would've been gleaned from many predators... it's completely incomplete, though.

Oooh, i'd love to see it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:56 pm

You forget Slime that for many people, continuity decrees that you don't know a Predator exists until you're dangling over its mouth. Nobody but main characters tells other people about nasty native fauna, and nobody but main characters listens to them about their descriptions. It's in the in-verse script. Razz

But a list of general Predators in the area seems about right, but it'd most probably just be general types and the like. "Five gigantic Predators: Dridder, Dridder, Naga, Sluggirl, Harpy. Eleven large Predators: [and so on]" I doubt they'd go much into specific Predators unless said Predator at least gives some sign of personality to the prey, and thus by extension also lets some go. That or a Predator is so well known by everyone in the area that you probably don't need a hall of infamy to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: It could work   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:59 pm

I think specific predators would probably be viable, but only the very, very dangerous ones. The ones that eat boatloads of sentient small races often and are well known for it. (Ever heard of Gustav the crocodile? Shocked)

While most preds would remain obscure, some would definitely make it. Crisis, Vivian, Jissy, Milly, Anko, all the folks that eat large amounts of people and are regularly seen and heard about.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Well crisis and vivan do eat a lot.
Anko would be famous for the bridge she guards
Dunno about Jissy and Milly though, do they go out of their way to eat midsize sentients?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Not out of their way, per se, but Jissy eats folks off the Felarya Express pretty regularly, I believe. Milly, well, maybe not Milly. Although the people in Safe Harbour probably know about her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Hall of Infamy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hall of Infamy?   A Hall of Infamy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Hall of Infamy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion-
Jump to: