Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nekos and blood?

Go down 
+12
Malahite
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
aethernavale
rcs619
Shady Knight
Pendragon
AisuKaiko
Dart 180
Anime-Junkie
Slimetoad
Krisexy26
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Okay guys! i had a chat with someone i really really like here and he made me want to do my part here on the forum, isnt it amazing? XD

anyways! i just wanted to know if nekos, with their fangs, were...attracted by blood. in other words, are they like vampire?
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Uh...what? What kind of logic is that? :/

Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:39 pm

No, they're not.
Nekos have catlike teeth, which includes fangs. But that doesn't mean they're going to drink blood like vampires. There's no reason for them to.
Obviously some nekos are going to utilise their teeth in combat with bites, since the fangs can pierce deep and damage nerves but that's the extent of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Dart 180
Helpless prey
Dart 180

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Well i'm sure there have been cases where a Neko has been bitten by a vampire, resulting in a Neko vampire which would have a taste for blood. Fangs doesn't equal thirst for blood.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Dart 180 wrote:
Well i'm sure there have been cases where a Neko has been bitten by a vampire, resulting in a Neko vampire which would have a taste for blood.
Vampirism is a disease, and we know what that means in Felarya.(No infection)

Dart 180 wrote:
Fangs doesn't equal thirst for blood.
That's the extent of it.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:25 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm very curious as to where this believed correlation originated. I have pretty sharp fangs, and I hate the taste of blood.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:04 am

Actually, your assumption isn't too far off. It isn't true of ALL nekos, but there are warrior tribes of them who live to fight, so naturally when they see blood, they often go into a frenzy.

They aren't compelled to actually drink the blood, but it's more of an incense for them to fight.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:31 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm very curious as to where this believed correlation originated. I have pretty sharp fangs, and I hate the taste of blood.
I'm going to blame Hollywood on that one, and I agree with Pen.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:35 am

Pendragon wrote:
Actually, your assumption isn't too far off. It isn't true of ALL nekos, but there are warrior tribes of them who live to fight, so naturally when they see blood, they often go into a frenzy.
There is?
That seems a bit inconvenient if I'm understanding you correctly, not to mention I can't see THAT much logic behind it. Why would they naturally go into a frenzy?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:27 am

Same reason alot of other things happen.

Often warrior tribe nekos are born for survival, and when they sense blood, they know they have to be on their toes lest their blood be spilled next.

It's like cautionary trait.
Back to top Go down
Dart 180
Helpless prey
Dart 180

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Dart 180 wrote:
Well i'm sure there have been cases where a Neko has been bitten by a vampire, resulting in a Neko vampire which would have a taste for blood.
Vampirism is a disease, and we know what that means in Felarya.(No infection)

I never said that it had to happen in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 pm

vampirism is a disease yes...on earth. Vampirism can also be a curse. isnt felarya saturated with magic?

also, i was simply wondering because i was thinking about making a neko tribe which would also be a vampire neko tribe.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Vampires can't turn creatures into other vampires in Felarya since you can't create undeads here. That doesn't mean there can't be on other worlds.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 pm

well...look at how a vampire make another human become a vampire. it bites him, but do not kill him. vampires arent zombies or whatever, they just become immortal at a certain point of their lives.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Vampires are still seen as undead. Their entry states they can't turn other creatures in vampires while on Felarya.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Vampires are still seen as undead. Their entry states they can't turn other creatures in vampires while on Felarya.

Yeah, there are really only two ways to look at vampirism...

- A blood-borne disease: This would not work in Felarya because of the enhanced immunity everyone has. Maybe a passing "Vampire-effect" at worst, but I imagine it would get worked out of the body relatively quickly.

- A form of necromancy: The more magical interpretation of vampirism is as a form of necromancy. The vampire doesn't just nip the person and let them go. They bite deep into the victim's neck, into its arteries. The person getting turned into a vampire has to die first. The only difference between a vampire and a zombie is that a zombie is a re-animated corpse, and a vampire is just a corpse that is caught between a state of living and death. They are undead, neither living or dead. Necromancy doesnt work on Felarya though because of the healing factor, so this interpretation would not be possible either.

A vampire COULD come into Felarya, and survive by feeding on people, sure. But they would not be able to turn other beings into vampires. Necromancy in general just doesn't work. Zombies, werewolves, etc.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Actually, Felarya only stops any form of resurrection, be it from reincarnation, being brought back to life through powerful holy magic, or anything involving returning a corpse back to life in one way or another. I talked about Karbo and if you go by D&D standards where Necromancy spells don't revolve only around the creation of undeads, a lot of them would work.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Actually, Felarya only stops any form of resurrection, be it from reincarnation, being brought back to life through powerful holy magic, or anything involving returning a corpse back to life in one way or another. I talked about Karbo and if you go by D&D standards where Necromancy spells don't revolve only around the creation of undeads, a lot of them would work.

ALL necromancy revolves around the undead.

- Necro: Dead/Death
- Mancy: Indicating divination of a particular kind

Whether its re-animating corpses, summoning skeleton warriors, creating vampires, werewolves and so on, it doesn't work. All of necromancy revolves around manipuling the remains of the dead. Just like how geomancy revolves around manipulating stone, dirt and sand.

It specifically says in the wiki that necromancy, the manipulation of the dead using magic, does not work.

How can you have necromancy without messing the the dead anyway? Then it would just be dark-element magic or something, or a curse, not necromancy.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 pm

I think you're too set in stone. If you used a spell that emulates the ability of a typical undead, like say, the touch of a ghoul, the wail of a banshee, or a vampiric touch, hell, even communicating with the dead, according to Karbo, it would work. What he told me is that once you die in Felarya, you can't be resurrected, reanimated, or reincarnated. He too views Necromancy as only reviving the dead when you can actually stretch that meaning a bit further.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I think you're too set in stone. If you used a spell that emulates the ability of a typical undead, like say, the touch of a ghoul, the wail of a banshee, or a vampiric touch, hell, even communicating with the dead, according to Karbo, it would work. What he told me is that once you die in Felarya, you can't be resurrected, reanimated, or reincarnated. He too views Necromancy as only reviving the dead when you can actually stretch that meaning a bit further.

Ghoul touch and all that other stuff isn't necromancy though. They don't manipulate the dead. If anything, they are curses. They cause a negative effect on someone through magic. That is a curse, not necromancy.

As for communicating with the dead, that's likely its own different sub-group of magic. The only one I've even seen do it is that neko shaman of Zoekin's. That wouldn't be necromancy anyway. You're just calling out to a spirit and hoping it answers.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 pm

See, you are being too rigid. Remember, magic is only limited to someone's imagination, so that's why it's never consistent from setting to setting and author to author. Most about it is subjective. For some, lightning is a subset of air, for others, they are separate. It's all dependent on how the person use it. Like on MSN, you can't claim that summoning is impossible on Felarya when it's clear that you didn't read the section on the wiki where summoned creatures can stay indefinitely. To some, a vampiric touch or energy drain is necromancy. For others, they are forbidden, unspecified spells. Do not try to be objective in a subjective concept.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
See, you are being too rigid. Remember, magic is only limited to someone's imagination, so that's why it's never consistent from setting to setting and author to author. Most about it is subjective. For some, lightning is a subset of air, for others, they are separate. It's all dependent on how the person use it. Like on MSN, you can't claim that summoning is impossible on Felarya when it's clear that you didn't read the section on the wiki where summoned creatures can stay indefinitely. To some, a vampiric touch or energy drain is necromancy. For others, they are forbidden, unspecified spells. Do not try to be objective in a subjective concept.

No, its not. Magic has rules and different disciplines.

"Lightning" magic is the manipulating of electric currents. It is completely different fromt he manipulation of air and wind.

Different magical disciplines are like different martial arts. They are designed for a specific purpose and have their own speciic sets of traits and moves.

Pyromancy, Geomancy, Aeromancy, Cryomancy, Necromancy, Photomancy, and so on are all different from one another. They have their own specific techniques and uses. There have to be rules and categories or it is all just a mess.

You cannot have summoning magic, at all. It would require making a portal, and portal magic is its own seperate type of magic...a type of magic that is notoriously hard to do. Magic is about manipulating the world around you, not poofing deus ex machina out of thin air.

No, energy drain is not necromancy. It may mimic an undead, but that does not make it necromacny. If its anything, it is a curse.

Magic is not subjective. People come from different worlds, but they exist within the same multiverse...a multiverse that has a set of rules for its magic.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:34 pm

And thank you for proving my point that you are way too stiff.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
And thank you for proving my point that you are way too stiff.

It isn't about being stiff. Its about having a set of categories and rules. Within the different categories, there is a huge amount of variety, but the different magics DO need to fall into their right places.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Alright, alright, let's keep the namecalling to a minimum D:
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Nekos and blood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nekos and blood?   Nekos and blood? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nekos and blood?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next