Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manotaur

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Centaur species> Manotaur

The Manotaur are a race that is half-bull/half-humanoid; with the humanoid torso in place of where a bulls head would be and a pair of menacing horns on their heads. They are very rare, all male and stand 80 ft tall on average. Their humanoid torso is muscular and hard as steel to withstand the punishing territorial battles that they engage in. Manotaurs have very imposing figures and other male Centaur species will often give up their breeding grounds rather than fight for it.

Manotaurs are able to mate with any of the female Centaur species, but the chances of producing another Manotaur are very low. Combined with the fatalities the Manotaur often suffer due to their battles, nature is able to keep this dominating race from spreading wildly.

Then Manotaur are omnivorous. They are known to eat cattle, bears, and even small trees. Manotaurs will not shy away from eating humans if their paths cross, but they will not go out of their way to hunt them. Manotaur do not swallow their food whole, they chew their food to avoid having living creatures squirming around in their bellies.

(Character based on this: Asterius)

Last edited by gt500x on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:14 am

But if they're constantly fighting each other and offspring are very rare, wouldn't the whole race be in very critical numbers or nearly extinct at this point?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:48 am

They are rare, but I think that's best because of their dominating nature. Also I can't have too many running around because that area I placed them in is relatively small. Their population is controlled, they will not go extinct.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:15 am

Hmm... if they have a way of reproducing, then I say this might work. As it stands though, they won't be able to stay at their numbers without some way of recreating.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:27 am

Manotaur Ideas__species_and_fauna_01_by_gt500x-d3jmufv

<b><u>Minotaurs </u></b>
Danger level:  Moderate

The Minotaurs can mainly be found in plains, away from large concentrations of trees.  They can best be described as a human-bovine hybrid, more specifically a human-bull hybrid, ranging in height from 100 to 130 feet.  They are bipedal and have legs resembling those of bovines, with humanoid torsos. Unlike the original Minotaur of mythology, they have a humanoid head with bull-like horns rather than the entire head of bull.  They are generally very hairy and quite wild looking.  Some have hair covering 80% of their body.  Minotaurs are omnivores and will eat small humanoids on occasion, but will not go out of their way to hunt them.  They have been used often as temple gaurdians due to their brute strength and uncanny dedication to tasks.  Even for giants, the strength of Minotaurs is astonishing.  Furthermore, due to their upbringing once a Minotaur has set his/her mind to a goal, such as protecting someone or thing, the Minotaur will see it through to the bitter end.

In their environment, the Minotaurs are a rowdy and fun-loving lot.  The males have naturally muscular frames capable of withstanding tons of physical punishment, which is good because they can often be found roughhousing or battling for breeding grounds.  They are easily recognizable due to the horns on their heads and the many scars gained from countless duels with rivals.  They are notorious for their tendency to enter blind rages and destroy the vehicles of adventurers.  But this reputation actually due to a misinterpretation of their aggression.  Humans see anger, when it's actually just good spirited roughhousing in the eyes of Minotaurs.  The females, or Minotauresses, are a little more mild mannered in comparison but that does not make them any less dangerous because they are absolutely voracious eaters.  It's generally believed that they are all somewhat dimwitted, therefore sharp adventurers stand a good chance at being able to outsmart them.

Last edited by Heavenless-star on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:53 am

^ I decided to paste this idea from my DA account here even though the changes I made don't really make them a centaur subspecies anymore. I guess I could always make them quadrupeds again if that fits this world better.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:53 pm

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be a man with the bottom half of a man. XD
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:24 am

Yeah, the original version was named that way because I wanted something like Minotaur but slightly different. It wasn't the best decision I've ever made. Any ideas to make the updated version better? Should I go with four legs or two?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manotaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manotaur   Manotaur Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manotaur
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Dridders and Centaurs-
Jump to: